View Full Version : MSU getting some minor yet needed upgrades

catbob
August 20th, 2005, 11:43 AM
"Thanks for your interest in our football program, and thanks to you and everyone at Bobcat Nation for your enthusiasm. We appreciate those that support our program untiringly, and know that our fans at Bobcat Nation are so excited about the upcoming season.

We appreciate your positive feelings toward the improvements we've implemented in the last few years, and welcome constructive input. We also appreciate our loyal, vociferous fans that are making Bobcat Stadium a tremendous place to spend a football Saturday. We have implemented for this fall, or are considering implementing in the future, several upgrades we feel fans will enjoy.

* We have hired a cheer advisor, and after a one-year absence our cheerleaders return as part of the spirit squad this fall, and with the University's Alumni Association we have purchased a new mascot uniform.

* We continue to improve Bobcat Stadium's game-day atmosphere, including providing play-by-play audio in our concessions areas, enhanced information scores and statistics over the public address, adding a clock to alert tailgaters the game is about to start, which may not be possible this fall, and streamlining the content of our public address announcements.

* Increased use of replays, as well as promotional and informational videos, on the big screen.

Our mindset in the past few years has been more evolution than revolution. We implement changes that fit our style, entertain our fans, and shed a positive light on our student-athletes. That process will continue. We have bands lined up for each home game near Bobcat Boulevard, and we continue to explore other tailgate-related activities.

We continue to work toward our long-term goal of seriously upgrading our facility, and toward that end we are in the early stages of a significant capital campaign. Many of the major issues on our fans' minds lie in this area, such as speaker, scoreboard and video upgrades in the stadium, and the possible addition of lights and new SkySuites.

Obviously, there are issues that will never be resolved. For instance, our fans will never completely agree on the music selection, and it's highly unlikely that we will sell beer inside our stadium. But we make positive changes every year, and we hope you continue to enjoy excitement of Bobcat Football."

I'm glad they realized that the no cheerleader policy was a horrendous failure. And now you guys can't pick on our mascot anymore! Well I can't say that for sure but I don't see how it could possibly be any worse.

DaGriz
August 20th, 2005, 12:39 PM
and it's highly unlikely that we will sell beer inside our stadium.

Does any school sell beer inside their stadiums? Isn't there some rule about selling liqour on campus? Think the fans get riled up during the Bobcat/Griz games, can you imagine if they sold beer during the game?

Hansel
August 20th, 2005, 12:41 PM
Northern Colorado does, also the DII school in ND does

rokamortis
August 20th, 2005, 01:33 PM
I know not many schools sell beer - but I would imagine they could make a lot of money from the sales as well as more people would attend.

GOKATS
August 20th, 2005, 02:20 PM
I think Portland St. sells beer in the stadium. UNR did when they were in the BSC and Northridge had a beer garden at the north end zone. You had to stay in the beer garden, but could watch the game from there.

DaGriz
August 21st, 2005, 11:21 AM
I think Portland St. sells beer in the stadium. UNR did when they were in the BSC and Northridge had a beer garden at the north end zone. You had to stay in the beer garden, but could watch the game from there.

I don't think Portland State's stadium is on campus. Same with Northridge. Not sure on UNR. I thought if the stadium was off campus it was okay and on campus not okay? Maybe I'm wrong.

grizzpaw
August 21st, 2005, 11:42 AM
psu sells beers into the start of the 3rd quarter(like 5 min into) then they stop selling.

GOKATS
August 21st, 2005, 12:39 PM
I don't think Portland State's stadium is on campus. Same with Northridge. Not sure on UNR. I thought if the stadium was off campus it was okay and on campus not okay? Maybe I'm wrong.

To the best of my knowledge their is no BSC rule. It is up to the administration of each school.