PDA

View Full Version : Portland QB heading to Mississippi Valley

bluedog
July 2nd, 2020, 01:42 AM
There’s been a lot of talk about the New SWAC, but one of the league’s old guns just got a new toy.

Mississippi Valley State picked up a commitment from former Portland State quarterback Jelani Eason on Wednesday.

https://hbcugameday.com/2020/07/01/portland-state-jalani-eason-headed-to-swac-mississippi-valley/

JALMOND
July 2nd, 2020, 11:14 AM
Good for him. Dynamic running quarterback who showed glimpses that he could be a great player. I was hoping he would be able to continue somewhere. Good pickup for MVSU.

Anthony215
July 2nd, 2020, 01:30 PM
Not a bad landing spot for him. While it is quite the trek from Portland to Mississippi Valley he should be able to instantly challenge for the starting QB position. They are polar opposite campuses with PSU being a pretty big school while MSVS is quite small and ironically they've drew better attendance at home than Portland State last season.

FormerPokeCenter
July 2nd, 2020, 03:23 PM
I feel sorry for that kid....not because he's going to the SWAC or MV...not because of the culture shock, but because he's going from Portland, Oregon's summer climate to the God-forsaken-middle-of-nowhere-bum-****ed-egypt known as Itta Bena....the heat and humidity in that place is going to be the rudest of awakenings. That kid's gonna think he's died and gone to hell when tries to breathe the boiling water that Mississippi calls air...it's almost as bad as it is in Louisiana....

JALMOND
July 2nd, 2020, 03:46 PM
I feel sorry for that kid....not because he's going to the SWAC or MV...not because of the culture shock, but because he's going from Portland, Oregon's summer climate to the God-forsaken-middle-of-nowhere-bum-****ed-egypt known as Itta Bena....the heat and humidity in that place is going to be the rudest of awakenings. That kid's gonna think he's died and gone to hell when tries to breathe the boiling water that Mississippi calls air...it's almost as bad as it is in Louisiana....

He is actually from Los Angeles. xnodx

FormerPokeCenter
July 2nd, 2020, 03:54 PM
LOL, the AVERAGE high in Los Angeles during July and August is mid to high 80's....that poor kid is gonna lose his mind in 100ish temps with 90% humidity....this ain't that dry **** y'all talk about out there in California! ;)

FUBeAR
July 2nd, 2020, 04:05 PM
Lived in LA; been to Portland & seen it a lot on TV & Twitter recently. He just may feel like he’s landed in a warm, kinda muggy paradise.

WestCoastAggie
July 2nd, 2020, 05:14 PM
He is actually from Los Angeles. xnodx

Before my freshman year at T, I spent a few weeks in Houston at the end of July. I was smacked silly by that Bayou air. That bayou heat and humidity aint a joke, especially for someone coming from the West Coast. But with that being said, he’ll adjust.

FormerPokeCenter
July 2nd, 2020, 06:56 PM
And Houston gets a Gulf Breeze....The only breezes that Itta Bena ever sees is when a Tornado rips through....They got that dead air humidity and heat.

Bisonoline
July 2nd, 2020, 08:36 PM
I was going to go to the game down there when we played them. I could get no takers to go. As a matter of fact most said that this is one trip I should miss and they would rather return to Terre Haute. Which they also said was highly unlikely. :D