View Full Version : Your school's testing procedures

JALMOND
June 18th, 2020, 04:07 PM
Listening to the sports talk over here, the main concern for the Pac-12 as to playing football or not is not necessarily their own schools testing, but the capabilities of the opponents and whether they can adequately test their athletes or not. Specifically mentioned were the G5 schools and FCS. It made me wonder how your school plans to test their football athletes, if they are or not. Also, if they plan to have fans at the games, how do they intend to test the fans coming in to the game, or are they going to test them at all.

For Portland State, they plan on administering one test to each football athlete at the start of fall camp, and then monitor the athletes during the season for symptoms, and then test those athletes again for possible quarantine. There currently is no procedure in place to test fans coming to the game (or if there will even be fans at the games).

Catbooster
June 19th, 2020, 10:54 AM
Montana State has had a number of interviews/press conferences or whatever with the AD, facility manager, coaches, etc. I haven't heard a definite plan yet. They are planning on practicing and playing their games, but I haven't heard anything definite about how they will handle these details.

It sounds to me like they are getting supplies lined up for testing, etc., making contingency plans for contingency plans and so on since no one knows what the situation will be in a few months. And regardless what Bozeman is like at that time, what will things look like in Portland, Sacramento, etc?

walliver
June 19th, 2020, 07:00 PM
I hope we aren't going with the Clemson model. They now have 23 team members infected. On the bright side for the Tigers, the entire team should be immune by the first weekend of play.

veinup
June 19th, 2020, 07:11 PM
23 at clemson? jesus

Redbird 4th & short
June 19th, 2020, 09:53 PM
https://media1.tenor.com/images/22f11ca888c7a28f97fd477b92bc91a3/tenor.gif?itemid=12162620

cx500d
June 20th, 2020, 12:41 PM
https://media1.tenor.com/images/cad90e70ff9aa4d77b63656f314bb003/tenor.gif?itemid=9544294

Outsider1
June 20th, 2020, 01:11 PM
As much as I talk about testing, I have no clue how we will be handling it. It seems like our football is a black hole right now......

Ivytalk
June 21st, 2020, 07:23 AM
Harvard hasn’t updated the Covid info on Gocrimson since April. Nothing specific to testing that I could see.

WestCoastAggie
June 21st, 2020, 09:13 AM
Our student athletes could begin moving into their dorms or campus apartments as early as June 24th.

I have 0 idea how any of this is gonna work.

favorite football fan
June 21st, 2020, 11:34 AM
I have 0 idea how any of this is gonna work.

Here is a clue.
https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/29339767/sources-large-number-lsu-football-players-placed-quarantine

The news was first reported by Sports Illustrated, which placed the total number of players in quarantine at 30 or more.
Sources told ESPN that not all players in isolation have tested positive; some are in isolation as they await their test results.

Mullenix emphasized that a single positive test could result in as many as 12 to 15 players being asked to initially quarantine because of LSU's contact tracing procedures.

On Saturday, Kansas State announced that it had suspended all football workouts for 14 days after a recent round of coronavirus test results. Fourteen of 130 athletes tested across its sports program were found to be positive for COVID-19.

ElCid
June 21st, 2020, 01:15 PM
I hope we aren't going with the Clemson model. They now have 23 team members infected. On the bright side for the Tigers, the entire team should be immune by the first weekend of play.

Nah, they are just trying to manage the narrative so they have an excuse when we beat them later in the season.:D

unknown3
June 22nd, 2020, 07:14 AM
I still dont think it happens this season.