PDA

View Full Version : CSU schools closed for the fall semester

clenz
May 12th, 2020, 04:18 PM
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/12/us/coronavirus-live-news-updates.html?action=click&module=Spotlight&pgtype=Homepage

That means all 23 campus locations closed

That includes Cal Poly and Sac State - along with Fresno St, San Diego St and San Jose St

How will this impact the Big Sky (or MWC) when it comes to football schedules? I assume that would also mean those schools are also going to have to cancel their basketball season as well as it's fall and winter - and thus also wrestling at Fresno State - which just restarted 2 years ago

WestCoastAggie
May 12th, 2020, 04:21 PM
Expect the UC system to follow suit.

Laker
May 12th, 2020, 04:26 PM
Unbelievable. It isn't even the midpoint of May yet.

blueGOldMOCS
May 12th, 2020, 06:25 PM
California will be on lock-down for 3 more months? Unbelievable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DFW HOYA
May 12th, 2020, 06:31 PM
California is not Alabama.

blueGOldMOCS
May 12th, 2020, 06:32 PM
Nor Tennessee

coover
May 12th, 2020, 08:26 PM
Fascist Governor!

FCS_pwns_FBS
May 12th, 2020, 09:30 PM
These lock-downers are going to do some serious damage to higher learning if they're really going to move classes online for the Fall. How many freshmen are going to want to do their first ever post-secondary learning online?

favorite football fan
May 12th, 2020, 10:08 PM
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/12/us/coronavirus-live-news-updates.html?action=click&module=Spotlight&pgtype=Homepage
That means all 23 campus locations closed That includes Cal Poly and Sac State - along with Fresno St, San Diego St and San Jose St
How will this impact the Big Sky (or MWC) when it comes to football schedules? I assume that would also mean those schools are also going to have to cancel their basketball season as well as it's fall and winter - and thus also wrestling at Fresno State - which just restarted 2 years ago

heehehheheheee....democrats......Mercedes Marxists....limousine liberals......*snicker* U-haul will do a booming business there very soon.

If I remember my history, wasn't it those people called "okies" that left the midwest during the Dust Bowl and headed to California? Looks like they will be following their ancestors and fleeing the state like some refugees from a dilapidated country.

But I thought there was P5 money to be made from all those TV contracts? Don't they know they can play football with no fans in the stadiums? Don't they know that they can still play football? My God, the inhumanity of it all.

Laker
May 12th, 2020, 10:10 PM
D2 CCAA isn't having sports this fall either.

https://goccaa.org/news/2020/5/12/general-ccaa-suspends-ncaa-competition-for-fall-2020.aspx

caribbeanhen
May 12th, 2020, 10:47 PM
These lock-downers are going to do some serious damage to higher learning if they're really going to move classes online for the Fall. How many freshmen are going to want to do their first ever post-secondary learning online?

double whammie for both parents and kids

Raven Maniac
May 13th, 2020, 09:10 AM
Wonder if all the D1 schools in Texas could play each other next year? All in-state travel, enough schools for 2 divisions, playoff game. ESPN would eat it up. Lots of revenue for the schools.

walliver
May 13th, 2020, 09:21 AM
So far, most schools in the South are planning on reopening in August or September.
Much of the value of of classical higher education is the interaction between students. Harvard, for example, doesn't haven't secret knowledge of teaching techniques unknown to the University of Phoenix. The primary benefit of Harvard is letting smart kids interact with each other (and letting smart kids interact with rich kids who can finance their endeavors).
"Stay at home" serves to flatten the curve, but cannot eliminate it. With appropriate protocols, there is no reason healthy students shouldn't be able to congregate on somewhat closed campuses (The Citadel has lived like this for decades).

ElCid
May 13th, 2020, 09:38 AM
It's entirely too soon to be making decisions like this. Planning contingencies is one thing, but announcing it as a done deal is foolish.

ElCid
May 13th, 2020, 09:46 AM
With appropriate protocols, there is no reason healthy students shouldn't be able to congregate on somewhat closed campuses (The Citadel has lived like this for decades).

Yeah, nothing like being restricted to campus for weeks on end! Builds character!

But I will say that illness used to run rampant through the barracks sometimes.

