PDA

View Full Version : Southern

bluedog
June 17th, 2020, 07:25 AM
Well that's thathttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200617/9c4741232b5d00a97698a1f6db141ad0.jpg

Professor
June 17th, 2020, 09:09 AM
My greatest fears are starting. The cancelation of the 2020 football season

bluedog
June 17th, 2020, 09:13 AM
My greatest fears are starting. The cancelation of the 2020 football seasonNotice all the up ticks in cases are coming from the states that thought the Orange Orangutan knew better than Dr. Fauci

Professor
June 17th, 2020, 09:19 AM
Notice all the up ticks in case are coming from the states that thought the Orange Orangutan knew better than Dr. Fauci

That's the football i want to see smh. SEC , MEAC , SWAC

bluedog
June 17th, 2020, 09:23 AM
That's the football i want to see smh. SEC , MEAC , SWACOh wellhttps://media2.giphy.com/media/siMw2eNSuEpigLwcuA/giphy.gif?cid=349c9dd74566005631f7a8d1b26f8a83de81 c34e78aac705&rid=giphy.gif

TheKingpin28
June 17th, 2020, 09:26 AM
Notice all the up ticks in cases are coming from the states that thought the Orange Orangutan knew better than Dr. Fauci

Nice post. Glad to know hate runs through your veins.

Anthony215
June 17th, 2020, 09:43 AM
At the D2 level here in PA our league (PSAC) has cancelled one week or cross division play (week 3) to minimize travel so I suspect we will see quite more schedule adjustments within conference and possibly many non conference games being cancelled. Fingers crossed a vacination is available by Thanksgiving to salvage a playoff system or at least allow the winter sports to start on time without much impact. These classic games that are being played at neutral sites I can't see them happening only because tailgaiting won't be permitted, capacity will be reduced to 50% for fans which means half of the revenue will be off the table.

bluedog
June 17th, 2020, 09:44 AM
Nice post. Glad to know hate runs through your veins.That's a pretty fabricated juvenile unsolicited post.

veinup
June 17th, 2020, 09:49 AM
you’re going to be seeing upward trends in a lot of states regardless of political orientation. people, regardless of political orientation, seem to be getting bored with the disease and the regulations around it. the disease on the other hand isn’t getting bored. cases will be rising in NY, WA, OR, CA, etc.

(tried to quote bluedogs post here and somehow failed).

bluedog
June 17th, 2020, 09:59 AM
you’re going to be seeing upward trends in a lot of states regardless of political orientation. people, regardless of political orientation, seem to be getting bored with the disease and the regulations around it. the disease on the other hand isn’t getting bored. cases will be rising in NY, WA, OR, CA, etc.

(tried to quote bluedogs post here and somehow failed).That's one opinon. But the facts are those states that didn't follow the advice of the experts and reopen too soon. Are the ones that are being heavily impacted by new surges.

TheKingpin28
June 17th, 2020, 10:25 AM
That's a pretty fabricated juvenile unsolicited post.

Orange Orangutan. Really... xsmhx

bluedog
June 17th, 2020, 10:26 AM
Orange Orangutan. Really... xsmhxI can pm you my phone number if you actually want to talk about your feelings

TheKingpin28
June 17th, 2020, 10:29 AM
I can pm you my phone number if you actually want to talk about your feelings

I do not care about that. I just cannot believe you would disrespect the President like that. That's really pathetic regardless whose in the office. Why don't you venture over to the poli board since there is already a thread on the coronavirus then?

cx500d
June 17th, 2020, 10:30 AM
Notice all the up ticks in cases are coming from the states that thought the Orange Orangutan knew better than Dr. Fauci
Thanks for bringing POLITICS into the football boards. There is a politics board elsewhere.

bluedog
June 17th, 2020, 10:36 AM
I do not care about that. I just cannot believe you would disrespect the President like that. That's really pathetic regardless whose in the office. Why don't you venture over to the poli board since there is already a thread on the coronavirus then?Clearly you do care by the example of the fake outrage you seem to feel you have to express. All i can do is offer to talk to you about your feelings one on one like a "MAN". I don't through tantrums, get in my feelings or (what's the new phrase) get triggered by something some stranger post. I like to feel that I'm just a little more stable than that. Now if you don't have the courage to express your feelings to me one on one like a man. I would appreciate it if you stop harassing me about your personal issues.

veinup
June 17th, 2020, 10:36 AM
I do not care about that. I just cannot believe you would disrespect the President like that. That's really pathetic regardless whose in the office. Why don't you venture over to the poli board since there is already a thread on the coronavirus then?

the idea that all presidents need to be discussed in a respectful manner went out the window a loooooong time ago 😂

TheKingpin28
June 17th, 2020, 10:37 AM
the idea that all presidents need to be discussed in a respectful manner went out the window a loooooong time ago 

You respect the office. I have had two presidents I absolutely loathed, potentially 3, but I still respected them, as they are EVERYONE's President.

bluedog
June 17th, 2020, 10:38 AM
Thanks for bringing POLITICS into the football boards. There is a politics board elsewhere.Let me him you out with that.

