PDA

View Full Version : All Conferences Have Weighed In on Spring 2021...Except One

DFW HOYA
December 3rd, 2020, 07:00 PM
With the NEC committing to a spring 2021 schedule, every I-AA/FCS conference has either committed up or down on the spring, with one obvious exception: the Patriot League.

Note to the PL league offices: when the Pioneer Football League is ahead of you on this, that's a problem. Either there's a season or there's not--the details on games and non-conference can follow, but it's already December and there's still nothing.

ngineer
December 7th, 2020, 08:24 PM
With the NEC committing to a spring 2021 schedule, every I-AA/FCS conference has either committed up or down on the spring, with one obvious exception: the Patriot League.

Note to the PL league offices: when the Pioneer Football League is ahead of you on this, that's a problem. Either there's a season or there's not--the details on games and non-conference can follow, but it's already December and there's still nothing.

Not all that important at this point. Practice wouldn't even start until February if there is a season, with games in March and April. I think the presidents are waiting to see the 'numbers'--both the rise or fall of COVID as well as how much the balance sheets have been hurt and whether the cost associated with playing in the Spring make sense. The PL has said they tentatively were planning on a Spring schedule within the League with the last league game on 4/17.