In any event, professors and staff still come and go. Can't lock them down.

clenz
May 13th, 2020, 09:50 AM
"Stay at home" serves to flatten the curve, but cannot eliminate it. With appropriate protocols, there is no reason healthy students shouldn't be able to congregate on somewhat closed campuses (The Citadel has lived like this for decades).
You realize that at this point something like 60-70% of students live off campus, right? Especially at public schools.

Freshman are required to be on campus - though there are many waivers that are granted to not live on campus as a freshman. That's it. The people living on campus at many/most public schools are freshman and foreign students.

dbackjon
May 13th, 2020, 12:06 PM
Fascist Governor!

Me thinks you need to read up on fascism

cx500d
May 13th, 2020, 01:32 PM
Yeah, nothing like being restricted to campus for weeks on end! Builds character!

But I will say that illness used to run rampant through the barracks sometimes.

In any event, professors and staff still come and go. Can't lock them down.

Just cause it burned a little when you peed doesn't equate to an illness.

that guy
May 13th, 2020, 01:32 PM
So do they stay in lockdown if they have a murder hornet in their safe place?

citdog
May 13th, 2020, 01:34 PM
Just cause it burned a little when you peed doesn't equate to an illness.

That is the piss of a superior breed of man.

cx500d
May 13th, 2020, 01:42 PM
That is the piss of a superior breed of man.

And for you, hemorrhoids aren't an illness so much as a condition.

Laker
May 13th, 2020, 01:43 PM
Interesting offer by the governor of Florida. He is offering a home for any pro sports team that isn't allowed to play in their home state.

citdog
May 13th, 2020, 01:49 PM
And for you, hemorrhoids aren't an illness so much as a condition.

I always wipe my keydet after I take a furman.

cx500d
May 13th, 2020, 02:13 PM
I always wipe my keydet after I take a furman.

Was this after he was fishing for your brown trout?

WestCoastAggie
May 13th, 2020, 02:28 PM
There's an outside chance that The Cal-State and UC Systems will make special accommodations for Student Athletes. On the other hand, The D2 Calif. Collegiate Athletic Conference shut it all down for Fall 20.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 13th, 2020, 04:14 PM
heehehheheheee....democrats......Mercedes Marxists....limousine liberals......*snicker* U-haul will do a booming business there very soon.

If I remember my history, wasn't it those people called "okies" that left the midwest during the Dust Bowl and headed to California? Looks like they will be following their ancestors and fleeing the state like some refugees from a dilapidated country.

But I thought there was P5 money to be made from all those TV contracts? Don't they know they can play football with no fans in the stadiums? Don't they know that they can still play football? My God, the inhumanity of it all.

Same message here as I gave you on the other one and since this was prior to that post I will just reiterate it here as well. Do politics going forward on the FCS boards or sports boards in general and I will remove them from your field of vision going forward. Keep your BS poli stuff out of these areas.

dbackjon
May 13th, 2020, 07:50 PM
California is not Alabama.

Correct - Alabama is adding new cases at a per capita rate higher than California...

Lee County (where Auburn is) has a death rate almost 3 times that of California. A case rate almost double that of California. Brilliant move.

citdog
May 13th, 2020, 07:58 PM
Correct - Alabama is adding new cases at a per capita rate higher than California...

Lee County (where Auburn is) has a death rate almost 3 times that of California. A case rate almost double that of California. Brilliant move.

Who is getting infected? Why? Be specific...

dbackjon
May 13th, 2020, 08:34 PM

Ask the Alabama Department of Health.

Why? Probably because they aren't washing their damn hands.

dgtw
May 13th, 2020, 08:42 PM
I live in Alabama. I am not sick and my wife isn’t sick. Therefore, the virus is a hoax.

caribbeanhen
May 13th, 2020, 09:09 PM
Interesting offer by the governor of Florida. He is offering a home for any pro sports team that isn't allowed to play in their home state.

96 % Floridians don’t know there’s a baseball team in Miami or Saint Pete

Raven Maniac
May 13th, 2020, 09:10 PM

Is football played on the west coast?

Raven Maniac
May 13th, 2020, 09:24 PM

As of 5/13 deaths per 100,000:
Alabama 9
California 7

Raven Maniac
May 13th, 2020, 09:27 PM

Numbers are increasing because of testing. Most are not new cases. My question in California with the thousands of homeless on the streets with no masks or social distancing why are we not seeing thousands of deaths?

lionsrking2
May 13th, 2020, 11:01 PM
Numbers are increasing because of testing. Most are not new cases. My question in California with the thousands of homeless on the streets with no masks or social distancing why are we not seeing thousands of deaths?

