PDA

View Full Version : SWAC sets Spring 2021 Football Games

Backdraft
August 18th, 2020, 02:11 AM
The Southwestern Athletic Conference announced today the schedules for all 10 SWAC schools for the upcoming 2021 spring football season. The schedule includes one non-conference open date for each team and conference contests scheduled each week beginning in Week One.

Additionally, the league has designated a bye week for each team during the week of March 13 to ensure that fans and supporters have the opportunity to attend the Cricket Wireless Men’s and Women’s Basketball Tournaments (March 9-13).

Each SWAC team will play six conference football games to include four games against division opponents and two games against non-division opponents. Each member institution will also have the option to play one non-conference game. The season will officially kickoff the weekend of February 27 with five league games set to be played.

The football season will culminate with the Cricket Wireless SWAC Championship Game. The game is scheduled to be played on Saturday, May 1.

https://swac.org/news/2020/8/14/swac-releases-spring-2021-football-schedule.aspx

OhioHen
August 18th, 2020, 06:34 AM
Good to see that the conference has put solid plans in place.

I do have to laugh at a couple things listed on the schedule, though. I'm fairly certain they haven't moved the Texas State Fair to February and I KNOW that Labor Day hasn't been moved to March.

Backdraft
August 19th, 2020, 11:52 PM
Good to see that the conference has put solid plans in place.

I do have to laugh at a couple things listed on the schedule, though. I'm fairly certain they haven't moved the Texas State Fair to February and I KNOW that Labor Day hasn't been moved to March.

The State Fair Classic will still be played at the Cotton Bowl which is on the grounds of the State Fair. The Labor Day Classic has always been called that ever since it was started back in 1985. There has been a few times that the game has been moved to other dates due to other factors.

OhioHen
August 20th, 2020, 06:18 AM
The MEAC set a championship game on May 1 as well. Is a Celebration Bowl later in May something that's in the works?

OhioHen
September 16th, 2020, 09:59 AM
In addition to scheduling a non-conference game with Southern University, Jackson State has added Edward Waters as their opener in February.

https://fbschedules.com/jackson-state-adds-edwards-waters-to-2021-spring-football-schedule/

Professor
September 16th, 2020, 01:56 PM
The MEAC set a championship game on May 1 as well. Is a Celebration Bowl later in May something that's in the works?

that is the rumor at the moment

Anthony215
September 16th, 2020, 03:29 PM
that is the rumor at the moment

That would be awesome and at that point we should probably be allowed to at the least have 50% capacity at sporting venues which means if the game stays in Atlanta, they'd be able to have at least 35000 tickets to sale and bring revenue into both conference institutions.

OhioHen
September 23rd, 2020, 06:40 AM

Looks like the MEAC schedule will be changing and a Celebration Bowl is in question unless the MEAC is represented by their second place team or the champion is eliminated early enough from the playoffs to participate.

https://fbschedules.com/fcs-playoff-schedule-format-for-spring-2021-football-set/

The Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference (MEAC), which hasn’t participated in the FCS Playoffs since 2014, will send its champion to the playoff this Spring.

ASU33
September 23rd, 2020, 08:17 AM
Looks like the MEAC schedule will be changing and a Celebration Bowl is in question unless the MEAC is represented by their second place team or the champion is eliminated early enough from the playoffs to participate.

https://fbschedules.com/fcs-playoff-schedule-format-for-spring-2021-football-set/

The Celebration Bowl won't be played in the Spring. That announcement was made a while back. John Grant stated the next Celebration Bowl will be in December of 2021.

Professor
September 24th, 2020, 08:42 AM
The Celebration Bowl won't be played in the Spring. That announcement was made a while back. John Grant stated the next Celebration Bowl will be in December of 2021.

Don't really get the reasoning but i hope it gets extended beyond 21