PDA

View Full Version : UTC getting gold helmets for 2007?

catamount man
July 8th, 2007, 08:05 PM
I saw on another board, a UTC fan mentioning they are dumping the yellow and going to gold and dark blue. The Navy of the SoCon? Help us out here Moc fans.

GoldandBlack
July 8th, 2007, 08:13 PM
They like our helmets enough to copy us?

How flattering!

SU Jag
July 8th, 2007, 08:14 PM
I saw on another board, a UTC fan mentioning they are dumping the yellow and going to gold and dark blue. The Navy of the SoCon? Help us out here Moc fans.

Interesting.

chattanoogamocs
July 8th, 2007, 11:37 PM
Actually, Chattanooga's official colors have always been dark blue and old gold...we finally have an AD with real marketing experience that realizes what a great opportunity we have for a re-design...getting back to the original roots that will make all the UC (and this time when I say UC, I mean the old school folks) happy...most of us hate the "blue and yeller" that the colors have slowly evolved into over the years.

A picture of the new uniform was leaked temporarily...but the link quickly disappeared. I figured it would get yanked quickly, so I saved the photo, but was asked by the admin not to repost it (they want to have a big unveiling and I respect that).

But, I can describe it :) ...uniform will be an old gold jersey with dark blue trim, numbers, and "CHATTANOOGA" across the chest.

Pants are white with vertical dark blue stripe down the hem and gold stripes on both side of the blue.

They look very sharp...UC circa late 60's. I have been told the helmet won't be gold...it will be dark blue...and the "cowcatcher logo" will be replaced (also glad about that, it never did much for me)...though it will be kept as a secondary logo. Rumour is a big C in old gold.

In other "Chattanooga news"...they are currently replacing the scoreboards at Finley Stadium "the home Division I National Championship" :) ...the video board was new last year, this year they are replacing the part with the stats, scores, etc (from old light bulb type to red LED) and they will have a new sound system (apparently the speakers were blown during a high school game late last season, which is why they sounded sub par during the NC game)

chattanoogamocs
July 8th, 2007, 11:42 PM
Of course, the minute it is official...you know I will post the new uni's on here!

PaladinFan
July 8th, 2007, 11:43 PM
I've thought for years that UTC should try to be more "St. Louis Ram's" than "LA Rams." It just looks sharper.

Eyes of Old Main
July 9th, 2007, 07:38 AM
Congrats on the new look. I look forward to seeing it once unveiled.

atlGAmocs
July 9th, 2007, 01:06 PM
I like the changes except the helmet logo. I like the fact that UTC has a unique logo. A gold "C" will look just like the Chicago Bears or the Cincinnati Reds. I like the "cow catcher" graphic and I would like to see it stay.

OL FU
July 9th, 2007, 01:26 PM
Looking forward to seeing the changes. From the written descriptions, it sounds like an improvement.xnodx

chattanoogamocs
July 9th, 2007, 02:41 PM
I like the changes except the helmet logo. I like the fact that UTC has a unique logo. A gold "C" will look just like the Chicago Bears or the Cincinnati Reds. I like the "cow catcher" graphic and I would like to see it stay.

It won't be like the old UC "Cincy C"...the Reds won't allow it to be used...it is a different design.

(what I was told was that Cincy has the intellectual rights to that trademark...teams likes the Bears and college team or two are allowed to also use them because they have had them so long...grandfathered...if Chattanooga would have used to same logo continuously, they would still be allowed to use it, but since the discontinued it during the 60's, they lost their grandfather status)

GoldandBlack
July 9th, 2007, 05:07 PM
From the description, that'll be worth a trip to Chattanooga in November to see.

Well, yeah, the football game, too, I guess.xsmiley_wix

Zoo
July 9th, 2007, 11:30 PM
From the description, that'll be worth a trip to Chattanooga in November to see.

Well, yeah, the football game, too, I guess.xsmiley_wix

Chattanooga plays football? xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx

I never heard of them, they must not be a very competitive team at all. xlolx xlolx xlolx