Numbers are increasing because they're increasing, and three thousand deaths in 2 1/2 months is thousands. And that's the ones we know about.

JacksFan40
May 13th, 2020, 11:13 PM
That’s what I call irrational fear based decision making.

JacksFan40
May 13th, 2020, 11:15 PM
Numbers are increasing because they're increasing, and three thousand deaths in 2 1/2 months is thousands. And that's the ones we know about.
I’m pretty sure they’re not missing any COVID deaths. If anything it’s over counting.

Raven Maniac
May 13th, 2020, 11:16 PM

You need to research SARS and other viruses we have dealt with. Even the common flu is worse than this.

lionsrking2
May 13th, 2020, 11:18 PM
I’m pretty sure they’re not missing any COVID deaths. If anything it’s over counting.

If anything they're under counting. Just about every reputable expert believes that to be the case.

Raven Maniac
May 13th, 2020, 11:19 PM

Funny you say this. The CDC admitted that they are reporting cases they think might be COVID. That number in the thousands. There are funds attached to numbers for states so don't be surprised at big numbers.

JALMOND
May 13th, 2020, 11:23 PM

That includes Cal Poly and Sac State - along with Fresno St, San Diego St and San Jose St

Once the UC schools follow, we'll just follow whatever recommendations the Pac-12 does in regards to UCLA and Cal. Still too soon to tell.

lionsrking2
May 13th, 2020, 11:28 PM
You need to research SARS and other viruses we have dealt with. Even the common flu is worse than this.

I have researched it and you're flat out wrong. The CDC estimates flu deaths to be between 12 thousand and 61 thousand deaths per year since 2010. Typical flu season is six months. We're well past 80 thousand COVID deaths (and counting) in 2.5 months. And that's not counting residual effects and secondary complications for some survivors.

JacksFan40
May 13th, 2020, 11:42 PM
If anything they're under counting. Just about every reputable expert believes that to be the case.
They’re attributing probable deaths as COVID deaths. The people dying at home are those missing out in elective procedures and their conditions going untreated.
In Pennsylvania a while back they took away 14% of COVID deaths because of inaccurate reporting. If you apply that to our whole nation we take off around 11k deaths from this.

lionsrking2
May 13th, 2020, 11:50 PM
They’re attributing probable deaths as COVID deaths. The people dying at home are those missing out in elective procedures and their conditions going untreated.
In Pennsylvania a while back they took away 14% of COVID deaths because of inaccurate reporting. If you apply that to our whole nation we take off around 11k deaths from this.

I'm sure there will be inaccuracies from time to time while sorting everything out, but on the whole, most experts I've seen suspect an under count. A mistake made in Pennsylvania is a mistake made in Pennsylvania. Just because they made a 14% error doesn't mean you extrapolate it nationwide. Probable deaths should be included because in reality, they're likely COVID deaths. We'll never get a true, accurate count, but you don't discard common sense just because there was no positive test assigned to it. The tests aren't even accurate in a lot of cases.

JacksFan40
May 14th, 2020, 12:28 AM
I'm sure there will be inaccuracies from time to time while sorting everything out, but on the whole, most experts I've seen suspect an under count. A mistake made in Pennsylvania is a mistake made in Pennsylvania. Just because they made a 14% error doesn't mean you extrapolate it nationwide. Probable deaths should be included because in reality, they're likely COVID deaths. We'll never get a true, accurate count, but you don't discard common sense just because there was no positive test assigned to it. The tests aren't even accurate in a lot of cases.
We’ll never know the true number. I’m not going any further with this because it’s best reserved for the Political Board.

lionsrking2
May 14th, 2020, 12:36 AM
We’ll never know the true number. I’m not going any further with this because it’s best reserved for the Political Board.

There's nothing political about it, or shouldn't be. It's health, data and science. But you're right, we'll never know the true number.

JacksFan40
May 14th, 2020, 09:01 AM
There's nothing political about it, or shouldn't be. It's health, data and science. But you're right, we'll never know the true number.
Go check the political board for the COVID thread to see how political it really is.

