PDA

View Full Version : The MEAC Issues a Statement...

WestCoastAggie
June 25th, 2020, 07:04 PM
https://www.instagram.com/p/CB4EhUDnozs (https://www.instagram.com/p/CB4EhUDnozs/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link)

ASU33
June 25th, 2020, 07:17 PM
How does Dennis Thomas still have a job?

Lion1983
June 25th, 2020, 07:57 PM
Its gonna be real bad for the MEAC if Howard and Norfolk State decide to join the ASUN with football in the Big South....

kdinva
June 25th, 2020, 08:04 PM
any long shot chance of a Virginia State, Morehouse, Miles, Albany State moving up to D1 in the next 4-10 years?

WestCoastAggie
June 25th, 2020, 08:28 PM
Its gonna be real bad for the MEAC if Howard and Norfolk State decide to join the ASUN with football in the Big South....

Wait, what?

cx500d
June 25th, 2020, 08:35 PM
https://media0.giphy.com/media/l0HlMG1EX2H38cZeE/200w.webp?cid=ecf05e4744e877be98097a9216f380aa775f b69b0a663d2b&rid=200w.webp

Lion1983
June 25th, 2020, 09:43 PM
Wait, what?

Just thinking who the ASUN may go after if the MEAC further unravels.

aceinthehole
June 25th, 2020, 10:37 PM
2020-21:

America East - 10 members; 4 schools play football in the CAA
ASUN - 9 members; 2 schools (KSU and UNA) play football in the Big South
Big South - 12 members, including Hampton; 8 football teams (5 BS + 3 associates)
Colonial - 10 members; 12 football teams (5 CAA + 7 associates)
Northeast - 10 members; 8 football teams (7 NEC + DUQ)
Patriot - 10 members; 7 football teams (5 PL + Fordham & Gtown)
Southern - 10 members; 9 football teams
SWAC - 12 members, including FAMU & Bethune-Cookman; all 12 play football

What are the likely/possible home for the remaining MEAC members?

Coppin State - D2
Delaware State - NEC
Howard - Big South
UMES - ASUN
Morgan State - NEC
Norfolk State - Big South
NC Central - ASUN
SC State - ASUN

ElCid
June 25th, 2020, 11:20 PM
2020-21:

Big South - 12 members, including Hampton; 8 football teams (5 BS + 3 associates)

Coppin State - D2
Delaware State - NEC
Howard - Big South
UMES - ASUN
Morgan State - NEC
NC Central - ASUN
SC State - ASUN

Nice breakdown, thanks. I like the homogeneous nature of football in the SOCON. No football associates and one non football member who most forget is even in the SOCON. SWAC is the only other clean football conf listed. Others you need a program to figure out. Not that it is a big deal, many members in other conf's had long standing history with other teams who were in other conferences for whatever reason or their conf doesn't have FB, so it may make sense.

aceinthehole
June 26th, 2020, 07:02 AM
Nice breakdown, thanks. I like the homogeneous nature of football in the SOCON. No football associates and one non football member who most forget is even in the SOCON. SWAC is the only other clean football conf listed. Others you need a program to figure out. Not that it is a big deal, many members in other conf's had long standing history with other teams who were in other conferences for whatever reason or their conf doesn't have FB, so it may make sense.

Thanks. I guess I left out one conference, but I don't thing the geography works for any if the remaining MEAC schools.

Ohio Valley - 12 members, including Tennessee State; 9 football teams

dgtw
June 26th, 2020, 07:11 AM
I don’t want the OVC getting any bigger. If someone leaves, I would be fine with taking one of them but they wouldn’t be a good geographic fit.

I don’t like non-football schools. Morehead State plays football in the Pioneer. I also don’t like Tennessee State only playing seven league games.

The SoCon 10/9 setup is great. They can play a full round robin in football with four games at home and away. Then you get an even number for basketball and can play a full 18 game schedule.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nickp
June 26th, 2020, 08:15 AM
The MEAC lacks that leadership

Lion1983
June 26th, 2020, 08:40 AM
2020-21:

Coppin State - D2
Delaware State - NEC
Howard - Big South
UMES - ASUN
Morgan State - NEC
NC Central - ASUN
SC State - ASUN

The Big South already has 12. If the ASUN goes after any, they should have football (ASUN big South agreement) and be relatively close to other ASUN schools, (Howard and Norfolk State would be okay, not the rest.

If the Big South goes past 12 schools, they need to be extremely close to the bulk of Big South schools, (basically in North and South Carolina) I know Norfolk is close, but how many schools can the Big South take? Then you start loosing NCAA money.

Delaware State may be trying a push to the NEC? All I've saw is rumors on that, nothing concrete.

The rest, in my opinion would be better suited in D2.

WestCoastAggie
June 26th, 2020, 08:47 AM
The Big South already has 12. If the ASUN goes after any, they should have football (ASUN big South agreement) and be relatively close to other ASUN schools, (Howard and Norfolk State would be okay, not the rest.

If the Big South goes past 12 schools, they need to be extremely close to the bulk of Big South schools, (basically in North and South Carolina) I know Norfolk is close, but how many schools can the Big South take? Then you start loosing NCAA money.

Delaware State may be trying a push to the NEC? All I've saw is rumors on that, nothing concrete.

The rest, in my opinion would be better suited in D2.

The whole conference will be forced back to D2 if they lose 2 more teams. Right now, SC State is on the outside. If DSU splits, this whole thing crumbles. Howard's Dr. Frederick seems confident but he knows they'll have a place to land if this thing breaks.

kdinva
June 26th, 2020, 09:23 AM
.....The SoCon 10/9 setup is great. They can play a full round robin in football with four games at home and away. Then you get an even number for basketball and can play a full 18 game schedule.

.....This....