PDA

View Full Version : The NCAA Board of Governors can decide fate of fall sports on Friday

bluedog
July 23rd, 2020, 04:04 PM
The NCAA Board of Governors is scheduled to meet on Friday and there is growing speculation that they may shut down all fall sports championship events. The board is primarily made up of presidents at Division I universities across the country.

It's worth noting the board does not have the power to shut down fall sports seasons in general, but by choosing to cancel the championships, they could theoretically force the hand of conferences to forgo playing any games this fall. And that would be an extremely costly decision.

https://www.si.com/.amp-ohiostate/college/ohiostate/news/board-of-governors-might-cancel-fall-championships?__twitter_impression=true

dewey
July 23rd, 2020, 04:17 PM
I would be surprised if there is a season at all. I think we won't see football until the fall of 2021.

Dewey

bluedog
July 23rd, 2020, 04:20 PM
I would be surprised if there is a season at all. I think we won't see football until the fall of 2021.

DeweyI think it will be spring football. The SWAC has already laid out the blueprint

No_Skill
July 23rd, 2020, 04:29 PM
I just drew up blueprints to a 50,000 sqft mansion. I plan to break ground this spring.

Professor
July 23rd, 2020, 04:30 PM
They need to go ahead and pull the trigger. No FCS , D2 or D3. Let the P5 and G5 have at it

aceinthehole
July 23rd, 2020, 05:35 PM
I think it will be spring football. The SWAC has already laid out the blueprint

Yeah, but without NCAA approval they can't execute it.

Im not sure the NCAA is going to allow football and other fall sports to play this spring. They are going to have a hard enough time playing Winter and Spring sports this year.

BEAR
July 23rd, 2020, 05:38 PM
Heard on the radio today that JUCOs are not playing fall sports. Their basketball season will be cut short to 22 games and start in January. Not that any of us play JUCOs in football but many of us get recruits from those schools. Not sure if they will play any football with that decision.

Professor
July 23rd, 2020, 05:54 PM
Heard on the radio today that JUCOs are not playing fall sports. Their basketball season will be cut short to 22 games and start in January. Not that any of us play JUCOs in football but many of us get recruits from those schools. Not sure if they will play any football with that decision.

Man that is big

bluedog
July 23rd, 2020, 06:01 PM
Yeah, but without NCAA approval they can't execute it.

Im not sure the NCAA is going to allow football and other fall sports to play this spring. They are going to have a hard enough time playing Winter and Spring sports this year.I'm confident enough in our commissioner to believe he doesn't just throw things up against the wall and hope that it will stick. If everything is turning in a positive direction I'm believe there will be spring football.