PDA

View Full Version : Hey Delaware fans!

McTailGator
July 12th, 2007, 08:43 PM
Hey Blue Hen fans. I'm as conservative as they get. In fact Bush is too damn liberal for me. BUT, I really like Biden, not that I'd vote for him, but you can see why if you watch this CSPAN video.

He gives my Cowboys a plug as he puts some heat on Tulane University's President.

That's why we didn't schedule them."

so said Scott Cowen, President of Tulane University, when Senator Joe Biden remarks that "McNeese can take you to the cleaners every once in a while".

CSPAN2 clip on the BCS hearings 10/29/2003

http://www.geauxcowboys.com/images/mcneesequote.wmv

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This link shows only a small clip of the October 29, 2003 Senate Judiciary BCS/NCAA Anti-Trust Regulations Hearing on The BCS vs Non BCS fight for inclusion.

I bet fans would be interested to know that McNeese Football program was brought up in the nations capital.

We should play this during every game on the big screen. Especially when recruits are in the house.

RadMann
July 14th, 2007, 10:47 PM
Biden is not my kind of politician in terms of his political views. He is also a very boring speaker (he almost had all of Delaware Stadium asleep when he gave the commencement address when I graduated). That being said, he is a big UD football fan and makes the rounds at UD games, or at least he used to when I was student... So, he's not all bad... lol

McTailGator
July 15th, 2007, 11:02 AM
Biden is not my kind of politician in terms of his political views. He is also a very boring speaker (he almost had all of Delaware Stadium asleep when he gave the commencement address when I graduated). That being said, he is a big UD football fan and makes the rounds at UD games, or at least he used to when I was student... So, he's not all bad... lol

Oh I don't think he's boring. I think he's pretty dynamic. But other than football, I totally disagree with what he and his party have to say and do.

BUT, I could hang out with the guy.

A McNeese Alumn attorney used that clip a couple days ago in a court room (while on a break) in front of a bunch of other attorney's. Probably a couple of Tulane grads in there too. LOL...

I bet he got a rise out of them. :)

DFW HOYA
July 15th, 2007, 04:09 PM
That being said, he is a big UD football fan and makes the rounds at UD games, or at least he used to when I was student... So, he's not all bad... lol

Football games are always fertile ground for politicians. Years ago, there was an article about the time Strom Thurmond showed up at a S.C. State football game around election time to shake hands with voters. Some older fans were more than surprised, owing to Thurmond's past, but that's politics.

OhioHen
July 16th, 2007, 10:53 AM
He is also a very boring speaker (he almost had all of Delaware Stadium asleep when he gave the commencement address when I graduated).

I also had a good nap during a Biden political campaign speech in disguise! Mine was 1986 -- same as you RadMann? The speaker for my wife's commencement the next year (Alex Haley) was much better.

OhioHen
July 16th, 2007, 10:54 AM
I also had a good nap during a Biden political campaign speech in disguise! Mine was 1986 -- same as you RadMann? The speaker for my wife's commencement the next year (Alex Haley) was much better.

Or was Biden so boring that I got the two reversed? Now I'm not sure!!!
xoopsx

YoUDeeMan
July 16th, 2007, 01:33 PM
Biden's run for President is a joke.

henfan
July 16th, 2007, 02:58 PM
Biden's run for President is a joke.

Yeah, he's a reader, who raises too many uncomfortable issues. The voting public demands a polished stooge to force feed them easy answers.

Back on topic, I suppose Biden remembers that the McCowboys can take an opponent to the cleaners, as evidenced by the Hens' painful '95 playoff defeat in Lake Charles.

Back off topic (sort of): I wonder how many other presidential candidates attended FCS schools?

th0m
July 16th, 2007, 07:06 PM
I think the Ivies have a few to start with ;)

The Moody1
July 17th, 2007, 08:07 AM

Since he is a proven plagiarizer you would think he could have stolen a decent speach to deliver.

henfan
July 17th, 2007, 11:30 AM
We all know that paraphrasing without giving proper credit, as Biden did back in the '80's, is an unforgiveable, damnable offense. In terms of importance, it almost raises to the level of taking a country to war under false pretenses... or scheduling McNeese when you intended to schedule LA-Monroe. xlolx

foghorn
July 17th, 2007, 11:45 AM
Don't most politicians have 'ghostwriters' anyway? Not a big Biden fan, but the plagiarizing is way overblown. Most of what is said in politics was said before. Who said: "... if you fool me once, shame on ..., fool me twice than ?????? :D Some have a hard time even getting plagiarism right.xsmiley_wix

McTailGator
July 17th, 2007, 01:54 PM
I wonder how many other presidential candidates attended FCS schools?

Are how many BECAME president.

Although they don't participate in the championship games, Yale and Harvard have each had several most recently Yale (Both Bush's), and Harvard (Clinton), and down south, Texas State (who does participate) was the school of choice for LBJ.

The Moody1
July 17th, 2007, 03:35 PM
We all know that paraphrasing without giving proper credit, as Biden did back in the '80's, is an unforgiveable, damnable offense. In terms of importance, it almost raises to the level of taking a country to war under false pretenses... or scheduling McNeese when you intended to schedule LA-Monroe. xlolx

His plagiarizing began in the 1960's. Once a cheat always a cheat.

" In 1965 Biden plagiarized while writing a paper as a student at the Syracuse University Law School in a legal methods course which he failed because of that copied paper."