PDA

View Full Version : In 1 Days The 2020 AGS Countdown Begins

ursus arctos horribilis
May 22nd, 2020, 01:50 PM
A Brief History of the FCS Countdown

The countdown had its start in 1998 at the old ESPN I-AA forums, with GreatAppSt (GAS) inventing it. When the I-AA community there moved forward to start AGS in June 2003, GAS continued the countdown until his team moved to FBS in 2014, hereafter Tribe4SF (W&M fan) took over to continue the countdown through the 2018 season. Tribe4SF has asked bonarae to take the countdown over since that time .

bonarae is the current countdown master and also a Harvard/ETSU fan.

Here are the basic rules (these are a request by me not really rules but the term is being used loosely here) of the countdown.

Countdown will start 100 calendar days before the FIRST REGULAR SATURDAY of the FCS football season (i.e. if a season has an FCS Kickoff game of the season and there are any other games on the same week as that game, those games count as Week Zero games for this purpose), and will end on the first regular Saturday of the FCS football season.

Post only FCS players and coaches. You can post the coaches on any open days you have in your numerical roster as that day's submission. You can post your team or any other FCS team, provided that no other poster has done this for that team on the appropriate day’s thread.

You can post only on the appropriate day of the countdown. These threads are very likely to be locked upon the posting of the next days thread. Be on time or you miss out on it.

100 days before the first regular Saturday for 2020 is May 28, 2020, a Thursday.

Threads will be titled as such going forward:

XX DAYS (AGS COUNTDOWN 2020)

I request that you all use this layout:

-Picture
-First Name, Last Name, Position
-Team, #
-Height, Weight
-Class/Playing Year
-Hometown
-High School & any other schools if necessary.
-Highlights of the player, if there are any (e.g. all-conference honors)
-Post links to the player/coach profile whenever possible.

This site is about promotion and discussion of the fine coaches & players that bring us what we all appreciate as a great level of this sport.

If you are new please put a good effort into this. It is not easy and I appreciate the work and pride you guys put into these.

Thank you to bonarae for taking over the chores to start the daily threads for this season. If bonarae does not have a thread started by noon ET then it is open to anyone to open that days thread for us.

This has been handed down from GAS to Tribe to bonarae now by the downstream person being the backup for the starter in case they were out for a day or two. Dewey is acting as bonarae's backup in case a fill is needed.

citdog
May 22nd, 2020, 01:53 PM
A great way to learn about other teams in our subdivision and their players. Appreciate the efforts of all involved!

ursus arctos horribilis
May 22nd, 2020, 01:55 PM
A great way to learn about other teams in our subdivision and their players. Appreciate the efforts of all involved!

Completely agree, It is always cool to come in and check out teams on an individual, daily basis like this.

TheKingpin28
May 22nd, 2020, 03:43 PM
Some of my favorite topics. Gives those unsung players a chance to be noticed for the work they put into the game.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 22nd, 2020, 04:32 PM
Some of my favorite topics. Gives those unsung players a chance to be noticed for the work they put into the game.

For sure. I also like to see where they cam from and all that. Also like comparing the measurements. Doesn't determine what kind of player they are or anything but it is still fun to look over in the run up to the year.

Derby City Duke
May 22nd, 2020, 07:50 PM
This is really cool. I remember the countdown but didn’t know it’s history.

FUBeAR
May 23rd, 2020, 08:17 AM
I told myself I wasn’t going to do it this year, but after reading this history, and, pretty much being the only Mercer Fan on this Board, I’m feeling a tug of obligation to change my mind & take up the 100 days mantle for the Bears again.

Possible to post links to some of the prior years’ threads for 100, 99, 98, etc., as they arise, in this thread, maybe, or in a new “History of the 100 Days” thread with 100 posts that could be revived each successive year & edited to include links to each prior year’s corresponding days? Might be fun & interesting to take a walk back in time. Just an idea.

cx500d
May 23rd, 2020, 12:31 PM
This is a good thread for SFA marketing

ursus arctos horribilis
May 23rd, 2020, 01:02 PM
I told myself I wasn’t going to do it this year, but after reading this history, and, pretty much being the only Mercer Fan on this Board, I’m feeling a tug of obligation to change my mind & take up the 100 days mantle for the Bears again.

Possible to post links to some of the prior years’ threads for 100, 99, 98, etc., as they arise, in this thread, maybe, or in a new “History of the 100 Days” thread with 100 posts that could be revived each successive year & edited to include links to each prior year’s corresponding days? Might be fun & interesting to take a walk back in time. Just an idea.

