PDA

View Full Version : 2020 AGS FFA Poll - Week 7

OhioHen
October 18th, 2020, 05:55 AM
Poll is open again for Week 7. Vote by noon Eastern on Thursday and discuss.

SFA 93
October 18th, 2020, 07:43 AM
1 - North Dakota State 1-0 (DNP)
2 - Central Arkansas 3-3 (Beat a good Missouri State team)
3 - Jacksonville State 2-1 (Dog fight with UNA but got the W)
4 - Houston Baptist 1-3 (DNP)
5 - Abilene Christian 0-2 (DNP)
6 - Campbell 0-4 (DNP)
7 - Missouri State 0-3 (Good showing on the road against UCA)
8 - Eastern Kentucky 1-4 (Gave FBS opponent Troy a scare on the road, loosing in final seconds to a FG)
9 - Mercer 0-1 (DNP)
10 - North Alabama 0-2 (Another solid outing by the Lions)
11 - Stephen F. Austin 2-3 (Back to back Div. II wins with a bit of a struggle against Angelo State, ACU up next will tell)
12 - The Citadel 0-4 (DNP)
13 - Austin Peay 0-3 (DNP)
14 - Chattanooga 0-0 (DNP)
15 - Southeast Missouri State 0-0 (DNP)
16 - Southern Illinois 0-0 (DNP)
17 - Western Carolina 0-0 (DNP)

FUBeAR
October 18th, 2020, 08:46 PM
RNK
..............Team................
..........................Comment................. .........................................

North Dakota State (1-0)
Season complete

Jacksonville State (2-1)
Solid win against in-State rival that REALLY wanted the upset

Central Arkansas (3-3)
Won’t move ‘em down with re-run FCS win, but still thinking about it

Houston Baptist (1-3)
Season complete

Abilene Christian (0-2)
Idle; Southland showdown with SFA this week

Mercer (0-1)
Facing 5-1, just outside Top 25, Army, this week

Stephen F. Austin (2-3)
Dispensed of a D2; Southland showdown with ACU this week

North Alabama (0-2)
Did enough vs. #2 to move past a couple ‘Idlers’

Eastern Kentucky (1-4)
Decided I had the Colonels under-ranked

Chattanooga (0-0)
Debut in their 1 game ‘season‘ @ WKU this week. GO MOCS!

Campbell (0-4)
Season complete

The Citadel (0-4)
Season complete

Austin Peay (0-3)
Season complete

SEMO (0-0)
Are they ever going to play this game?

S. Illinois (0-0)
Are they ever going to play this game?

Missouri State (0-3)
Another mistake-filled loss to UCA

Western Carolina (0-0)
Idle

OhioHen
October 19th, 2020, 06:36 AM
The "eye test" of the losses had more impact on my changes this week than the wins.

1 - North Dakota State
2 - Jacksonville State
3 - Central Arkansas
4 - Austin Peay
5 - Southeast Missouri State
6 - Southern Illinois
7 - Chattanooga
8 - Houston Baptist
9 - The Citadel
10 - Eastern Kentucky
11 - Missouri State
12 - North Alabama
13 - Stephen F. Austin
14 - Mercer
15 - Abilene Christian
16 - Campbell
17 - Western Carolina

Unlike those who choose to put all the teams with at least one game played ahead of all those with none played (nothing wrong with the approach), I still have several teams placed based on my preseason expectation of relative strength where the performance of lower teams has not been impressive enough to jump ahead of those teams. This Friday's SEMO-SIU game will impact the poll positions of several teams not involved in the game.

SFA 93
October 19th, 2020, 06:46 AM
SFA vs. ACU game is at a neutral site in Arlington, Texas at Globe Life Park.

FUBeAR
October 19th, 2020, 07:31 AM
SFA vs. ACU game is at a neutral site in Arlington, Texas at Globe Life Park.

xthumbsupx - Rankings comments edited. Cool venue. Expecting a good, though socially-distanced, crowd?

