PDA

View Full Version : new App stadium renderings

Appstate29
June 23rd, 2007, 07:37 PM
yes, more shameless self-promoting:
http://goasu.com/autoimage/pul3Gde.pdf

this is our annual report, most of the pages have nothing to do with football, but the last 2 or so have a bunch of new renderings of the stadium, so take a look

Grizalltheway
June 23rd, 2007, 07:42 PM
Very nice pressbox. xnodx

BigApp
June 23rd, 2007, 07:43 PM
nice work on that!

SoCon48
June 23rd, 2007, 07:47 PM
yes, more shameless self-promoting:
http://goasu.com/autoimage/pul3Gde.pdf

this is our annual report, most of the pages have nothing to do with football, but the last 2 or so have a bunch of new renderings of the stadium, so take a look

Any new word on when the actual start date will be?xeyebrowx

tarmac
June 23rd, 2007, 09:11 PM
last I heard was first week in July 07. They are currently redoing the fencing in part of the stadium with brick colunms and wrought iron. Also working on where the old restrooms were in the south endzone area to make a concessions area. .

BrevardMountaineer03
June 23rd, 2007, 09:21 PM
Looks great, loved the complete overview of the Athletics program!
Go App!

SoCon48
June 23rd, 2007, 09:25 PM
Starting to remind me of JMU's plans to expand to 50K...... in 25 years.

PantherRob82
June 24th, 2007, 12:03 AM
nice

Tod
June 24th, 2007, 02:45 AM
Very nice! Nice collection of trophies, too! xthumbsupx

GreenDay17
June 24th, 2007, 06:44 AM
Awesome newsletter! Nice to see the improvements.

AppMan
June 24th, 2007, 01:19 PM
Starting to remind me of JMU's plans to expand to 50K...... in 25 years.

In a recent article AD Charlie Cobb said the ultimate goal was to have 30,000 seats in Kidd Brewer Stadium. He also indicated they were leaning towards decking the East Grandstands like shown in the initial expansion plans a few years back (minus the towers). Although I still hold out hope a location can be found to relocate the track, he also spoke of building seats in the endzones which allow the track to pass underneath.

813Jag
June 24th, 2007, 01:20 PM
Looks good. xthumbsupx Lots of improvements around the country.

EmeryZach
June 24th, 2007, 01:33 PM
So who donated the money to build that? Cause we can't get anything done at UMass

AppMan
June 24th, 2007, 07:40 PM
So who donated the money to build that? Cause we can't get anything done at UMass

We are actually in the fund raising stage to complete the project. Student fees and some major donors are footing the bill for the new athletic center and other site improvements.

X-Factor
June 24th, 2007, 07:42 PM

Winning back to back NC's might be a good start xthumbsupx

Appguy
June 24th, 2007, 09:22 PM
So the stadium entrance is now on top of the huge hill behind the stadium? do they expect everyone to walk all the way up there?

SoCon48
June 24th, 2007, 09:51 PM
All these renderings and no start kind of remind me of the eBayer who advertised the 32 inch TV. It said "32 inch Color TV. Great Picture." He sold hundreds. He just sent them a "picture."
Got caught and thrown the book at.

tarmac
June 25th, 2007, 07:04 AM
"So the stadium entrance is now on top of the huge hill behind the stadium? do they expect everyone to walk all the way up there?"

No thats for the high dollar skybox/pressbox people and staff. Us regular folks will still have our own personal entrance.

Those other people will even have their own parking area on the hill.

AppMan
June 25th, 2007, 07:59 AM
So the stadium entrance is now on top of the huge hill behind the stadium? do they expect everyone to walk all the way up there?

A new entrance plaza is to be built where the new ticket facility is and the main gates will eventually be located between Owens Field House and the East Grandstands (where those two towers are in the picture I posted). Don't know exactly the plan to disperse folks to the different grandstands, but believe we'll begin to be able to get an idea of how that will work out as the new columns and fencing goes up inside the stadium.

SoCon48
June 25th, 2007, 08:51 AM
I think the idea is to let the high rollers be able to enter without having to mingle with the great unwashed. :)

Appstate29
June 26th, 2007, 10:36 AM
I think the idea is to let the high rollers be able to enter without having to mingle with the great unwashed. :)

whatever makes us a lot of money so we can build new seats...