PDA

View Full Version : Playoff records by conference 2010+

Schism55
November 23rd, 2020, 11:13 AM
https://twitter.com/SamHerderFCS/status/1330918959252721665

Redbird 4th & short
November 24th, 2020, 06:00 AM
Hey ... this Same Herder guy stole my analysis !!!

Except he doesn't show the true net side by side of conference's playoff records in 2010-19 excluding their respective top teams and their conference head-to-head games. Basically, MVFC is around .650 win % (excl NDSU results and conf head-to-heads), Colonial is around .500 (excl JMU and/or UNH), and then everyone else including Big Sky (EWU), Southland (SHSU), and everyone else is much lower around .350 or much worse.

But the perception that taking away NDSU, makes the MVFC no better than any other conference is very wishful thinking ... it still aint close during 2010-19. Granted, the Big Sky has done much better the last 3 years.

I'll have to dig this up some time.

DFW HOYA
November 24th, 2020, 01:40 PM
The Patriot League has been a single bid conference in eight of the past 10 seasons. Tell your kids a PL team was in the 2003 finals and they'd never believe you.

OhioHen
November 24th, 2020, 07:11 PM
The Patriot League has been a single bid conference in eight of the past 10 seasons. Tell your kids a PL team was in the 2003 finals and they'd never believe you.

Tell them the PL team in the finals was the losing side in the only shutout in championship history and they might.

KPSUL
November 24th, 2020, 07:18 PM
This thread comes around every six month or so over the past several years, and the answer is still the same, the MVFC has been the dominate conference in FCS football in recent years. It makes no sense to drop the top one or two teams from the total wins from a conference. In both the CAA and MVFC the top team has beaten a conference rival in the playoffs numerous times - these are teams who very well may have defeated non-conference opponents if they didn't have to face a powerful same conference opponent in an early round. Also, regular season conferences losses to a NDSU or JMU has prevented conference teams from even making the playoffs.

caribbeanhen
November 24th, 2020, 07:22 PM
Hey ... this Same Herder guy stole my analysis !!!

Except he doesn't show the true net side by side of conference's playoff records in 2010-19 excluding their respective top teams and their conference head-to-head games. Basically, MVFC is around .650 win % (excl NDSU results and conf head-to-heads), Colonial is around .500 (excl JMU and/or UNH), and then everyone else including Big Sky (EWU), Southland (SHSU), and everyone else is much lower around .350 or much worse.

But the perception that taking away NDSU, makes the MVFC no better than any other conference is very wishful thinking ... it still aint close during 2010-19. Granted, the Big Sky has done much better the last 3 years.

I'll have to dig this up some time.

he might of stole yours but this is all mine.... this the the MVFC right here baby

https://www.napolike.it/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Paul-McCartney-Wings-Rockshow-1280x720.jpg

Hammerhead
November 25th, 2020, 11:12 PM
It sucks that we can’t be complaining about the playoff bracket this week. I’m getting less confident about a spring championship.

NY Crusader 2010
November 26th, 2020, 06:16 AM
It sucks that we can’t be complaining about the playoff bracket this week. I’m getting less confident about a spring championship.

It's so weird to think that regular season college football would be OVER already. It was a really warm fall in the Northeast, weather would have been great for football.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 26th, 2020, 08:35 AM
If no fans are allowed at games, I highly doubt many FCS teams will even play in the spring.

Bisonoline
November 26th, 2020, 03:06 PM
If no fans are allowed at games, I highly doubt many FCS teams will even play in the spring.

The spring season is a joke IMO. Nothing more than glorified spring ball. It was also a way for schools to hold on to money that had already been donated for the 2020 season.

Redbird 4th & short
November 26th, 2020, 03:37 PM
he might of stole yours but this is all mine.... this the the MVFC right here baby

https://www.napolike.it/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Paul-McCartney-Wings-Rockshow-1280x720.jpg

well played, sir !!

But I think it was agreed below better reflects the MVFC, sans Bison

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-gjBdyGw-DVE/Wfdkt-SZHOI/AAAAAAAAMe0/juhfPaeVKlsYMMvKOS2x3uI_VXptxRK8QCLcBGAs/s320/cover600.jpg