bluedog
July 25th, 2020, 10:01 AM
@Panther88 have you seen this?

https://twitter.com/OBN_Radio/status/1286945247801548801?s=19

dewey
July 25th, 2020, 11:00 AM
@Panther88 have you seen this?

https://twitter.com/OBN_Radio/status/1286945247801548801?s=19

Why is he a POS? He is intending to follow the contract and pay $500k (assuming that is the buyout amount for the game)? Especially when La Tech probably doesn't have to because of the pandemic.

I bet NDSU and a lot of other schools are not getting anything for their cancelled games.

Edit....Thanks to cx for the explanation that La Tech is trying to get Prairie View A&M to pay La Tech. I missed that. My mistake.

Dewey

cx500d
July 25th, 2020, 11:03 AM
Why is he a POS? He is intending to follow the contract and pay $500k (assuming that is the buyout amount for the game)? Especially when La Tech probably doesn't have to because of the pandemic.

I bet NDSU and a lot of other schools are not getting anything for their cancelled games.

Dewey

No, he is going after Prairie View for the $500K because Prairie View cancelled the game (and season.) This opens a whole can of worms with the Pac 12, Big 10 etc., that are only cancelling OOC games.

bluedog
July 25th, 2020, 11:04 AM

Dewey.https://media1.giphy.com/media/q5ZGrl0J65ivu/giphy.gif?cid=349c9dd7can2rh2obgto7f38guqxaj8f9ars 4upogp8mv5px&rid=giphy.gif

dewey
July 25th, 2020, 11:08 AM
No, he is going after Prairie View for the $500K because Prairie View cancelled the game (and season.) This opens a whole can of worms with the Pac 12, Big 10 etc., that are only cancelling OOC games.

Ahh. Ok. I now understand. It was not clear to me from reading the tweet. Prairie View A&M should be able to win that battle because of the pandemic. I thought i had heard before that theses NCAA game contracts have some sort of 'act of God' clause in the contract.

Dewey

POD Knows
July 25th, 2020, 11:11 AM
No, he is going after Prairie View for the $500K because Prairie View cancelled the game (and season.) This opens a whole can of worms with the Pac 12, Big 10 etc., that are only cancelling OOC games.These schools that are only cancelling OOC games need to pay the **** up. If they can play conference games, they can play OOC games and this excuse about no "control" over covid at schools that are out of conference or some travel BS is just that, BS. **** em, write a check.

bluedog
July 25th, 2020, 11:12 AM
So far, four other nonconference games involving Louisiana schools have been canceled: Tulane's Sept. 12 game against the Big Ten's Northwestern; Nicholls State's Sept. 5 game against the SWAC's Mississippi Valley State; and Louisiana Tech and Northwestern State's separate games against Prairie View, another SWAC member.

Nicholls State, Louisiana Tech and Northwestern State were scheduled to pay their SWAC opponents a total of $462,500, but the league's move to play football in the spring doesn't necessarily mean that payments won't be made.

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/sports/lsu/article_98c2d28e-cd07-11ea-a41a-4360f9d6b102.html

POD Knows
July 25th, 2020, 11:12 AM
Ahh. Ok. I now understand. It was not clear to me from reading the tweet. Prairie View A&M should be able to win that battle because of the pandemic. I thought i had heard before that theses NCAA game contracts have some sort of 'act of God' clause in the contract.

DeweyWhat is your opinion on schools playing conference games but cancelling the OOC games, should they pay, ****ing right they should.

cx500d
July 25th, 2020, 11:16 AM
What is your opinion on schools playing conference games but cancelling the OOC games, should they pay, ****ing right they should.

I think they certainly are more liable than schools that cancel a whole season. I think they are more likely to get covid from playing their huge school conference teams that smaller FCS schools with smaller teams, smaller staffs, and usually smaller student populations. To me, it seems like they are just trying to get out of their "pay the money" games since they will not have as much revenue coming in to cover it.

That said, I think if FCS schools start going after BCS schools for cancellation fees, they will probably be blackballed later.

Panther88
July 25th, 2020, 12:20 PM
@blue, I saw that yesterday. la tech replaced PV w/ HBU, who signed a contract w/ them so they do have a game to play on that date. He's following protocol and is seeking notoriety so let the dummy have his moment under the sun.

I'll ride this out and watch the TAMUS braintrust and legal beagles come to their own conclusion w/ those people. I stand behind the SWAC position to suspend and then re-assess fall sports in the spring w/ regards to the pandemic.

