PDA

View Full Version : Lang Campbell Update

WMTribe90
August 19th, 2005, 12:52 PM
Lang is currently listed fifth on the Brown's QB depth chart, but there is actually good news. It appears 2nd yr QB Josh Harris is beating out D. Johnson for the back up spot to Dilfer. Johnson is currently listed as the fourth string QB behind 2nd Rnd rookie Frye. Lang hasn't seen much PT to date, but has impressed in the offseason and preseason practices. If Harris continues to perform well, they will likely cut the expensive Johnson and sign Campbell to the practice squad.

CB Billy Parker continues to be a long shot to make the Dolphins.

WR Dominique Thompson is fourth string at WR for St. Louis. I think he still has a shot to make the team as a special team's performer. He had two tackles in the preseason opener. He is an excellent open field tackler with 4.4 speed.

Darren Sharper is now wearing an ugly purple uniform for the Vikings.

Tribe4SF
August 19th, 2005, 01:19 PM
Lang is currently listed fifth on the Brown's QB depth chart, but there is actually good news. It appears 2nd yr QB Josh Harris is beating out D. Johnson for the back up spot to Dilfer. Johnson is currently listed as the fourth string QB behind 2nd Rnd rookie Frye. Lang hasn't seen much PT to date, but has impressed in the offseason and preseason practices. If Harris continues to perform well, they will likely cut the expensive Johnson and sign Campbell to the practice squad.

CB Billy Parker continues to be a long shot to make the Dolphins.

WR Dominique Thompson is fourth string at WR for St. Louis. I think he still has a shot to make the team as a special team's performer. He had two tackles in the preseason opener. He is an excellent open field tackler with 4.4 speed.

Darren Sharper is now wearing an ugly purple uniform for the Vikings.

I gather from the Browns messageboards that Johnson has not been well received in Cleveland. He was described as surly and disinterested. Except for the fumble, I gather Lang did ok in his two series against the Giants.

By the way, 90, I'll be watching the Tribes first full scrimmage tomorrow and will get you a report.