PDA

View Full Version : Free For All - 2020 Fall Season Poll

OhioHen
September 11th, 2020, 06:45 AM
Following some discussion in the AGS Poll Forum, we have landed on doing an informal "Free For All" poll this fall. Everyone is invited to participate each week - you do not need to be a registered poll voter to participate. Voting or not voting will not count toward or against annual Poll Perfection stats.

Late on Saturday (if I happen to be online when the last game ends) or sometime on Sunday morning (more likely most weeks) there will be a thread posted using the title "2020 AGS FFF Poll - Week #" for everyone to post their ranking of all 15 teams scheduled to play this fall. Everyone will see your ranking and each ranking will be open to discussion.

Since there is no deadline to get a poll published, all rankings posted until noon on Thursday will be included in a tabulation for the week. On Thursday afternoon, I will post another thread entitled "AGS FFA Poll Results - ??/??/???? 2020 SEASON" that will make searching old results easy (format requested by ursus). This will be an opportunity to further discuss what the consensus of those who participated produced.

The teams to be included in each poll:

Abilene Christian

Austin Peay

Campbell

Central Arkansas

Chattanooga

Eastern Kentucky

Houston Baptist

Jacksonville State

Mercer

Missouri State

North Alabama

North Dakota State

Stephen F. Austin

The Citadel

Western Carolina

ursus arctos horribilis
September 11th, 2020, 12:12 PM
This should be pretty fun for all members to jump in on. Everyone and anyone can participate as OhioHen stated.

What date did you decide to start this up Ohen? I assume you request we all take those exact team names (copy & paste) your version and then arrange them as we wish so that you can better tabulate results correct?

JALMOND
September 11th, 2020, 05:26 PM
I've got a fire burning in my back yard and you want me to figure out where Mercer belongs in a poll? xsmiley_wix

Just kidding, sounds like fun. xthumbsupx

FUBeAR
September 11th, 2020, 06:49 PM
I've got a fire burning in my back yard and you want me to figure out where Mercer belongs in a poll? xsmiley_wix

Just kidding, sounds like fun. xthumbsupxHere ya go. I’ll make it easy for you...

https://i.postimg.cc/mkfDFKXw/7827-CF92-05-D7-4-F86-B088-D1-DE4-B9-DD4-F1.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/76ThhqVh/FA531242-AD97-465-B-8-DBF-CFF9780-A2022.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/FzyKbGwQ/D7-EEA8-AA-A934-4-ABB-8-E57-72-FBE619810-C.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/KYW4m1tC/29-AA003-B-F834-4848-B781-CEB0067544-C6.jpg
https://ih1.redbubble.net/image.762756866.5952/st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.jpg

...now go put out that fire!

Catatonic
September 12th, 2020, 05:51 PM
Campbell holding on against Ga Southern 20-13 early in the 4th. A W here will move the Fighting 🐫 s on up the rankings.

Catatonic
September 12th, 2020, 05:54 PM
FU BeAr, what’s up the Mercer board? It looks dead.

FUBeAR
September 12th, 2020, 07:54 PM
FU BeAr, what’s up the Mercer board? It looks dead.Covid-related early & extended hibernations

Catatonic
September 13th, 2020, 06:23 AM
This is gonna be fun rating teams who haven’t played a down and those who have played and lost impressively.

OhioHen
September 13th, 2020, 07:20 AM
Greater than half the teams have now played at least one game so starting now (like a Week 1 poll in a normal year). Will call it what it is though - Week 2.

Redbird 4th & short
September 13th, 2020, 12:54 PM
I predict NDSU goes undefeated again this year.

I also predict my ISUr will not lose a game either. And speaking of ISUr, James Robinson looking good early 4 carriers 23 yards, and he had an 11 yard run erased by penalty.

Everything else is like listening to Charlie Brown's teacher ... wah wah wah, wah wah ....

Slow feed .. correction, Robinson has 8 carries 56 yards late in Q2

dewey
September 13th, 2020, 01:32 PM
I predict NDSU goes undefeated again this year.

A 3rd straight undefeated season! Awesome!

Dewey

SonuvaHenx2
September 13th, 2020, 05:57 PM
No idea why you didn't text me about this until 2 minutes ago xcoolx, but something fun sounds good

BEAR
September 13th, 2020, 09:41 PM
Man it's just too hard for me to rank any of these teams including my own . How do you rank teams that haven't played, teams that have played for paychecks against FBS schools and lost, and a team that will only play one game. It's fun to watch what others do in these rankings but man I just can't. xlolx

OhioHen
September 14th, 2020, 08:30 AM
Man it's just too hard for me to rank any of these teams including my own . How do you rank teams that haven't played, teams that have played for paychecks against FBS schools and lost,

So you're saying it's just like the first couple weeks of the poll when we have a "normal" season.

BEAR
September 14th, 2020, 09:18 AM
So you're saying it's just like the first couple weeks of the poll when we have a "normal" season.

Well kind of.... in a regular season we can see if team's have dominating players coming back or if they had high turnover, have added more talent to the squad with a great recruiting class or FBS transfers...or not, and if they have a schedule favorable to being good the first few weeks or if they were lambs to the paycheck slaughter.

As it stands, for example, NDSU will:
Only play ONE game this year
Have multiple game films on UCA
Have players rested and ready
Have a home game
Have returned tons of talent

UCA on the other hand:
Will have played 2 FBS schools (one which beat Kansas State)
Played in two FCS games
Only get TWO home games out of 9 all year.
Finish the year against yet another FBS team that beat Iowa State.

But you could look at the other teams playing and see their scenarios. In a regular year FCS schools wouldn't be playing 3 FBS schools....especially 2 this early. It's just a weird year to play and trying to rank them when their is such a disparage in not only number of games but quality of opponent is just not something I can do.

I don't expect my Bears to go into Fargo and win with odds against them like that. But I hardly call one game a season. So I really couldn't rank NDSU against the other teams who are playing mutiple games.
Is there a minimum number of games to be considered a season? I have no idea. But ONE isn't really a season worthy of getting the #1 spot.

I don't and didn't expect UCA to win any of the FBS games. I hoped we'd keep it close and the schedule looked favorable to do that...until Arky State beat Kansas State and ULL beat Iowa State...and we play NDSU....ugh....xlolx

But a regular season at least we can take into account other games early on...and since FCS teams only beat FBS teams 10% or less of the time then yes making a ranking early the first two weeks is tough..but at least you can get a feel for if a team is good by how they do against the FBS...there's no way to get a feel for how NDSU will do against UCA when it's so lopsided in scheduling that if favors then so heavily...

Hey as a fan I'm just glad we are playing...xthumbsupx