PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Revenge Games

LarryBoy
June 28th, 2007, 09:15 AM
Not that I am advocating vengeance or anything....

What "revenge game" are you looking forward to most this year for your team? (App fans, I guess you're just spectators on this one)

If I had to choose between Furman's regular-season losses, I would go with Coastal over App. We can lose to App again (just not by 33 points) and still maintain dignity. Coastal--though they are a rapidly improving program--is a demon that must be exorcised immediately. Ever since the whole "2006 State Champions" thing (we've hosed all of the South Carolina FCS teams dozens of seasons before and never made such a claim), someone's needed to knock them off that high horse. Don't take it personally, Chants--I like you most of the time.

However, there is a Firehouse Subs across from your campus...it has this mural...the fancy chickens in fire suits are using their hoses to push Furman, Elon, App, and Clemson(?) players into a fire. Murderous little chickens, aren't we?

Jag4Life
June 28th, 2007, 09:16 AM
Everybody who beat us but mainly UAPB and JSU!!!

BisonBabe
June 28th, 2007, 09:21 AM
Ours would be more of a game of vindication. We lost a game we won on paper to the Minnesota Gophers so that is the one I most want to see us win this year.

bandl
June 28th, 2007, 09:22 AM
JMU against Villanova at home, September 29th I believe. xmadx Last year they beat us in our 2nd to last game of the year 21-20, dropping our record to 8-2 (JMU ended the season at 9-2 after absolutely throttling Towson in the season ender). We would have gone into the postseason at 10-1 and a possible seed, only loss being to App State. :o At the very least, we wouldn't have had to travel to Youngstown State and might have had at least one home game! xmadx

andy7171
June 28th, 2007, 09:29 AM
I guess the only game Toqwson could consider a revenge game would be against W&M. There is no real reason why we lost that game. The other losses to UMass, Maine and JMU we got the S beat out of us.

I HAVE to believe we are close to the top of the Blue Hens revenge list.

g-webb1994
June 28th, 2007, 09:31 AM
We've lost to Charleston Southern two straight seasons, so that would be priority one. Whipping some Buc ass on homecoming this fall will be sweet.:)

We've lost to Coastal three straight seasons, but play them on the road, so breaking that will prove more difficult.

bjtheflamesfan
June 28th, 2007, 09:31 AM
For me two games come to mind on our schedule this year:

09/15 @ William and Mary- Last time we played at the "Zable Stable", we lost 56-0 (on the way to a 1-10 season), and then last year we lost 14-13 so I would like nothing more than to finally knock the Tribe off

11/03 vs. Coastal Carolina- 2 years ago we took the Chants to TRIPLE OVERTIME (before losing) and last year we missed a game winning field goal down in Myrtle Beach. This year I want to see the Flames finally get over the hump.

El_Cid_99
June 28th, 2007, 09:43 AM
I don't know about other Citadel fans, but realizing that we haven't beaten Wofford in almost a decade just really gets under my skin.

The worst part for me is the nonchalant attitude from so many Wofford grads in the Charleston area, who couldn't even name their head coach, much less know anything about the team. And these are guys who have graduated in the last 5 to 10 years.

Ran into a Woffy grad on Monday night. I told him how I was looking forward to getting the Terriers at home this year, and he says, "Yeah, didn't we beat yall a couple of years ago or something?" And he was being completely serious.xsmhx

Sorry for the rant. Long story short, Wofford has been my "revenge" game for the last eight years.

813Jag
June 28th, 2007, 10:02 AM
You missed the main one PVU. xnonono2x And AAMU cause it's homecoming and they beat us the last year they came to Mumford.

FlyYtown
June 28th, 2007, 10:24 AM
YSU @ UNI.
Had we won that game we would've been 10-1 on the year and maybe, just maybe had gotten the #2 seed in the Playoffs, which would've allowed us to play at home in the 3rd round instead of @ Appy. We are 15-1 at home in the playoffs; winning 15 in a row.

GeeWiz
June 28th, 2007, 10:35 AM
The Oct. 6th home game vs. James Madison.

JMU is very good ... but not 52-14 better than NU. xnonono2x

skinny_uncle
June 28th, 2007, 10:51 AM
A rematch with Northern Illinois. SIU lost a squeaker there a couple of years ago on a dropped pass in the end zone with time expiring. Huskie fans are already counting this one as a win. Hoosier fans made that mistake last year.
:D

PapaBear
June 28th, 2007, 11:05 AM
We owe URI one for that friggin monsoon debacle.

Wouldn't break my heart to exact some revenge on UMass and UNH, either. Two close losses in games that could have sent us to the playoffs.

We beat all the southern div schools last year ( xnodx ), so I suspect they're penciling us in on their revenge lists as we speak.

Ivytalk
June 28th, 2007, 11:09 AM
Princeton, Penn and Yale. We managed to lose to all three last year.xbawlingx

aggie6thman
June 28th, 2007, 11:14 AM
North Dakota State and Cal Poly.

PSUVikings
June 28th, 2007, 11:19 AM
Montana State

mcveyrl
June 28th, 2007, 11:22 AM
I'm going to add CCU to our list. They embarrassed us coming off the National Championship. I want to beat them so bad...

RabidRabbit
June 28th, 2007, 11:31 AM
North Dakota State and Cal Poly.

What? xeekx xeekx No Bunnies Revenge after the last two years? xoopsx

JMU2K_DukeDawg
June 28th, 2007, 11:33 AM
I'm going to add CCU to our list. They embarrassed us coming off the National Championship. I want to beat them so bad...

Hells Yeah! Furman - at least you get to go right after them this year. We have had to wait an extra year to exact our revenge on the beach chickens. I think 90% of JMU fans I know are looking forward to that game perhaps more than any other.

Just a warning CCU - the obnoxious fans and students you are likely to encounter at Bridgeforth Stadium on Spet. 22 is simply a sign of respect! xpeacex

Last year Villanova was a fluke. I mean, how many things can go wrong in one game? Yes, Villanova beat us fair and square, but we all have those days where everything that could go wrong does go wrong. What was truly telling about that game was the final drive against us - foreshadowing of things to come in Youngstown, OH. :o xsmhx

Here's to hoping for a YSU rematch in the playoffs again! xthumbsupx

Also, in 2008 we get a shot at home vs. App St. Hopefully we'll continue to play well over the next two years and be ready for the Mountaineers!

X-Factor
June 28th, 2007, 11:37 AM
What? xeekx xeekx No Bunnies Revenge after the last two years? xoopsx

I was going to say that as well. SDSU definately has their number recently for 2nd half comebacks. I think it is more along the lines of SDSU still getting revenge for being goosed in '04 by UCD. xthumbsupx

BearsCountry
June 28th, 2007, 11:45 AM
Indiana State for the Bears.

RabidRabbit
June 28th, 2007, 11:46 AM
FOR the Jacks, I'd like to see Ga Southern and Tx St with L's after their games.

2005, only really blown out game was TX St.

2004, Ga. Southern REALLY showed the difference between a top I-AA (then) team, and a new transitional team. xbawlingx

Of course, a win over the BISON, is always reason to celebratexhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx

already123
June 28th, 2007, 11:52 AM
I would have to say MSU and PSU for the Lumberjacks...More MSU tho. The last couple years they have stolen a win from us

Damn Cats....xnonono2x

JoshUCA
June 28th, 2007, 11:55 AM
For UCA it is:
9/15 vs. UT-Martin...we last played them in 2005 and we lost 34-35!
11/3 vs. South Dakota State...we played them last year at their house and lost 27-10

It is nice to have both of our "revenge" games at home!

bluehenbillk
June 28th, 2007, 12:05 PM
Nova, Towson & JMU for UD.

Kill'em
June 28th, 2007, 12:05 PM
Let's see, revenge games. How about Chattanooga, App St, The Citadel, Wofford, Furman? Unfortunately, these games will be tough. No movie-theme games here.

CID1990
June 28th, 2007, 12:12 PM
Charleston Southern. We are going to pillage and burn their villages, ravish their women and eat their babies.

SU Jag
June 28th, 2007, 12:12 PM

And Alabama A&M

Jag4Life
June 28th, 2007, 12:23 PM
You missed the main one PVU. xnonono2x And AAMU cause it's homecoming and they beat us the last year they came to Mumford.

Oh yeah. That azz is grass when they come to Mumford.

No_Skill
June 28th, 2007, 12:30 PM
That, of course, would be the only loss from last season.

License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man, free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case my enemy is a varmint. And a varmint will never quit - ever. They're like the Viet Cong - Varmint Cong. So you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower. And that's all she wrote.

xasswhipx xanim_chaix xflamemadx http://movies.infinitecoolness.com/23/caddyshack12.jpg xflamemadx xanim_chaix xasswhipx

SuperJon
June 28th, 2007, 12:44 PM
I don't consider Coastal a revenge game. Yea, it sucked, but they were the better team.

W&M and G-W are revenge games. We were better than both teams and simply gave the games away. They're both on the road this year so it'll be even sweeter.

Golden Eagle
June 28th, 2007, 12:54 PM
Not exactly a "revenge game" persay, but I'd guess every OVC team will be wanting to beat Samford on their way out.

Tilldog40
June 28th, 2007, 01:01 PM
I know UNH and UD want a piece of NU bad. We need to beat Umass this year.

Kill'em
June 28th, 2007, 01:02 PM
FOR the Jacks, I'd like to see Ga Southern and Tx St with L's after their games.

2004, Ga. Southern REALLY showed the difference between a top I-AA (then) team, and a new transitional team. xbawlingx

Of course, a win over the BISON, is always reason to celebratexhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx

Careful about those words, my friend. One bad season/coach does NOT put us in the bottom 1/4 of the FCS. The Jackrabbits will find out that Georgia Southern is still one of the premier teams in the FCS.

Mountain Panther
June 28th, 2007, 01:22 PM
Western Illinois

AggieFinn
June 28th, 2007, 02:44 PM
Jacks and Bison. Jacks especially, beating us two years in a row now by the closest of margins.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
June 28th, 2007, 02:45 PM
I know UNH and UD want a piece of NU bad. We need to beat Umass this year.

I would appreciate you winning all those games! xthumbsupx xsmiley_wix

colgate13
June 28th, 2007, 02:53 PM
Pretty much our entire schedule. I want to start new win streaks against Lafayette and Cornell, we are due against Lehigh and I'd love to keep UMass winless in Hamilton... oh, and how about we beat an NEC team this year, hmmm???

Big year for Colgate. We need to prove last year was a bump, and not a new direction.

zilla
June 28th, 2007, 02:57 PM
We don't play App or Elon, so I guess I'll say Georgia Southern.

McNeese72
June 28th, 2007, 03:03 PM
For McNeese, first, it would be against USL.....uh......ULL......Uh....U of Whatever the Hell they call themselves now a days.

Second, Texas St.

Doc

BDKJMU
June 28th, 2007, 03:12 PM
The Oct. 6th home game vs. James Madison.

JMU is very good ... but not 52-14 better than NU. xnonono2x

Agreed. And it was 52-0 till 2nd half 4th quarter. xthumbsupx

Killtoppers90
June 28th, 2007, 03:27 PM
Even though we are not FCS anymore I think we owe EKU a little something!

already123
June 28th, 2007, 03:53 PM
Yea.....MSU is gonna get it this year!

LEHIGH61
June 28th, 2007, 04:31 PM
For Lehigh, it's Princeton, Harvard ,Yale, and LAFAYETTE!!!!!!!!!

Bearkatpresident
June 28th, 2007, 04:33 PM
- San Marcos, without a doubt.

Last year they played spoiler to what would have been a SHSU/McN co-championship with the Cowboys advancing. (We lost to McN too, but I don't consider that a vengence game)

To say I'm looking foward to to seeing extracting revenge in their own house is putting it mildly....but that's more for the smack thread.

bison95
June 28th, 2007, 04:37 PM

you need a more regular reason to celebratexwhistlex

MountainMan
June 28th, 2007, 06:03 PM

What "revenge game" are you looking forward to most this year for your team? (App fans, I guess you're just spectators on this one)

If I had to choose between Furman's regular-season losses, I would go with Coastal over App. We can lose to App again (just not by 33 points) and still maintain dignity. Coastal--though they are a rapidly improving program--is a demon that must be exorcised immediately. Ever since the whole "2006 State Champions" thing (we've hosed all of the South Carolina FCS teams dozens of seasons before and never made such a claim), someone's needed to knock them off that high horse. Don't take it personally, Chants--I like you most of the time.

However, there is a Firehouse Subs across from your campus...it has this mural...the fancy chickens in fire suits are using their hoses to push Furman, Elon, App, and Clemson(?) players into a fire. Murderous little chickens, aren't we?

I guess for App the only thing close to a revenge game would be to beat Furman in Greenville since that is the only I-AA game we lost the past two seasons. Even that is a stretch for a "revenge game."

aggie6thman
June 28th, 2007, 06:19 PM
You might as well add all the teams we lost to last year on that list. The last two SDSU games have driven me up a wall, but that 52-0 victory was my first UCD football game, so I will never forget it!

The Gadfly
June 28th, 2007, 06:46 PM
D@mn. We haven't really lost many games so I have to go with the BFE University Eagles when they visit Hooters Stadium to feel the rath of the Thunderin' Beach Chickens. xnodx

slostang
June 28th, 2007, 07:00 PM
South Dakota State and North Dakota state.

South Dakota State for breaking my heart by coming back from being down 28-6 in the fourth quarter to win 29-28.

North Dokota State for taking the Mustangs behind the wood shed in Fargo last year.

McNeese75
June 28th, 2007, 08:50 PM
For McNeese, first, it would be against USL.....uh......ULL......Uh....U of Whatever the Hell they call themselves now a days.

Second, Texas St.

Doc

I think we could add PSU in there after the 2004 game xnodx

catbob
June 28th, 2007, 09:07 PM
Obvious choice would be the Griz, but I'm much more upset about the loss to ASU than to UM. It sucks when the Griz end your season, but in this case we still made the playoffs, hosted a home game for the first time in 22 years, and won it to boot. That loss to the Griz faded away very quickly. However that loss in Boone and the following quarrels with the fans stuck with me.

So, you're going down mountain boys.

TxState_GO_CATS!
June 28th, 2007, 09:17 PM
Nicholls St. and SFA.

I would put SHSU, but we beat them. Should be a good game though.

Kill'em
June 28th, 2007, 11:03 PM
D@mn. We haven't really lost many games so I have to go with the BFE University Eagles when they visit Hooters Stadium to feel the rath of the Thunderin' Beach Chickens. xnodx

That is funny.

VT Wildcat Fan53
June 28th, 2007, 11:07 PM
Gee, let me think for a nano second.... How about UMASS x 2?

HensRock
June 28th, 2007, 11:14 PM
Nova, Towson & JMU for UD.

We owe Navy one as well!
xthumbsupx

CopperCat
June 28th, 2007, 11:21 PM
Obvious choice would be the Griz, but I'm much more upset about the loss to ASU than to UM. It sucks when the Griz end your season, but in this case we still made the playoffs, hosted a home game for the first time in 22 years, and won it to boot. That loss to the Griz faded away very quickly. However that loss in Boone and the following quarrels with the fans stuck with me.

Ditto CB. FCS enemy #1.

EWU is also going to get pasted, lambasted, pulverized, and thin-sliced in Cheney. I was dumbfounded after that game, because I knew that we were better than what the scoreboard said.

Lionsrking
June 29th, 2007, 12:07 AM
When you're coming off a 2-9 season, they all seem to be revenge games, but if forced to pick one, I'd have to say Nicholls State. Not only are they our biggest rival, but we were hosed out of win last year in Thibodaux by the officials.

Grizalltheway
June 29th, 2007, 03:19 AM
Well, since we only lost to one FCS opponent last year xrotatehx , I'd have to go with UMass. Nobody comes in to Wa-Griz in December and steals a victory, nobody! xanim_chaix xanim_chaix

GreenDay17
June 29th, 2007, 07:31 AM
I think we could add PSU in there after the 2004 game xnodx

Yeah, that was 2 "not very good teams" battling it out in a pillow fight.;)

That safety of yours (#18) was the real deal though. What ever happened to him?

Bobcat in NC
June 29th, 2007, 08:09 AM
Yea.....MSU is gonna get it this year!

xlolx

For MSU, it's a tough call. Always want revenge following a Griz loss, but that EWU loss really sticks in the belly. I'll just make it easy and say both.

UNH SUPERFAN
June 29th, 2007, 08:11 AM
I'm sure revenge will be on the minds of the WILDCATS when they take on JMU in our opener after last years "Debacle in Durham".

UncleSam
June 29th, 2007, 10:02 AM
Well, since we only lost to one FCS opponent last year xrotatehx , I'd have to go with UMass. Nobody comes in to Wa-Griz in December and steals a victory, nobody! xanim_chaix xanim_chaix

Except for a couple of A10/CAA schools, like UMass & Delaware. ;)

AppStateold299
June 29th, 2007, 10:06 AM

Since we don't have a revenge game by winning all of our fcs games last year and almost the year before that I would have to choose either UM or MSU for a playoff hopeful matchup. I hope to get either of these to loud mouth groups coming to the rock. They stick with you by talking a big game and not backing it up with play on the field. I can't wait to face them hopefully.

T-Dog
June 29th, 2007, 10:06 AM
And to throw in another strecth, Lenoir-Rhyne. Even though they are D-2, most of the almuni pre-80's have some ill-will toward them as they are only 45 minutes from Boone and we use to be in the same conference pre-FCS. I've hears stories of that time period of mascot stealing (ask any WCU poster about the bear-napping), shenanigans, blow-outs, etc. L-R had our number for a while and when we started to turn it on them, our programs went in different directions and we stopped playing them.

That day some of the elders will be cheering louder than the students.

But besides that and Furman to a degree, revenge will be on the menu for the other sideline minus Michigan. Even NAU will have revenge in mind for the Big Sky as we took care of the Bobkitties and beat the team that beat Montana (UMass).

Bring it on.

Eaglesrus
June 29th, 2007, 11:12 AM
D@mn. We haven't really lost many games xnodx

I'm really looking forward to us helping you increase that number, whatever it is.

RabidRabbit
June 29th, 2007, 11:31 AM
Careful about those words, my friend. One bad season/coach does NOT put us in the bottom 1/4 of the FCS. The Jackrabbits will find out that Georgia Southern is still one of the premier teams in the FCS.

No doubt that Ga Southern is a top FCS team (now) as opposed to 2004 as a I-AA team. xnodx xnodx

Jacks are a MUCH BETTER team than Eagles whaled on in 2004. Definitely hope that Jacks FINALLY win vs Eagles, and in Statesboro. xthumbsupx

Winning in Statesboro is a bit like winning in Griz country. It doesn't happen frequently.

BTW, I REALLY enjoyed the hospitality last year @ the NDSU game, and look to join you again for some GREAT tailgating. xbowx xbowx

ysubigred
June 29th, 2007, 11:43 AM
NO DOUBT UNI!! Would be nice to sneek up on Ohio State "BUT" in reality these are probably the for sure two loss xbawlingx

DaveK
June 29th, 2007, 12:01 PM
I'm thinking that Minnesota is going to be looking for revenge against North Dakota State. Even though the Gophers actually won that matchup last year, I believe they were humiliated by the fact that it came down to a FG attempt on the last play. I don't expect the Gophers to look past the Bison again.

AggieFinn
June 29th, 2007, 12:06 PM
I'll add Portland State to the list -- we last played 'em in 2005, but still, they've had our number for the past 5 years. Our first FCS test of 2007, and now that it counts, I hope we lay a whooping to the run and shoot. xcoolx

http://www.goviks.com/uploads/images/Glanville-makes-point.jpg

SoCon48
June 29th, 2007, 12:17 PM
I guess for App the only thing close to a revenge game would be to beat Furman in Greenville since that is the only I-AA game we lost the past two seasons. Even that is a stretch for a "revenge game."

I think we should havbe a little something for GSU since they gave us such a battle in Statesboro.

McNeese75
June 29th, 2007, 01:20 PM
Yeah, that was 2 "not very good teams" battling it out in a pillow fight.;)

That safety of yours (#18) was the real deal though. What ever happened to him?

Yep, it was a bad year (we just were not convinced we were THAT bad .....yet - But we soon learned)

Stephen Barrett finished up this last season. :)

th0m
June 29th, 2007, 01:35 PM
As mentioned by other JMU fans:

CCU
Villanova
App State (in the playoffs maybe?)
YSU (ditto?)

douglasdmb
June 29th, 2007, 01:40 PM
Indiana State for the Bears.

The return game with UCA should be a good one, too. A whole lot of hateful words were exchanged weeks before and after the last year's game on the message boards.

Kill'em
June 29th, 2007, 02:09 PM
No doubt that Ga Southern is a top FCS team (now) as opposed to 2004 as a I-AA team. xnodx xnodx

Jacks are a MUCH BETTER team than Eagles whaled on in 2004. Definitely hope that Jacks FINALLY win vs Eagles, and in Statesboro. xthumbsupx

Winning in Statesboro is a bit like winning in Griz country. It doesn't happen frequently.

BTW, I REALLY enjoyed the hospitality last year @ the NDSU game, and look to join you again for some GREAT tailgating. xbowx xbowx

RR, you are always welcome in OUR HOUSE. You are good people and I enjoy visiting with y'all.

Eaglesrus
June 29th, 2007, 02:23 PM
I think we should havbe a little something for GSU since they gave us such a battle in Statesboro.

And I have high hopes that we'll give you a better battle this year than we did on our last visit to the mountains.

OL FU
June 29th, 2007, 03:20 PM
A Furman fan could easily say ASU but since we are in the same conference and normally swap games on home fields ( I know not all the time) it is a little difficult to call it a revenge game. Sometimes it happens. Last years WCU game was a revenge game for two reason (1) an average team beat us the year before and (2) that loss may have stopped us from being seeded. Same thing could have been said about the Georgia Southern game in 05 since our loss to them in 06 cost us the seed. But GSU's horrible 06 season took a lot of the passion out of that game. But it is a little different when the NC beats you bad. It may have cost us a home game in the playoffs but we were so beat up and tired by that time I am not sure we could have beat any playoff team.

For that reason, It has to be CCU. Bunch of upstarts beating you is just embarrassing:o (kidding guys)

One the other hand, you tell me Furman can only beat CCU or ASU but not both. I'll take another loss to CCU in a minute. xsmiley_wix

JMU2K_DukeDawg
June 29th, 2007, 04:21 PM

I feel your pain Catbob, I feel your pain... One of my friends was one, "F*** You JMU!" comment away from throwing down, and it would have been hilarious as drunk as he was. He would have likely gotten the snot beat out of him, but as an invincible drunk, I'm sure several Mountaineers fans aged 18-22 would have been lickin' their wounds for days... xnonono2x

That said, I love the venue at App St. and look forward to next year to return the favor, hopefully without all the extracurricular activities, although our students have some bad behavior as well. xwhistlex xsmhx

JMU2K_DukeDawg
June 29th, 2007, 04:29 PM
I'm sure revenge will be on the minds of the WILDCATS when they take on JMU in our opener after last years "Debacle in Durham".

No doubt. That is a huge game so early in the season. And then who ever loses will have to wait three years to battle it out again due to the rotating schedules... xrotatehx xsmhx xrotatehx

A couple things in JMUs favor - opening home game in September and a 6pm start. Plenty of time for the natives to get "restless" all day long and create one hell of an atmosphere. However, with UNC as game 1 of the season, a 2-0 start looks like a monumental task. Still, ya gotta believe in your team, and I know our Dukes can pull it off! xthumbsupx

Appstate29
June 29th, 2007, 06:43 PM
MICHIGAN!!!

COME GET A TASTE!

zilla
June 29th, 2007, 08:59 PM
A Furman fan could easily say ASU but since we are in the same conference and normally swap games on home fields ( I know not all the time) it is a little difficult to call it a revenge game. Sometimes it happens. Last years WCU game was a revenge game for two reason (1) an average team beat us the year before and (2) that loss may have stopped us from being seeded. Same thing could have been said about the Georgia Southern game in 05 since our loss to them in 06 cost us the seed. But GSU's horrible 06 season took a lot of the passion out of that game. But it is a little different when the NC beats you bad. It may have cost us a home game in the playoffs but we were so beat up and tired by that time I am not sure we could have beat any playoff team.

For that reason, It has to be CCU. Bunch of upstarts beating you is just embarrassing:o (kidding guys)

One the other hand, you tell me Furman can only beat CCU or ASU but not both. I'll take another loss to CCU in a minute. xsmiley_wix

I'll take another win against Furman too! xlolx

Casey_Orourke
June 30th, 2007, 01:54 AM
I would imagine most of the schools in the Big Sky will be gunnin' for PSU in 2007, but we will be setting our sights on both Montana and Montana State. I won't predict a win, just some great games.....xthumbsupx

Grizalltheway
June 30th, 2007, 07:04 AM
Since we don't have a revenge game by winning all of our fcs games last year and almost the year before that I would have to choose either UM or MSU for a playoff hopeful matchup. I hope to get either of these to loud mouth groups coming to the rock. They stick with you by talking a big game and not backing it up with play on the field. I can't wait to face them hopefully.

I believe last time App and UM met, we xasswhipx you guys, so until you beat us...

MplsBison
June 30th, 2007, 07:31 AM
It's not really a revenge game as we already beat them a few years ago, but I can't wait until 2008 when Montana has to come to Fargo for the 2nd round of the playoffs. It'll be a great game!

Grizalltheway
June 30th, 2007, 07:50 AM
It's not really a revenge game as we already beat them a few years ago, but I can't wait until 2008 when Montana has to come to Fargo for the 2nd round of the playoffs. It'll be a great game!

More predictions please, oh Wise One. xrolleyesx

CSUBUCDAD
June 30th, 2007, 12:09 PM
Liberty and Coastal this year. They both come to us on our home turf this year.

grizband
June 30th, 2007, 12:25 PM
I would love to see a Montana-Massachusetts rematch in the playoffs this year. Although the Griz were dominated for most of the second half, we hung around, and had a chance to win that game.

Eyes of Old Main
June 30th, 2007, 12:26 PM
I don't know about other Citadel fans, but realizing that we haven't beaten Wofford in almost a decade just really gets under my skin.

We're just trying to get caught up from that lopsided series record you guys have on us, but you'll get your chance.

mrfeem
June 30th, 2007, 12:26 PM
xlolx YOSEF WANTS THE PALADIN IN GREENVILLE SC WITH A CAPACITY CROWD TO WITNESS THE BEAT DOWN!!!

Eyes of Old Main
June 30th, 2007, 12:27 PM
Charleston Southern. We are going to pillage and burn their villages, ravish their women and eat their babies.

Nice.

Eyes of Old Main
June 30th, 2007, 12:28 PM
Revenge game discussions for Wofford begin and end with one word: Furman.

One day we're bound to figure those guys out, but in the meantime it's getting frustrating.

MplsBison
June 30th, 2007, 12:43 PM
I hear they run some bizarre offense where the quarterback pretends to be running with the ball and then sort of passes it/flings it at the running back who is running parallel to him.

Uncle Buck
June 30th, 2007, 12:48 PM
After last season, we'll have nine of them xrolleyesx

rmutv
June 30th, 2007, 02:54 PM
Robert Morris needs to come up with a victory against crosstown rival and soon to be conference rival Duquesne.

27-7 loss last year did not represent the ability of the Robert Morris Colonials, as evidenced by their later contention for the NEC crown until the final weeks of the season.

Wins against Albany and Monmouth would be nice as well, but Robert Morris played them close last year and will have an equal shot to beat them this year. Plus, they're conference opponents. Anything can happen in conference play.

Wins against Dayton and Duquesne to start the season will inject a ton of confidence into this ballclub.

Grizalltheway
June 30th, 2007, 06:13 PM
I would love to see a Montana-Massachusetts rematch in the playoffs this year. Although the Griz were dominated for most of the second half, we hung around, and had a chance to win that game.

Plus, no more Baylark. xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx

SouthernEagle02
June 30th, 2007, 06:57 PM
Central Conn State Univ and the school from Arkansas that embarrassed us last year. xnonono2x

HaveFunKc
June 30th, 2007, 11:23 PM
I believe last time App and UM met, we xasswhipx you guys, so until you beat us...

Just for my dictionary of FCS terms... If a spanking is when a home team beats a visiting team in a semi-final playoff game by 3 points in OT, what do you call a visiting team winning in regulation in a semi-final playoff game?

But agree 100%, wouldn't that be an awesome game in Chatty!!

T-Dog
June 30th, 2007, 11:24 PM

You won by a three points......in overtime.....at Wa-Griz....in the National Semis.

I wouldn't call that a whippin.

slostang
June 30th, 2007, 11:36 PM
I would like to see Cal Poly pick up a win against Texas State this year. It would take a little of the sting out of them knocking the Cal Poly out of the 2005 playoffs.

Grizalltheway
June 30th, 2007, 11:38 PM
Yes, but a certain App fan seems to think that Montana is all talk and no results (perhaps he's just grouping us in with MSU). Keep in mind we both have the same number of national titles. I have a feeling the championship game may decide who gets their third. xnodx

Pauly LB
July 1st, 2007, 12:54 AM
South Dakota State and North Dakota state.

South Dakota State for breaking my heart by coming back from being down 28-6 in the fourth quarter to win 29-28.

North Dokota State for taking the Mustangs behind the wood shed in Fargo last year.

I certainly agree with the games listed above. I am also certain that UC Davis will want to get even with Cal Poly when they play at Davis on October 13th...

Eaglesrus
July 1st, 2007, 09:01 AM
Central Conn State Univ and the school from Arkansas that embarrassed us last year. xnonono2x

When do we play them again?

already123
July 1st, 2007, 05:11 PM

yea, that was pretty bad huh?

AndrewFU21
July 1st, 2007, 09:01 PM
Man, beating the piss out of Coastal is going to be sweet. Just ask Western how it felt last year.

SouthernEagle02
July 1st, 2007, 09:10 PM
We don't but still..we lost them in Our House.

zilla
July 1st, 2007, 09:23 PM
Man, beating the piss out of Coastal is going to be sweet. Just ask Western how it felt last year.

FU very well may win this year's contest versus CCU. Winning in Greenville is always a tall task. But "beating the piss" out of us may be a stretch. The Chants won't be down this year as many perceive. We may not match our success that we achieved in '06, but we'll be competitive.

I'll be there that day, along with the hundreds of screaming CCU fans that plan to make the trip. Should be a good game.

OL FU
July 2nd, 2007, 07:05 AM
Revenge game discussions for Wofford begin and end with one word: Furman.

One day we're bound to figure those guys out, but in the meantime it's getting frustrating.

It is real simple. you have to tackle our runing backs and block our line backersxnodx

:p :p :p xsmiley_wix

ElonPride
July 2nd, 2007, 07:20 AM
Hands down, El Cid. They handed us HUGE loss on senior night....I mean, the biggest whoppin' of the season for us....and kept Elon from having their 1st winning season since '00.

Eaglesrus
July 2nd, 2007, 07:32 AM
We don't but still..we lost them in Our House.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love for us to get another shot at them, but this year I'm thinking we have other priorities, i.e. UTC, Citadel, etc.

HiHiYikas
July 2nd, 2007, 08:19 AM
Avenging last year's FBS loss would be wonderful, even if not against the specific FBS team.

I was just talking to a Furman grad at a big Baptist meeting last week about how Greenville has been a tough venue for App State in the past. Furman will have revenge on their minds and history on their side down there. Ought to be a tough win for either team.

CID1990
July 2nd, 2007, 08:50 AM
FU very well may win this year's contest versus CCU. Winning in Greenville is always a tall task. But "beating the piss" out of us may be a stretch. The Chants won't be down this year as many perceive. We may not match our success that we achieved in '06, but we'll be competitive.

I'll be there that day, along with the hundreds of screaming CCU fans that plan to make the trip. Should be a good game.

No, you won't. You have to be Baptized before they let you on campus, and being from Myrtle Beach might preclude you from getting in, anyways.

LarryBoy
July 2nd, 2007, 09:00 AM
No, you won't. You have to be Baptized before they let you on campus, and being from Myrtle Beach might preclude you from getting in, anyways.

Hmmm....that was kind of clever in an overly-outdated sort of way...

zilla
July 2nd, 2007, 09:07 AM

So you have to be baptized to attend a Furman game, huh? Well, I won't have a problem getting in then.

What's the requirements for getting into Johnson-Hagood? Would I have to wear one of those silly costumes like your cadets?

OL FU
July 2nd, 2007, 09:16 AM
So you have to be baptized to attend a Furman game, huh? Well, I won't have a problem getting in then.

What's the requirements for getting into Johnson-Hagood? Would I have to wear one of those silly costumes like your cadets?

First you have to put on a pink bunny rabbit suit and walk around sucking a carrot for the entertainment of the upper classmen.

The you have to put on lipstick and wear a dress for the entertainment of the upper class men because you will look better than the female cadets attending the Military college.

Then you have to .....................you probably should stick to baptismxnodx

purplebear72
July 2nd, 2007, 09:42 AM
My first post:
I want to beat the South Dakota State Bunnies and just so happen we get them in Conwayxthumbsupx . Also looking forward to a nice warm welcome at Mizzou State (Fake Bears):D .

And by the way, that Arkansas team that beat you last year was the University of Central Arkansas Bears.

2 - 0 versus Southern Conference teams since 1992
UCA 24 @ UT Chattanooga 17 Sept. 26 1992
UCA 34 @ Georgia Southern 31 Nov. 18 2006

The Gadfly
July 2nd, 2007, 09:49 AM

Get a beat-down by a female VMI Keydet.

Eaglesrus
July 2nd, 2007, 09:54 AM
My first post:..............................
And by the way, that Arkansas team that beat you last year was the University of Central Arkansas Bears.

2 - 0 versus Southern Conference teams since 1992
UCA 24 @ UT Chattanooga 17 Sept. 26 1992
UCA 34 @ Georgia Southern 31 Nov. 18 2006

Welcome to the wonderful world of AGS posting.

Was that a home-and-home deal? if so, when do we come there? never been to Arkansas and never had much desire to go, 'til now.

patssle
July 2nd, 2007, 10:00 AM
I want to beat McNeese in Lake Charles. We should of beat them last year but started an injured QB instead and that cost us the game. That game is more important than SFA or SWTSUSM.

purplebear72
July 2nd, 2007, 10:14 AM
Welcome to the wonderful world of AGS posting.

Was that a home-and-home deal? if so, when do we come there? never been to Arkansas and never had much desire to go, 'til now.

Thanks for the welcome!

I'm not sure about a home and home series but I would love for you all to come over to our house in Conway, Arkansas some day. We have a nice campus and our facilities are getting better every year. I really believe we can be the premier program of the Southland someday but we have some catching up to do. There are a lot of good programs in the Southland.

I know y'all had one of the worst seasons ever, but our win over you last year was a great victory for us. I heard Statesboro and th campus was a very nice place with classy fans. Anytime you beat a team with a great tradition like Ga Southern you feel pretty good about it. You guys will be back soon and Appy better watch out for you. BTW, who is your coach this year?

g-webb1994
July 2nd, 2007, 10:17 AM
I don't consider Coastal a revenge game. Yea, it sucked, but they were the better team.

W&M and G-W are revenge games. We were better than both teams and simply gave the games away. They're both on the road this year so it'll be even sweeter.

To quote our "beloved" President......"BRING IT ON!!!!!!"xthumbsupx (seriously, let's hope somehow that a conference title/at large berth is on the line that day in the Boiling Springs metropolitan area;))

CID1990
July 2nd, 2007, 11:41 AM

No requirements. Johnson Hagood is off campus, we'll even allow Myrtle Beachers in.

WrenFGun
July 2nd, 2007, 11:47 AM
I'd like to beat the snot out of JMU. For awhile they had me believing that we could not beat a team in purple (we finally beat Richmond, at least). I'd really, really like to beat both JMU and UMass this year. That NU loss stings, too.

But what I really want is a shot at UNI again in the playoffs. That is easily the most frustrating game I've ever watched. Northeastern was just a stupid coaching decision, but even still, we were generally outplayed. UMass and JMU were both better than us last season, and played better, winning football. UNI was simply not better than us...it was just, ugh. Painful memories.

89Hen
July 2nd, 2007, 12:04 PM
I HAVE to believe we are close to the top of the Blue Hens revenge list.
#1 for me. xnodx

MarkCCU
July 2nd, 2007, 12:07 PM
Furman wants to beat us
Charleston So. wants to beat us always...we've gotten our revenge on them
Liberty wants to beat us this year

Coastal wants revenge against GSU. 'nuff said.

MarkCCU
July 2nd, 2007, 12:13 PM

We've lost to Charleston Southern two straight seasons, so that would be priority one. Whipping some Buc ass on homecoming this fall will be sweet.:)

We've lost to Coastal three straight seasons, but play them on the road, so breaking that will prove more difficult.

For me two games come to mind on our schedule this year:

09/15 @ William and Mary- Last time we played at the "Zable Stable", we lost 56-0 (on the way to a 1-10 season), and then last year we lost 14-13 so I would like nothing more than to finally knock the Tribe off

11/03 vs. Coastal Carolina- 2 years ago we took the Chants to TRIPLE OVERTIME (before losing) and last year we missed a game winning field goal down in Myrtle Beach. This year I want to see the Flames finally get over the hump.

Hells Yeah! Furman - at least you get to go right after them this year. We have had to wait an extra year to exact our revenge on the beach chickens. I think 90% of JMU fans I know are looking forward to that game perhaps more than any other.

Just a warning CCU - the obnoxious fans and students you are likely to encounter at Bridgeforth Stadium on Spet. 22 is simply a sign of respect! xpeacex

Last year Villanova was a fluke. I mean, how many things can go wrong in one game? Yes, Villanova beat us fair and square, but we all have those days where everything that could go wrong does go wrong. What was truly telling about that game was the final drive against us - foreshadowing of things to come in Youngstown, OH. :o xsmhx

Here's to hoping for a YSU rematch in the playoffs again! xthumbsupx

Also, in 2008 we get a shot at home vs. App St. Hopefully we'll continue to play well over the next two years and be ready for the Mountaineers!

As mentioned by other JMU fans:

CCU
Villanova
App State (in the playoffs maybe?)
YSU (ditto?)

Liberty and Coastal this year. They both come to us on our home turf this year.

Furman wants to beat us
Charleston So. wants to beat us always...we've gotten our revenge on them
Liberty wants to beat us this year

Coastal wants revenge against App State. 'nuff said.

Let the HATE FLOW!!!!!!!!!!! xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

chrisattsu
July 2nd, 2007, 12:35 PM
For Texas State-
Nicholls, I want the paddle.
SFA, it's always good to beat the hillbillies

For Tarleton-
West Texas A&M- They have come from behind to beat us 2 years in a row, and knocked us out of the playoffs.
ACU- They spoiled us @ homecoming 2 years back, now they are lined up to do it again.

travelinman67
July 2nd, 2007, 12:36 PM
Let the HATE FLOW!!!!!!!!!!! xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

You ain't kiddin. The shirt I want to wear at this year's Lehigh-laughfayette game will probably get me thrown out or thrown in jail. Sorry, DungeonJoe, but they're the only words that can describe my feelings.xanim_chaix xanim_chaix
xazzx xazzx
xspankx xspankx
xasswhipx xasswhipx xasswhipx xasswhipx xasswhipx xasswhipx xasswhipxxasswhipx xasswhipx xasswhipx

Eaglesrus
July 2nd, 2007, 01:33 PM
BTW, who is your coach this year?

Chris Hatcher, formerly head coach at Valdosta State University where he was something like 76 - 12. It's highly unlikely that he'll bring us all the way back this year, but he is already much more popular with the fan base than our previous coach was after about his first month. That's because of what Hatcher says and the respect he has voiced for our traditions.

DrG
July 2nd, 2007, 01:44 PM
ASU in the NC game. ;) And BC, for many vengeful reasons.

JoeNeck90
July 2nd, 2007, 02:18 PM
Western Illinois

I wouldn't worry about that game. I think we play better in the dome and UNI wins at our place. Besides, if I was an expert I'd have us at 3-8 this year.

GtFllsGriz
July 2nd, 2007, 02:33 PM
I would have to say NDSU. I have a feeling there will be no second half let downs the next time we meet. No disrespect to NDSU but that was a
athetic half of Griz football.

pQUOTE=AppStateold299;580360]Since we don't have a revenge game by winning all of our fcs games last year and almost the year before that I would have to choose either UM or MSU for a playoff hopeful matchup. I hope to get either of these to loud mouth groups coming to the rock. They stick with you by talking a big game and not backing it up with play on the field. I can't wait to face them hopefully.[/QUOTE]

"Not backing it up", where have you been for the past 14 years?

AppStateold299
July 2nd, 2007, 02:57 PM
I have been around to watch Montana talk every year and then still come up short when it counts. That is when they finally have an opponent that will give them a hard time. So continue to play cupcake DII schools and get to the playoffs and continue to lose when the games get difficult. Please the only team that is allowed to say anything about where they have been is GSU. They are the only ones that have more than 2 titles and the only ones that have proven that their program is a force (minus last year). I hate GSU, but at least they have valid points to backing up their talk. I can't wait until your thug U falls this year.

purplebear72
July 2nd, 2007, 03:10 PM
Chris Hatcher, formerly head coach at Valdosta State University where he was something like 76 - 12. It's highly unlikely that he'll bring us all the way back this year, but he is already much popular with the fan base than our previous coach was after about his first month. That's because of what Hatcher says and the respect he has voiced for our traditions.

Wow! You've got a heck of a coach there! Wish you would have got him while we were in the Gulf South Conference playing Valdosta because that was one team that we had a hard time against (2-9 from 1995-2005). Valdosta was a thorn in our side. xmadx
Hatcher is very accomplished, knows talent, and will get you back on top again in no time. You should be very happy to have him. While I'd love to play you again and beat you with Hatcher as head coach, it's kind of scary think what talent that he will have at Georgia Southern with his pass happy system.xeekx But still it would be nice to get revenge on a Hatcher-led team. Maybe in playoffs someday!xsmiley_wix

UNH_Alum_In_CT
July 2nd, 2007, 03:15 PM
ASU in the NC game. ;) And BC, for many vengeful reasons.

Probably only understood by other members of Hockey East!! :p xrotatehx xlolx xlolx

No_Skill
July 2nd, 2007, 04:44 PM
I would have to say NDSU. I have a feeling there will be no second half let downs the next time we meet. No disrespect to NDSU but that was a
athetic half of Griz football.

I can't wait for the next time we meet. xnodx xrotatehx xnodx xrotatehx xnodx

RabidRabbit
July 2nd, 2007, 05:33 PM
I can't wait for the next time we meet. xnodx xrotatehx xnodx xrotatehx xnodx

And I'd bet it will be in Fargo, or in the playoffs.

already123
July 2nd, 2007, 05:54 PM
most likely

McNeese75
July 2nd, 2007, 08:40 PM
I want to beat McNeese in Lake Charles. We should of beat them last year but started an injured QB instead and that cost us the game. That game is more important than SFA or SWTSUSM.

In your opinion of course. xnodx Well, looking back at Katfans I see where your actual opinion on the reason for the loss was "Turnovers" :D

McNeese was never behind in that game (in your house). We've been through this before but I do understand why you want to win this game in 2007 so bad. If you don't, it is going to be tough to get a at large bid with your schedule and the challenging games at OSU and NDSU.

Should be a good one!! xthumbsupx

DuckDuckGriz
July 2nd, 2007, 09:17 PM
I have been around to watch Montana talk every year and then still come up short when it counts. That is when they finally have an opponent that will give them a hard time. So continue to play cupcake DII schools and get to the playoffs and continue to lose when the games get difficult. Please the only team that is allowed to say anything about where they have been is GSU. They are the only ones that have more than 2 titles and the only ones that have proven that their program is a force (minus last year). I hate GSU, but at least they have valid points to backing up their talk. I can't wait until your thug U falls this year.

Wow AppState, does that 2000 loss really still sting that bad? Holy crap man someone has some Griz Envy or something going on. No wonder why most FCS fans complain about the trips to Boone and the absolute @$$hole fans that exist there. Take a breath. By the way we've reached the national championship three out of the last seven years and the semis four out of the last seven. I don't know what playoffs you watch, but those sure aren't cupcake teams (unless you consider the Mountaineers a cupcake then, oh well).
Also please feel free to point out the cupcakes on the way to the best record in the FCS over the last ten years. Oh, and Thug U? Nice try at a low jab but it ain't workin.

Fact of the day - App State is 0-7 in trips west of the Mississippi :(

Ronbo
July 2nd, 2007, 10:00 PM

Hmmm.... nice smack.

Montana more than backs up it's talk on the field.

• Had 21 winning seasons in a row, dating back to 1986.

• Appeared in the NCAA Football Championship
Subdivision (the FCS was formerly known as Division
I-AA) a record 14 consecutive times.

• Played in the FCS’s championship game five out of the
past 11 seasons.

• Participated in 17 of the FCS’s 29 (58.6%) tournaments,
tying Eastern Kentucky for the most berths ever.

• Won nine Big Sky Conference titles in a row and in 12 of
the last 14 seasons.

• Won national championships in 1995 and 2001;
runner-up in 1996, 2000, and 2004.

• Gone 80-16 overall for a winning percentage of .833 in
the first seven years of the millennium, and they are 44-7
(86.3%) in Big Sky games in that time span.

• Won 10 or more games nine times over the past 14
seasons: 10-2 in 1993; 11-4 in 1994; 13-2 in 1995; 14-1 in
1996; 13-2 in 2000; 14-1 in 2001; 11-3 in 2002; 12-3 in
2004, and 12-2 in 2006.

• Been ranked in the Sports Network’s top 25 in 198 of the
past 202 polls (since 1993).

• Had 11 of the Big Sky’s offensive or defensive MVPs over
the last 14 years (six on offense, five on defense).

• Forty-four football players recognized at this year’s 14th
Annual Robert Lindsay Scholar-Athlete Banquet for
maintaining a 3.00 GPA or above. UM had 18 players
named to the All-Big Sky academic team, which requires
a minimum GPA of 3.2, in 2006.

• Had, since the 1970 season, 18 different football players
from Montana have been named to the first or second
Division I Academic All-America teams.

• Led the FCS in attendance in 2005 and 2006 and
averaged over 23,000 per game in the regular season.

• Gone 133-19 in Washington-Grizzly Stadium since
mid-way through the 1986 season (an 87.5% winning
percentage).

• Been ranked among the top 25 schools in the nation by
Sports Illustrated’s SI.com (2004) as one of the “Best
College Football Weekends” venues and was the only
non-Football Bowl Subdivision team that made the list.

• 204 wins in the last 21 seasons for an average of 9.7
victories a year. The Griz have won 12 or more games
six of the past 12 years, and Coach Bobby Hauck has
two 12-win seasons in his four-year tenure at UM.

You list your teams accomplishments over the past 20 years and we'll talk some more.

Mountaineer
July 2nd, 2007, 10:10 PM
Good grief guys, we get it. Are ya'll on the Montana payroll or something? When it comes to FCS football - Montana is and will continue to be the greatest and most magnificent team to grace the Earth. I humbly bow to the FCS program that has all of those impressive numbers and talking points. Remarkable. Fantastic even. xbowx xbowx

http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/9115/wash20griz20nightgv2.jpg

Wash-Griz - I submit before you in all your splendor. Please take pity on all us peons and pretenders to the most wonderful team ever. Montana. Amen.

Ronbo
July 2nd, 2007, 10:18 PM
The problem we have here is that you guys throw smack and we counter with facts. It's too bad the facts trump your smack so badly. Our bad!

Mountaineer
July 2nd, 2007, 10:23 PM
The problem we have here is that you guys throw smack and we counter with facts. It's too bad the facts trump your smack so badly. Our bad!

The numbers are impressive, no doubt. However, I think a lot of teams would do just as well playing in the Big Sky. ;)

You sure wouldn't have those 10-1 regular season records in the SoCon, CAA, or Gateway. xthumbsupx

Kind of reminds me of the Atlanta Braves actually. Major ownage during the regular season - goes out with a whimper during the playoffs. It's not like you have that many more NCs than other schools. xnodx

Ronbo
July 2nd, 2007, 10:28 PM
Last I looked we were 1-0 against ya'alls in the playoffs. It was a wimper of a performance ya'alls put forth. Ya'alls is a johnny come lately, come back in twenty and show us your wears.

Mountaineer
July 2nd, 2007, 10:31 PM
Amazing that a "johnny come lately" - has more program wins than a school playing football ~30 years before them (502 to 492).

And has the same amount of national championships. Funny. xthumbsupx

Grizalltheway
July 2nd, 2007, 10:35 PM

Wrong, yet again, YSU has 4. xrulesx You continue to show just how ignorant you are when it comes to anything that doesn't have to do with Ape State.

Ronbo
July 2nd, 2007, 10:43 PM
Amazing that a "johnny come lately" - has more program wins than a school playing football ~30 years before them (502 to 492).

And has the same amount of national championships. Funny. xthumbsupx

Well understandable as we were in a Conference with UCLA, Southern Cal, California, Oregon, Oregon State, Washington, and Washington State from 1924 to 1949. Then we played in a Conference with BYU, Colorado State, Colorado, Utah, Utah State, New Mexico, and Wyoming from 1951 to 1961.

From 1937 to 1970 you guys were NAIA.

Grizalltheway
July 2nd, 2007, 10:50 PM
Well understandable as we were in Conferences with UCLA, Southern Cal, California, Oregon, Oregon State, Washington, and Washington State from 1924 to 1949. Then we played in a Conference with BYU, Colorado State, Colorado, Utah, Utah State, New Mexico, and Wyoming from 1951 to 1961.

From 1937 to 1970 you guys were NAIA.

But that means they had to play 4 time national champions Carroll College! xrolleyesx

charliej
July 2nd, 2007, 10:56 PM
Lehighxnodx

Engineer91
July 3rd, 2007, 07:42 AM
Lafayette
Lafayette
and
Lafayette

Ronbo
July 3rd, 2007, 09:32 AM
You know hate is one of the sincerest forms respect in sports. Just ask the Yankees and the Dallas Cowboys. We get our share here that's for sure. You App. State fans are just beginning to feel it. Wait till you get jumped on for every little thing you say positive about your team. When you establish a legacy like Montana or Georgia Southern fans from other schools only celebrate your failures. Wait till that happens. xnodx

DrG
July 3rd, 2007, 09:38 AM
Probably only understood by other members of Hockey East!! :p xrotatehx xlolx xlolx

You got it!! xthumbsupx
Wonder how many here know what Hockey East is? Or what hockey is, for that matter.

Kill'em
July 4th, 2007, 06:43 AM
Wow! You've got a heck of a coach there! Wish you would have got him while we were in the Gulf South Conference playing Valdosta because that was one team that we had a hard time against (2-9 from 1995-2005). Valdosta was a thorn in our side. xmadx
Hatcher is very accomplished, knows talent, and will get you back on top again in no time. You should be very happy to have him. While I'd love to play you again and beat you with Hatcher as head coach, it's kind of scary think what talent that he will have at Georgia Southern with his pass happy system.xeekx But still it would be nice to get revenge on a Hatcher-led team. Maybe in playoffs someday!xsmiley_wix

The first thing that impressed me about Hatcher was his humility. He said he wanted to play for Georgia Southern and play for Erk Russell but wasn't recruited. He idolized Erk and uses him as a role model for his coaching style. The fans appreciate his warmth and sincerity, unlike his predecessor. Oh yeah, the players seem to like him, too. While being very humble, his confidence is easy to see.

From what I have seen his passing offense is going to be similar to our option offense, using speed instead of size. BVG wanted size in all positions but never used our team speed. Before I forget, our defense looks like it will be a good one. It seems as if the defense will attack, not just follow some complicated NFL scheme which had us out of position most of the time last year.

I don't know how good we will be this year. I suspect it won't take too long for Hatcher to get us back where we belong. We, as fans need to be patient.

Tribe4SF
July 4th, 2007, 07:17 AM
For W&M it has to be our road games at Maine and Hofstra. Both beat us in close games we should have won at Zable last year. Tribe needs both these games to have a shot at playoffs.

grizband
July 4th, 2007, 02:40 PM
You got it!! xthumbsupx
Wonder how many here know what Hockey East is? Or what hockey is, for that matter.
Didn't know Hockey East, until college when I met two friends who were big college hockey fans from Minnesota and Rhode Island.

DaveK
July 6th, 2007, 02:34 AM
You got it!! xthumbsupx

Hockey East? You mean the conference that has Maine, UNH, BU, BC, UMass, UMass-Lowell, Vermont, Providence, Northeastern, and Merrimack? Never heard of it. xlolx

Of course I know Hockey East. The 2nd toughest conference in college hockey. 2nd only to the mighty WCHA of course. xcoolx

T-Dog
July 6th, 2007, 09:21 AM
You know hate is one of the sincerest forms respect in sports. Just ask the Yankees and the Dallas Cowboys. We get our share here that's for sure. You App. State fans are just beginning to feel it. Wait till you get jumped on for every little thing you say positive about your team. When you establish a legacy like Montana or Georgia Southern fans from other schools only celebrate your failures. Wait till that happens. xnodx

How many titles do you have. The same number as us. Not as many playoff apperances but we've done well for ourselves with GaSo, Furman and occasionally Wofford and Citadel being really good. We've always had a legacy, we just couldn't win the big one. Now that we broke the stigma and won TWO titles, it's more vocal now than before because we can finally answer the question "Well, so? How many titles have YOU WON?" that people were asking us for twenty-plus years when we say something about our legacy.

Were not up there with GaSo yet, but we got one more title than Furman and two more than Western and I'll take that.

If we win another this year, I'd say our Legacy is cemented rather well being the first team to three-peat in FCS.

spelunker64
July 6th, 2007, 09:33 AM
That, of course, would be the only loss from last season.

License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man, free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case my enemy is a varmint. And a varmint will never quit - ever. They're like the Viet Cong - Varmint Cong. So you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower. And that's all she wrote.

xasswhipx xanim_chaix xflamemadx http://movies.infinitecoolness.com/23/caddyshack12.jpg xflamemadx xanim_chaix xasswhipx

This summed it up very well.

Tailbone
July 6th, 2007, 10:45 AM

Let's see......

14 straight play-off appearances
5 NC appearances in 10 years
2 National Championships
record against App State 1-0 (over last 25 years)

Kinda looks like "backing it up".

Oh, enjoy your 2 NCs, it's nice to have a great team in a given (small) window of time. I prefer consistency over the long term.

If you can get back to Chatty this year......you'll get your opportunity to face the Griz.......be careful what you wish for.......

OL FU
July 6th, 2007, 11:27 AM
Let's see......

14 straight play-off appearances
5 NC appearances in 10 years
2 National Championships
record against App State 1-0 (over last 25 years)

Kinda looks like "backing it up".

Oh, enjoy your 2 NCs, it's nice to have a great team in a given (small) window of time. I prefer consistency over the long term.

If you can get back to Chatty this year......you'll get your opportunity to face the Griz.......be careful what you wish for.......

Time for Mountaineer to post the success in the playoffs schedule. xnodx

I'm guessing ASU isn't that far behind Montana

gvilleapp
July 6th, 2007, 08:18 PM
Can you imagine the ticket demand for a ASU vs. UM game in Chatty?
Yes, but a certain App fan seems to think that Montana is all talk and no results (perhaps he's just grouping us in with MSU). Keep in mind we both have the same number of national titles. I have a feeling the championship game may decide who gets their third. xnodx

RE/MAXGriz
July 6th, 2007, 08:28 PM
I'd just love to get UMass back in WaGriz, that was a great game last year, and it'd be nice to get them back!

YSURON
July 7th, 2007, 11:07 AM
Have to agree with Flytown On UNI in regular season. Once we get to the playoffs, would like another shot at Appy. this time at home. Would be great game between two good teams and fans. Would like to show Appy. fans a great venue and atmosphere.

ncbears
July 7th, 2007, 11:36 AM
I would say Montana State for UNC. That's one I was pulling my hair out after the game. Lost by a 3 points last season.