PDA

View Full Version : HERO Sports Preseason Top 25

Schism55
May 27th, 2020, 11:14 AM
https://herosports.com/fcs/football-2020-preseason-top-25-bzbz

Professor Chaos
May 27th, 2020, 11:24 AM
The top 3 all being in from the same conference won't ruffle any feathers I'm sure. :)

Now bow down to your MVFC overlords!

Btw, Illinois St is underrated at #12.

citdog
May 27th, 2020, 11:28 AM
vermin better hope it doesn't rain on any Saturday this fall.

Derby City Duke
May 27th, 2020, 12:31 PM
We certainly aren’t top 5 and we’re probably borderline top 10.

Completely untested at QB, essentially replacing the entire receiving corps, lost most of what was only a serviceable secondary, have to replace the 2 A/A DEs, and Dimitri Holloway — probably the most important player on the defense.

Strengths returning- offensive line and the running back stable.

Not saying we won’t be good, but paper says we’re not national seed good yet.

citdog
May 27th, 2020, 12:36 PM
The Citadel at #21 seems a bit low. Furmam at #14 seems a bit high. When was the last time Woffy wasn't in a preseason poll?

PaladinFan
May 27th, 2020, 12:56 PM
The Citadel at #21 seems a bit low. Furmam at #14 seems a bit high. When was the last time Woffy wasn't in a preseason poll?

Meh, I think that's the right spot for Furman. The Paladins won 8 games in 2019, return most of the roster, and spent much of last season ranked in the mid-teens. They'll be better than they were last season.

Not including Wofford is surprising, but suggestive of just how many players the Terriers lost of last year's team.

BEAR
May 27th, 2020, 01:41 PM
UCA at #10 is about right. We’ve been hanging around the top 15 pretty steadily. Our next goal is to get over that second round hump as s program. Had we not lost our QBs in 2018 we might have won or shared the SLC title that year too. Oh well. Let’s all have a safe season!

UCA vs Austin Peay is going to be a good top 25 game to start the season for our fans!

FU_Paladin08
May 27th, 2020, 01:57 PM
Just glad to see Furman beginning the season ranked again. Hope I never have to see those unranked days again.

Even UTC coming in ahead of Woffy. Yikes.

TheKingpin28
May 27th, 2020, 02:18 PM
The preseason poll is, IMO, the hardest one to gauge. I give anyone props who puts one out. It's really the only poll outside of weeks 1 and 2 where criticism is hard to give unless there are glaring issues and omissions from it.

ElCid
May 27th, 2020, 02:19 PM

Completely untested at QB, essentially replacing the entire receiving corps, lost most of what was only a serviceable secondary, have to replace the 2 A/A DEs, and Dimitri Holloway — probably the most important player on the defense.

Most polls, including the best one...have an inclination to look backward, more than forward.

favorite football fan
May 27th, 2020, 02:22 PM
This will be interesting to see. If we do not get to have a season then this will be the Top 25 for the 2021 Fall?
But if there is a season, and the second wave of virus hits (which will be before Thanksgiving as virus' do not operate on a calendar), then the season will end with maybe 7 games in and no playoffs. But if there is a season and some schools cannot participate that may affect SOS? Some team cannot play a game because the whole team was unable to travel or play due to one player who has The Virus and has exposed the entire team and has to wait 14 days.

From the article: The FCS (https://herosports.com/fcs-football) football season is right around the corner, and momentum continues to build that games will be played....nothing gets fans more amped for the season than a preseason Top 25.

All these hopes; all these great predictions; all these great and wonderful signs of hope in the air; all these praises to God be the Glory; all these dreams of seeing your team play on Saturday; all this preparation of getting the travel plans, getting your smack talk fine-tuned, getting the gas grill ready, scheduling your Saturday of "honeydo's all completed in order to listen to the game on the radio; all this hope and gesturing toward returning to life as we once knew it; .......Only to be shot down at the last minute, or cancelled due to the entire team being exposed to The Virus or the season suspended while either the season is going on when playoff determination and conference championships are being decided and turns into nothing more than forlorn hope.

