PDA

View Full Version : Lehigh sells out allotment for Delaware Game

Lehigh Football Nation
August 18th, 2005, 11:57 PM
Link (http://www.lehighsports.com/release.asp?RELEASE_ID=4060)

Lehigh sells out of its ticket allotment for Delaware game

BETHLEHEM, Pa. – Lehigh Athletics has announced that it has sold out of its allotment of tickets for the September 10 game at the University of Delaware. An extremely limited number of tickets for end zone seats remain for that contest. Those tickets are priced at $13.

End zone seats may be purchased for the Lehigh-Delaware game only by visiting ticketmaster.com or by calling TicketMaster at (302) 984-2000.

Tickets for any Lehigh home game can be purchased via the link above anytime, or by calling (610) 7LU-GAME or visiting the Lehigh ticket office in Grace Hall during normal business hours.

Oh baby. Sept 10th is going to be rocking at the Tub.

Engineer91
August 19th, 2005, 05:37 AM

Would have been nice to know that there was a Lehigh allotment! They always tell me that they don't get tickets for away games other than Lafayette. Of course this year they didn't want to sell me season tickets either. I wish Lehigh could fix their ticket office, year after year are the same problems. Tickets arrive after the first event of the year, Lafayette tickets barely make it in time for the game, they don't include the ordered and paid for media guide, and you never get on the coaches email list when you buy season tickets as they advertise.

BTW, Colgate has one of the most friendly and useful ticket offices that I have come across.

bluehenbillk
August 19th, 2005, 06:52 AM
Between what the News Journal reports this morning & KC Keeler said last night on his show there are 350-500 tickets left.

I wonder how many tickets could have been sold for this game, until then I stand by my signature.

colgate13
August 19th, 2005, 07:09 AM
BTW, Colgate has one of the most friendly and useful ticket offices that I have come across.

That's because the same little old lady had been in that ticket office for something like 25+ years! She just retired though, so hopefully we can keep up to your expectations! (it also doesn't hurt that pretty much the only contest that will ever sell out is ice hockey, so you can always get tickets)

89Hen
August 19th, 2005, 10:57 AM
I was on Ticketmaster two days ago and could have gotten some actually good seats. The ticket office must have released some of the tix they were holding back for possible season ticket purchases. Maybe they're gone.

Just checked. You could get Section J, Row OO. Although high (next to last row), they are really good seats for viewing.

ngineer
August 19th, 2005, 10:08 PM
Would have been nice to know that there was a Lehigh allotment! They always tell me that they don't get tickets for away games other than Lafayette. Of course this year they didn't want to sell me season tickets either. I wish Lehigh could fix their ticket office, year after year are the same problems. Tickets arrive after the first event of the year, Lafayette tickets barely make it in time for the game, they don't include the ordered and paid for media guide, and you never get on the coaches email list when you buy season tickets as they advertise.

Contact Jeff Tourial at the office. I got my season tickets but the media guide was missing--called and received it today. I think with the turnover in the office this summer their organization got sidetracked. I'm curious about your statement that they 'didn't want to sell you season tickets'??? Also, I ordered my Delaware tickets with my season ticket app. and received them with the package.

ngineer
August 19th, 2005, 10:11 PM
I was on Ticketmaster two days ago and could have gotten some actually good seats. The ticket office must have released some of the tix they were holding back for possible season ticket purchases. Maybe they're gone.

Just checked. You could get Section J, Row OO. Although high (next to last row), they are really good seats for viewing.

Got my tickets the other week. Tell me how good they are: Sect. M Row C
Thanks. Gettin' reved already!

ngineer
August 19th, 2005, 10:13 PM

What was our allotment, anyway? Game is being televised on WLVT, Channel 69 in the Lehigh Valley.

kardplayer
August 19th, 2005, 10:36 PM
I got my tickets weeks ago. Ticket office has always been very very good to me...

Engineer91
August 19th, 2005, 10:45 PM
Contact Jeff Tourial at the office. I got my season tickets but the media guide was missing--called and received it today. I think with the turnover in the office this summer their organization got sidetracked. I'm curious about your statement that they 'didn't want to sell you season tickets'??? Also, I ordered my Delaware tickets with my season ticket app. and received them with the package.

Annually I used to recieve a football ticket brochure in the mail (actually, I usually got between 2 and 4 of them at the same time since my wife is an alumnus and we also had graduate degrees). I have purchased season tickets for several seasons. Now I no longer recieve the ticket brochure. I rarely used all the tickets and just considered it a donation. Now I will just buy them walk up when I do come for games.

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 19th, 2005, 11:11 PM
I'll be at the game, don't know where our seats are but we've been treated fairly well in the past. We had good seats at the Tub in '99, boy i hope to see a re-peat of that game this year and also the blowout loss in the '00 playoffs. The night game atmopshere will add to what will already be racous crowd. There will not be a game in 1-AA that week that will come close to the intensity that will be in Newark. The playoff game in '00 Lehigh traveled the most visitor fans that any school snuck in according to many UD fans. Have to wait til Sept 3 to see what Lehigh will have to work with. Monmouth is a respectable opponent that many won't give proper respect for. It'll be a good opening game for LU in prep for UD.

ngineer
August 19th, 2005, 11:17 PM
Yes, Monmouth cannot be overlooked. They do have some very good athletes and they will certainly be 'up' for the game a means to make a statement about how far their program has progressed. It should be a good game as a prelim to Delaware since we should win, but will be good to see the players being tested, as opposed to a blowout that doesn't give you a chance to really evaluate where you stand as a team.

ChickenMan
August 20th, 2005, 06:58 AM
Got my tickets the other week. Tell me how good they are: Sect. M Row C
Thanks. Gettin' reved already!

http://www.udel.edu/sportsinfo/tickets/images/StadiumStgChart1.gif

The location... section 'M' is fine... on the visitor's side between the 10 and 25 yrd lines... but row 'C' is pretty low and the first few rows in the 'Tub' sometimes have problems with fans obstructing their view as they head to their seats...restrooms or the refreshment stands. Hopefully row 'C' will be high enough to avoid that problem.

ngineer
August 20th, 2005, 09:33 AM
Thanks! Yeah, I'd prefer to be up higher, but I'll hve my parents with me, and they'll like not having to climb to the upper reaches, where I sat back in 2000 for the playoffs.