The game vs nwst was a home and home. Perhaps we should transition that to a never and never ever again vs them. lol xlolx

bluedog
July 25th, 2020, 12:29 PM
@blue, I saw that yesterday. la tech replaced PV w/ HBU, who signed a contract w/ them so they do have a game to play on that date. He's following protocol and is seeking notoriety so let the dummy have his moment under the sun.

I'll ride this out and watch the TAMUS braintrust and legal beagles come to their own conclusion w/ those people. I stand behind the SWAC position to suspend and then re-assess fall sports in the spring w/ regards to the pandemic.

The game vs nwst was a home and home. Perhaps we should transition that to a never and never ever again vs them. lol xlolxI was telling my son that's not a road LaTech want to go down. Especially how much them and all Louisiana FBS school not named LSU depends on SWAC games to bolster their attendance and budget

Milktruck74
July 25th, 2020, 12:35 PM
My understanding of contract law is very limited, but unless it is expressly stated in the first contract, the stipulations with a 3rd party in a second contract have should no bearing on the original contractual obligations of the parties in the first contract. In this case the original contract is between the two teams and the second contract is between the teams and their conference. I can't forego my mortgage payment because my auto lender repossessed my car?????

bluedog
July 25th, 2020, 01:58 PM
My understanding of contract law is very limited, but unless it is expressly stated in the first contract, the stipulations with a 3rd party in a second contract have should no bearing on the original contractual obligations of the parties in the first contract. In this case the original contract is between the two teams and the second contract is between the teams and their conference. I can't forego my mortgage payment because my auto lender repossessed my car?????I think the article does a pretty good job of explaining the language

dewey
July 25th, 2020, 02:09 PM
What is your opinion on schools playing conference games but cancelling the OOC games, should they pay, ****ing right they should.

I personally don't think host schools should have to pay a buyout for canceling a game because of the pandemic even if they have conference games.

Dewey

dewey
July 25th, 2020, 02:18 PM
So far, four other nonconference games involving Louisiana schools have been canceled: Tulane's Sept. 12 game against the Big Ten's Northwestern; Nicholls State's Sept. 5 game against the SWAC's Mississippi Valley State; and Louisiana Tech and Northwestern State's separate games against Prairie View, another SWAC member.

Nicholls State, Louisiana Tech and Northwestern State were scheduled to pay their SWAC opponents a total of $462,500, but the league's move to play football in the spring doesn't necessarily mean that payments won't be made.

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/sports/lsu/article_98c2d28e-cd07-11ea-a41a-4360f9d6b102.html

It seems like from the srticle that Prairie View A&M would be covered under this paragraph below.

The deal, which had Louisiana Tech paying Prairie View $350,000, has a smaller force majeure clause, listing only "Acts of God and nature" and "Acts of Common Enemy." Moreteau said the pandemic qualifies under the phrase "nature."

I also don't think playing other games (i.e. conference games) and not playing some OOC affect each other as another poster has stated.

Seems to me that Prairie View A&M should not have to pay.

Dewey

dewey
July 25th, 2020, 02:19 PM
I think the article does a pretty good judge of explaining the language

Agreed. Good article describing the clauses for different contracts.

Dewey

POD Knows
July 25th, 2020, 02:45 PM
I personally don't think host schools should have to pay a buyout for canceling a game because of the pandemic even if they have conference games.

DeweyWhy, please try and insert some logic into your response, I get that you are gone on this subject but for the love of all things holy, what is your response from a legal and intellectual stand point. God, I freaking hate these vapid responses to the subjects at hand.

McNeese75
July 25th, 2020, 02:52 PM
xlolx That's what happens when you negotiate with Tommy Mac. (Former McNeese AD) POS would probably be appropriate

dewey
July 25th, 2020, 03:06 PM
Why, please try and insert some logic into your response, I get that you are gone on this subject but for the love of all things holy, what is your response from a legal and intellectual stand point. God, I freaking hate these vapid responses to the subjects at hand.

I would argue that the pandemic is an act of God which it sounds like is typically added into a contract between schools for sporting events. Also the contract is between team A and team B only. The contract has no mention of a team C or other conference games in the contract document. It is a contract in a vacuum between 2 universities for a specified time, date and amount to be paid.

I could also understand how someone could argue that if the pandemic is bad enough there shouldn't be any games and that is where I believe it gets really messy.