But CDC be damned!!! Guidelines be damned!!! Let's alter the guidelines so it fits with our plans to play!!! We demand a full season and who cares if we get one game or two in, we need football like oxygen; that molecular structure that keeps all life forms in a state of perpetual motion and let's humans have a soul in which to praise a higher power for our gridiron success or curse it for letting us down again. And this higher power is none other than the Holy Trinity. This Holy Trinity of the CDC Father, Dr StrangeGloves as the son and the Scarf Queen of the Public Health Holy Spirit who will serve consul to all the kings and queens of their various regions of this great land which will allow us the gratification of enjoyment on their terms.

Who cares if I have to wrap myself in industrial strength bubble wrap and wear a welder's mask and be in the stands with only 100 people 10 feet apart in a stadium that can hold 20,000. I want to watch that which only a true American can appreciate; to savor the air of a crisp Autumn day through a ventilation port on my custom team logo'd CDC-approved sterile fiberglass virus-repellent welder's mask; to watch the young men spare on the field of competitive battle for my pure enjoyment; ticket price be damned!!! I will pay any amount to see the contest and go through any other expense just so the game is played.

The Virus cannot withstand the sheer will power of my determination to watch and enjoy football. I do not care if my team, favored to win, is down by six in the fourth quarter and has the ball with 1:50 on the opponent's 15 yard line left and the referees call the game because The Virus has been spotted as someone in the stands was detected by contact tracing and the public health officials caught up to him and somehow got into the game too late for the contact tracers to rodeo him and confine him for 14 days. I do not care as I was 100 feet away from him but more importantly, I got to see a game. A game full of suspense, pomp and circumstance, the 9 yards and a cloud of dust and a game of mere inches; I was able to take in the flavor, the mood, the near ecstasy of success only to be let down again. But I do have one thing that I can cherish. I now have material to talk about on AGS that I can argue for at least three years.

MSUBobcat
May 27th, 2020, 02:37 PM
Just glad to see Furman beginning the season ranked again. Hope I never have to see those unranked days again.

Even UTC coming in ahead of Woffy. Yikes.

All we know is Chatty comes before Woffy alphabetically. I'm not sure how much value ORV should be given when there's only 2 voters listing 30 teams anyway. Should have just shown the top-25 ranking for both "voters". Does it really matter if one of 2 voters thinks team XYZ is the 30th best, but the other voter didn't? Oh well, just a preseason poll to have something to criticize. xdrunkyx

citdog
May 27th, 2020, 02:42 PM
This will be interesting to see. If we do not get to have a season then this will be the Top 25 for the 2021 Fall?
But if there is a season, and the second wave of virus hits (which will be before Thanksgiving as virus' do not operate on a calendar), then the season will end with maybe 7 games in and no playoffs. But if there is a season and some schools cannot participate that may affect SOS? Some team cannot play a game because the whole team was unable to travel or play due to one player who has The Virus and has exposed the entire team and has to wait 14 days.

From the article: The FCS (https://herosports.com/fcs-football) football season is right around the corner, and momentum continues to build that games will be played....nothing gets fans more amped for the season than a preseason Top 25.

All these hopes; all these great predictions; all these great and wonderful signs of hope in the air; all these praises to God be the Glory; all these dreams of seeing your team play on Saturday; all this preparation of getting the travel plans, getting your smack talk fine-tuned, getting the gas grill ready, scheduling your Saturday of "honeydo's all completed in order to listen to the game on the radio; all this hope and gesturing toward returning to life as we once knew it; .......Only to be shot down at the last minute, or cancelled due to the entire team being exposed to The Virus or the season suspended while either the season is going on when playoff determination and conference championships are being decided and turns into nothing more than forlorn hope.

But CDC be damned!!! Guidelines be damned!!! Let's alter the guidelines so it fits with our plans to play!!! We demand a full season and who cares if we get one game or two in, we need football like oxygen; that molecular structure that keeps all life forms in a state of perpetual motion and let's humans have a soul in which to praise a higher power for our gridiron success or curse it for letting us down again. And this higher power is none other than the Holy Trinity. This Holy Trinity of the CDC Father, Dr StrangeGloves as the son and the Scarf Queen of the Public Health Holy Spirit who will serve consul to all the kings and queens of their various regions of this great land which will allow us the gratification of enjoyment on their terms.