POD Knows
October 19th, 2020, 08:28 AM
1 - North Dakota State

2 - Jacksonville State

3 - Central Arkansas

4 - Houston Baptist

5 - Abilene Christian

6 - Mercer

7 - North Alabama

8 - Stephen F. Austin

9 - Eastern Kentucky

10 - SIU

11 - SEMO

12 - The Citadel

13 - Missouri State

14 - Chattanooga

15- Austin Peay

16 - Campbell

17 - Western Carolina

Daytripper
October 19th, 2020, 03:58 PM
1. NDSU
2. UCA
3. JSU
4. EKU
5. The Citadel
6. HBU
7. Missouri St
8. ACU
9.Campbell
10. N. Alabama
11. SFA
12. Mercer
13. APU
14. SEMO
15. Chatty
16. SIU
17. W. Carolina

Catatonic
October 20th, 2020, 05:46 PM
1. NDSU
2. UCA
3. HBU
4. JSU
5. ACU
6. EKU
7. SFA
8. Citadel
9. North Alabama
10. Mercer
11. Missouri State
12. Campbell
13. Austin Peay
14. SIU
15. SEMO
16. Chattanooga
17. Western Carolina

Scrappy94
October 20th, 2020, 08:30 PM
1. North Dakota State
2. Central Arkansas
3. Southern Illinois
4. Chattanooga
5. Southeast Missouri State
6. Jacksonville State
7. Austin Peay
8. Missouri State
9. Houston Baptist
10. Eastern Kentucky
11. Abilene Christian
12. Mercer
13. Stephen F. Austin
14. The Citadel
15. Campbell
16. Western Carolina
17. North Alabama

FUBeAR
October 20th, 2020, 09:50 PM
1. North Dakota State
2. Central Arkansas
3. Southern Illinois
4. Chattanooga
5. Southeast Missouri State
6. Jacksonville State
7. Austin Peay
8. Missouri State
9. Houston Baptist
10. Eastern Kentucky
11. Abilene Christian
12. Mercer
13. Stephen F. Austin
14. The Citadel
15. Campbell
16. Western Carolina
17. North AlabamaWhat will Chatt have to do on Sat. to reach #1 in your rankings?
a. Can’t pass NDSU no matter what happens in the Chatt @ WKU game.
b. Beat WKU soundly.
c. Win, by any measure.
d. Just have a good showing & keep it close.

Also, if not #1, would be interested in where you THINK you MIGHT rank the Mocs if they do each of b. OR c. OR d. above?

For the sake of answering the hypothetical above, let’s assume UCA beats EKU by about 7. No line yet...but that’s where it might be, methinks...and assume Mercer doesn’t beat Army...and assume JaxSt. doesn’t beat FIU.

OhioHen
October 21st, 2020, 06:45 AM
What will Chatt have to do on Sat. to reach #1 in your rankings?
b. Beat WKU soundly.
c. Win, by any measure.

Also, if not #1, would be interested in where you THINK you MIGHT rank the Mocs if they do each of b. OR c. OR d. above?

For the sake of answering the hypothetical above, let’s assume UCA beats EKU by about 7. No line yet...but that’s where it might be, methinks...and assume Mercer doesn’t beat Army...and assume JaxSt. doesn’t beat FIU.

For me (I had Chatty at #7), in scenario b the Mocs would jump to #3. They pass JSU with their loss and jump three idle squads. Other scenarios? How each team's performance looks will determine the shuffling.

FUBeAR
October 21st, 2020, 07:56 AM
For me (I had Chatty at #7), in scenario b the Mocs would jump to #3. They pass JSU with their loss and jump three idle squads. Other scenarios? How each team's performance looks will determine the shuffling.
Thanks - Scrappy has had his Mocs ridin’ HIGH all Fall. Last time I saw them, they were 6-6 and losing to VMI in their most recent game. They may be better than the 2001 Miami Hurricanes this year...who knows...just wondering if / how Scrappy sees a path to the catbird’s seat this Fall.