I know this isn't an NDSU thread but there was a pretty good article about NDSU vs Oregon. See the link below and excerpt.

https://www.dl-online.com/sports/football/6573946-Could-NDSU-sue-Oregon-Maybe-but-it-would-come-with-ramifications

In theory, would NDSU be open to bringing litigation into the matter? James Crepea, who covers the Ducks for the The Oregonian newspaper and OregonLive.com in Portland, Ore., tweeted “expect mass lawsuits over force majeure if P5 still play conference games in the fall.”

If NDSU did go that route, Chris Kennelly of Kennelly Business Law in Fargo, said there could be scenarios in proving inconsistency with the “catastrophe” wording of the contract. For instance, why would the COVID-19 pandemic be a catastrophe on Sept. 5 and not three weeks later if Oregon plays league-games only?

“It’s almost like cancel all the games or cancel none of the games, which of course none of us want to see all the games canceled,” Kennelly said. “But it is a little inconsistent to say on Sept. 5 we need to isolate the team but (later in September) we don’t.”

Dewey

Bisonoline
July 25th, 2020, 03:12 PM
It seems like from the srticle that Prairie View A&M would be covered under this paragraph below.

The deal, which had Louisiana Tech paying Prairie View $350,000, has a smaller force majeure clause, listing only "Acts of God and nature" and "Acts of Common Enemy." Moreteau said the pandemic qualifies under the phrase "nature."

I also don't think playing other games (i.e. conference games) and not playing some OOC affect each other as another poster has stated.

Seems to me that Prairie View A&M should not have to pay.

Dewey

I dont think you can selectively apply those clauses when you want to. You cant just say we arent plying you but these other games are ok. Shouldnt make any difference whether the games are OOC or in conference.

dewey
July 25th, 2020, 03:14 PM
I dont think you can selectively apply those clauses when you want to. You cant just say we arent plying you but these other games are ok. Shouldnt make any difference whether the games are OOC or in conference.

I agree and that is where I think it gets very messy. Per the article link I added above via an edit.

https://www.dl-online.com/sports/football/6573946-Could-NDSU-sue-Oregon-Maybe-but-it-would-come-with-ramifications

If NDSU for example were to sue a P5 they could very well be blackballed.

Now if there is no football at all I think it is very simple.

Dewey

POD Knows
July 25th, 2020, 03:19 PM
I would argue that the pandemic is an act of God which it sounds like is typically added into a contract between schools for sporting events. Also the contract is between team A and team B only. The contract has no mention of a team C or other conference games in the contract document. It is a contract in a vacuum between 2 universities for a specified time, date and amount to be paid.

I could also understand how someone could argue that if the pandemic is bad enough there shouldn't be any games and that is where I believe it gets really messy.

I know this isn't an NDSU thread but there was a pretty good article about NDSU vs Oregon. See the link below and excerpt.

In theory, would NDSU be open to bringing litigation into the matter? James Crepea, who covers the Ducks for the The Oregonian newspaper and OregonLive.com in Portland, Ore., tweeted “expect mass lawsuits over force majeure if P5 still play conference games in the fall.”

If NDSU did go that route, Chris Kennelly of Kennelly Business Law in Fargo, said there could be scenarios in proving inconsistency with the “catastrophe” wording of the contract. For instance, why would the COVID-19 pandemic be a catastrophe on Sept. 5 and not three weeks later if Oregon plays league-games only?

“It’s almost like cancel all the games or cancel none of the games, which of course none of us want to see all the games canceled,” Kennelly said. “But it is a little inconsistent to say on Sept. 5 we need to isolate the team but (later in September) we don’t.”

Dewey You didn't answer this from a legal standpoint, if you can play a game against team A and you have a contract with team B and you default on the contract with team B for reasons that you do not employ with team A, you got issues. You cannot hide behind Covid to cancel games for which you have to write a check and then play the rest of the games under the same circumstances. I just doesn't fly in a common sense arena but when has that mattered. They are in breach if they cancel an OOC game and then continue to play other games in the existing environment.

dewey
July 25th, 2020, 03:40 PM
You didn't answer this from a legal standpoint, if you can play a game against team A and you have a contract with team B and you default on the contract with team B for reasons that you do not employ with team A, you got issues. You cannot hide behind Covid to cancel games for which you have to write a check and then play the rest of the games under the same circumstances. I just doesn't fly in a common sense arena but when has that mattered. They are in breach if they cancel an OOC game and then continue to play other games in the existing environment.

