PDA

View Full Version : Lehigh Scrimmage

ngineer
August 20th, 2005, 09:34 PM
Attended the scrimmage at Goodman today. Several starters were on the sideline, though none appeared to have serious injuries that should keep them out for any great length. The scrimmage was actually broken down into various segments--live placekicking, punt and kickoff, coming out from the 25, goalline situations, etc.
Some very promising youngsters got some exposure. Freshman kicker Leo of Souderton, PA showed a very strong leg. Made several 42 yard fg's with plenty of room to spare. In fact, his extra pts were close to landing on the plaza on top of the horseshoe--the only kicker who I've ever seen put balls up there was Scott Christie when William & Mary visited back in the 1980's. I think he will be pushing Musiek quite hard.
Borda looked very comfortable. The interesting observation was who played at #2 QB--Sedale Threatt. Extremely athletic and a strong arm. The option becomes another weapon when he's in there. He was followed by Marshall and Probst.
Rath looked very healthy and ran hard at TB. The wideouts showed their explosive potential. Couple long bombs that just missed Walker and Porter, but they, as well as Kovacs and Zeblium showed good moves and 'verticality' after the catch. The O line did a credible job giving the QB's sufficient time.
On D, Morgan is back in the middle at tackle with was a welcome sight. The unit performed well, with some spirited hitting.
Maggs and Morelli split time at TE and punter Josh Mann had a number of boomers, including a 60 yarder on 'coming out of the endzone' sequence. The scrimmage showed good energy and I left with a very positive feeling about the upcoming season. Will be interesting to see how things progress next Saturday night.

ChickenMan
August 20th, 2005, 10:43 PM
The interesting observation was who played at #2 QB--Sedale Threatt. Extremely athletic and a strong arm.

Sedale Threatt... he has to be the son of the ex NBA player... a 76er by the same name who played in the mid 80's.

Lehigh Football Nation
August 20th, 2005, 11:32 PM
Sedale Threatt... he has to be the son of the ex NBA player... a 76er by the same name who played in the mid 80's.

He is. He got into the Yale game last year as well for a couple of plays, and Lehigh fans are very high on him.

Wonder if Leo is one of the "pleasant surprises" alluded to by Lembo...

ngineer
August 21st, 2005, 11:20 AM

Yes, one in the same. Lembo was quoted in today's paper as to how he reminds him of Brant Hall of a few years ago.

ngineer
August 21st, 2005, 11:23 AM
He is. He got into the Yale game last year as well for a couple of plays, and Lehigh fans are very high on him.

Wonder if Leo is one of the "pleasant surprises" alluded to by Lembo...

I would seem to think so. He certainly surprised me. Another frosh that made an 'impression' was Van Ackeren from Bethlehlem Liberty. Played some in the secondary and really laid out a couple hits. The kid is not very big--165-170. WR from Jersey--name escapes me at the moment also had some nice catches. Andre Hall, soph, has great size for a wide out, and if he starts sharpening his routes he could become a force.