Daytripper
October 21st, 2020, 12:11 PM
What will Chatt have to do on Sat. to reach #1 in your rankings?
b. Beat WKU soundly.
c. Win, by any measure.

Since NDSU is done, they are at the mercy of the rest of the other teams' schedules. If one of our FCS beats an FBS, I will seriously consider them for #1. The Bison don't have a birth right to the top spot.

BEAR
October 21st, 2020, 12:18 PM
Since NDSU is done, they are at the mercy of the rest of the other teams' schedules. If one of our FCS beats an FBS, I will seriously consider them for #1. The Bison don't have a birth right to the top spot.

That's logical. Add on it took until 1:51 left in the fourth quarter for NDSU to seal it against UCA with an NFL draft likely QB I'd say that's logical. Now they don't have a few of their stars they will probably be good in the Spring but not like they were in the FALL IMO. May be wrong but it seems like they will likely drop off a bit. Any team would.

I don't see UCA beating ULL so I'll have to see what FCS teams have an FBS left in their scheds.

Mocs123
October 21st, 2020, 12:25 PM
Thanks - Scrappy has had his Mocs ridin’ HIGH all Fall. Last time I saw them, they were 6-6 and losing to VMI in their most recent game. They may be better than the 2001 Miami Hurricanes this year...who knows...just wondering if / how Scrappy sees a path to the catbird’s seat this Fall.

We were also doing our best Fowler led Furman impression getting decimated by injuries. Our first three running backs had ACL injuries, plus another that missed several games with a hamstring. We had two starting offensive lineman miss most of the season, a starting WR tear an ACL. On defense I know we were short a linebacker and safety a lot of the year and had a linebacker with casts on both risks. I realize that is just football, and every team has injuries, but like Furman's teams a couple of years ago, we had more than our fair share last season. We were a better team then 6-6. It would have been fun to watch Chattanooga, The Citadel, and Furman battle it out this fall.

That being said, no matter what happens on Saturday, we don't deserve the top spot with only one game. All rankings are really a shot in the dark and a waste this fall anyways. Fall 2021 is what matters.

FUBeAR
October 21st, 2020, 12:28 PM
We were also doing our best Fowler led Furman impression getting decimated by injuries. Our first three running backs had ACL injuries, plus another that missed several games with a hamstring. We had two starting offensive lineman miss most of the season, a starting WR tear an ACL. On defense I know we were short a linebacker and safety a lot of the year and had a linebacker with casts on both risks. I realize that is just football, and every team has injuries, but like Furman's teams a couple of years ago, we had more than our fair share last season. We were a better team then 6-6. It would have been fun to watch Chattanooga, The Citadel, and Furman battle it out this fall.

That being said, no matter what happens on Saturday, we don't deserve the top spot with only one game. All rankings are really a shot in the dark and a waste this fall anyways. Fall 2021 is what matters.
For entertainment purposes only.

But...IF a Spring Season is played, I disagree about it not mattering. Conference Championships & a National Championship will be on the line. Those of us in this moment can say it has an asterisk, but there won’t be any asterisks (whatever the plural is) on those rings, trophies, banners, etc.

OhioHen
October 21st, 2020, 12:42 PM
there won’t be any asterisks on those rings

Little diamonds sparkling in the sun look somewhat like asterisks.

FUBeAR
October 21st, 2020, 02:25 PM
Little diamonds sparkling in the sun look somewhat like asterisks.yeah...I guess you’re right...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D3VxAxZWkAECl4X.jpg

Outsider1
October 21st, 2020, 06:31 PM
NDSU
UCA
JSU
EKU
Missouri St.
The Citadel
ACU
SFA
HBU
Austin Peay
Campbell
UNA
Chatty
Mercer
W. Carolina
SEMO
Southern Ill.

OhioHen
October 22nd, 2020, 06:42 AM
Last call - poll results will be compiled shortly after noon Eastern today.