I did reply with my legal thinking in terms of team A and team B not having anything to do with team C or conference. I do understand that it gets messy when some games are ok but others are not.

I can easily see how people could see it either way. I never said i am right or you are wrong. I just tried to explain my thinking and how I got there but acknowledged that I could easily see how others could see this as a breach of contract if conference games are played after OOC games have been canceled.

I will also acknowledge that I am not a lawyer so this is certainly not my area of expertise but that is why I posted the link to article about NDSU vs Oregon.

I am fine with agreeing to disagree as I am not trying to prove I am right or others are wrong. This is truly unprecedented times.

Dewey

POD Knows
July 25th, 2020, 03:51 PM
I did reply with my legal thinking in terms of team A and team B not having anything to do with team C or conference. I do understand that it gets messy when some games are ok but others are not.

I can easily see how people could see it either way. I never said i am right or you are wrong. I just tried to explain my thinking and how I got there but acknowledged that I could easily see how others could see this as a breach of contract if conference games are played after OOC games have been canceled.

I will also acknowledge that I am not a lawyer so this is certainly not my area of expertise but that is why I posted the link to article about NDSU vs Oregon.

I am fine with agreeing to disagree as I am not trying to prove I am right or others are wrong. This is truly unprecedented times.

Dewey
It is easy from a legal stand point when you consider relative actions conducted by one of the parties. Actually, if a college sues another college for breach in these circumstances and the the college that was found in breach attempts to retaliate in any manner, that is probably a bigger misstep that the original breach. All of these schools that has games cancelled by colleges that continue to play conference schedules, need to sue. This needs to be played out or you will get colleges cancelling **** for all sorts of reasons.

dewey
July 25th, 2020, 03:54 PM
It is easy from a legal stand point when you consider relative actions conducted by one of the parties. Actually, if a college sues another college for breach in these circumstances and the the college that was found in breach attempts to retaliate in any manner, that is probably a bigger misstep that the original breach. All of these schools that has games cancelled by colleges that continue to play conference schedules, need to sue. This needs to be played out or you will get colleges cancelling **** for all sorts of reasons.

Perhaps you are right. The article about the NDSU vs Oregon game discussed this with a lawyer from Fargo. He pointed out that you may become blackballed that way. It doesn't have to be anything official to have a team blackballed. I doubt NDSU sues Oregon as they would have virtually no chance of FBS games going foward and we all know how hard it is.

Dewey

POD Knows
July 25th, 2020, 04:01 PM
Perhaps you are right. The article about the NDSU vs Oregon game discussed this with a lawyer from Fargo. He pointed out that you may become blackballed that way. It doesn't have to be anything official to have a team blackballed. I doubt NDSU sues Oregon as they would have virtually no chance of FBS games going foward and we all know how hard it is.

DeweyNo, you sue, you get the judgement and then the actions of the defendant are more closely scrutinized and any and all appearance of collusion or other potentially misconduct are under a microscope. This is how you possibly eliminate or minimize this type of black balling. An organization that takes punitive action after being judged in breach in a separate lawsuit have a higher burden or standard to maintain when it comes to future actions or causes.

Bisonoline
July 25th, 2020, 04:05 PM

Dewey

You cant be held hostage on whether youre going to get a game or not. If they are going to play then play them all. If not then pay the buy out or dont play at all.

Professor
July 25th, 2020, 04:09 PM
I hope PVA&M and the SWAC boycott games with La Tech moving forward

dewey
July 25th, 2020, 04:38 PM
I hope PVA&M and the SWAC boycott games with La Tech moving forward

Agreed. The hard thing is the SWAC may need to games more then La Tech from purely a financial standpoint.

Very difficult decision.

Dewey

cx500d
July 25th, 2020, 05:11 PM
Class action suit by a sleezy lawyer "on behalf of all FCS schools" that way we are held blameless

WestCoastAggie
July 25th, 2020, 06:43 PM
Agreed. The hard thing is the SWAC may need to games more then La Tech from purely a financial standpoint.

Very difficult decision.

Dewey
This one of the motivating factors why not everyone canceled their seasons and why some teams from conferences that shut things down are going to play indy schedules or play in another conference.

bluedog
July 25th, 2020, 06:54 PM

Very difficult decision.

