PDA

View Full Version : Jax State Tailgating - The Best BBQ, BeansNGreens & Other Things

Gamecocks99
August 20th, 2005, 10:21 AM
For our Furman guest on Sept. 1 The Jacksonville State Area has some on the Best BBQ for Tailgating in the South. I know that this has been discussed on JSU's forum. But, this is my opinion and I also work for a Greenville area company and they really enjoy Dad's BBQ every time they come to town.

DAD'S Boston Butts are slow hickory smoked for 24 hours with water to keep them moist. The have a crispy outside and are soft and very moist on the inside with a Tangy sauce. If you don't like Tangy bring your own sauce.

The Best part is that Dad's Boston Butts are 3 1/2 to 5 1/2 pounds each for $13.95 with Sauce. He wraps them in foil and will box them with other sides. When you get to your tailgating spot and unwrap your boston Butt it will have steam rising out of it. Ah, it is some kinda fine. His Bake Beans are to die for with large pieces of pull pork from the Boston Butts mixed in with the Baked beans. 1/2 gal Beans (feeds 10-15) = $7.25,
Qt Beans(feeds 5-7) = $5.00.

The Slaw is just as good. 1/2 gal slaw = $6.75,
Qt. Slaw = $4.00

If you call ahead and place your order they will also have you a
peach or apple cobbler warm and ready to go with your order for $13.50 .

Tailgating does not get any better or cheaper than this.

You can buy everything you need there from Dad's from Ice for your cooler, place settings, serving forks & spoons, iced tea by the gallon etc.

People can say what they want but Dad's BBQ is some kinda fine. I promise
this much if you do it once you will put it on your list to do it again.

DAD'S Bar-B-Q Is on Hwy. 21 about half way between where you will exit off Interstate 20 and the JSU field. They have a monster sign and you could hit their building with a rock from Hwy 21. Their building is in the parking lot of
K-Mart.

If you try it tell me what you think. In the past with other functions everyone has raved about their food.

Welcome to Jacksonville State University.
The Friendliest Campus in the South

I have a safe Trip.

12 days and counting.

AndrewFU21
August 20th, 2005, 10:53 AM
12 days and counting.

I can't wait, man. Wish I could be there, but now I'm looking for a sports bar around here that gets CSTV.

rokamortis
August 20th, 2005, 11:56 AM
Sounds great. I wish there was a place around that did that - I'd have my tailgating ready to go.