TheKingpin28
June 17th, 2020, 10:45 AM
Clearly you do care by the example of the fake outrage you seem to feel you have to express. All i can do is offer to talk to you about your feelings one on one like a "MAN". I don't through tantrums, get in my feelings or (what's the new phrase) get triggered by something some stranger post. I like to feel that I'm just a little more stable than that. Now if you don't have the courage to express your feelings to me one on one like a man. I would appreciate it if you stop harassing me about your personal issues.

Oh the irony in this post. You clearly disrespect the President and then you try and play the high road on this. If this is what you define as harassing, you are indeed a snowflake. I just thought it was ironic you are blaming those who followed Orange Orangutan, his name is President Trump, when in reality, the riots and other events will lead to mass uptick. I'm done with this. This is not the board for it, but do not call the President or any President for that matter and not expected to be called out.

bluedog
June 17th, 2020, 10:50 AM
the idea that all presidents need to be discussed in a respectful manner went out the window a loooooong time ago 😂

The real hilarious part is two folds. 1. I never named anyone 2. He's probably considers himself a staunch supporter of free speech.

cx500d
June 17th, 2020, 10:50 AM
Let me him you out with that.

Huh?

bluedog
June 17th, 2020, 10:53 AM
Oh the irony in this post. You clearly disrespect the President and then you try and play the high road on this. If this is what you define as harassing, you are indeed a snowflake. I just thought it was ironic you are blaming those who followed Orange Orangutan, his name is President Trump, when in reality, the riots and other events will lead to mass uptick. I'm done with this. This is not the board for it, but do not call the President or any President for that matter and not expected to be called out.

Stop hiding behind a key board and be a "MAN" and call me directly. If not i'm just going to put you on ignore.

wapiti
June 17th, 2020, 10:53 AM
Mods: Please move this thread to the political channel

bluedog
June 17th, 2020, 11:00 AM
Mods: Please move this thread to the political channelThere's nothing political about it. So stop whinging. If anything the mods need to deleted the post that attempt to turn it in that direction

OhioHen
June 17th, 2020, 11:04 AM
There's nothing political about it. So stop whinging. If anything the mods need to deleted the post that attempt to turn it in that direction

Mods, bluedog would like you to delete the post quoted below (even though he has the ability to do so himself as the originator of said post).

bluedog
June 17th, 2020, 11:11 AM
Mods, bluedog would like you to delete the post quoted below (even though he has the ability to do so himself as the originator of said post).

That's simply a point of fact buddy boy

ursus arctos horribilis
June 17th, 2020, 12:34 PM

blue, you been out for a while but just to let you know I have clamped down real hard on anything political on the FCS boards. Please make a note and anything poli, even a mention of our current president will turn things down a road I don't want us going on the FCSD board. Please make sure to stay away from politics on the sports boards, but especially the FCS main board.xthumbsupx

bluedog
June 17th, 2020, 12:39 PM
blue, you been out for a while but just to let you know I have clamped down real hard on anything political on the FCS boards. Please make a note and anything poli, even a mention of our current president will turn things down a road I don't want us going on the FCSD board. Please make sure to stay away from politics on the sports boards, but especially the FCS main board.xthumbsupxI never once mention the occupant in the WH. But yeah okay.

ursus arctos horribilis
June 17th, 2020, 12:40 PM
You respect the office. I have had two presidents I absolutely loathed, potentially 3, but I still respected them, as they are EVERYONE's President.

You know the rules on this board very well and yet you continue to fan flames of things you have pointed out in the past as politics and requested them to stop? If you carry on with the discussion you are as guilty as the initiator of the debate. Knock it the **** off.

ursus arctos horribilis
June 17th, 2020, 12:43 PM
I never once mention the occupant in the WH. But yeah okay.