Who cares if I have to wrap myself in industrial strength bubble wrap and wear a welder's mask and be in the stands with only 100 people 10 feet apart in a stadium that can hold 20,000. I want to watch that which only a true American can appreciate; to savor the air of a crisp Autumn day through a ventilation port on my custom team logo'd CDC-approved sterile fiberglass virus-repellent welder's mask; to watch the young men spare on the field of competitive battle for my pure enjoyment; ticket price be damned!!! I will pay any amount to see the contest and go through any other expense just so the game is played.

The Virus cannot withstand the sheer will power of my determination to watch and enjoy football. I do not care if my team, favored to win, is down by six in the fourth quarter and has the ball with 1:50 on the opponent's 15 yard line left and the referees call the game because The Virus has been spotted as someone in the stands was detected by contact tracing and the public health officials caught up to him and somehow got into the game too late for the contact tracers to rodeo him and confine him for 14 days. I do not care as I was 100 feet away from him but more importantly, I got to see a game. A game full of suspense, pomp and circumstance, the 9 yards and a cloud of dust and a game of mere inches; I was able to take in the flavor, the mood, the near ecstasy of success only to be let down again. But I do have one thing that I can cherish. I now have material to talk about on AGS that I can argue for at least three years.

Jeezus is this a sock puppet account of former poke center?

HootyHoo
May 27th, 2020, 02:46 PM
#11 is not too shabby for the Fighting Owls of Kennesaw State. Naturally, we are ahead of every SOCON team, since we are now officially their daddy. I expect Jonathan Murphy to be the FCS breakout player of the year. Semifinals or bust this season. Hooty Hoo!!!!

citdog
May 27th, 2020, 02:49 PM
#11 is not too shabby for the Fighting Owls of Kennesaw State. Naturally, we are ahead of every SOCON team, since we are now officially their daddy. I expect Jonathan Murphy to be the FCS breakout player of the year. Semifinals or bust this season. Hooty Hoo!!!!

When you only play one good team in the regular season it's easier to be fresh and healthy. Point to the Reinhardt.

HootyHoo
May 27th, 2020, 02:59 PM
When you only play one good team in the regular season it's easier to be fresh and healthy. Point to the Reinhardt.

Whatever helps you sleep at night. Cannot argue with a 3-0 playoff record. Now that North Carolina A&T has joined the Big South, our conference will soon be better than your minor league outfit.

WestCoastAggie
May 27th, 2020, 03:07 PM
Where’s Jax State?

citdog
May 27th, 2020, 03:12 PM
Whatever helps you sleep at night. Cannot argue with a 3-0 playoff record. Now that North Carolina A&T has joined the Big South, our conference will soon be better than your minor league outfit.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcT-4e3BDQWJVkqUErHBfEi9r_Pn24Wnf_oYGVYQ05QAe_UmhCwh&usqp=CAU

JSUSoutherner
May 27th, 2020, 03:22 PM
Where’s Jax State?

Why would we be on there? The only thing we can still do right is embarrass SoCon teams and that's not really saying much.

favorite football fan
May 27th, 2020, 03:29 PM
Jeezus is this a sock puppet account of former poke center?

No. It's me. I know everyone wants to get back to a sense of normalcy. Heck, include me in that as I am itching to get back to normal but that is not the reality. But somehow I am thinking that there is a lot of misplaced enthusiasm as you simply cannot approach things as they once were at this time. Let's hope and pray that we can get back to where we once were four months ago.

Yes, you carry on but things are much more different; even with my job we have to approach things differently and at the same time make plans and execute things as if we were back to normal. I can see the need for the Top 25 but the article should have had a disclaimer with it instead of unadulterated optimism.

It would be the height of lunacy projecting your top 25 teams as if everything is back in normal mode. Who knows, one of your guys may have a breakout year, headed for a record year then WHAMO, The Virus hits the team and has to suspend for 14 days losing all that momentum. There is a very good likelihood of that happening and it does not have to be from player to player transmission but from someone who the player comes into contact with and that could be any one as you cannot put a bubble around a football team indefinitely.

JALMOND
May 27th, 2020, 03:35 PM
Portland State in the ORV column? Interesting. Maybe its because we were one of only a few teams to get our spring workouts in before the virus.

