PDA

View Full Version : App. St. at Michigan TV

UNHWILDCATS05
June 19th, 2007, 01:23 PM
App. St. at Michigan will be on Sat. Sep. 1 at noon on the Big Ten Network... I assume you need a dish to get that??

http://mgoblue.com/schedule.cfm?section_id=259&top=2&level=3&season_id=1008

The Moody1
June 19th, 2007, 01:24 PM
App. St. at Michigan will be on Sat. Sep. 1 at noon on the Big Ten Network... I assume you need a dish to get that??

"All cable and satellite systems throughout the U.S. have the opportunity to place the Big Ten Network on their most widely available level of service. We already have signed deals with DirecTV and AT&T that ensure the Big Ten Network is on their basic level of service (Total Choice for DirecTV). If you subscribe to either of these services, the network is already part of your basic package, and you'll be able to turn it on the minute we launch. In addition to DirecTV and AT&T, we have over 40 deals with local cable operators, all of which call for the network to be carried on their basic cable package at no extra cost to consumers. Once these deals are signed, we will announce them publicly. The fact that we are able to complete these cable deals shows that our terms are reasonable and fair. It also gives us confidence that other agreements will be forthcoming."

UNHWILDCATS05
June 19th, 2007, 01:30 PM
I bet Comcast won't carry it... they still won't agree to a deal with ESPN to carry ESPNU for cryin out loud...

UNHWILDCATS05
June 19th, 2007, 02:02 PM
Speak of the devil: [URL="http://www.nytimes.com/2007/06/18/sports/18bigten.html?em&ex=1182398400&en=12b91285e9fa71b5&ei=5087%0A"]http://www.nytimes.com/2007/06/18/sports/18bigten.html?em&ex=1182398400&

UNHWILDCATS05
June 19th, 2007, 02:04 PM
Speak of the devil: http://www.nytimes.com/2007/06/18/sports/18bigten.html?em&ex=1182398400&"] (http://www.nytimes.com/2007/06/18/sports/18bigten.html?em&ex=1182398400&en=12b91285e9fa71b5&ei=5087%0A)

GoGuins
June 19th, 2007, 02:08 PM
http://mgoblue.com/document_display.cfm?document_id=24988

FlyYtown
June 19th, 2007, 03:30 PM
Funny that Youngstown St. @ Ohio St. is on the same network at the same time on the same day!

Mountain Panther
June 19th, 2007, 04:47 PM

http://mgoblue.com/schedule.cfm?section_id=259&top=2&level=3&season_id=1008

Big Ten Network is still considered an "upstart" network, meaning it will take time to secure contracts with all the major pay-tv providers. Even then it will probably be left off some cable & satellite line-ups.

TheBisonator
June 19th, 2007, 06:50 PM
Crrrrrrrrap. And this was the game I really wanted to watch on Sept. 1. :( I was hoping that the Deuce would carry it. It SUCKS having basic cable!!!

TheBisonator
June 19th, 2007, 06:51 PM
I bet Comcast won't carry it... they still won't agree to a deal with ESPN to carry ESPNU for cryin out loud...

CableOne here in Fargo doesn't have ESPNU either...xbawlingx

Mountain Panther
June 19th, 2007, 07:04 PM
CableOne here in Fargo doesn't have ESPNU either...xbawlingx

Get satellite.

TheBisonator
June 19th, 2007, 07:24 PM
Get satellite.

I've been pondering getting DirecTV for a long time now. The only issue is that when severe weather hits my area (and it does a LOT in the summer), I want to be able to see on TV where it is and if I need to take shelter. I live on the 3rd floor of an apartment building with a LOT of glass windows and no real storm shelter, so basically it's the only concern of mine.

For instance, a few nights ago at like 3am, There was a tornado spotted just 30 miles or so SW of Fargo, and the cell was moving towards the city. The cell eventually missed Fargo, but if a tornado was in the area, my satellite would be out, and I would have no idea where the storm is.