DeweyThis has got the be the funniest post I've seen this entire year. There's only one P5 schools in the state of Louisiana. All the rest are nothing more then glorified FCS schools. The SWAC schools would probably earn a bigger pay day if the visited Fargo.

Cajun Field has served as the home of Ragin’ Cajuns football since September 1971. The stadium has undergone changes twice in its history with capacity increased to 31,000 beginning in 1992 before updated seating in the south end zone prior to the 2014 season expanded Cajun Field to 41,426.

https://ragincajuns.com/facilities/cajun-field/5https://media3.giphy.com/media/65ODCwM00NVmEyLsX3/giphy.gif?cid=349c9dd70glknzf75crxz17gyvb3ohdtkim2 v898nt074meh&rid=giphy.gif

POD Knows
July 25th, 2020, 07:10 PM
This has got the be the funniest post I've seen this entire year. There's only one P5 schools in the state of Louisiana. All the rest are nothing more then glorified FCS schools. The SWAC schools would probably earn a bigger pay day if the visited Fargo.

Cajun Field has served as the home of Ragin’ Cajuns football since September 1971. The stadium has undergone changes twice in its history with capacity increased to 31,000 beginning in 1992 before updated seating in the south end zone prior to the 2014 season expanded Cajun Field to 41,426.

https://ragincajuns.com/facilities/cajun-field/5https://media3.giphy.com/media/65ODCwM00NVmEyLsX3/giphy.gif?cid=349c9dd70glknzf75crxz17gyvb3ohdtkim2 v898nt074meh&rid=giphy.gifWhat do the Ragin Cajuns have to do with Louisiana Tech? xconfusedx

cx500d
July 25th, 2020, 07:15 PM
What do the Ragin Cajuns have to do with Louisiana Tech? xconfusedx
Good point, its almost as if Blueballs doesn't know anything about college football teams in Louisiana....

Bisonoline
July 25th, 2020, 07:16 PM

xlolxxthumbsupx

bluedog
July 25th, 2020, 07:22 PM
Cognitive thinking hasn't ever been a strong suit with trolls https://media2.giphy.com/media/KBaxHrT7rkeW5ma77z/giphy.gif?cid=349c9dd786z8dligbd7ot6du96sc9xfpt2th 5utbnn2jymb6&rid=giphy.gif

bluedog
July 25th, 2020, 07:28 PM

Very difficult decision.

Dewey

Does this help you rocket scientists out?

Agreed. The hard thing is the SWAC may need to "PLAY THE" games more then La Tech from purely a financial standpoint.

Very difficult decision.

Deweyhttps://media2.giphy.com/media/c12vYfKIs2WRi/giphy.gif?cid=349c9dd7zmmnhcm6vngxjt7wjrho5oafasic s7qv2hm90xwn&rid=giphy.gif

cx500d
July 25th, 2020, 07:28 PM
Cognitive thinking hasn't ever been a strong suit with trolls https://media2.giphy.com/media/KBaxHrT7rkeW5ma77z/giphy.gif?cid=349c9dd786z8dligbd7ot6du96sc9xfpt2th 5utbnn2jymb6&rid=giphy.gif

And accuracy has never been one of your strong suits. Idiocy is really all you are good at...and posting lots of links.

POD Knows
July 25th, 2020, 07:29 PM
Cognitive thinking hasn't ever been a strong suit with trolls https://media2.giphy.com/media/KBaxHrT7rkeW5ma77z/giphy.gif?cid=349c9dd786z8dligbd7ot6du96sc9xfpt2th 5utbnn2jymb6&rid=giphy.gifOk, lets take a run at this, Dewey made a point that the SWAC teams might get hurt by this more that Tech because of finances, Blueballs gave props to Fargo because we are awesome and would probably pay more than the LA schools or something and called Dewey's post funny, trashed the LA football teams, except LSU, cited a stadium expansion for the Ragin Cajuns as some sort of example of mediocrity for the LA football teams. That about sum it up?

