PDA

View Full Version : What's up with Terrierfans.com?

WCgoterriers
August 5th, 2020, 03:23 PM
It's been offline for months? Any hope of WC fans/alums having our own board again?

ursus arctos horribilis
August 5th, 2020, 04:02 PM
It's been offline for months? Any hope of WC fans/alums having our own board again?

From what I understand it was sort of adrift for the last few years and the mods were not really to do too much in the background including getting in touch with the owner for whatever reason. I know Reign of Terrier wanted to start something but don't know if that is in process or not.

walliver
August 5th, 2020, 05:04 PM
There was a detailed description of the problem. Unfortunately, it was on terrierfans.com.

Dungeon Joe and Reign of Terrier were moderating it, but didn’t have full access. I haven’t seen either of them on AGS. Short of calling every Methodist minister named Joe in the South Carolina conference, I don’t know how to reach either one of them.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 5th, 2020, 05:22 PM
There was a detailed description of the problem. Unfortunately, it was on terrierfans.com.

Dungeon Joe and Reign of Terrier were moderating it, but didn’t have full access. I haven’t seen either of them on AGS. Short of calling every Methodist minister named Joe in the South Carolina conference, I don’t know how to reach either one of them.

I can get in touch with them and I will let them know about this thread so we can get some information.

Reign of Terrier
August 5th, 2020, 07:02 PM
Hey folks, I'm handling it...kinda.

I'm working with an IT professor at Wofford to set up something new (it won't be as good as AGS but we don't require the same capacity or fanciness). There is a website, but it's not ready. I'm finding myself really busy and or procrastinating learning how to run it and or improve it (my dad doesn't want to and hasn't for years and the reason why he added me on terrierfans was because of this) which tells me I should not be the one with this responsibility. My hearts not in it.

Wofford and FCS football is something I get really into in season by I forget about it for months when it's out. In some ways I treat it like a seasonal addiction. Not an attribute you want in a moderator!

It's just not a top priority for me right now. I'm at the point in my life where I'm learning that "if the answer to a commitment isn't hell yeah, it's no." If someone else wants to take up this responsibility I will gladly get you in touch with the IT professor and pass it on.