PDA

View Full Version : Its official...Norton QUITS

already123
July 8th, 2007, 11:03 PM
Its official, Norton throws the towel in at NAU after only one semester.......from a source in the NAU Athletics Dept.

Frenso St. transfer and Street & Smith's Newbie of the year for the BSC calls it quits (again)xsmhx .....NAU has apparently already replaced Norton with a transfer from SMU, Corey Slater ? I've never heard of this guy, his stats arent great...anyone kno about this guy?? xconfusedx

Does this set NAU back, loosing a quality back up (or potential starter depending on how camp went)??

McNeese75
July 8th, 2007, 11:06 PM
Its official, Norton throws the towel in at NAU after only one semester.......from a source in the NAU Athletics Dept.

Frenso St. transfer and Street & Smith's Newbie of the year for the BSC calls it quits (again)xsmhx .....NAU has apparently already replaced Norton with a transfer from SMU, Corey Slater ? I've never heard of this guy, his stats arent great...anyone kno about this guy?? xconfusedx

Does this set NAU back, loosing a quality back up (or potential starter depending on how camp went)??

xsmhx SMU QB transfers are fairly common but usually not a whole lot of help.

FCS Go!
July 8th, 2007, 11:11 PM
Its official, Norton throws the towel in at NAU after only one semester.......

Based on Norton's words and actions while at NAU this sounds like a plus for the Lumberjacks. Nobody needs a loudmouth ass who thinks he's the shazbot on their team. Bad for team chemistry and too much bulletin board material for opponents. Congratulations NAU!

CopperCat
July 8th, 2007, 11:23 PM
Based on Norton's words and actions while at NAU this sounds like a plus for the Lumberjacks. Nobody needs a loudmouth ass who thinks he's the shazbot on their team. Bad for team chemistry and too much bulletin board material for opponents. Congratulations NAU!

Amen my friend!

No skin off of NAU's back. This kid thought pretty highly of himself.

dbackjon
July 9th, 2007, 12:52 AM
I would like to hear the full story on this, but sounds like no big loss...

aggie6thman
July 9th, 2007, 02:06 AM
Nobody needs a "TO" in their locker room.

Fresno St. Alum
July 9th, 2007, 02:58 AM
Now the NAU fans know what a loser that guy is, just like Fresno St. knew he was

andy7171
July 9th, 2007, 07:14 AM
Nobody needs a "TO" in their locker room.

...well, except the Cowboys! xlolx xlolx xlolx

Here's to hoping he goes to the Giants after dismatling the 'girls locker room.

HAIL!

Eyes of Old Main
July 9th, 2007, 07:36 AM
No real shocker here.

FBS transfers always end up in one of three catagories: 1/3 are studs, 1/3 are overrated and never play, and 1/3 flame out like this guy. Sometimes I wonder why people even get so hyped up about getting these transfers.

Anyway, I don't see this as a negative for NAU. At least they no what they are working with before fall practice.

813Jag
July 9th, 2007, 07:52 AM
...well, except the Cowboys! xlolx xlolx xlolx

Here's to hoping he goes to the Giants after dismatling the 'girls locker room.

HAIL!
He won't dismantle any lockerroom in Dallas. xlolx
But on topic since he played in zero games this shouldn't be a big loss. He quit before practice started. Better to get him out of there now than for him to quit midseason.

already123
July 9th, 2007, 12:02 PM
I never knew he was so stuck up. Apparently he wasnt starting anyways, so I guess NAU isnt hurting too much. Kriesien will get the job done...

NAU is still a legit pick for a top 3 BSC finish...GO JACKS!!

BigApp
July 9th, 2007, 01:15 PM
good riddance!

PSUVikings
July 9th, 2007, 01:41 PM
Well, put NAU in the bottom half of the BSC this year. They need a great QB in that offense, without it........they are nothing.

already123
July 9th, 2007, 03:42 PM
well they have one in Kriesien....so, back in the top half! thanks!!

james_lawfirm
July 9th, 2007, 08:45 PM

Already:

Is this the gooberhead that said that Arizona ought to be scared of him (or some other similar bulletin board material) after the spring practice game? If so, NAU should count itself lucky he left now rather than mid-season.

I can't wait for the season to begin. Hope you all enjoy your trip to Boone mid-September.

already123
July 10th, 2007, 01:53 AM
It is....unfortunately. Despite what he may have said about AZ, the fact that he is a quitter (like we couldn't figure that out from Fresno...) says a lot about his personality. You can get away with that kind of mentality at other positions but definitely NOT at QB...this might turn out to be a blessing.

SoCon48
July 10th, 2007, 08:32 AM
I'm still lost here. When he transferred, he was a great find. Now that he's gone, he sukked.
Anyway, nobody needs an arrogant loudmouth malcontent.

slostang
July 10th, 2007, 09:40 AM
What are his options now that he has quit. If he transfers to another FCS team does he have to sit a year? Can he go to a DII team or NAIA team and play next season.

What a waste of talent.

GaSouthern
July 10th, 2007, 11:54 AM
No real shocker here.

FBS transfers always end up in one of three catagories: 1/3 are studs, 1/3 are overrated and never play, and 1/3 flame out like this guy.

GREAT QUOTE!

PSUVikings
July 10th, 2007, 01:51 PM
well they have one in Kriesien....so, back in the top half! thanks!!

Give me a break, only Norton had the ability to be another Murrieta, and even he couldn't lead you up to the top. NAU has a pathetic defense with an offense that has no leader. Sounds like 5th at best.

already123
July 10th, 2007, 04:25 PM
Give me a break, only Norton had the ability to be another Murrieta, and even he couldn't lead you up to the top. NAU has a pathetic defense with an offense that has no leader. Sounds like 5th at best.

You talk like Norton was the savior! Yet, he couldnt beat out this QB that you claim is worthless....

Logically speaking, that means that Kriesien is better than Norton. In which case would mean that NAU will be JUST FINE, if not better. Have a great day xthumbsupx

Peems
July 26th, 2007, 02:55 PM
You talk like Norton was the savior! Yet, he couldnt beat out this QB that you claim is worthless....

Logically speaking, that means that Kriesien is better than Norton. In which case would mean that NAU will be JUST FINE, if not better. Have a great day xthumbsupx

werent you the one who originally called norton the "next big thing?" i'm sure the NAU offense will be fine, but i think Norton would have at least helped.