ElCid
May 27th, 2020, 03:40 PM
No. It's me. I know everyone wants to get back to a sense of normalcy. Heck, include me in that as I am itching to get back to normal but that is not the reality. But somehow I am thinking that there is a lot of misplaced enthusiasm as you simply cannot approach things as they once were at this time. Let's hope and pray that we can get back to where we once were four months ago.

Yes, you carry on but things are much more different; even with my job we have to approach things differently and at the same time make plans and execute things as if we were back to normal. I can see the need for the Top 25 but the article should have had a disclaimer with it instead of unadulterated optimism.

It would be the height of lunacy projecting your top 25 teams as if everything is back in normal mode. Who knows, one of your guys may have a breakout year, headed for a record year then WHAMO, The Virus hits the team and has to suspend for 14 days losing all that momentum. There is a very good likelihood of that happening and it does not have to be from player to player transmission but from someone who the player comes into contact with and that could be any one as you cannot put a bubble around a football team indefinitely.

Yeah, kind of like we have felt about the hurricanes the last few years. They have been a sore spot for our team.

But that might happen with the virus. Might not. Plus, we are definitely evolving with regard to the virus. Everything may be different 2-3 months from now. I have heard the full gamut of possibilities from, it burns itself out, to a bad second wave. Speculating is pointless. Educated adjustments is all we can really do. I like that they have optimism. We should all have optimism, even if tempered with realism.

Professor Chaos
May 27th, 2020, 03:45 PM
Where’s Jax State?
In Alabama???

citdog
May 27th, 2020, 04:08 PM
Why would we be on there? The only thing we can still do right is embarrass SoCon teams and that's not really saying much.

Lame

blueGOldMOCS
May 27th, 2020, 04:16 PM
In Alabama???

Love it. Sounds like something I would say...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FU_Paladin08
May 27th, 2020, 04:45 PM
Geez. SoCon better keep these 4 teams in the top 30 this year or we’ll have to at least consider taking criticism from the Big South and OVC seriously.

kdinva
May 27th, 2020, 04:53 PM
Most polls, including the best one...have an inclination to look backward, more than forward.

So true.....I've always hoped for no preseason polls, no in-season poll until the first Monday in October.

JSUSoutherner
May 27th, 2020, 05:16 PM
Geez. SoCon better keep these 4 teams in the top 30 this year or we’ll have to at least consider taking criticism from the Big South and OVC seriously.

I mean we don't care if you take our criticism as long as you keep taking our L's.

mvfcfan
May 27th, 2020, 06:25 PM

The OVC is already better than the SOCON. Would be a good time to try to get ETSU and UTC to join the Ohio Valley.

JacksFan40
May 27th, 2020, 06:36 PM
Wonder how many of these will actually be playing.

JSUSoutherner
May 27th, 2020, 06:39 PM
The OVC is already better than the SOCON. Would be a good time to try to get ETSU and UTC to join the Ohio Valley.

Doubt UTC wants to move and be our b**** full time. Not really any incentive to leave the SoCon truthfully.

JayJ79
May 27th, 2020, 06:44 PM
Cannot argue with a 3-0 playoff record.

can't have a 3-0 playoff record in the FCS playoffs. Either you have one loss somewhere, or you win the national championship (which would take 4 or 5 games)

mvfcfan
May 27th, 2020, 06:47 PM
Doubt UTC wants to move and be our b**** full time. Not really any incentive to leave the SoCon truthfully.

I just think it would be nice to have every FCS program in Tennessee playing in the OVC. They would also both boost up the basketball side of the conference.

citdog
May 27th, 2020, 07:04 PM

HA Ha if you think that you don't know much.

citdog
May 27th, 2020, 07:05 PM
I just think it would be nice to have every FCS program in Tennessee playing in the OVC. They would also both boost up the basketball side of the conference.

I think it would be nice if you ate a bag of schmeckles.

PaladinFan
May 27th, 2020, 10:20 PM

You realize that NC A&T is coming to the Big South to take KSU's postseason bid, right?

KSU's "run and hide" approach to scheduling may only work one more season.

wapiti
May 27th, 2020, 10:24 PM
You realize that NC A&T is coming to the Big South to take KSU's postseason bid, right?

and NC A&T's schedule will change from small cupcakes to average cupcakes.

caribbeanhen
May 27th, 2020, 10:48 PM
15. DELAWAREWith a large contingent of starters back on defense, coupled with some dangerous skill-position talent back on offense, the Blue Hens could be a very interesting team to watch in the CAA -- and maybe beyond.

The dangerous skill set here is QB Nolan Henderson, who was often injured last year but has skills and speed
and a stud RB in Will Knight, these 2 played HS together and won a State Championship at Smyrna so they have some cohesiveness
Knight is a threat to score anytime he touches the ball .... was in top 10 in YPC last year, he can also catch the ball

Pitts and Townsend are some WR's to watch

The Bison caught a glimpse of these 2 last year..... although neither was starting at that time, they both saw some playing time in that game and made an impact with some big plays

On Defense, Delaware brings back Manny Rojos, after a 1 year stint at Lafayette, to be the DC.... word is the players love to play for this guy and hopefully Rojas will be able to convince Danny Rocco to let him do things his way....... put some pressure on the QB

Also, Brian at Hero has been touting the Delaware Freshman Class with some DL in particular, these kids (Brose) will have to be as good as advertised for Delaware to make a big jump and are looking at early PT (I hope)

cx500d
May 27th, 2020, 10:57 PM
15. DELAWARE

With a large contingent of starters back on defense, coupled with some dangerous skill-position talent back on offense, the Blue Hens could be a very interesting team to watch in the CAA -- and maybe beyond.

The dangerous skill set here is QB Nolan Henderson, who was often injured last year but has skills and speed
and a stud RB in Will Knight, these 2 played HS together and won a County Championship at Smyrna so they have some cohesiveness
Knight is a threat to score anytime he touches the ball .... was in top 10 in YPC last year, he can also catch the ball

The Bison caught a glimpse of these 2 last year..... although neither was starting at that time, they both saw some playing time in that game and made an impact with some big plays

On Defense, Delaware brings back Manny Rojos, after a 1 year stint at Lafayette, to be the DC.... word is the players love to play for this guy and hopefully Rojas will be able to convince Danny Rocco to let him do things his way....... put some pressure on the QB

Also, Brian at Hero has been touting the Delaware Freshman Class with some DL in particular, these kids (Brose) will have to be as good as advertised for Delaware to make a big jump and are looking at early PT (I hope)

FYP

BDKJMU
May 28th, 2020, 12:05 AM

At WR lost Polk & R Stapleton, but the 3rd starter Brown returns, + all 3 two deep + have the Duke transfer who started for them last season, and the VMI transfer who had to sit out last season after having 1k yds receiving yds in 2018.

Majority of the secondary returns. Return 2 of 4 starters, 5 of 8 two deep (7 of 10 if you include the SPUR position as a DB). + get the UMASS kid at safety who was starting for them. The secondary was more than serviceable outside of a few games in the 1st half of the season when multiple corners were out (2 terrible games SBU & VU). Were actually #2 in the CAA in pass defense defense, despite most teams throwing on JMU a lot because they were down/and or couldn't run the ball.

Agree on OL- after 4 different OL coaches the last 4 seasons, finally have the same OL coach returning for the 1st time since 2016, and RB stable could be the best ever. I would add to strengths besides the OL & RBs, the 2 studs at DT.

citdog
May 28th, 2020, 12:15 AM

One bid leagues gonna one bid league...

HootyHoo
May 28th, 2020, 12:17 AM
can't have a 3-0 playoff record in the FCS playoffs. Either you have one loss somewhere, or you win the national championship (which would take 4 or 5 games)

3-0 vs the SOCON. As a fan of a program who is 1 of 9 teams to make the postseason in each of the last three seasons, and 1 of only 5 teams to win a game in each of those seasons. I know how the playoffs work. xthumbsupx

