PDA

View Full Version : Camp suspended at North Alabama after player walkout

ASU33
August 10th, 2020, 08:29 AM
Interesting..............

https://www.waff.com/2020/08/10/una-football-practices-suspended-after-player-walk-out/

walliver
August 10th, 2020, 08:56 AM
I suspect a lot of these walkouts are related to poor communication between coaches and players. It seems that at some schools, players are reporting to camp without really knowing what to expect.

Anthony215
August 10th, 2020, 12:17 PM
Why are FCS teams still even considering a fall season with the majority of the teams already having opted out and at best case scenario deferring to a possible spring season. Makes 0 sense for North Alabama to be practicing for a 5 game abbreviated fall season that probably wasn't going to happen anyways. CAA, MVFC, Big Sky, Ivy, SWAC, Patriot, Pioneer, MEAC, NEC all have cancelled their fall seasons. Not too much longer before Big South, OVC, Southern and Southland all throw their hands up in defeat as well.

CenMEBlackBearFan
August 10th, 2020, 12:24 PM
Why are FCS teams still even considering a fall season with the majority of the teams already having opted out and at best case scenario deferring to a possible spring season. Makes 0 sense for North Alabama to be practicing for a 5 game abbreviated fall season that probably wasn't going to happen anyways. CAA, MVFC, Big Sky, Ivy, SWAC, Patriot, Pioneer, MEAC, NEC all have cancelled their fall seasons. Not too much longer before Big South, OVC, Southern and Southland all throw their hands up in defeat as well.

Seems the only thing that could occur is something like this, cancel the season before players get sick or walkout.

Mocs123
August 10th, 2020, 12:59 PM
Because the NCAA hasn't announced a fall season, nor really any guidance that I have seen on what will happen to players 2020 eligibility if the season is canceled or postponed. From what I understand from Chattanooga the players want to play. My son is a HS player and he desperately wants to play. He'd probably be OK if the TSSAA postponed the season until spring, but doesn't want it to be canceled.

The NCAA needs to make a ruling, and not let individual schools and conferences do what they want. If for example the NCAA says yes to a spring season and some schools opt out that's OK, but right now it's the wild west.

Lion1983
August 10th, 2020, 01:11 PM
The coaches and ADs dont even really know what is going on to tell the players. I know at UNA, the athletic department is just as frustrated as the players.

willsfc
August 10th, 2020, 01:41 PM
note:

EDITOR’S NOTE: WAFF 48 incorrectly stated players walked off practice in protest on Saturday. Rather, a team meeting occurred with the team’s football leadership council,

Anthony215
August 10th, 2020, 01:49 PM
What is insane is a lot of FCS and G5 players transferred to P5 programs thinking they would be able to play out the 2020 season and now that's looking almost impossible so they still are sitting out a year before being able to play ball again unless the big boys play a spring season schedule as well. Those players who transferred up if they cancel the 2020 season all together will really be stuck as they'll be not only competing with the 2020 roster but incoming 2021 freshmen as well. Those stop gap QB transfers may end up riding the pine as a 2020 recruit essentially has a year to learn the playbook and still retain all 4 years of eligibility if not 5 years since the NCAA will have to halt the eligibility clock by a year if there is no 2020 season.

Bisonoline
August 10th, 2020, 02:38 PM
The NCAA needs to clarify the eligibility issues on whether players will lose a season or not. Nobody is going to feel comfortable until that is addressed.

smallcollegefbfan
August 12th, 2020, 03:22 PM
The NCAA needs to clarify the eligibility issues on whether players will lose a season or not. Nobody is going to feel comfortable until that is addressed.

From what I have been told players retain their eligibility if they don't play this year. From what I also gather, Trey Lance and anyone else can use this as a cover for free agency and go anywhere they want. Any word on your team? I figured you guys have more talent that FBS teams would want to try and poach than anyone else in FCS.

POD Knows
August 12th, 2020, 06:11 PM
From what I have been told players retain their eligibility if they don't play this year. From what I also gather, Trey Lance and anyone else can use this as a cover for free agency and go anywhere they want. Any word on your team? I figured you guys have more talent that FBS teams would want to try and poach than anyone else in FCS.
Nope, they all suck, ever seen the "all star" teams, almost no Bison on them ever. Get a couple guys once in a while but mostly meh.