PDA

View Full Version : Former Alabama 5 Star transfers to UT Martin

JacksFan40
June 7th, 2020, 12:43 PM
Maybe someone mentioned this but I can’t find it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/Article/Eyabi-Anoma-linebacker-former-Alabama-Crimson-Tide-5-star-signee-transferring-to-UT-Martin-SkyHawks-Houston-Cougars-147904269/Amp/

For the second time in less than a year, a former five-star football recruit is chaining programs. Former Alabama and Houston linebacker Eyabi Anoma announced his new destination on Friday night.

The former highly-regarded defender will transfer to Tennessee-Martin, which is ironically scheduled to play at Alabama this season on Nov. 14.

cx500d
June 7th, 2020, 04:00 PM
3rd school in 6 months. He has some growing up to do apparently.

VandalBasher
June 7th, 2020, 04:07 PM
3rd school in 6 months. He has some growing up to do apparently.

If what he needs is to be closer to home, then UTM got a steal! A little maturity and he will be balling on Saturdays and spending his time in the classroom M-F.

Best of luck.

JALMOND
June 7th, 2020, 04:17 PM
Sounds like he first needs to work on attending classes.

PaladinFan
June 7th, 2020, 10:08 PM
Sounds like he first needs to work on attending classes.

Best ability is availability.

It's always nice for an FCS school to get a talented athlete, though the overwhelming majority of the time these transfers do not really become program-changing talents.

caribbeanhen
June 7th, 2020, 10:53 PM
what are the odds he never sees the field..... hope he does but lot's of things could go wrong

PaladinFan
June 8th, 2020, 11:51 AM
what are the odds he never sees the field..... hope he does but lot's of things could go wrong

I probably am overlooking some, but in my memory, there is a really short list of highly regarded high school players that (1) played for big programs and (2) transferred down to FCS that made a big impact and elevated their team to title contenders. I can think of maybe three:

Joe Flacco - UD
Ingle Martin - Furman
Randy Moss - Marshall

TheKingpin28
June 8th, 2020, 11:57 AM
I probably am overlooking some, but in my memory, there is a really short list of highly regarded high school players that (1) played for big programs and (2) transferred down to FCS that made a big impact and elevated their team to title contenders. I can think of maybe three:

Joe Flacco - UD
Ingle Martin - Furman
Randy Moss - Marshall

Moss was a different breed. He was just that good.