PDA

View Full Version : Southern Jags fans excited for the spring football season

bluedog
August 17th, 2020, 10:54 PM
Southern Jags fans excited for the spring football season

Covid-19 forced a turnover in the SWAC football season. Despite the pandemic, the Southern Jags are heading back to the gridiron.

The atmosphere. Just getting up on a Saturday morning, coming up and seeing tailgates, smelling the food all the alumni and all of the locals around here showing love for the Jaguar nation” said Jovonte Brown, Senior, Southern University student.

Dontrail Dobison is a Jags fan who hasn’t missed a game in years. He said, while the announcement is good news. It’s still all about safety.

https://www.brproud.com/news/local-news/southern-jags-fans-excited-for-the-spring-football-season/

walliver
August 19th, 2020, 10:12 AM
Southern Jags fans excited for the spring football season

Covid-19 forced a turnover in the SWAC football season. Despite the pandemic, the Southern Jags are heading back to the gridiron.

The atmosphere. Just getting up on a Saturday morning, coming up and seeing tailgates, smelling the food all the alumni and all of the locals around here showing love for the Jaguar nation” said Jovonte Brown, Senior, Southern University student.

Dontrail Dobison is a Jags fan who hasn’t missed a game in years. He said, while the announcement is good news. It’s still all about safety.

https://www.brproud.com/news/local-news/southern-jags-fans-excited-for-the-spring-football-season/

I hope it is just bad grammar and Javonte doesn't really look forward to smelling the alumni and locals.

I am not sure what the excitement is about Spring Football. Unless Louisiana opens up and reached herd immunity in the next few months, the issues teams are currently facing won't be that different from now. Even when a vaccine is approved by the FDA, we won't really know for another 3-6 months after it enters routine usage if it actually works.

OhioHen
August 19th, 2020, 10:43 AM
I hope it is just bad grammar and Javonte doesn't really look forward to smelling the alumni and locals.

Modern newspapers and their websites are not known for proper editing. I'm sure the young person paused between the words "food" and "all" and that the grammatical failure is the reporter's/editor's rather than the student's.