BDKJMU
May 28th, 2020, 12:18 AM
Last year's HERO's pre season poll. Only 3 of their top 7, and 6 of their top 12 & 10 of their top 25 made the playoffs.
1. JAMES MADISON
2. NORTH DAKOTA STATE
3. UC DAVIS (5-7, no playoffs)
4. MAINE (6-6, no playoffs)
5. SOUTH DAKOTA STATE
6. JACKSONVILLE STATE (6-6 no playoffs)
7. EASTERN WASHINGTON (7-5 no playoffs)
8. WOFFORD
9. ILLINOIS STATE
10. TOWSON (7-5 no playoffs)
11. WEBER STATE
12. ELON (5-6 no playoffs)
13. NICHOLLS
14. MONTANA STATE
15. FURMAN
16. CENTRAL ARKANSAS
17. YALE ----
18. INDIANA STATE (5-7, no playoffs)
19. CHATTANOOGA (6-6, no playoffs)
20. SAM HOUSTON STATE (7-5, no playoffs)
21. ALCORN STATE ----
22. KENNESAW STATE
23. PRINCETON ----
24. EASTERN KENTUCKY (7-5, no playoffs)
25. THE CITADEL (6-6, no playoffs)

This year's pre season poll will prove to be equally as worthless.

citdog
May 28th, 2020, 12:24 AM
Last year's HERO's pre season poll. Only 3 of their top 7, and 6 of their top 12 & 10 of their top 25 made the playoffs.
1. JAMES MADISON
2. NORTH DAKOTA STATE
3. UC DAVIS (5-7, no playoffs)
4. MAINE (6-6, no playoffs)
5. SOUTH DAKOTA STATE
6. JACKSONVILLE STATE (6-6 no playoffs)
7. EASTERN WASHINGTON (7-5 no playoffs)
8. WOFFORD
9. ILLINOIS STATE
10. TOWSON (7-5 no playoffs)
11. WEBER STATE
12. ELON (5-6 no playoffs)
13. NICHOLLS
14. MONTANA STATE
15. FURMAN
16. CENTRAL ARKANSAS
17. YALE ----
18. INDIANA STATE (5-7, no playoffs)
19. CHATTANOOGA (6-6, no playoffs)
20. SAM HOUSTON STATE (7-5, no playoffs)
21. ALCORN STATE ----
22. KENNESAW STATE
23. PRINCETON ----
24. EASTERN KENTUCKY (7-5, no playoffs)
25. THE CITADEL (6-6, no playoffs)

This year's pre season poll will prove to be equally as worthless.

Which poll do you vote in?

lionsrking2
May 28th, 2020, 12:27 AM
Preseason rankings don't matter but I do think we'll be there in the end. May be better than last year when said and done.

HootyHoo
May 28th, 2020, 12:30 AM

That's rich coming from a furman fan. The team who literally canceled our 2019 matchup at the last second. Probably because the last time furman played KSU, we put up 49 points in the first half in your house. Now that's what i call a "run and hide" approach.

citdog
May 28th, 2020, 12:39 AM
That's rich coming from a furman fan. The team who literally canceled our 2019 matchup at the last second. Probably because the last time furman played KSU, we put up 49 points in the first half in your house. Now that's what i call a "run and hide" approach.

Point to where the Reinhardt touched you.

HootyHoo
May 28th, 2020, 12:42 AM
Point to where the Reinhardt touched you.

That's ironic, as Reinhardt was the team we were forced to schedule because Furman bailed on us.

citdog
May 28th, 2020, 12:49 AM
Point still on that murders row of a schedule in 2020 though. Plus Tarleton and the laughable Big South schedule. Dude you should just know when to shut up.

HootyHoo
May 28th, 2020, 12:59 AM
Point still on that murders row of a schedule in 2020 though. Plus Tarleton and the laughable Big South schedule. Dude you should just know when to shut up.

Dude, Kennesaw State has literally made a hobby out of ending socon seasons. KSU is 6-2 vs the socon. If the Citadel wants a lesson in option football, be my guest. But take it from your friends at wofford. Schedule at your own risk. xshhhx

citdog
May 28th, 2020, 02:24 AM
Dude, Kennesaw State has literally made a hobby out of ending socon seasons. KSU is 6-2 vs the socon. If the Citadel wants a lesson in option football, be my guest. But take it from your friends at wofford. Schedule at your own risk. xshhhx

Like I said when you play nobody in the regular season it is quite easy to be healthy and fresh. If your commuter school was in a good conference you'd play 9 good teams at a minimum each season. Don't worry though you have another school coming into your league who is also used to an easy ride through the season and y'all can fight it out for the little South title.