ST_Lawson
May 14th, 2020, 11:06 AM
Go check the political board...

https://media.tenor.com/images/1e4a300375be36166a6cb09064312510/tenor.gif

dbackjon
May 14th, 2020, 11:44 AM

We are likely missing 10's of thousands of Covid-19 related deaths. The odds of over counting are slim to none. Look at Excess death studies.

dbackjon
May 14th, 2020, 11:45 AM

No, the common flu is nowhere near as bad as Covid-19. Covid-19 affects multiple organs, blood, and causes a variety of conditions not seen in the flu.

Professor Chaos
May 14th, 2020, 12:26 PM
We are likely missing 10's of thousands of Covid-19 related deaths. The odds of over counting are slim to none. Look at Excess death studies.
We're not missing anything near that amount unless these studies also think deaths due to everything else were going to plummet without COVID. It's pretty easy to see from the CDC's total excess death data:

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/excess_deaths.htm

Go to the "Number of Excess Deaths" dashboard in the visualizations (which takes reporting delays into account) and the CDC estimates that we've seen 69k-93k excess deaths since 2/1. The debate of course is how many of those excess deaths are due directly to COVID and how many are due to collateral damage from COVID and the corresponding policies put in place for it.

dbackjon
May 14th, 2020, 12:46 PM
We're not missing anything near that amount unless these studies also think deaths due to everything else were going to plummet without COVID. It's pretty easy to see from the CDC's total excess death data:

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/excess_deaths.htm

Go to the "Number of Excess Deaths" dashboard in the visualizations (which takes reporting delays into account) and the CDC estimates that we've seen 69k-93k excess deaths since 2/1. The debate of course is how many of those excess deaths are due directly to COVID and how many are due to collateral damage from COVID and the corresponding policies put in place for it.

Like I said, undercounted by tens of thousands.

What collateral damage? Yes, there is some from delayed surgeries, treatments and fear of going out into the public.

We know that the social distancing and closing work and schools to slow the spread of Covid-19 also did the same to flu and pneumonia cases. Homicides are down.

Car fatalities are a mixed bag. Some areas much lower, others have seen an increase (severity of crashes is greater due to wide open roads encouraging higher speeds)
We know

Professor Chaos
May 14th, 2020, 01:23 PM
Like I said, undercounted by tens of thousands.

What collateral damage? Yes, there is some from delayed surgeries, treatments and fear of going out into the public.

We know that the social distancing and closing work and schools to slow the spread of Covid-19 also did the same to flu and pneumonia cases. Homicides are down.

Car fatalities are a mixed bag. Some areas much lower, others have seen an increase (severity of crashes is greater due to wide open roads encouraging higher speeds)
We know
How is it undercounted by tens of thousands when the current COVID death count falls right smack in the middle of the CDC estimates for total excess deaths? Based on those estimates it's just as likely that COVID deaths have been overcounted as undercounted.

Collateral damage is from people who missed things like chemo treatments (which for some bizarre reason were deemed "elective"), cancer screenings, A1c tests, and other preventative care that finds treatable but potentially fatal conditions. On average 5k Americans per day are diagnosed with cancer. On average 2k Americans per day die from some form of cardiovascular disease. That adds up in a hurry when treatment and preventative care for those conditions are limited to the point they have been over the last couple months.

The effects of lockdowns and social distancing is a whole other debate which I don't have the energy to get into (and probably belongs on the poli board anyway).

JacksFan40
May 14th, 2020, 05:20 PM
How is it undercounted by tens of thousands when the current COVID death count falls right smack in the middle of the CDC estimates for total excess deaths? Based on those estimates it's just as likely that COVID deaths have been overcounted as undercounted.

Collateral damage is from people who missed things like chemo treatments (which for some bizarre reason were deemed "elective"), cancer screenings, A1c tests, and other preventative care that finds treatable but potentially fatal conditions. On average 5k Americans per day are diagnosed with cancer. On average 2k Americans per day die from some form of cardiovascular disease. That adds up in a hurry when treatment and preventative care for those conditions are limited to the point they have been over the last couple months.

