PDA

View Full Version : Question for Coach Glanville

Lehigh Football Nation
June 20th, 2007, 09:03 AM
Simply, if you had one question you could ask PSU coach Jerry Glanville, what would it be?

Ivytalk
June 20th, 2007, 09:07 AM
Why do you always wear black?:p

PMB4Life
June 20th, 2007, 01:57 PM
Give me three good reasons why I shouldn't compare your time at Portland State to Jim Harbaugh's regime at San Diego.

89Hen
June 20th, 2007, 02:11 PM
Along those same lines... where do you see yourself in three years?

phillyAPP
June 20th, 2007, 04:08 PM
Why do you always wear black?:p

Are you really that strange?

Did you demote a running back on the Falcons (App grad) for NOT chop blocking a teammate in practice? Just something I read. Don't know if its true.

xconfusedx xconfusedx

travelinman67
June 20th, 2007, 04:12 PM
If you weren't a football coach...what profession would you have chosen?

xrolleyesx

Ivytalk
June 20th, 2007, 04:16 PM
What makes you think you can change from a so-so NFL coach to a successful college coach, with a lot of time off in between?xconfusedx

And why should anyone dumb enough to trade Brett Favre have any credibility as an evaluator of talent?:p

Mountain Panther
June 20th, 2007, 04:16 PM
1. What are you hiding by always wearing sunglasses in rainy Portland?

2. Have you taken the time to learn your star players' names yet?

3. Did you know that Mountain Panther once took summer school at Portland State and got a 4.0?

MR. CHICKEN
June 20th, 2007, 04:33 PM
DO YOU KNOW TUBBY RAYMOND..............:).......AWQ!

PSUVikings
June 20th, 2007, 04:39 PM
name me one player coach. Just one.

CopperCat
June 20th, 2007, 05:09 PM
Give me three good reasons why I shouldn't compare your time at Portland State to Jim Harbaugh's regime at San Diego.

OUCH!:(

My question: What are your visions for the running game this year? Who has the starting spot? Do you have any potential recruits to fill the holes in the roster after this year?

LeopardFan04
June 20th, 2007, 11:53 PM
Will Elvis make it up to Portland for games?

JALMOND
June 21st, 2007, 01:20 AM
1. What are you hiding by always wearing sunglasses in rainy Portland?

2. Have you taken the time to learn your star players' names yet?

3. Did you know that Mountain Panther once took summer school at Portland State and got a 4.0?

Must have done summer school by correspondence study. Otherwise, you'd know it hardly rains in the summer in Portland. The winter is another story. Portland is one of the better places to be in the summer.

lucchesicourt
June 21st, 2007, 06:25 AM
Hardly rains in Portland's summer? You must be kidding. I use to visit my grandparents and uncle there every summer for about 10 years (Lived on NE Killingsworth and NE Alberta St. ),and it seemed to rain every year. Sure, it was drizzles, bot that's hardly NOT raining. And one year, htey had set a record of something like 438 days of consectutive measurable rain.

GreenDay17
June 21st, 2007, 07:16 AM
Hardly rains in Portland's summer? You must be kidding. I use to visit my grandparents and uncle there every summer for about 10 years (Lived on NE Killingsworth and NE Alberta St. ),and it seemed to rain every year. Sure, it was drizzles, bot that's hardly NOT raining. And one year, htey had set a record of something like 438 days of consectutive measurable rain.

Wow, that must have been some year!!xlolx

bluehenbillk
June 21st, 2007, 08:37 AM
Will Elvis make it up to Portland for games?

Damn, stole my question!!

PSUVikings
June 21st, 2007, 08:52 AM
Hardly rains in Portland's summer? You must be kidding. I use to visit my grandparents and uncle there every summer for about 10 years (Lived on NE sworth and NE Alberta St. ),and it seemed to rain every year. Sure, it was drizzles, bot that's hardly NOT raining. And one year, htey had set a record of something like 438 days of consectutive measurable rain.

We are in Portland, Oregon not Portland, Maine.xlolx

scroll down on this page to the weather update., http://www.psufansforum.com/portal.htm

It isn't always raining in Portland.xnodx

Mr. C
June 21st, 2007, 09:25 AM
Actually, Portland, Maine is quite nice in the summer, too. I spent my summer vacation in that area about 10 years ago and it was lovely.

already123
June 21st, 2007, 12:04 PM
WHY OH WHY did you get rid of FAVRE?!?!

JALMOND
June 22nd, 2007, 09:38 PM

Not raining right now. Can't remember when we did get some rain. Hey, there WAS moisture on my windshield the other day (and I thought that was dew xoopsx ).

Killingsworth and Alberta, eh? Close to where I work (north of there on Columbia). When was the last time you were here?

Truthfully, we get one, maybe two days of rain for the Rose Festival parade in mid June, then hardly any till early October. Maybe a day here and there. Definitely not like the winter (rains pretty much every day.)

Mountain Panther
June 22nd, 2007, 11:24 PM
Must have done summer school by correspondence study. Otherwise, you'd know it hardly rains in the summer in Portland. The winter is another story. Portland is one of the better places to be in the summer.

I know this very well. I was in Portland in April, and it rained 5 out of the 7 days I was there. And that is when I say pics of Glanville during Spring practice in the Oregonian with sunglasses on.

Believe, I am the first to defend Portland when folks here and in the midwest say "it rains all the time." If you don't like snow, and you can put up with rain in the winter out there, then move there.

Casey_Orourke
June 23rd, 2007, 12:14 AM
I know this very well. I was in Portland in April, and it rained 5 out of the 7 days I was there. And that is when I say pics of Glanville during Spring practice in the Oregonian with sunglasses on.

Believe, I am the first to defend Portland when folks here and in the midwest say "it rains all the time." If you don't like snow, and you can put up with rain in the winter out there, then move there.

I lived in Portlannd for about 10 years, graduated PSU. It rained almost 300 days out of the year. not heavy every day, but enough to be noticed. One thing I can say is seeing a people clad completely in black, wearing sunglasses is not unique in Portland. It can be the middle of summer, hotter'n hell and there will be someone walking around downtown or on the PSU campus wearing black boots, pants, shirt, leather jacket and sunglasses and not raise an eyebrow.

GoAgs72
June 23rd, 2007, 12:52 AM
One year at Oregon State and it was back to Davis for this California boy. The mold grew up the windows of my apartment. A lot of students had spray bottles of bleach to spray down the windows. It drizzled for six months or more. I did get to see Davis play Portland State in Portland in 1975 and, of course, it was raining. All the people with money took off for California or Hawaii for Christmas.