PaladinFan
May 28th, 2020, 05:13 AM

You know what the schedule needs? Kent State.

But we already played Kent State. Just last season.

MORE!

JSUSoutherner
May 28th, 2020, 06:03 AM
That's ironic, as Reinhardt was the team we were forced to schedule because Furman bailed on us.

Furman bailed on you guys? No way!

PaladinFan
May 28th, 2020, 06:37 AM
Furman bailed on you guys? No way!

HootyHoo has repeated that line several times. It isn't true. Kennesaw State requested to move the game, not Furman.

https://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/sports/college/furman/2019/11/22/college-football-point-university-gives-furman-chance-play-another-game-maybe-more/4242341002/

It began when a non-conference opponent originally on this year’s schedule asked two years ago to push its game with Furman further into the future. That – along with the 2019 fall calendar allowing FCS teams to schedule 12 regular-season games – left the Paladins with a hole in the schedule.

JSUSoutherner
May 28th, 2020, 06:46 AM
HootyHoo has repeated that line several times. It isn't true. Kennesaw State requested to move the game, not Furman.

https://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/sports/college/furman/2019/11/22/college-football-point-university-gives-furman-chance-play-another-game-maybe-more/4242341002/

Almost like Colgate or whoever it was was the reason you guys cancelled your home game from the hurricane that didn't hit a couple years ago?

WeAreThePride
May 28th, 2020, 07:00 AM
I think it's silly to assume JMU would take a step all the way back to 5, implying a quarterfinal loss. They should be number 2 until someone other than NDSU beats them.

WeAreThePride
May 28th, 2020, 07:04 AM
3-0? How did you manage to skip the first round an win a Natty?

PaladinFan
May 28th, 2020, 07:30 AM
Almost like Colgate or whoever it was was the reason you guys cancelled your home game from the hurricane that didn't hit a couple years ago?

I appreciate how hard you a trying.

Gangtackle11
May 28th, 2020, 07:57 AM
15. DELAWARE

With a large contingent of starters back on defense, coupled with some dangerous skill-position talent back on offense, the Blue Hens could be a very interesting team to watch in the CAA -- and maybe beyond.

and a stud RB in Will Knight, these 2 played HS together and won a State Championship at Smyrna so they have some cohesiveness

https://villanova.com/news/2019/11/23/football-battle-of-the-blue-trophy-stays-home-as-wildcats-thump-delaware-55-33.aspx

Enjoy your end of season rivalry game vs. Delaware State!

JSUSoutherner
May 28th, 2020, 08:04 AM
I appreciate how hard you a trying.

If I was trying I would have actually dug up the posts from you guys talking about the SoCon getting back to the pre-App/GSU departure levels.

I'm putting in less effort than the Confederacy against the Union. Can't be bothered to do actual work just to annoy some SoCon peons.

DFW HOYA
May 28th, 2020, 08:32 AM
https://villanova.com/news/2019/11/23/football-battle-of-the-blue-trophy-stays-home-as-wildcats-thump-delaware-55-33.aspx

Just 5,319 at Villanova Stadium for a game versus Delaware? A Villanova-Georgetown game would draw as much or more interest.

BigBlueMU
May 28th, 2020, 09:00 AM
Ummm...KSU ranked #11 and Monmouth not receiving votes??? xeyebrowx

MR. CHICKEN
May 28th, 2020, 09:40 AM

31567....AN' YOUSE PIGGY FANS....THINK...AH DON'T MAKE SENSE.........WHEW!......xchinscratchx......BRAWK!

caribbeanhen
May 28th, 2020, 09:58 AM
Just 5,319 at Villanova Stadium for a game versus Delaware? A Villanova-Georgetown game would draw as much or more interest.

how many fans would Georgetown bring to this game if ever played? Granted Nova fans are not interested in Delaware of anyone else, the interest in that game is primarily Delaware fans

caribbeanhen
May 28th, 2020, 10:00 AM

The School Girl crush is strong here and allows the voters to overlook actual game results

caribbeanhen
May 28th, 2020, 10:05 AM

Enjoy your end of season rivalry game vs. Delaware State!