Mountain Panther
June 19th, 2007, 07:27 PM
I've been pondering getting DirecTV for a long time now. The only issue is that when severe weather hits my area (and it does a LOT in the summer), I want to be able to see on TV where it is and if I need to take shelter. I live on the 3rd floor of an apartment building with a LOT of glass windows and no real storm shelter, so basically it's the only concern of mine.

For instance, a few nights ago at like 3am, There was a tornado spotted just 30 miles or so SW of Fargo, and the cell was moving towards the city. The cell eventually missed Fargo, but if a tornado was in the area, my satellite would be out, and I would have no idea where the storm is.

You won't have a problem if it's installed correctly. Tornado alley is (and always has been) a hot region for people switching from cable to satellite.

catamount man
June 19th, 2007, 08:12 PM
I have DirecTV, so I'll be watching the Apps tackle Michigan. Gonna get loads of beer for this one.xthumbsupx

ISUMatt
June 19th, 2007, 08:19 PM
DirecTV has gotten alot better about not losing the feed in bad weather...Is it official that DirecTV will carry BigTen Network?

Mountain Panther
June 19th, 2007, 08:49 PM
DirecTV has gotten alot better about not losing the feed in bad weather...Is it official that DirecTV will carry BigTen Network?

It's not on the website yet, but the deal could be in the works.

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/packProg/channelChart2.jsp?assetId=1100069

ISUMatt
June 19th, 2007, 09:06 PM
That link says nothing about BT Network oops but I hope you're right

PantherRob82
June 19th, 2007, 09:09 PM
The main sticking point with most carriers is that they want it on basic. Cable companies don't want to charge their basic customers for something that should realistically be on their sports tier. I know Mediacom didn't pick up ESPNU until they were willing to put it on the digital sports tier(and hawkeye fans complained because they wanted the Iowa-Montana game).

Mountain Panther
June 19th, 2007, 10:26 PM
The main sticking point with most carriers is that they want it on basic. Cable companies don't want to charge their basic customers for something that should realistically be on their sports tier. I know Mediacom didn't pick up ESPNU until they were willing to put it on the digital sports tier(and hawkeye fans complained because they wanted the Iowa-Montana game).

This happens a lot. When the KC Royals launched their own network, they demanded that DISH Network put it in their basic tier. As you can imagine, DISH was relunctant to broadcast Royal games nationally.

dgreco
June 19th, 2007, 10:47 PM
Cox has ESPNU

T-Dog
June 19th, 2007, 11:34 PM
I was really hoping this game wouldn't be at noon. It's just not the best time for me. Much rather prefer 3:30 myself. Dang TV.

DaveK
June 19th, 2007, 11:43 PM

I have DirecTV in Fargo and the reception being knocked out by bad weather is a minimal problem. It happens maybe 4-5 times a year for about 10-15 minutes at a time, only when it rains really hard. It seldom rains that hard for that long. A minor inconvenience that a lot of times I'm not even watching when it happens. In seven years of service I have yet to lose my reception during a football or hockey game.

SeattleGriz
June 20th, 2007, 12:35 AM
Aren't there any local bars that will be showing the game? I went to the local Griz bar here in Seattle last year to watch the Iowa vs Montana game.

GGASU
June 20th, 2007, 08:16 AM
Four games are set to be shown at the same time on Sep. 1st.

Hopefully Direct TV will put on all the games in their overflow 600 channels.

http://www.bigtennetwork.com/news/index.asp?ArticleSource=24

chrisattsu
June 20th, 2007, 09:28 AM
Crrrrrrrrap. And this was the game I really wanted to watch on Sept. 1. :( I was hoping that the Deuce would carry it. It SUCKS having basic cable!!!

Being a D2 fan, I have gotten used to the fact that I will have to go to Sportsbars or Buffalo Wild Wings to catch some of the games that I want to watch. It really isn't that bad

OhioHen
June 20th, 2007, 10:20 AM
Funny that Youngstown St. @ Ohio St. is on the same network at the same time on the same day!

And probably won't be available on Time Warner in the Cincinnati market.

The Moody1
June 20th, 2007, 10:38 AM

Here is the press release that includes the Big 10 network. They will even be carrying the High Def version.

