PDA

View Full Version : Former Citadel Bulldog Nemo Broughton making noise for Joe Gibbs

citdog
August 22nd, 2005, 10:52 AM
Citadel Man Neheimah Broughton looks to have beaten the odds and is in excellent shape to make the Washington Redskins. Nemo has shown excellent speed and an ability to catch the ball out of the backfield. Coach Gibbs says "Nemo has been a bright spot for us so far this preseason I give all the credit to RB's Coach Ernest Byner who went to The Citadel and came back here convinced that Nemo is someone who we wanted on our football team" Broughton has scored 2 td's in the first couple of preseason contests and with Clinton Portis hobbled by some nagging injuries will get more carries in the remaining games.

Coastal89
August 22nd, 2005, 11:01 AM
In the game that I saw, he was the only one that produced anything positive on offense for Washington,

Black and Gold Express
August 23rd, 2005, 11:02 AM
Skins have needed a short yardage back since they let Stephen Davis go. As soon as he was drafted, I knew he'd fit that bill and make the team in that regard, along with special teams. I was very happy they made that pick.