Census takers, note that Gangtackle is alive and well

citdog
May 28th, 2020, 11:27 AM
If I was trying I would have actually dug up the posts from you guys talking about the SoCon getting back to the pre-App/GSU departure levels.

I'm putting in less effort than the Confederacy against the Union. Can't be bothered to do actual work just to annoy some SoCon peons.

Lamer

that guy
May 28th, 2020, 12:01 PM
I know it is a preseason poll but if SDSU is 2 i would say it is a down year for FCS.:)

POD Knows
May 28th, 2020, 01:46 PM
I know it is a preseason poll but if SDSU is 2 i would say it is a down year for FCS.:)I have SDSU at a solid #2 in my poll, #BOOKIT

WestCoastAggie
May 28th, 2020, 02:53 PM

Did Monmouth lose their QB that transferred from Georgia State?

Professor
May 28th, 2020, 04:44 PM
I know it is a preseason poll but if SDSU is 2 i would say it is a down year for FCS.:)

At the end of the day , it really doesn't matter. NDSU will be beating someone in Fricso in Jan.

Gangtackle11
May 28th, 2020, 05:32 PM
Census takers, note that Gangtackle is alive and well

Lol. Just level setting Blue Chicks fans expectations early on once again.

TheKingpin28
May 28th, 2020, 06:21 PM
I have SDSU at a solid #2 in my poll, #BOOKITBruh...

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

NDSU1980
May 29th, 2020, 10:42 PM
I have SDSU at a solid #2 in my poll, #BOOKIT

Maybe I'm looking too far ahead, but you just know SDSU will choke at some point and slip. I've got more faith in UNI being a viable #2 team.

Henny
May 30th, 2020, 08:41 AM

No need GT. This coach should be winning FCS championships with the support he gets from the Admin. The 125,000 sq ft. athletic center is near completion and all eyes are on Rocco to get it done. No excuses.

Nova needs to address the D if you are to make a playoff run.

Gangtackle11
May 30th, 2020, 08:58 AM
No need GT. This coach should be winning FCS championships with the support he gets from the Admin. The 125,000 sq ft. athletic center is near completion and all eyes are on Rocco to get it done. No excuses.

Nova needs to address the D if you are to make a playoff run.

I agree with your assessment on Nova. They will run roughshod on most scheduled opponents with an offense that will put up 40+ most Saturdays this fall. The defense will determine if it’s just a playoff team or can make a deep run in the playoffs.

That said, they will be a top CAA team if healthy even if the defense doesn’t improve. I see a lot of 42-31 scores coming this season. We’ll see if Delaware can hang with them even if Delaware State is your so called rival now. xpeacex

POD Knows
May 30th, 2020, 09:56 AM
Maybe I'm looking too far ahead, but you just know SDSU will choke at some point and slip. I've got more faith in UNI being a viable #2 team.
SDSU won't choke, this is their year to shine, got their QB back, good offensive line, they might win it all #BOOKIT

cx500d
May 30th, 2020, 03:03 PM
When you are scheduled to play Delaware, be ready for some lame excuse like covid, flu, need to study for finals, etc., for a late face saving game cancellation.

cx500d
May 30th, 2020, 03:05 PM
But they have Farley

Gangtackle11
May 30th, 2020, 03:08 PM
When you are scheduled to play Delaware, be ready for some lame excuse like covid, flu, need to study for finals, etc., for a late face saving game cancellation.

Its too late for that now for them with us. 8 straight curb stomps & 13 of 14 has their AD scheduling Delaware State now as their season finale rival game. Can’t blame her given the lopsided results of this once intense rivalry. xpeacex

POD Knows
May 30th, 2020, 03:12 PM
Lol. Just level setting Blue Chicks fans expectations early on once again.When you are up by a couple TD's late in the game, run a few trick plays, their fans like that stuff. Fake field goals are particularly effective late in the game as they seem to have a hard time defending those.

NY Crusader 2010
May 30th, 2020, 05:34 PM

Sorry, no it wouldn't.

TheKingpin28
May 30th, 2020, 08:55 PM
When you are up by a couple TD's late in the game, run a few trick plays, their fans like that stuff. Fake field goals are particularly effective late in the game as they seem to have a hard time defending those.But if they try and score, it's all good since it's supposed to be a 1-way game.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk