PDA

View Full Version : FCS Preseason Special To Air This Saturday (Feb. 13, 2021)

Schism55
February 10th, 2021, 11:38 AM
https://twitter.com/FCS_STATS/status/1359551359213797377

ursus arctos horribilis
February 10th, 2021, 12:59 PM
In a collaborative effort, the NCAA's 13 Division I FCS Conferences will launch a preseason special “FCS All-In” on Saturday, Feb. 13. The show will air on Pluto TV Channel 752, a free streaming service. The show will air at 10 a.m. ET (9 a.m. CT/8 a.m. MT) with re-airs at 11 a.m. ET and 12 noon ET.

https://pluto.tv/where-to-watch

Each conference will have a three-minute segment in the 1-hour special, which will also feature national correspondents from HERO Sports and Stats Perform.

Notably, more than 90 of 114 playoff-eligible teams are planning to participate this spring, with the season culminating with a 16-team NCAA Division I Football Championship, beginning with first-round games the weekend of April 23-25.

North Dakota State, which has won a Missouri Valley Football Conference and FCS record 38-straight games, will be the preseason No. 1 ranked team of the spring. The Bison have won eight of the past nine national championships -- the last against James Madison on Jan. 11, 2020. The Dukes will also be a top contender this spring.

The 16-team playoff will culminate with the title game in Frisco, Texas, on Sunday, May 16, and all 15 games in the tournament will be carried on an ESPN network. Frisco is hosting the FCS Championship game for the 11th straight year, and the title game will be played there through at least 2025. The FCS Championship (then I-AA) started in 1978, as a four-team field, and it’s now in its 43rd year and will be played in the spring for the first time.

More than 200 former FCS players dotted NFL opening day rosters, and 18 former FCS players were represented on the rosters of this year's Super Bowl teams.

ursus arctos horribilis
February 10th, 2021, 01:02 PM
Oops, I just posted an email covering this same topic it would appear. I will combine them.

DFW HOYA
February 10th, 2021, 01:32 PM
Pluto TV will reach about as many mainstream college football fans as a UHF channel.

If the NCAA was serious about this subdivision, it would be on ESPN or Fox Sports 1. (Which it isn't, of course.)

Three minutes per conference? That speaks volumes, too.

GAD
February 13th, 2021, 11:26 AM
Well did anyone watch?

nodak651
February 13th, 2021, 11:51 AM
Well did anyone watch?

It was bad but there's no alternative so I enjoyed watching the whole thing. The swac did the best with their segment.

Schism55
February 13th, 2021, 01:24 PM
I watched, it was disjointed but ultimately ok. Bit with Craig Haley and Sam Herder was good. SoCon apparently didn't get the memo about what the segment should be...