Thanks for helping me out but we both know that there can be allusions to things that we all know what they are and thus they are what we know they are regardless of plausible deniability. I just don't want those fires lit in here so I appreciate your help on it.

ursus arctos horribilis
June 17th, 2020, 12:49 PM
Any simple county or demographic analysis of these states makes it very clear that 'MAGA country' is not being impacted by the vast majority of cases in the Deep South just yet. I expect this kind of poor analysis from the pseudo-intellectual urbanists in the Beltway on up the coast who think Mississippi = 90% white racists who aren't wearing masks because Trump doesn't and conveniently forget that Mississippi and Louisiana have an enormous minority population living under the reign of these people. And they consistently forget that that community is impacted by an outsized number of the cases because of disproportionately sub-standard living conditions imposed by the majority that make it more difficult to avoid. I don't expect to hear this misguided language from a southerner. I have no doubt that the virus will swiftly impact Trump's counties at similar rates this summer and fall, but, right now, it is pretty clearly not impacting the stereotypical Trump demographics that badly. Yes, I wish they were taking better precautions to #StopTheSpread, but this should be a stern lesson that we shouldn't wish cheerfully draw conclusions (especially when we are looking at a horrible proxy variable) as if a virus is a karmic retribution against anti-intellectuals breaking rules. Real people are dying, and it's not just 'those other evil people'.

I really just removed 150 people from my Twitter feed so I could get rid of ill-considered 'sick burns' like this from all across the spectrum. I would really appreciate them not taking place in a sub-forum dedicated to the football implications.

As would I so don't be a part of the problem going forward and retorting in here with a post that skews that way.

Not aimed only at you smilo but at all who test the waters on my resolve with this issue. I will, and have frequently just taken the FCS board away from those that have trouble with this task. I give a warning or two but then you are done on the fCS part of the board for a while so please keep this in mind everyone.

One more thing to add here. I know there were probably many of you that wanted to jump in on this and yet you exercised better judgment and did not do so. I thank you for that.xthumbsupx

bluedog
June 17th, 2020, 01:08 PM
Thanks for helping me out but we both know that there can be allusions to things that we all know what they are and thus they are what we know they are regardless of plausible deniability. I just don't want those fires lit in here so I appreciate your help on it.Oh and btw since I got your attention.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Tapatalk!
That forum is running on an out of date Tapatalk plugin, which might be causing issues. We contacted the forum owner to update their plugin. Please report the same to your forum admin as requests from members are looked into more quickly.

Chris
Tapatalk Support

ursus arctos horribilis
June 17th, 2020, 01:14 PM
Oh and btw since I got your attention.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Tapatalk!
That forum is running on an out of date Tapatalk plugin, which might be causing issues. We contacted the forum owner to update their plugin. Please report the same to your forum admin as requests from members are looked into more quickly.

Chris
Tapatalk Support

I'll go check that, thank you.

smilo
June 17th, 2020, 01:18 PM
As would I so don't be a part of the problem going forward and retorting in here with a post that skews that way.

Not aimed only at you smilo but at all who test the waters on my resolve with this issue. I will, and have frequently just taken the FCS board away from those that have trouble with this task. I give a warning or two but then you are done on the fCS part of the board for a while so please keep this in mind everyone.

One more thing to add here. I know there were probably many of you that wanted to jump in on this and yet you exercised better judgment and did not do so. I thank you for that.xthumbsupx

Understood. I'd be glad to have it stamped out and will delete my post. I goofed and though mediation-type language framing us as one team against the virus could sooth the discord. WRONG xbangx I'll try not to make that mistake again.

that guy
June 17th, 2020, 02:15 PM
No uptick here in ND, not much in SD or MT either. Must something else maybe overpopulated areas?

ElCid
June 17th, 2020, 03:46 PM

If you are going to make political posts, you need to make them in the appropriate board. Hint, this is not the appropriate board.

bonarae
June 18th, 2020, 09:09 AM
Just not sure if it's reported here already.

NYT reported 3 HBCU games are cancelled already, including the Detroit Football Classic.

Professor
June 18th, 2020, 09:23 AM
Just not sure if it's reported here already.

NYT reported 3 HBCU games are cancelled already, including the Detroit Football Classic.

the beginning of many cancellations

Anthony215
June 18th, 2020, 09:40 AM
the beginning of many cancellations

Neutral site games aren't going to make financial sense without large crowds, better to cancel and save on the money spent in paying for the facility, security, etc.. rather than play in an empty 70k seat stadium and not make a single dollar off the game. 2021 God willing this virus is under control with vaccinations readily available and all games can go on in a normal fashion with stands packed...