PDA

View Full Version : JMU's new facility gets attention

DTSpider
August 17th, 2005, 09:33 AM
JMU's new facility gets good publicity in the Richmond paper.

"I've heard a lot of [recruits] come in here and talk about 'This is better than Virginia Tech' and things like that," said JMU sophomore safety Tony LeZotte. "Whenever you can beat out a I-A school in anything, that's huge for recruiting purposes.

http://www.timesdispatch.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=RTD%2FMGArticle%2FRTD_BasicArti cle&c=MGArticle&cid=1031784476887&path=%21sports&s=1045855934844

89Hen
August 17th, 2005, 09:48 AM
The training facility does look awfully nice. But what happens when they get a glimpse of the astroturf A-frame they call a field? :p

WMTribe90
August 17th, 2005, 10:11 AM
The training facility does look awfully nice. But what happens when they get a glimpse of the astroturf A-frame they call a field?

I hear its great for sledding and skiing in the winter time though!

ngineer
August 17th, 2005, 07:36 PM
From the article I read in the Times-Dispatch this seems to be over the top and smacks of what we criticize many of the I-A programs--lavish facilities, catered athletes with their engraved cubicles, and we wonder where the 'T.O's' of world come from?? We create them by pandering to their egos when young, and cultivating them through high school, and college. :deadhorse