PDA

View Full Version : MVFC will play football this fall

wapiti
July 27th, 2020, 02:42 PM
https://247sports.com/college/north-dakota-state/Article/Sources-Valley-to-play-football-149564577/

bluedog
July 27th, 2020, 02:46 PM
Per multiple sources, the Missouri Valley Football Conference will announce this week that they do not plan to cancel their fall football season, barring an outbreak or “other unforeseen circumstances”. https://media3.giphy.com/media/BIZkwFtu2xDlS/giphy.gif?cid=349c9dd7cji5h404axqe6v0j9zehwzgrsi5j butjouoscmrv&rid=giphy.gif

ccd494
July 27th, 2020, 02:54 PM
Question, what if an outbreak in one of these states that is not being diligent is completely foreseen?

ST_Lawson
July 27th, 2020, 03:29 PM
The Missouri Valley Football Conference Presidents Council has determined patience is warranted regarding any decision to modify the 2020 Fall season, seeing merit in delaying as long as there remains a possibility to provide a safe competitive opportunity for MVFC student-athletes.

The MVFC and its Presidents Council will continue to monitor national developments and, if necessary, will consider additional action as dictated by circumstances.

https://valley-football.org/news/2020/7/27/football-mvfc-statement-on-2020-fall-season.aspx

Go Green
July 27th, 2020, 03:55 PM
If they can find a way to pull it off safely, all power to them...

Godspeed, MVFC!

NDSU1980
July 27th, 2020, 04:53 PM
What a joke of an announcement. Bunch of hype and then nothing

clenz
July 27th, 2020, 05:29 PM
No one hyped it outside of NDSU media.

Drblankstare
July 27th, 2020, 10:25 PM
Everyone wants to wait and see what the power conferences do. I’m assuming they are going to play. I really have no idea what the NCAA is going to say about an FCS season.

SUPharmacist
July 27th, 2020, 10:59 PM
No one hyped it outside of NDSU media.

I don't think anyone expected it to be the MVFC will absolutely play. But it would have been nice if they shared some guidance on plans. What scenarios would scuttle the season? What are the member schools doing to try and ensure a safe environment? I just expected a little more information. This statement was devoid of any info and I do not understand why they bothered to release it at all.

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 28th, 2020, 05:52 AM
I don't think anyone expected it to be the MVFC will absolutely play. But it would have been nice if they shared some guidance on plans. What scenarios would scuttle the season? What are the member schools doing to try and ensure a safe environment? I just expected a little more information. This statement was devoid of any info and I do not understand why they bothered to release it at all.

To keep fans dangling. To keep our hopes up.

Odds are there will be no season at this level.

Bisonator
July 28th, 2020, 10:31 AM
My guess is they were going to announce that they were going forward with a full conference season as planned but the Marlins fiasco thru a wrench in those plans so they had to kick the can a little further down the road. Will be interesting to see how that MLB situation unfolds and it could very likely effect other sports decisions going forward. If you want to see sports this year better hope they get that under control ASAP.

Redbird 4th & short
July 28th, 2020, 01:23 PM
To keep fans dangling. To keep our hopes up.

Odds are there will be no season at this level.

unfortunately ... this !!!

dbackjon
July 28th, 2020, 01:53 PM
My guess is they were going to announce that they were going forward with a full conference season as planned but the Marlins fiasco thru a wrench in those plans so they had to kick the can a little further down the road. Will be interesting to see how that MLB situation unfolds and it could very likely effect other sports decisions going forward. If you want to see sports this year better hope they get that under control ASAP.

Yup - if a pro team with all the resources they have can't stop an outbreak, what are the chances schools on a small budget can?

Big Cats
July 28th, 2020, 04:01 PM
Yup - if a pro team with all the resources they have can't stop an outbreak, what are the chances schools on a small budget can? Remember we're talking about Florida where there is an unprecedented outbreak due to their government officials re-opening the state with almost no precautions to control a 2nd outbreak. The states in the MVFC footprint have better control.

walliver
July 29th, 2020, 09:36 AM
Remember we're talking about Florida where there is an unprecedented outbreak due to their government officials re-opening the state with almost no precautions to control a 2nd outbreak. The states in the MVFC footprint have better control.

After COVID passes, I hope the word "unprecendented" is banned and only referred to as "The U-word". Is there really anything going on in Florida that hasn't already happened in New York and other places - other than the presence of Florida Man?

POD Knows
July 29th, 2020, 09:44 AM
Remember we're talking about Florida where there is an unprecedented outbreak due to their government officials re-opening the state with almost no precautions to control a 2nd outbreak. The states in the MVFC footprint have better control.Unprecedented??? Really Sherlock, you been in a coma for the past 5 months or are you just being "selective".

