PDA

View Full Version : Former I-AA.org and CSN columnist David Coulson named to Sports Network post

bobbythekidd
June 27th, 2007, 04:11 PM
David Coulson, former I-AA.org and College Sporting News senior columnist starts next week at the Sports Network as their FCS writer.

Congrats to you!!!!

http://davidcoulson.org/bannerorg.jpg (http://www.davidcoulson.org)

bisonguy
June 27th, 2007, 04:30 PM
Congrats to Mr. C!

Model Citizen
June 27th, 2007, 04:37 PM
Are they going to use a picture that shows his hair? xeyebrowx

ngineer
June 27th, 2007, 04:40 PM
Way to go Mr. C!xthumbsupx

OL FU
June 27th, 2007, 04:50 PM
I guess we will have to start calling you Mr Coulsonxrolleyesx

xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx for Mr C.

Is there a formal announcement somewherexconfusedx

walliver
June 27th, 2007, 05:22 PM
It's a plot! Mr. C appears to be moving rapidly forward on his plans to conquer the FCS world (I'm sorry the Applalachian Football Championship Division:D )

Congratulations.xthumbsupx

ISUMatt
June 27th, 2007, 05:25 PM
Mr C Awesome

Ronbo
June 27th, 2007, 05:28 PM
He needs to stop posting on message boards. That's not professional. This will be good press for the Southern Conference. He doesn't like Big Sky schools that's come though loud and clear over the years so there's mixed feelings here.

Reed Rothchild
June 27th, 2007, 05:39 PM
Its nice to see a person who's been covering FCS in that position rather than someone else who wants to use that job as a stepping stone.

smallcollegefbfan
June 27th, 2007, 05:42 PM
Former I-AA.org and College Sporting News Senior Columnist David Coulson Named to Head FCS at Sports Network!

David Coulson, former I-AA.org and College Sporting News senior columnist starts next week at the Sports Network as their FCS writer.

Contrats to you!!!!

I got an email from him around 5:00 PM. Congrats Mr. C!!!

I figured he would get it.

SunCoastBlueHen
June 27th, 2007, 06:05 PM
The right guy got the job. Congrats, Dave!

slycat
June 27th, 2007, 06:12 PM
congrats Mr.C

Fresno St. Alum
June 27th, 2007, 06:17 PM
Congrats Mr.C! Fellow Fresno St. Alum

PantherRob82
June 27th, 2007, 06:21 PM
Former I-AA.org and College Sporting News Senior Columnist David Coulson Named to Head FCS at Sports Network!

Contrats to you!!!!

Congrats Dave!

phillyAPP
June 27th, 2007, 06:29 PM
It's a plot! Mr. C appears to be moving rapidly forward on his plans to conquer the FCS world (I'm sorry the Applalachian Football Championship Division:D )

Very Funny - Appalachian Football Championship

DetroitFlyer
June 27th, 2007, 07:02 PM
More objective reporting on the PFL. I cannot wait....

phillyAPP
June 27th, 2007, 07:41 PM

Mr. Positive !!!!!!!!!!!!!

You need to go to Disney World and make a wish.

Who knows maybe you'll get your wish??????????

Hey, did you hear that the Lions are going to win 10 games this year.

Being pessimistic is contageous.

Have some fun Detroit, life is short.
I'm sure Mr. C. will be objective and say what he thinks whether you like it or not.

BigApp
June 27th, 2007, 07:45 PM

good thing you corrected yourself...xthumbsupx xsmiley_wix xthumbsupx

MACHIAVELLI
June 27th, 2007, 07:46 PM
Congrats C, from THE ICON.

blukeys
June 27th, 2007, 09:42 PM
Its nice to see a person who's been covering FCS in that position rather than someone else who wants to use that job as a stepping stone.

You took the words right out of my mouthxthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

Tod
June 27th, 2007, 09:50 PM
Congratulations, Mr. C.!!!

Don't forget to get your best information from the source, AGS!

xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

:)

slostang
June 27th, 2007, 10:20 PM
Congrats Mr. C. I am looking forward to reading your work for TSN.xthumbsupx

FlyYtown
June 27th, 2007, 10:56 PM
Congrats Mr. C!!!
Now your gonna have to make weekly appearances on MySportstalk here in Youngstown!!! And DON'T MENTION THOSE APPS!!!

VT Wildcat Fan53
June 27th, 2007, 11:28 PM
Congratulations, Mr. C. Your comments, posts, reporting, are all professional and treat to read. Good luck!

