PDA

View Full Version : Pioneer Playing Only League Games

Baron Sardonicus
July 27th, 2020, 04:07 PM
Four schools were already planning to do this on their own.

http://www.pioneer-football.org/news/archives/2019/1570/pfl-announces-adjustments-to-2020-season/

This won't keep anyone out of airports. This won't keep anyone out of COVID hotspots.

This is about saving money on testing.

dbackjon
July 27th, 2020, 04:24 PM
Makes no sense - if it is too dangerous to play OOC games, it is too dangerous to play conference games.

Baron Sardonicus
July 27th, 2020, 04:38 PM
Makes no sense - if it is too dangerous to play OOC games, it is too dangerous to play conference games.

Right. With a couple of exceptions, road OOC games in the PFL would be bus trips. They'll say the decision was about safety, but it's always about the money. The irony is that USD and Drake will miss paydays that would have financed testing for the whole season.

unknown3
July 27th, 2020, 04:38 PM
Four schools were already planning to do this on their own.

http://www.pioneer-football.org/news/archives/2019/1570/pfl-announces-adjustments-to-2020-season/

This won't keep anyone out of airports. This won't keep anyone out of COVID hotspots.

This is about saving money on testing.

Doubt it. P5 couldn't care less about the cost of testing and they still went to conference only just the same. They did it because they know they shouldn't be playing to begin with but are trying to find ways around having to cancel the season.

Baron Sardonicus
July 27th, 2020, 04:42 PM
Doubt it. P5 couldn't care less about the cost of testing and they still went to conference only just the same.

This thread is about the Pioneer Football League.

NY Crusader 2010
July 27th, 2020, 08:04 PM
Consider me very surprised that the PFL didn't and has not folded the tent.

I will be shocked if at least a few members don't cancel on their own within the next 2 weeks.

DFW HOYA
July 27th, 2020, 08:32 PM
Consider me very surprised that the PFL didn't and has not folded the tent.

All that negativism from the Crossports is hard to shake, I guess.

I won't be surprised when a future post over there asks: "Will HC ever play football again?"

bonarae
July 27th, 2020, 08:53 PM
Wow. PFL is carrying on but they will probably regret it... xcoffeex

cx500d
July 27th, 2020, 09:05 PM
Wow. PFL is carrying on but they will probably regret it... xcoffeex
USD wants to get one last title before St. Thomas wins the next 1,000,000 titles

Baron Sardonicus
July 27th, 2020, 11:50 PM
USD wants to get one last title before St. Thomas wins the next 1,000,000 titles

Nah. St. Thomas is Dayton lite. Slightly smaller school, no Stagg Bowl wins.

We're talking about a team that finished third in the MIAC two seasons ago. They have work to do.

walliver
July 28th, 2020, 11:51 AM
The Pioneer League would be better off from a COVID standpoint by cancelling their conference games and only playing local OOC games.

wapiti
July 28th, 2020, 11:52 AM

One could also look at the other side of this coin.

If it is safe enough to play conference games it is safe enough to play OOC games.

dbackjon
July 28th, 2020, 03:17 PM
One could also look at the other side of this coin.

If it is safe enough to play conference games it is safe enough to play OOC games.

Potato/Potatoe. Same point. Playing an OOC game is the same level of risk as a conference game.

And as the Marlins have shown, it only takes one guy to infect everyone.