The effects of lockdowns and social distancing is a whole other debate which I don't have the energy to get into (and probably belongs on the poli board anyway).
Elective procedures are medical visits scheduled weeks or months in advance, or anything not needing immediate medical attention, so that’s why chemo falls under it.

ysubigred
May 14th, 2020, 08:15 PM
I have researched it and you're flat out wrong. The CDC estimates flu deaths to be between 12 thousand and 61 thousand deaths per year since 2010. Typical flu season is six months. We're well past 80 thousand COVID deaths (and counting) in 2.5 months. And that's not counting residual effects and secondary complications for some survivors.And the CDC admits to lying about these numbers.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

lionsrking2
May 14th, 2020, 08:28 PM
And the CDC admits to lying about these numbers.

You have bad intel.

ysubigred
May 14th, 2020, 09:12 PM
You have bad intel.Testing and death rate. Liberal Americans want to believe them it helps their agenda.

lionsrking2
May 14th, 2020, 10:25 PM
Testing and death rate. Liberal Americans want to believe them it helps their agenda.

- - - Updated - - -

Testing and death rate. Liberal Americans want to believe them it helps their agenda.

Perhaps you mean free thinking Americans who trust traditional, non-partisan sources. Take your political opinion to the political board.

ysubigred
May 15th, 2020, 01:49 AM
- - - Updated - - -

Perhaps you mean free thinking Americans who trust traditional, non-partisan sources. Take your political opinion to the political board.Free thinker? Whose the sheep following along with what the corrupt organizations (CDC, WHO)is telling them on a virus manufacture and released in a foriegn country? This thread is full of politics. Just like another poster on here that can't back up their words so you go to the don't bring politics here [emoji1] stay in your safe space free thinker. Better yet come to the political board and back up your free thinkinghttps://media2.giphy.com/media/L3uog8HQSHdqzof9AF/giphy.gif?cid=349c9dd7bb48eb8197d8966e5e612a14ba3c 3ad8c62d8e9a&rid=giphy.gif

TheKingpin28
May 15th, 2020, 08:28 AM

Again? Come on, please keep this off of this board. We have an entire thread dedicated to this drivel.

ysubigred
May 15th, 2020, 08:34 AM
Again? Come on, please keep this off of this board. We have an entire thread dedicated to this drivel.You know right [emoji56]

POD Knows
May 15th, 2020, 08:34 AM
Again? Come on, please keep this off of this board. We have an entire thread dedicated to this drivel.This thread should be in the poli board. These are governmental decisions and there is no way to keep politics out of a discussion on this subject. These guys start these threads in here and then complain when they get political, it is bound to happen.

ysubigred
May 15th, 2020, 08:38 AM
This thread should be in the poli board. These are governmental decisions and there is no way to keep politics out of a discussion on this subject. These guys start these threads in here and then complain when they get political, it is bound to happen.Seriously I'm not sure what's political about my post? "Liberal agenda"? It seem if you disagree with "free thinking Americans" they want to cry some kind of foul [emoji848]

clenz
May 15th, 2020, 08:45 AM
This thread should be in the poli board. These are governmental decisions and there is no way to keep politics out of a discussion on this subject. These guys start these threads in here and then complain when they get political, it is bound to happen.
Absolutely shouldn't be.

It was posted raising a question regarding FCS football programs impacted by this to discuss how the Big Sky, OOC opponents, and NCAA would handle it.

AAMOF here is the OP

Not my fault you ****s are too dense to keep that **** off the FCS forum.

TheKingpin28
May 15th, 2020, 08:49 AM
This thread should be in the poli board. These are governmental decisions and there is no way to keep politics out of a discussion on this subject. These guys start these threads in here and then complain when they get political, it is bound to happen.

There is a reason why I have damn near avoided that board. I have no problem discussing it, it just gets old after awhile. I have enjoyed not hearing political banter not just here, but in life, and it has been quite refreshing. Unfortunately, with no sports to talk about, all roads lead back to the same topics.

POD Knows
May 15th, 2020, 08:50 AM
Absolutely shouldn't be.

It was posted raising a question regarding FCS football programs impacted by this to discuss how the Big Sky, OOC opponents, and NCAA would handle it.

AAMOF here is the OP

Not my fault you ****s are too dense to keep that **** off the FCS forum.

Why is your reply to me different here than what I see in your actual post?

clenz
May 15th, 2020, 08:53 AM
Why is your reply to me different here than what I see in your actual post?
I did a quote and changed nothing.

Probably a case of you seeing what you want to see.