AmsterBison
July 29th, 2020, 10:27 AM
Right now, I'd say a more accurate title for this thread would be "MVFC will not not play football this year... so far."

Sader87
July 29th, 2020, 04:48 PM
There will not be a single game played at the FCS-level this Fall

wapiti
July 29th, 2020, 05:52 PM

There it is. Direct from the mouth of Sader87. To bad he is not a fan of college football or he would argue for college football being played.

He could care less for all the effort the teams have put in preparing for the upcoming season. He could care less for all the workers at these college games not having a job.
He could care less for the disappointed fans who have been looking forward to the season and the mental release it provides by cheering on your team and thus provide for better mental health for these fans.

The people arguing for no football season this fall are some cold-hearted people.

No_Skill
July 29th, 2020, 05:58 PM
Covid could care less about any of the above statements.

unknown3
July 29th, 2020, 06:01 PM
There it is. Direct from the mouth of Sader87. To bad he is not a fan of college football or he would argue for college football being played.

He could care less for all the effort the teams have put in preparing for the upcoming season. He could care less for all the workers at these college games not having a job.
He could care less for the disappointed fans who have been looking forward to the season and the mental release it provides by cheering on your team and thus provide for better mental health for these fans.

The people arguing for no football season this fall are some cold-hearted people.

My mind simply won't allow me to believe that this is a serious post.

kdinva
July 29th, 2020, 08:42 PM

+1

Sader87
July 29th, 2020, 08:49 PM
I am a HUGE fan of 1-AA football....unfortunately it won't be played this Fall

wapiti
July 29th, 2020, 10:36 PM
My mind simply won't allow me to believe that this is a serious post.

You just have a simple mind.

blueGOldMOCS
July 30th, 2020, 05:59 AM
I am a HUGE fan of 1-AA football....unfortunately it won't be played this Fall

What is I-AA football? I know about FCS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JacksFan40
July 30th, 2020, 11:49 AM
Season’s not happening, end of story.
At least we got the WNBA back xlolx

unknown3
July 30th, 2020, 03:25 PM
You just have a simple mind.

Ive seen your post history... your opinion is probably the least relevant on here.

cx500d
July 30th, 2020, 03:35 PM
Ive seen your post history... your opinion is probably the least relevant on here.
at least he has a post history

POD Knows
July 30th, 2020, 06:23 PM
Ive seen your post history... your opinion is probably the least relevant on here.71 posts, join date 10 years ago, no team referenced, I can't hardly image a less relevant poster on this board.

Bisonoline
July 30th, 2020, 06:43 PM

You obviously havent read your own postings.

BisonTru
July 30th, 2020, 07:37 PM

But how much less could he care??? Your MSU education is showing.

Btw, to help you out with some more comprehension the OP didn't state "they shouldn't have a season." The OP gave a prediction that a single game won't be played in FCS, and given our current situation it's not that far off of a prediction. Hell, some other posters have stated the same, but for odd reasons didn't get the midol infused response.

Catbooster
August 2nd, 2020, 01:38 PM

Sader, could you please write your posts more clearly?

When I read your comment I didn't pick up on it that you were arguing against having any football this fall. I thought it was just your prediction of what would happen. But thanks to Wapiti, I now realize you don't want football to occur and you don't care about anyone or anything involved with football. I should have highlighted your post - maybe there was some subliminal message in a white font or something?

kdinva
August 2nd, 2020, 03:40 PM

....words from Mr. "the sky is falling"....

Sader87
August 2nd, 2020, 06:41 PM
....words from Mr. "the sky is falling"....

I highly doubt there will much FBS or even NFL football this Fall either. They may try but it will unravel quickly.

We won't see football (pop warner, HS, college or pro) until a vaccine becomes widely available unfortunately.

TheKingpin28
August 2nd, 2020, 10:04 PM
I highly doubt there will much FBS or even NFL football this Fall either. They may try but it will unravel quickly.

We won't see football (pop warner, HS, college or pro) until a vaccine becomes widely available unfortunately.Too much TV money to lose. A season will happen.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

unknown3
August 3rd, 2020, 07:36 AM
It'll happen for a week, two tops. And that's even if all of the kids agree to play considering many are starting to have doubts.

mmiller_34
August 3rd, 2020, 07:41 AM
71 posts, join date 10 years ago, no team referenced, I can't hardly image a less relevant poster on this board.

HOLD MY BEER.

NDSUtk
August 3rd, 2020, 07:40 PM
Indiana State sends everyone to quarantine.

https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/status/1290416900565082115?s=19