PDA

View Full Version : HBC Sports Magazine

TexasTerror
August 18th, 2005, 05:00 PM
Today, I had the chance to talk to the Editor and Publisher of HBC Sports Magazine, Tee Ferguson. He's a great guy and really wants to do what he can to cover HBC sports across the board whether it the SWAC, MEAC or even HBCs that aren't in major conference or in NCAA, like the Xaviers, Dillards and whomever else.

I told him I'd do what I can to promote his magazine on these boards to the I-AA fans as I know there's some big time interest in the HBCs from the SWAC and MEAC on this board.

I'll be working with him in the future as a contributing writer, but I thought I'd pass it along...

http://www.hbcsportsmagazine.com/

bobcatfan06
August 18th, 2005, 10:19 PM
I could easily say something about TT being a writer, but I'm just going to keep my mouth shut.

Catmendue2
August 19th, 2005, 03:53 AM
I could easily say something about TT being a writer, but I'm just going to keep my mouth shut.

You seem to know something about everboody and everything. :cool:

TexasTerror
August 19th, 2005, 06:38 AM
I know his website is HBC but most folks know that as HBCU. Everyone in I-AA should have a big time interest in I-AA HBCUs. Not much for D-II/III/NAIA/etc.

Right. That HBC caught me off guard and asked my boss what it stood for, because I am so used to 'HBCU'.

Yep, everyone in I-AA should love hearing about those I-AA HBCUs. In the May issue, there was some stuff on Hampton. That issue was like 14 pages. I have a preview copy of the August issue (in *.pdf form) at work. This issue jumps up to 38 pages as more people have gotten involved.

I think since more of the HBCUs have basketball, we'll see it getting bigger and bigger. However, I do know there is an interest in HBCUs football on these boards and I am sure some of those who have interest in the I-AA HBCUs will have interest in HBCUs in general because everyone seems to know someone from the other HBCUs.

You should check out my published stuff... :)