PDA

View Full Version : UCA Football

JoshUCA
June 19th, 2007, 01:54 PM
Here are some things that will be happening with UCA Football this Fall:http://www.ucafans.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1934
xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

douglasdmb
June 19th, 2007, 02:22 PM
+$650,000 videoscoreboard (30x17 videoscreen)

A 30x17 videoscreen? That obviously seems way to small to be in inches, but way to big to be in feet. Soooo...how big are we talkin? xeyebrowx

JoshUCA
June 19th, 2007, 02:29 PM
Obviously it is in feet.

douglasdmb
June 19th, 2007, 03:36 PM
Obviously it is in feet.

xnutsx

That's f***in huge. I know that Mizzou's videoboard is 27x21, and that thing's perfect for a setting of a 65k seat stadium.

Would this be the biggest videoboard in all of the FCS? Montana's the only other one that I know of that could compete with that.

dgreco
June 19th, 2007, 03:50 PM
that is insane. Leaving that on all the time? Also I do like the idea of showing away games, good way to make money off the students probably and keep the teams interest on high.

JoshUCA
June 19th, 2007, 04:08 PM
Let me just say those numbers aren't "official" but hopefully something official should be coming out very soon.

Tod
June 19th, 2007, 04:08 PM
xnutsx

That's f***in huge. I know that Mizzou's videoboard is 27x21, and that thing's perfect for a setting of a 65k seat stadium.

Would this be the biggest videoboard in all of the FCS? Montana's the only other one that I know of that could compete with that.

The Griz Vision screen is the largest in Division I-AA, measuring 26 feet by 36 feet and was brought in from Times Square in New York City.

From Montanagrizzlies.com...

936 ft2 vs 510 ft2.

I know, I'm being a ****. Not my intent, but since the Big Sky sucks so bad, our stadium is all we've got. :p :p :p

Tod
June 19th, 2007, 04:15 PM
Here are some things that will be happening with UCA Football this Fall:http://www.ucafans.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1934
xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

+Will be versatile: Used for campus meetings, powerpoint presentations, movie night for students, show highlights after the game,
+Can be left on all the time to promote games and campus events
+Can be used to show away games
+Can be used, in conjunction with channel 6, to show replays
+Most fan friendly and exciting home season ever
+Only SLC team to play a full DI schedule (no DII teams!!)
+Tailgating will be bigger and better than ever
+Fireworks at every game
+Team will run through tunnel onto the field to fireworks
+F-16 Flyover for first home game

xeekx

You guys got some good stuff going on down there! xthumbsupx

douglasdmb
June 19th, 2007, 04:58 PM
Touche, Tod. xeyebrowx

I didn't realize that UM uses the old Times Square board. That's a pretty cool little piece of trivia for ya.

Tod
June 19th, 2007, 06:00 PM
Touche, Tod. xeyebrowx

I didn't realize that UM uses the old Times Square board. That's a pretty cool little piece of trivia for ya.

Well, bigger isn't always better, anyway. I have an old 32" TV that I'd gladly trade my daughter for her smaller, state-of-the-art TV.

SDSU, and now UCA (and others) have some awfully cool stuff.

Sorry if I ruffled any feathers. xpeacex

Edit - I'm home sick today, so I'm not in the best mood.

TheBisonator
June 19th, 2007, 06:25 PM
UCA is definitely taking stock in its program and is putting their money where their mouth is regarding their FCS transition. UCA looks like they have all their s**t together, and they look like they truely want to be the class of the Southland. Kudos to UCA for making the move the right way!!:D Hopefully NDSU can do a home-and-home with UCA in the future.

Bear Fan 101
June 26th, 2007, 01:46 PM
http://www.ucafans.com/redesign/images/new_scoreboard.jpg

That is the drawing of the videoboard. No new word on the exact specs of the thing, but this is the way it should look, once all the other advertisers/sponsors are added in the coming weeks.

douglasdmb
June 26th, 2007, 03:04 PM
Is there supposed to be a picture? It's not showing up for me.

Bear Fan 101
June 26th, 2007, 03:07 PM
there WAS a picture there, but apparently not all the I's were dotted and all the T's crossed and it wasn't supposed to get out in the public eye yet. So more to come soon...

but the pic was up earlier...

patssle
June 26th, 2007, 03:22 PM
Well, bigger isn't always better, anyway.

that is true too on videoboards. the quality of the content is just as important.

TexasTerror
June 26th, 2007, 06:28 PM
UCA needs to fix up things as it relates to their baseball/softball venues and everything will be A-OK!

BEAR
June 26th, 2007, 07:51 PM
UCA needs to fix up things as it relates to their baseball/softball venues and everything will be A-OK!

Getting some of that football money moved to the baseball team would be great! I forsee 5 sellouts this year just because of the competition and the upgrades. Guys, UCA has come a long long ways since I attended. When I went there was maybe 300 to 500 people at the games and the home side was the visitors side and it was half as big as it is now. Now there are 9-10k plus attending, massive brand new facilities, a 5X8 yard video screen and a $2 mill. indoor unairconditioned practice center. NOONE in Arkansas would have ever imagined...really. xbowx Just to think, this is just the start. Wait til next year...xthumbsupx

MplsBison
June 26th, 2007, 08:22 PM
Maybe he meant the whole scoreboard will be 30x17 with the video board in the middle being less than that.

douglasdmb
June 26th, 2007, 10:25 PM

Looks like they were talking about the videoboard, specifically.

bisonguy
June 26th, 2007, 10:55 PM
Maybe he meant the whole scoreboard will be 30x17 with the video board in the middle being less than that.

30x17 is probably just the video board.

Each of the four video boards in the Fargodome are 17x23 feet. A 17x30 board would be a 16:9 aspect of what is currently in the Fargodome.

MplsBison
June 27th, 2007, 07:51 AM
Looks like they were talking about the videoboard, specifically.

You're right. Since it was posted on a fan message board, it's impossible that it was a mistake.

JoshUCA
June 27th, 2007, 08:50 AM

I know that they are supposed to be make major renovations for baseball before next season, including adding proper lighting, but I am under the impression that everything is ok with softball for now.

JoshUCA
June 27th, 2007, 08:51 AM

Nope, ~30x17 (give or take a few feet) is the size of the Videoscreen itself. Some UCA fan will post the offical specs when they are officially released from the university.

Bear Fan 101
June 27th, 2007, 11:04 AM
softball complex is fine, baseball is not. That t will be taken care of in the next year or two. OK back to football now.

Pics of the videoboard will be re-released at some point soon, "in the next day or two" as I was told.