bluedog
July 25th, 2020, 07:54 PM
Ok, lets take a run at this, Dewey made a point that the SWAC teams might get hurt by this more that Tech because of finances, Blueballs gave props to Fargo because we are awesome and would probably pay more than the LA schools or something and called Dewey's post funny, trashed the LA football teams, except LSU, cited a stadium expansion for the Ragin Cajuns as some sort of example of mediocrity for the LA football teams. That about sum it up?Jesus freaking Christ! Are you trolls really this freaking slow? @Panther88 do you see this? https://media2.giphy.com/media/XeLcgh8gT8o0F5SQ8i/giphy.gif?cid=349c9dd786z8dligbd7ot6du96sc9xfpt2th 5utbnn2jymb6&rid=giphy.gifhttps://media2.giphy.com/media/aTXHpCN7TSpmE/giphy.gif?cid=349c9dd70glknzf75crxz17gyvb3ohdtkim2 v898nt074meh&rid=giphy.gifhttps://media2.giphy.com/media/Z9OGuQyrfHAE8/giphy.gif?cid=349c9dd70glknzf75crxz17gyvb3ohdtkim2 v898nt074meh&rid=giphy.gif

BEAR
July 25th, 2020, 10:12 PM
The ignorance continues..... <insert laughing emojis> <insert useless ethnic memes> <dodge questions>

Same old, same old ....

Laker
July 25th, 2020, 10:16 PM

You won't get an answer. All he wanted to do was make fun of Dewey who was asking a legitimate question.

bluedog
July 25th, 2020, 10:21 PM
The ignorance continues..... <insert laughing emojis> <insert useless ethnic memes> <dodge questions>

Same old, same old ....So says the rocket scientist that obviously doesn't know the definition of the word ignorance and how to use it in its proper context.

BEAR
July 25th, 2020, 10:33 PM
So says the rocket scientist that obviously doesn't know the definition of the word ignorance and how to use it in its proper context.

Bam! You keep doing you! <insert laughing emojis> <etc etc>

bluedog
July 25th, 2020, 10:47 PM
Bam! You keep doing you! <insert laughing emojis> <etc etc>What's wrong? Don't have a dictionary near by? https://media2.giphy.com/media/26n6Gx9moCgs1pUuk/giphy.gif?cid=349c9dd7606389109d7db96668ebc7f82701 92b361920f48&rid=giphy.gif

bluedog
July 25th, 2020, 10:48 PM
Bam! You keep doing you! <insert laughing emojis> <etc etc>Wait a minute let me do it for you. https://media2.giphy.com/media/o9ggk5IMcYlKE/giphy.gif?cid=349c9dd7lt3t6ge443j38mjch1w1za3oi4uk drbmzch5a7mu&rid=giphy.gifhttps://media2.giphy.com/media/26n6Gx9moCgs1pUuk/giphy.gif?cid=349c9dd78f91d866e75235be18c9e3bff7cc 1a4a1d844718&rid=giphy.gif

Panther88
July 26th, 2020, 04:24 AM
Jesus freaking Christ! Are you trolls really this freaking slow? @Panther88 do you see this? https://media2.giphy.com/media/XeLcgh8gT8o0F5SQ8i/giphy.gif?cid=349c9dd786z8dligbd7ot6du96sc9xfpt2th 5utbnn2jymb6&rid=giphy.gifhttps://media2.giphy.com/media/aTXHpCN7TSpmE/giphy.gif?cid=349c9dd70glknzf75crxz17gyvb3ohdtkim2 v898nt074meh&rid=giphy.gifhttps://media2.giphy.com/media/Z9OGuQyrfHAE8/giphy.gif?cid=349c9dd70glknzf75crxz17gyvb3ohdtkim2 v898nt074meh&rid=giphy.gif

Lawd... xsmhx

Panther88
July 26th, 2020, 04:25 AM
Wait a minute let me do it for you. https://media2.giphy.com/media/o9ggk5IMcYlKE/giphy.gif?cid=349c9dd7lt3t6ge443j38mjch1w1za3oi4uk drbmzch5a7mu&rid=giphy.gifhttps://media2.giphy.com/media/26n6Gx9moCgs1pUuk/giphy.gif?cid=349c9dd78f91d866e75235be18c9e3bff7cc 1a4a1d844718&rid=giphy.gif

lolololololol xlolx

dgtw
July 26th, 2020, 07:21 AM
They found another opponent. I understand they had an agreement but given the circumstances they should be understanding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 26th, 2020, 07:44 AM
You won't get an answer. All he wanted to do was make fun of Dewey who was asking a legitimate question.

Of course you wont.

This clown is a joke and he should be treated as such.

BEAR
July 26th, 2020, 12:45 PM
Of course you wont.

This clown is a joke and he should be treated as such.