This is a really cool idea and I will give this some thought but damn that would be some search work so maybe we'll start with this year and vove back. Don't let me forget about this oneI just don't have time to start on it right now.

I know what I will do though. I will start a document and anyone that feels like finding some links can add them to the sheet maybe. Does this seem like something anyone would want to do?

McNeese72
May 23rd, 2020, 03:01 PM
Hopefully, there won't be any holds in the countdown and the launch of FCS football will be on time. ;)

Doc

ursus arctos horribilis
May 23rd, 2020, 05:40 PM
Hopefully, there won't be any holds in the countdown and the launch of FCS football will be on time. ;)

Doc

It won't matter as far as the countdown goes. We will run it straight on through as it would have been even if it changes as far as start date. Now if word comes out in the next 5 days that it changed then we'll incorporate it but other than that the clock starts on what we know and if it runs out prior to season starting due to push back then I guess we just have some extra time to talk about other stuff.

dewey
May 24th, 2020, 01:29 AM
I am pumped to be highlighting the student athletes for the 16 time National Champions the North Dakota State University BisonBison.

I think I have been covering the NDSU team since 2012 or 2013.

Go Bison!

Dewey

ursus arctos horribilis
May 24th, 2020, 12:45 PM
I am pumped to be highlighting the student athletes for the 16 time National Champions the North Dakota State University BisonBison.

I think I have been covering the NDSU team since 2012 or 2013.

Go Bison!

Dewey

Yep, you are a staple and you do such a good and complete job you have elevated the way we do this thing. Glad to see you are back on it this year.

bonarae
May 25th, 2020, 08:37 AM
Excited to lead the countdown for the second year in a row with Ursus' help and guidance, of course! xthumbsupx

dewey
May 25th, 2020, 12:01 PM
Threads will be titled as such going forward:

XX DAYS (AGS COUNTDOWN 2020)

I request that you all use this layout:

-Picture
-First Name, Last Name, Position
-Team, #
-Height, Weight
-Class/Playing Year
-Hometown
-High School & any other schools if necessary.
-Highlights of the player, if there are any (e.g. all-conference honors)
-Post links to the player/coach profile whenever possible.

This site is about promotion and discussion of the fine coaches & players that bring us what we all appreciate as a great level of this sport.

If you are new please put a good effort into this. It is not easy and I appreciate the work and pride you guys put into these.

Thank you to bonarae for taking over the chores to start the daily threads for this season. If bonarae does not have a thread started by noon ET then it is open to anyone to open that days thread for us.

This has been handed down from GAS to Tribe to bonarae now by the downstream person being the backup for the starter in case they were out for a day or two. Dewey is acting as bonarae's backup in case a fill is needed.

Creating a post usually takes me about 5 minutes to do since NDSU does a really nice job of compiling all the information.

Here is a post I made last year for #94.

Here is #94 for the 15 time and 2 time defending National Champions the North Dakota State University Bison.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190529/f140453673bbdd96eb73843dee4f3167.jpg

#94 Costner Ching
Class: Redshirt Sophomore
Position: Defensive Tackle
Height: 6'3"
Weight: 280
Hometown: Castlewood, S.D.
High School: Castlewood HS

*2017 MVFC Honor Roll

2017 SEASON (REDSHIRT): Sat out the season as a redshirt in the Bison program...Made the Missouri Valley Football Conference honor roll.

HIGH SCHOOL: 2017 graduate of Castlewood High School...Four-year starter and two-time captain under coach Doug Ruesink...Played offensive line, tight end and defensive line...Three-time all-conference...Conference MVP as a senior...Named to the Sioux Falls Argus Leader Elite 45 and the South Dakota all-star game...All-state first team tight end in 2016...Caught 15 passes for 186 yards and scored four 2-point conversions...On defense, had 76 tackles with four sacks, four fumble recoveries and two forced fumbles...In two years at tight end, caught 21 passes for 298 yards and two TDs...Had 210 tackles and 12 sacks in his career...Team captain in basketball...State track and field qualifier in the discus throw including a fifth-place finish.

PERSONAL: Majoring in general agriculture...Son of Jeff and Tamra Ching...Father played football at South Dakota State...Has two brothers, Carver and Canyon...Also has an uncle who played at Nebraska, a cousin who played at South Dakota State, and a cousin who played volleyball at LSU.

Good luck with the upcoming season and in the classroom Costner.

Go Bison!

Dewey

ursus arctos horribilis
May 26th, 2020, 04:17 PM
bump

bonarae
May 27th, 2020, 05:19 AM
One day left. xhurrayx