LeopardFan04
June 28th, 2007, 01:46 AM
David...glad to see to see this! Congrats!

agsadmin
June 28th, 2007, 03:36 AM
He needs to stop posting on message boards. That's not professional.Great to see an AGSer take over as the Sports Network writer! xnodx Ronbo, perhaps you are way out of touch with the current times? Expounding opinions among the dedicated is a professional plus these days. Don't expect Mr. C (?) to stop posting here. xthumbsupx

MR. CHICKEN
June 28th, 2007, 05:49 AM
CONGRATS MR. C..........xbowx.........ER...UH....UMMM......AWQ!

CharlestonAppFan
June 28th, 2007, 07:43 AM

I agree wholeheartedly! Now maybe we can get more articles every week on all the FCS conferences from Mr. C. Congrats for the uh....er....promotion?

I-AA Fan
June 28th, 2007, 07:55 AM
He needs to stop posting on message boards. That's not professional. This will be good press for the Southern Conference. He doesn't like Big Sky schools that's come though loud and clear over the years so there's mixed feelings here.

Could not have said it better myself. Except, I would not have been so polite as to use the word "mixed". It is not the just the BSC either.

89Hen
June 28th, 2007, 08:04 AM
Yeah, they should hire you for unobjective reporting on anything to do with FCS. xcoolx

Congrats Mr.C!

blueballs
June 28th, 2007, 08:05 AM
Congratulations Dave!!! I look forward to your carrying on the tradition of excellence that Tony and Matt fostered in their work for that network.

BTW, Sam Baker sends his love.xsmiley_wix

bluehenbillk
June 28th, 2007, 08:49 AM
Good move and a serious upgrade in 1-AA/FCS knowledge by Sports Network.

GannonFan
June 28th, 2007, 08:51 AM
Agreed - I was critical of the learning curve that Dougherty faced after taking over for Moss, who I thought was very good, but that won't be the case here - congrats, Mr. C, a more knowledgeable FCS person would be hard to find! xthumbsupx

GtFllsGriz
June 28th, 2007, 10:19 AM
I used to love to read the articles written by Tony and Matt in addition to listening to their comments on the radio while I was enroute to the Griz games. I will refrain from posting all the concerns that I have and simply say this. It is hard to be a loyal fan and still be objective about everyone else. That said, I know I have personally had regrets for things that I have said and done when I have moved from one position to another. I am certain that Mr. C is aware that he will be read, heard and scrutinized by many in Montana.

Good luck on your new endeavor.

OL FU
June 28th, 2007, 10:28 AM
I am sure Mr. C would argue against any bias toward ASU, so I won't argue one way or the other. I realize that journalist are suppose to be un-biased but we all know that is not necesarily true. Also, how can you be a sports journalist and not hope the best for the team you cover. The better they do the better you do. The more interest the readers have yada yada yada.

But let's be honest, most of us have a certain loyalty to whoever employs us ( especially if you are self employed). Doesn't that loyalty change when your jobs change. I see no reason to assume that Mr. C doesn't understand that his readership will be the FCS world and not just ASU and the SoCon.

Obviously, I am stating the obvious but some of us have missed it.

colgate13
June 28th, 2007, 10:39 AM
Congratulations!

saint0917
June 28th, 2007, 10:41 AM
Congrats Mr.C

AZGrizFan
June 28th, 2007, 11:37 AM
Great to see an AGSer take over as the Sports Network writer! xnodx Ronbo, perhaps you are way out of touch with the current times? Expounding opinions among the dedicated is a professional plus these days. Don't expect Mr. C (?) to stop posting here. xthumbsupx

Funny *****. I'm reminded of the ADAMANT denial of one Ralph Wallace on E-Griz that Dave Coulson and "Mr. C" were one in the same person after his flaming post on MSU several months ago.

I guess the genie's out of the bottle now, huh ralph? xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

spelunker64
June 28th, 2007, 11:58 AM
Congrats C man

RabidRabbit
June 28th, 2007, 12:07 PM
Congrats Mr. C - may your insights and knowledge continue to increase! xnodx xnodx

BDKJMU
June 28th, 2007, 12:15 PM
I think "Mr. C" is well aware that people will be scrutinizing his every typed word when mentioning/covering ASU for any signs of bias, so I think he will bend over backwards not to appear biased. Obviously many of the the Grizzly fans on AGS have a problem with him. Hopefully Mr. C, while now wearing a diff pair of shoes so to speak will give good, solid, in depth unbiased coverage of ALL IAA conferences and teams (I'm not debating whether he has or hasn't in the past), and the opinions of some of these with a negative opinion, esp Montana fans, will change from a negative to a more neutral or positive nature over time.