Exactly. xthumbsupx

FormerPokeCenter
July 26th, 2020, 11:01 PM
xlolx That's what happens when you negotiate with Tommy Mac. (Former McNeese AD) POS would probably be appropriate

In Tommy's defense, he's got at least some experience with SWAC teams hiding behind the Force Majure defense....it took Southern forever to sack up and pay the paltry $50K buy out they had....they only behaved honorably afer exhausting all other options.

Perhaps Tommy's just starting the conversation so he'll get some sort of offer from them....

bluedog
July 27th, 2020, 12:21 AM
In Tommy's defense, he's got at least some experience with SWAC teams hiding behind the Force Majure defense....it took Southern forever to sack up and pay the paltry $50K buy out they had....they only behaved honorably afer exhausting all other options.

Perhaps Tommy's just starting the conversation so he'll get some sort of offer from them....You're a liar, It didn't take forever and we didn't pay McNeese $50k.

bluedog
July 27th, 2020, 12:36 AM
@Panther88 This is one of the reason I said that I'd never set foot on LaTech campus again. I really hope we stop playing them. Because their fans are some of the most racist in the state.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200727/7e7e0bf483ab03e7241ec7ff3a7e21b1.jpg

NY Crusader 2010
July 27th, 2020, 06:38 AM
PVAM shouldn't even respond to this ridiculous request -- what a joke.

FBS schools trying to have it both ways with these buy game contracts.

PaladinFan
July 27th, 2020, 06:54 AM
PVAM shouldn't even respond to this ridiculous request -- what a joke.

FBS schools trying to have it both ways with these buy game contracts.

These contract issues on football games are going to be fascinating to watch play out. The legal ramifications of COVID and its impact on agreements is far from settled anywhere in the country.

At bottom, it does come to the question of what exactly is Louisiana Tech going to do if PVAM says "no." Sue them in Texas for breach of contract?

What this also suggests is that these smaller FBS schools have to play football to fund their conference schedule. A lot of the G5 conferences are much bigger geographically than the FCS leagues, have much bigger travel costs, and need every dime they can squeeze out of the season.

Panther88
July 27th, 2020, 07:55 AM
@Panther88 This is one of the reason I said that I'd never set foot on LaTech campus again. I really hope we stop playing them. Because their fans are some of the most racist in the state.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200727/7e7e0bf483ab03e7241ec7ff3a7e21b1.jpg

I wasn't too keen on going and obviously will never step a foot on their "institution" grounds, unlike their lot of student-athletes. xreadx

If you want to see an AD back-peddle on his previous boastful rants of "sue," checkout a response that I knew would come via the TAMUS brain-trust lol. I knew he would swallow his boastful words w/ the quiet demeanor of a crawfish about to experience Zatarins. xlolx

AmsterBison
July 27th, 2020, 08:13 AM

Ha! I thought they were the Ragin' Cajuns too. It gets very confusing because almost all the school names in LA are different from the ones I grew up with.

POD Knows
July 27th, 2020, 08:29 AM
Ha! I thought they were the Ragin' Cajuns too. It gets very confusing because almost all the school names in LA are different from the ones I grew up with.:D I knew LA Tech was not the Ragin Cajuns but I had to look it up to make sure, I still don't know how or why this conversation swerved from some AD at Tech trying to squeeze PV out of some money, to stadium expansion at Cajun Field. It is an unsolved mystery at this point in time.

AmsterBison
July 27th, 2020, 08:51 AM
:D I knew LA Tech was not the Ragin Cajuns but I had to look it up to make sure, I still don't know how or why this conversation swerved from some AD at Tech trying to squeeze PV out of some money, to stadium expansion at Cajun Field. It is an unsolved mystery at this point in time.

Gotta say, everything about LA Tech trying to squeeze money out of Stacy Robinson's first school has got my back up. PVAMU is not loaded with money.

NY Crusader 2010
July 27th, 2020, 10:20 AM
These contract issues on football games are going to be fascinating to watch play out. The legal ramifications of COVID and its impact on agreements is far from settled anywhere in the country.

At bottom, it does come to the question of what exactly is Louisiana Tech going to do if PVAM says "no." Sue them in Texas for breach of contract?

What this also suggests is that these smaller FBS schools have to play football to fund their conference schedule. A lot of the G5 conferences are much bigger geographically than the FCS leagues, have much bigger travel costs, and need every dime they can squeeze out of the season.

What dimes are they squeezing out though? If they're playing home games in front of zero or limited fans, what revenue is that generating?

