PDA

View Full Version : Emmert is unaware of the FCS Playoffs

bonarae
July 29th, 2020, 12:49 AM
Discuss... my words planned for this post are trollish, so I didn’t post.... xpeacex

https://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/07/28/mark-emmert-fcs-playoffs/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OhioHen
July 29th, 2020, 06:28 AM
Even the NCAA leadership doesn't care about its own Division I Football Championship.

Panther88
July 29th, 2020, 10:02 AM
The ncaa is owned by the P5 and their desires only. Others belonging to the organization are simply considered casualties and happenstance.

Winterborn
July 29th, 2020, 12:16 PM
To be fair, he probably just figured that they handed the trophy to NDSU normally and really hasn't had to concern himself with much of the details.

walliver
July 29th, 2020, 12:17 PM
Football is not a profit center for the NCAA. They really don’t care.

Bisonoline
July 29th, 2020, 02:39 PM
The ncaa is owned by the P5 and their desires only. Others belonging to the organization are simply considered casualties and happenstance.

Pretty much.

Bisonoline
July 29th, 2020, 02:40 PM
Football is not a profit center for the NCAA. They really don’t care.

It could be but they gave that up years ago when they let the old boys club run the bowel system.

walliver
July 29th, 2020, 02:59 PM
The NCAA did try to make money on football when the organization claimed that it has the exclusive broadcast rights for ALL NCAA games televised out of each schools home market. The courts took that away from them.

DFW HOYA
July 29th, 2020, 03:05 PM
The NCAA did try to make money on football when the organization claimed that it has the exclusive broadcast rights for ALL NCAA games televised out of each schools home market. The courts took that away from them.

It wasn't a claim. It was established NCAA policy until overturned by the Supreme Court.

"The initial restriction was supported by all of the NCAA member schools with the exception of Pennsylvania, who stated that they would continue to televise their home games. The NCAA declared that Pennsylvania was a member in bad standing, and the four schools scheduled to play them at home refused to do so. Pennsylvania then agreed to abide by the NCAA rules on televising games. From 1952 to 1977, the NCAA submitted an annual plan to all member schools, who voted on it by mail."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NCAA_v._Board_of_Regents_of_the_University_of_Okla homa