cx500d
May 27th, 2020, 05:58 AM
This is funny

“Projected postseason qualifiers beyond SWAC championship game: 1.”

ElCid
May 27th, 2020, 09:34 AM
lul

https://sports.yahoo.com/ranking-fcs-conferences-2020-102022529--ncaaf.html

It is funny. Because we all know that predictions are usually always correct. Eh. We will see.

FUBeAR
May 27th, 2020, 09:46 AM
Not triggered - FUBeAR would place SoCon behind Big South, Ivy, and possibly, MEAC. Still probably ahead of OVC though.

JSUSoutherner
May 27th, 2020, 10:17 AM
It is funny. Because we all know that predictions are usually always correct. Eh. We will see.
I do remember a bunch of predictions before last season that the SoCon would start to push the MVFC. Obviously that worked out well.

citdog
May 27th, 2020, 10:19 AM
It must be nice to play in leagues where one can not play all of the other teams in that league.

FUBeAR
May 27th, 2020, 10:56 AM
I do remember a bunch of predictions before last season that the SoCon would start to push the MVFC.
Links?

Professor Chaos
May 27th, 2020, 11:34 AM
This is funny

“Projected postseason qualifiers beyond SWAC championship game: 1.”
I assume they're referring to their Celebration Bowl representative... if not they're smoking the good stuff.

I do remember a bunch of predictions before last season that the SoCon would start to push the MVFC. Obviously that worked out well.
All I know is everyone on the selection committee was out to get Furman and their only goal was to deny Furman their rightful playoff spot. Every. Single. One. Of. Them.

*checks notes* Oh, I guess they did make the playoffs last year.

*checks notes again* Well, not really...

PaladinFan
May 27th, 2020, 11:51 AM

No you don't.

Most SoCon fans on here are well aware that the conference is not the bell cow it was 15 years ago.

citdog
May 27th, 2020, 12:14 PM
I assume they're referring to their Celebration Bowl representative... if not they're smoking the good stuff.

All I know is everyone on the selection committee was out to get Furman and their only goal was to deny Furman their rightful playoff spot. Every. Single. One. Of. Them.

*checks notes* Oh, I guess they did make the playoffs last year.

*checks notes again* Well, not really...

Furman inhales vigorously

PaladinFan
May 27th, 2020, 12:29 PM
Links?

If he could provide sources and accurate statements, it wouldn't be trolling now, would it?

cx500d
May 27th, 2020, 06:17 PM

Yeah I know, I was laughing at the notion someone thinks a 2nd place team in the SWAC might make the playoffs

citdog
May 27th, 2020, 07:06 PM
If he could provide sources and accurate statements, it wouldn't be trolling now, would it?

Never stopped me...