POD Knows
July 27th, 2020, 11:04 AM
Gotta say, everything about LA Tech trying to squeeze money out of Stacy Robinson's first school has got my back up. PVAMU is not loaded with money.Yea, what PVAMU did is completely different than what say, Oregon, is doing to NDSU where they are cancelling their OOC games but still playing their conference games which to me shows they are not really afraid of Covid per se, but it is a pretty complicated deal from a legal standpoint. If conference play is an acceptable risk, why not OOC games, they excuse they bandied around is pretty weak sauce.

NY Crusader 2010
July 27th, 2020, 11:10 AM
Yea, what PVAMU did is completely different than what say, Oregon, is doing to NDSU where they are cancelling their OOC games but still playing their conference games which to me shows they are not really afraid of Covid per se, but it is a pretty complicated deal from a legal standpoint. If conference play is an acceptable risk, why not OOC games, they excuse they bandied around is pretty weak sauce.

The P5 conferences are cancelling OOC games specifically so members can get out of paying guarantees. It's a way around the contract. If NDSU wanted to sue Oregon for the amount on the contract, U. of O. has the ability to say, "it wasn't our choice -- the conference FORCED us to cancel the game." If the schools had been the ones to cancel the games themselves, then the visiting teams cancelled on would have more of a legal leg to stand on.

And now, in LA TECH's case, they are trying to use the same logic, but backwards, against FCS schools whose conferences pulled the plug.

Cancelling OOC was not about COVID -- if it was P5 schools wouldn't be traveling to additional conference games over and beyond what they normally would play. Conferences that used to have 8 game conference schedules are now playing 10. That tells us all we need to know.

bluedog
July 27th, 2020, 11:56 AM
I wasn't too keen on going and obviously will never step a foot on their "institution" grounds, unlike their lot of student-athletes. xreadx

If you want to see an AD back-peddle on his previous boastful rants of "sue," checkout a response that I knew would come via the TAMUS brain-trust lol. I knew he would swallow his boastful words w/ the quiet demeanor of a crawfish about to experience Zatarins. xlolxYeah I'm waiting to read it too.

bluedog
July 27th, 2020, 12:14 PM
2020 FOOTBALLAD: Prairie View won’t have to cut LA Tech a check

Prairie View AD says Louisiana Tech AD has assured him the FBS school won’t be looking for a $500k check for canceled game.

Hired in mid-June, Reed took office on July 15. Five days later the conference decided to push fall sports, including football to the fall.

That decision effectively canceled Prairie View’s football season, including a Sept. 19 game at Louisiana Tech. The game against the FBS opponent was set to pay the SWAC squad $350,000. But a report from the Baton Rouge Advocate suggested that not playing the game would cost them that and then some.

https://hbcugameday.com/2020/07/27/ad-prairie-view-wont-have-to-cut-la-tech-a-check/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Panther88
July 27th, 2020, 12:56 PM

Prairie View AD says Louisiana Tech AD has assured him the FBS school won’t be looking for a $500k check for canceled game.

Hired in mid-June, Reed took office on July 15. Five days later the conference decided to push fall sports, including football to the fall.

That decision effectively canceled Prairie View’s football season, including a Sept. 19 game at Louisiana Tech. The game against the FBS opponent was set to pay the SWAC squad $350,000. But a report from the Baton Rouge Advocate suggested that not playing the game would cost them that and then some.

https://hbcugameday.com/2020/07/27/ad-prairie-view-wont-have-to-cut-la-tech-a-check/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Amazing how things mysteriously work behind the scenes.

walliver
July 27th, 2020, 01:11 PM
The article suggests that Prairie View scheduled a $350,000 guarantee game with a $500,000 liability for not playing. That doesn't sound like a good deal at all. It appears the article contains some facts, but other numbers are in error.

dewey
July 28th, 2020, 12:19 AM

Well that changed quickly. Good for PV A&M.

Dewey

Panther88
July 28th, 2020, 08:11 AM
Well that changed quickly. Good for PV A&M.

Dewey

Seems like la tech stood to lose more, than gaining a probable $500,000 payday + whatever silver coins they receive from the game w/ HBU.

bluedog
July 28th, 2020, 08:14 AM
Seems like la tech stood to lose more, than gaining a probable $500,000 payday + whatever silver coins they receive from the game w/ HBU.Nah man, we need them more than they need us. Haven't you heard?
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200728/3f17ade81da5d5f29946ecef741c34a0.jpg