PDA

View Full Version : Montana St. Season Tickets Sold Out

GOKATS
July 13th, 2007, 03:59 PM
Earliest sellout ever.

BOZEMAN, Mont.

July 13, 2007

Bobcat Football Season Tickets Sold Out at Record Pace

Two months before opening the home portion of its 2007 football schedule, Montana State announced Friday that no season tickets remain. Tickets to MSU's individual games go on sale Monday, July 23, Bobcat Athletic Ticket Manager Cory Chenoweth said. “This is the earliest date season tickets for football have been sold out,” Chenoweth said. “It beats the 2006 sell-out date by a month.” Last year’s season tickets sold out August 14.

About 2000 tickets each remain for five of the team’s six home games, including the home opener against Dixie State on September 13. The game against the D-II Rebels is the traditional Bobcat Gala weekend and has also been designated as “The Gold Rush” game where fans are asked to wear gold in support of the ‘Cats. The opener is followed by the Wendy’s Hall of Fame game on Sept. 29 against Idaho State, Homecoming on Oct. 6 against Southern Utah, Parent/Family Day Oct. 20 against Sacramento State, Military and Ag Appreciation Day November 3 against Northern Arizona, and the traditional Cat-Griz contest on November 17, which is also Senior Day. Single game tickets for the Cat-Griz contest will not be on sale July 23.

asu3peat
July 13th, 2007, 04:01 PM
Congrats on some goods news for the Cats!!!

Ivytalk
July 13th, 2007, 04:28 PM
Outstanding result! The Cats should be proud!xthumbsupx

OB55
July 13th, 2007, 04:44 PM
Great start for a new era!xthumbsupx

Was there for that Bobcat Gala game last year, it was GREAT!! :p

AmsterBison
July 13th, 2007, 04:44 PM
Holy cow, that's great!

You'd think with the bad publicity that maybe people would have stayed away. Nice to see that that wasn't the case.

DuckDuckGriz
July 13th, 2007, 04:47 PM
Good work Cat fans. xthumbsupx

No_Skill
July 13th, 2007, 05:21 PM
What's the number of season tickets sold?

Ronbo
July 13th, 2007, 05:53 PM
Just a guess but with only 2000 tickets remaining for 5 home games they must have about 13,000 tickets sold for each of those games and I'll bet the Griz game is completely sold out already. I'll guess they have 8,000 season tickets, 4,000 student tickets, and 3,000+ single game seats.

GOKATS
July 13th, 2007, 06:03 PM
Just a guess but with only 2000 tickets remaining for 5 home games they must have about 13,000 tickets sold for each of those games and I'll bet the Griz game is completely sold out already. I'll guess they have 8,000 season tickets, 4,000 student tickets, and 3,000+ single game seats.

Those numbers are real close, but I think student tickets are 3,500. Cat/Griz isn't officially sold out yet, because they have to keep in reserve so many griz tickets, but it will no doubt sell out. I'd say there's a very good chance every regular season game will sell out.

DuckDuckGriz
July 13th, 2007, 06:25 PM
Those numbers are real close, but I think student tickets are 3,500. Cat/Griz isn't officially sold out yet, because they have to keep in reserve so many griz tickets, but it will no doubt sell out. I'd say there's a very good chance every regular season game will sell out.
Any word on the stadium additions in Bozeman? Are they still wanting to build that bowl shaped endzone?

catbob
July 13th, 2007, 06:52 PM
Any word on the stadium additions in Bozeman? Are they still wanting to build that bowl shaped endzone?

The fans are.

But if anything, they will first build press boxes/sky suites on the student side. Those will pay themselves off (apparently), and eventually generate revenue to fund an indoor practice facility and a stadium expansion someday.

:(

GOKATS
July 13th, 2007, 07:00 PM

Still (forever......) in the capital campaign phase. The addition of approx. 38 sky suites above the student section has been approved bythe Board of Regents (they're pre-sold & all private funding- good revenue source) so hopefully that phase will begin soon. Probably next will be the indoor practice facility (also privately funded). Once the capital campaign is complete we should get going on stadium expansion which should include bowling the south end zone. Future expansion would bowl the north end zone over the locker rooms.

Patience is a virtue...........I don't know how much longer I can be virtuos.:)

DuckDuckGriz
July 13th, 2007, 07:07 PM
When do they start on those sky suites? How much of this was in the long-term planning when they rennovated in `99? Was there any planning at all?

GOKATS
July 13th, 2007, 08:13 PM
When do they start on those sky suites? How much of this was in the long-term planning when they rennovated in `99? Was there any planning at all?

I'd like to think the additional sky suites will be ready next year (there's a waiting list, they're pre-sold- go for it). All of these things were factored in some ten years ago with the stadium renovation & drawings were in place. If they stick with the same architect (MSU grad), most of the groundwork is already in place. Eventually the plan is/was to replace the seating on the east side/student section, but since there's no immediate need that's probably the last priority at this time.

Long term plan ten years ago was for a stadium of 25-30,000 somewhere down the road (based on the design at that time).

Sell out seasons should cause the admin. to take a serious look at expansion, but the current AD is extremely poor about letting anyone know what's happening with Bobcat Athletics.

Appaholic
July 13th, 2007, 08:49 PM

That's awesome....congrats MSU!

Tod
July 13th, 2007, 11:41 PM
xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx

TxState_GO_CATS!
July 14th, 2007, 08:34 AM
great news considering all the craziness that's been happening lately. congrats BOBCATS!

Grizo406
July 14th, 2007, 01:08 PM
Props to all the Cat fans that did this!

Good Job!!xthumbsupx

DuckDuckGriz
July 14th, 2007, 02:01 PM
I'd like to think the additional sky suites will be ready next year (there's a waiting list, they're pre-sold- go for it). All of these things were factored in some ten years ago with the stadium renovation & drawings were in place. If they stick with the same architect (MSU grad), most of the groundwork is already in place. Eventually the plan is/was to replace the seating on the east side/student section, but since there's no immediate need that's probably the last priority at this time.

Long term plan ten years ago was for a stadium of 25-30,000 somewhere down the road (based on the design at that time).

Sell out seasons should cause the admin. to take a serious look at expansion, but the current AD is extremely poor about letting anyone know what's happening with Bobcat Athletics.

Seems like Cat fans really don't like Fields. Wouldn't it be cheaper over the long run to build a new stadium? I mean the structure of the student section etc is metal, it doesn't seem like a solid foundation to make all these additions onto over the years, and the renovation you did in `97, while very cool, was, if I remember correctly, more than the cost of the original stadium.

Tod
July 14th, 2007, 08:36 PM
Seems like Cat fans really don't like Fields. Wouldn't it be cheaper over the long run to build a new stadium? I mean the structure of the student section etc is metal, it doesn't seem like a solid foundation to make all these additions onto over the years, and the renovation you did in `97, while very cool, was, if I remember correctly, more than the cost of the original stadium.

Though I don't have the figures, I'm pretty sure some of our own renovations have been more expensive than the original cost of the stadium. It's a gut feeling. ;) Seriously, I thought the original stadium cost less than $2M bucks, and the NEZ expansion cost more.

Who has the figures?

Ronbo?

DuckDuckGriz
July 14th, 2007, 08:39 PM
Though I don't have the figures, I'm pretty sure some of our own renovations have been more expensive than the original cost of the stadium. It's a gut feeling. ;) Seriously, I thought the original stadium cost less than $2M bucks, and the NEZ expansion cost more.

Who has the figures?

Ronbo?

Well I wouldn't doubt it. How much did the athletic department have aside from DW's $1 million?

CopperCat
July 14th, 2007, 10:10 PM
Go over to your own stadium thread griz fans......:D (jk)

Nice work Cat fans!!! I couldn't believe what I read this morning in the paper. People are still excited about MSU football, and that is awesome news for everybody.