PDA

View Full Version : Takes No Brains to work for ESPN

SoCon48
July 12th, 2007, 05:06 PM
Quote:
• You know how Appalachian State will go to Auburn and take a beating on an autumn Saturday for a paycheck? Lou Savarese, the new name in taking a beating for a living, lost to Evander Holyfield.

http://sports.espn.go.com/e...page=keown/070703

and email him here:
http://proxy.espn.go.com/es...ge=mailform/keown

This guy evidently did not know that the only time FCS App faced Auburn, they lost only in the last :58 seconds by a TD.
What a drip. All he has to do click on the internet to avoid making a fool of himself.

CopperCat
July 12th, 2007, 05:11 PM
The link to the article didn't work. Maybe post it again? I'd LOVE to give this guy a little rant.

sugrad04
July 12th, 2007, 05:38 PM
Quote:
• You know how Appalachian State will go to Auburn and take a beating on an autumn Saturday for a paycheck? Lou Savarese, the new name in taking a beating for a living, lost to Evander Holyfield.

http://sports.espn.go.com/e...page=keown/070703

and email him here:
http://proxy.espn.go.com/es...ge=mailform/keown

This guy evidently did not know that the only time FCS App faced Auburn, they lost only in the last :58 seconds by a TD.
What a drip. All he has to do click on the internet to avoid making a fool of himself.

Not to rain on your parade, but that Auburn team was one of the worst in the program's history. I know we should expect sports writers to have a better knowledge of a series history, but you really can't slam him too hard, because that Auburn team wasn't anywhere near the caliber of the squad they currently have.

katstrapper
July 12th, 2007, 05:39 PM
U only have to know two things to be employed at ESPN, New York Yankees and Boston Red Sox.

saccat
July 12th, 2007, 06:54 PM
This was prob. already posted but at the starting of The longest yard Adam Sandler said " You need a warm up game against some schlock team like App. State or another low level team to get your feet wet." I use to like Adam Sandler....USE TO

phillyAPP
July 12th, 2007, 07:09 PM
This was prob. already posted but at the starting of The longest yard Adam Sandler said " You need a warm up game against some schlock team like App. State or another low level team to get your feet wet." I use to like Adam Sandler....USE TO

Someone from APP worked on the film with Adam Sandler and got that in the movie. It was tongue and cheek from APP alumni.

appisgreatest
July 12th, 2007, 07:16 PM
Someone from APP worked on the film with Adam Sandler and got that in the movie. It was tongue and cheek from APP alumni.

Hmmm, some alumni showing pride in his school

chattanoogamocs
July 12th, 2007, 07:45 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/southern/2005-05-27-appalachian-state-sandler_x.htm

sugrad04
July 12th, 2007, 07:53 PM
U only have to know two things to be employed at ESPN, New York Yankees and Boston Red Sox.

cut them SOME slack- you also have to know USC, the Dallas Cowboys, Kobe Bryant, Terrell Owens and steroidsxboringx

chattanoogamocs
July 12th, 2007, 07:55 PM
...and poker :D

sugrad04
July 12th, 2007, 07:58 PM
...and poker :D
good lord- don't get me started on that. When ESPN jumped on that bandwagon,I lost all respect. I'm sorry- I just have no interest in watching a bunch of rednecks play cards silently for four hours.

james_lawfirm
July 12th, 2007, 08:24 PM

At least he pronounced the name correctly. From what I heard, the choreographer of the football game in "The Longest Yard" was a former App. State player - don't recall the name - & he insisted the name be correctly pronounced. I understood Mr. Sandler took 3 or 4 takes before he said App-a-latch-un; rather than App-a-laych-un.

At the beginning of the '06 season, ASU Chancellor Ken Peacock issued an open invitation to Mr. Sandler to sit with him during a game. I don't believe his invitation was accepted.

HiHiYikas
July 12th, 2007, 08:39 PM
Not to rain on your parade, but that Auburn team was one of the worst in the program's history. I know we should expect sports writers to have a better knowledge of a series history, but you really can't slam him too hard, because that Auburn team wasn't anywhere near the caliber of the squad they currently have.
Nor was that Appalachian team.

BigApp
July 12th, 2007, 10:34 PM

no, but it still was an SEC team and one that was better than everyone realizes. IIRC, they had 3-4 losses of less than 10 points to some very good teams.

UNHWildCats
July 12th, 2007, 11:10 PM
Ya'll are forgetting the most important thing u need to know to work at ESPN...how to sexually harass the ladies xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

HiHiYikas
July 12th, 2007, 11:30 PM
Ya'll are forgetting the most important thing u need to know to work at ESPN...how to sexually harass the ladies xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx
Of course, that still doesn't pan out for everybody who tries to work at ESPN...

http://www.chrisdiclerico.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2006/02/burgundy_espn.jpg

UNHWILDCATS05
July 13th, 2007, 06:47 AM

haha.. it was even worse than that wasn't it... I think he said they usually play some DII team to warm up with like App. State...

andy7171
July 13th, 2007, 07:09 AM
Would it have been better if he said NC State instead of Auburn?

phillyAPP
July 13th, 2007, 08:10 AM
Would it have been better if he said NC State instead of Auburn?

YES
xnodx

blueballs
July 13th, 2007, 09:36 AM

Actually three, you can't forget about Terrell Owens.xrolleyesx

WUTNDITWAA
July 13th, 2007, 09:42 AM
Actually three, you can't forget about Terrell Owens.xrolleyesx

And scream. You have to scream real loud.xcoachx

jessesd
July 13th, 2007, 09:45 AM
I just don't follow your point...
Only because this guy feels that Appy is willing to travel and get a beating by Auburn for a paycheck makes him brainless??????

Not to rain on your parade, I think that he is only telling what’s obvious!!!

Sorry, can’t agree with your opinion!!!!

Although, I believe to work at ESPN it helps if you know someone who works there ask Erin Andrews dad!!! (that’s one of the reasons why she got her job!!!)

The Moody1
July 13th, 2007, 12:01 PM
I just don't follow your point...
Only because this guy feels that Appy is willing to travel and get a beating by Auburn for a paycheck makes him brainless??????

Not to rain on your parade, I think that he is only telling what’s obvious!!!

Sorry, can’t agree with your opinion!!!!

Although, I believe to work at ESPN it helps if you know someone who works there ask Erin Andrews dad!!! (that’s one of the reasons why she got her job!!!)

I was at the game and Auburn barely escaped with the win. How is that taking a beating? The only thing obvious about his statement is that he did zero research.

The Moody1
July 13th, 2007, 12:05 PM
Also, I can think of at least two other reasons Erin Andrews got her job. Hubba, hubba.

Kosty
July 13th, 2007, 12:50 PM

And Barry Bonds.

And Tiger Woods.

And Notre Dame.

And Duke basketball.

:pumpuke: