View Full Version : I-AA.org Sleeping? Nealy as SLC Offensive MVP?

TexasTerror
August 18th, 2005, 08:59 PM
Someone needs to call the folks at I-AA.org, knock on their door, set their alarm clock or something...

Barrick Nealy as offensive player of the year? How does one go from All-SLC Honorable Mention to the head of the class? Especially, when he's not even viewed as the #1 QB in the league! Especially, especially when this individual does not have any top recievers as first or second-teamers on the All-SLC preseason team...

Yes, it's all speculation, but there's no WRs who have proved themselves and as fast as Nealy can run, he never was able to run away from those Bearkat defenders last year, getting knocked out of the game. He's inconsistent at best and his backup QB could very well be better...

http://i-aa.org/article.asp?articleid=71524

Mr. C
August 18th, 2005, 09:18 PM
Here you go again, Texas Terrorist. About all anyone needs to do to bring you out of the woods is to say something positive about Texas State. Barrick Nealy's problems at Texas State have most been related to injuries, not talent. The dude is a stud and outside of Furman's Ingle Martin, he has probably the best physique of any QB in I-AA football. I was stunned at how cut his muscles were when he came in for a post-game interview session last season when Texas State played Appalachian State in Boone. My sources tell me that Texas State will have much improved receivers this year. WR K.R. Carpenter, TE Randy Moshier give Nealy a couple of good targets, at least. For that matter, the guys the Bobcats will lineup are just as experienced as SHSU's wide-outs. After losing Mathenia and Fuller, one of the best one-two combos in all of I-AA last season (and two guys who were considered for and fell just short of making the I-AA.org season-ending All Star team), the Bearkats have some big question marks at WR this season, even with a quality QB like Noah Allen to throw them the ball. Nealy, quite frankly, is an NFL prospect and it isn't that much of a stretch to see him becoming one of the premier players in the country this year as a senior. For that matter, how many people were picking Dustin Long as a Payton Award runner-up last year when the season started, with SHSU coming off a 2-9 campaign? He was an unknown quantity, considering his limited opportunities at Texas A&M.

HPCAT
August 18th, 2005, 09:32 PM
Here you go again, Texas Terrorist. About all anyone needs to do to bring you out of the woods is to say something positive about Texas State. Barrick Nealy's problems at Texas State have most been related to injuries, not talent. The dude is a stud and outside of Furman's Ingle Martin, he has probably the best physique of any QB in I-AA football. I was stunned at how cut his muscles were when he came in for a post-game interview session last season when Texas State played Appalachian State in Boone. My sources tell me that Texas State will have much improved receivers this year. WR K.R. Carpenter, TE Randy Moshier give Nealy a couple of good targets, at least. For that matter, the guys the Bobcats will lineup are just as experienced as SHSU's wide-outs. After losing Mathenia and Fuller, one of the best one-two combos in all of I-AA last season (and two guys who were considered for and fell just short of making the I-AA.org season-ending All Star team), the Bearkats have some big question marks at WR this season, even with a quality QB like Noah Allen to throw them the ball. Nealy, quite frankly, is an NFL prospect and it isn't that much of a stretch to see him becoming one of the premier players in the country this year as a senior. For that matter, how many people were picking Dustin Long as a Payton Award runner-up last year when the season started, with SHSU coming off a 2-9 campaign? He was an unknown quantity, considering his limited opportunities at Texas A&M.

I couldn't have said it better myself. But, if I would have, the Terrorist would have started another flame war against Texas State. Maybe he will shut up and respect your opinion, just like he expects everyone else to respect his, as bias as it is.

At least you don't have to worry about him posting on the Texas State board more than any Texas State poster. :bang: :rolleyes:

bobcatfan06
August 18th, 2005, 10:17 PM
Thank you Mr. C and Ralph. Maybe someone finally put some sense into his head. That's all I'm saying for the better of this thread.

TexasTerror
August 19th, 2005, 06:41 AM
Oh yes he is viewed as the no. 1 QB in the league (from the upcoming magazine):
QBs
Barrick Nealy, Texas State, Sr.
Davon Vinson, Northwestern State, Sr.
Zeke Dixon, Stephen F. Austin, Sr.
Noah Allen, Sam Houston State, Jr.
Trey Willie, Southeastern Louisiana, Sr.

Second in the mind of the SLC folks -- Davon Vinson was picked ahead of Nealy on the All-SLC team in the preseason this year. He's got a strong team around him and if Allen stays healthy and the WRs at Sam are a bit above average, I'd put Allen above Nealy this year.

I think the good thing about the Bobcats, my positive thoughts, is that they have a solid backup in Chase Wasson, who could outperform their starter. Your always wondering what happens when your top guy on the depth chart goes down. Is there something there? Wasson is just as good, if not better...