"DIRECTV Adds New HD Channels for Fall; Four Discovery HD Channels, Five Starz HD Channels, CNBC and Chiller to Join the HD Pack, More on the Way
HD Version of Disney's High School Musical 2 to Air Exclusively on

DIRECTVEL SEGUNDO, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May 23, 2007--DIRECTV, the nation's leading satellite television service provider, continues to set the stage for its unprecedented expansion of HD services. With agreements in place to launch four Discovery HD channels, five HD channels from Starz, CNBC and Chiller in HD, along with recently completed deals with The History Channel and A&E, DIRECTV is on schedule to roll out up to 100 national HD channels by year-end to satisfy the appetite of its HD customers, who have doubled over the last year.

"Earlier this year we called 2007 the 'Year of HD' and we're going to deliver on our commitment to offer more HD channels than any other multichannel provider," said Derek Chang, executive vice president, Strategy and Development, DIRECTV, Inc. "In addition to the networks we've signed to date, we will continue to add more HD programming to our launch list between now and year-end. Demand for HD continues to grow, and with the dramatic expansion of our capacity this summer and the nationwide reach of our service, we are uniquely positioned to lead the industry in the carriage and delivery of HD programming."

Under the agreement with Discovery Communications, DIRECTV will launch four simulcasts - Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet and The Science Channel - and two other channels to be named and launched by Discovery at a later date. The HD feeds of the four existing networks will launch in September.

DIRECTV also has an agreement in place with Starz to launch three new HD movie channels: Starz Edge, Starz Comedy and Starz Kids & Family, as well as Starz's East and West coast HD feeds. The new Starz HD channels, featuring first-run hit movies, and the Starz East and West HD channels, will also launch in September.

The History Channel and DIRECTV recently announced that DIRECTV will be the first to launch The History Channel HD, a new 24-hour HD network, and A&E HD in September.

As it continues to beef up its HD channel lineup, DIRECTV has also become the platform of choice for the debut of exclusive HD programming. Disney Channel is providing DIRECTV the exclusive rights to broadcast the premiere HD version of High School Musical 2, the highly anticipated sequel to the global sensation for kids and families. DIRECTV will air the movie in HD a few days after its standard-definition premiere Friday, August 17 on Disney Channel.

In addition to the networks listed below, DIRECTV also plans to offer the HD feeds of regional sports networks on a nationwide basis this fall, and has commitments from a number of other networks to launch their HD simulcasts. They will be added to the lineup for launch by year-end and will be announced at a later date.

To date, DIRECTV has signed agreements or agreements in principle, to launch the following networks.

-- A&E -- National Geographic
-- Bravo -- NFL Network
-- Cartoon Network -- SciFi Channel
-- CNN -- Speed
-- Food Network -- TBS
-- Big Ten Network -- The History Channel
-- HGTV -- The Weather Channel
-- MTV -- USA Network
-- Disney Channel -- Versus HD
-- Toon Disney -- TLC
-- ABC Family -- Animal Planet
-- ESPNNEWS HD -- The Science Channel
-- Starz E/W feeds -- Discovery Channel
-- Starz Edge -- The Tennis Channel
-- Starz Comedy -- Showtime West
-- Starz Kids & Family -- The Movie Channel
-- CNBC -- Chiller
HD networks currently offered by DIRECTV include ESPN HD, ESPN2 HD, Discovery HD Theater, HDNet, HDNet Movies, TNT in HD, Universal HD, HBO HD, Showtime HD, an HD pay per view/special events channel and HD feeds from NY- and LA-based broadcast networks ABC, NBC, CBS and FOX (for eligible customers). DIRECTV also offers local HD broadcast channels in 60 cities, representing more than 70 percent of U.S. TV households.

GoGuins
June 20th, 2007, 01:09 PM
And probably won't be available on Time Warner in the Cincinnati market.

I think somehow this game will find it's way onto a local Ytown channel, even if it's tape delayed

GoGuins
June 20th, 2007, 01:17 PM

I think somehow this game will find it's way onto a local Ytown channel, even if it's tape delayed