PDA

View Full Version : Former Bethune-Cookman, Florida Gator Player Found Dead In Car

UNHWildCats
July 5th, 2007, 06:48 PM
PORT ORANGE, Fla. (AP) -- Former Florida and Bethune-Cookman football player Avery Atkins was found dead in his car in the garage of his aunt's home Thursday in what police called a suspicious death.

The 20-year-old player could not be revived by paramedics, Port Orange police Sgt. Wayne Dorman said. Authorities would not release further details, and Dorman did not elaborate on why police consider this suspicious. An autopsy will be performed.

Atkins was a freshman cornerback on the 2005 Gators and was projected to start on the 2006 squad, the eventual national champion. He was released from his scholarship last summer by Florida coach Urban Meyer because of a domestic battery charge against him.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/ncaa/07/05/bc.fbc.playerdead.ap/index.html

jessesd
July 5th, 2007, 07:04 PM
I remember when he got kicked out of the team.... dumb ass!!!
He was a waste of schlarship

jessesd
July 5th, 2007, 07:45 PM
thug?

Looser and a member of the future criminals of America.
Its the one reason why he was not allowed back and why he killed himself.
sorry for his mother, but he was not good and had no future in life!

downbythebeach
July 5th, 2007, 10:24 PM
ouch

blueballs
July 6th, 2007, 07:32 AM
Apparently he had a problem with crack cocaine in the past, though they're not sure what the cause of death is at this point.

What a waste...

HIU 93
July 9th, 2007, 12:41 PM
I remember when he got kicked out of the team.... dumb ass!!!
He was a waste of schlarship

Wow. And people didn't want folks talking negative about Jerry Falwell- but this is okay. I sincerely hope no one you are close to ever has any difficulties in life.

BeauFoster
July 9th, 2007, 12:53 PM
Wow. And people didn't want folks talking negative about Jerry Falwell- but this is okay. I sincerely hope no one you are close to ever has any difficulties in life.

HIU - you are completely right. After the fuss and stink that everyone made in the Falwell thread, this crap gets started. Qualifying it by saying you feel sorry for his mother doesn't make it ok. Show a little respect and class in the future.