Anyway, congrats to Mr. C. xcoffeex

phillyAPP
June 28th, 2007, 12:25 PM
I think "Mr. C" is well aware that people will be scrutinizing his every typed word when mentioning/covering ASU for any signs of bias, so I think he will bend over backwards not to appear biased. Obviously many of the the Grizzly fans on AGS have a problem with him. Hopefully Mr. C, while now wearing a diff pair of shoes so to speak will give good, solid, in depth unbiased coverage of ALL IAA conferences and teams (I'm not debating whether he has or hasn't in the past), and the opinions of some of these with a negative opinion, esp Montana fans, will change from a negative to a more neutral or positive nature over time.

Anyway, congrats to Mr. C. xcoffeex

Well said !!

Is Mr. C. moving to Philly or corporate headquartersin Fort Washington/Horsham?

colgate13
June 28th, 2007, 02:50 PM
Funny *****. I'm reminded of the ADAMANT denial of one Ralph Wallace on E-Griz that Dave Coulson and "Mr. C" were one in the same person after his flaming post on MSU several months ago.

I guess the genie's out of the bottle now, huh ralph? xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

Got a link to that thread? I've never known it to be a secret who Mr. C. is/was?

griz37
June 28th, 2007, 05:43 PM
http://www.bobcatnation.com/bobcatboard/viewtopic.php?t=9645&highlight=dave+coulson

Not Egriz like AZGriz states, but this thread is about the same subject.

AZGrizFan
June 28th, 2007, 06:00 PM
Got a link to that thread? I've never known it to be a secret who Mr. C. is/was?

Ask and ye shall receive.....really some of ralph's best spin, in my opinion The master of word parsing, out of context quotes, dodging questions, etc. In some ways, I really miss that..... xcoolx xeyebrowx xnodx

http://www.egriz.com/GrizBoard/topic23041-100.php?highlight=coulson

catbob
June 28th, 2007, 08:28 PM
Yea Mr. C and Ralph galled a lot of folks out here with that little charade.

I do think Mr. Coulson is as experienced and knowledgeable as anyone for the job, but he is going to have to earn back some of the respect he lost by the Bobcat faithful, and the Griz faithful as well from what I understand.

GreatAppSt
June 28th, 2007, 10:19 PM

If it's okay for modern celebs,broadcasters etc i.e. Rosie Odumazz to express thier own blather in public forums they chose, Mr C is well in the clear to post about the foozball here.xnodx

gmoney55
June 29th, 2007, 10:53 AM
So is CSN finished, since Coulson had just picked up the promotion? Should be interesting to follow what happens there.

KJ Eagle
June 29th, 2007, 03:46 PM
Congratulations Dave!!! I look forward to your carrying on the tradition of excellence that Tony and Matt fostered in their work for that network.

BTW, Sam Baker sends his love.xsmiley_wix

Now that's funny right there...xlolx

bobbythekidd
June 29th, 2007, 04:48 PM
So is CSN finished, since Coulson had just picked up the promotion? Should be interesting to follow what happens there.

A search is underway to fill the CAA columnist position.

ABOUT COLLEGE SPORTING NEWS

College Sporting News was launched in 2000 as a news service for individuals, organizations and broadcasters who seek information about the collegiate Division I Football Championship Subdivision. Publishing thousands of news articles each year, College Sporting News is the worldwide leader in FCS news distribution, maintains the national Coaches Poll and publishes the only annual FCS preview magazine.

At its website, http://www.CollegeSportingNews.com, College Sporting News presents official FCS collegiate news from source collegiate Conferences and Institutions, and a staff of columnists and correspondents from across the nation provide additional coverage and commentary.

This is dated today. Looks like things are going to continue to me. They are even going to hire a new reporter.

http://www.collegesportingnews.com/article.asp?articleid=86375

TexasTerror
June 29th, 2007, 07:03 PM

Why would CSN be finished?

CSN existed before Coulson and he was one of seven FCS writers for CSN. There's a hole or two that needs to be filled with Coulson and Dowd gone, but columnists come and columnists go, it's the nature of the game, but CSN will sure be sticking around...