TheKingpin28
May 15th, 2020, 08:54 AM
You know right [emoji56]

And you know where I fall on the spectrum, so it has nothing to do with beliefs, and only to do with keeping the topic on hand. I try to avoid that one board as much as possible as it is just mudslinging non-stop.

clenz
May 15th, 2020, 08:56 AM
As proof - full screen shot - notice there are not edits that have been done

https://imgur.com/sEyXuPIhttps://i.imgur.com/sEyXuPI.png

ysubigred
May 15th, 2020, 08:59 AM
And you know where I fall on the spectrum, so it has nothing to do with beliefs, and only to do with keeping the topic on hand. I try to avoid that one board as much as possible as it is just mudslinging non-stop.

I respect that but I stand behind what I said as not political. If "free think Americans" works to not make it political than so be it. Funny though that the free thinking American are the only one with the right data, right opinion and know what's best for all of us xsmhx

POD Knows
May 15th, 2020, 09:04 AM
I did a quote and changed nothing.

Probably a case of you seeing what you want to see.
The information below was all that was contained in the quote on the board, when I hit the reply, then it brought in the additional verbiage, must have been a timing deal.

Absolutely shouldn't be.

TheKingpin28
May 15th, 2020, 09:04 AM
I respect that but I stand behind what I said as not political. If "free think Americans" works to not make it political than so be it. Funny though that the free thinking American are the only one with the right data, right opinion and know what's best for all of us xsmhx

I detest the MSM as much as the next person and I would say the science does not back up the claims and that the leadership is rushing to make ill-advised decisions, but I won't go on a tirade about that here.

ysubigred
May 15th, 2020, 09:12 AM
I detest the MSM as much as the next person and I would say the science does not back up the claims and that the leadership is rushing to make ill-advised decisions, but I won't go on a tirade about that here.

Me neither CAN'T wait for football season. Heard the Bison is picked 7th in the MVFC xrolleyesx

clenz
May 15th, 2020, 09:15 AM
The information below was all that was contained in the quote on the board, when I hit the reply, then it brought in the additional verbiage, must have been a timing deal.

Absolutely shouldn't be.

I don't get what you're saying as you said this should have been in politics from the start when this has never been about politics. I know, because I created the thread.

Are you saying the OP of this tread didn't say what it says? Did it say something else for you?

My reply this AM has nothing to do with your thought this should have been in political forum from it's posting.

If you think it should have been in the political forum from it's first post it's you reading what you want to read about a topic and deciding to instantly turn it political - not it actually being political.

POD Knows
May 15th, 2020, 09:22 AM
I don't get what you're saying as you said this should have been in politics from the start when this has never been about politics. I know, because I created the thread.

Are you saying the OP of this tread didn't say what it says? Did it say something else for you?

My reply this AM has nothing to do with your thought this should have been in political forum from it's posting.

If you think it should have been in the political forum from it's first post it's you reading what you want to read about a topic and deciding to instantly turn it political - not it actually being political.
What I cut and pasted in bold on my last reply was what was displaying in your quote when I hit the "reply with quote" button, when the window came down to allow me the ability to reply, the text of your post was different than what was in your post at the time. All of the information after that last bolded sentence I copied was not displaying on your post on the screen but is was displaying in the box when I replied.

I think I hit the reply with quote button as you were typing and by the time I got around to doing my reply, the actual post with all of the information had refreshed in that window. Not a big deal but this is the first time I have even seen anything like that.

ysubigred
May 15th, 2020, 09:23 AM

Dang Clenz let it go. I was curious about this thread notice a few free thinkers running with the MSN narrative so I questioned it with the "L" word and it became a **** storm!??!

Sorry you all can return to the safe space here I'll only post FB if it happens.

xcoolx

lionsrking2
May 15th, 2020, 10:57 AM

If the CDC doesn't have the "right" data, who does? We're all free to analyze and draw conclusions based on our personal political ideology, and it's possible to argue solutions without making it political. It becomes political when we view data and assign motives because the data doesn't line up with our ideology -- if it doesn't fit what I believe therefore it must be intentionally flawed to push a certain agenda. I'm sure the CDC does get flawed data from time to time, but on balance, I don't think politics has anything to do with it. I trust the CDC when Democrats are in office and I trust the CDC when Republicans are in office. If we get to the point where we can't trust traditional, non-partisan sources of data and information, God help us all. We're in a much tougher place than we realize.

ysubigred
May 15th, 2020, 11:12 AM
If the CDC doesn't have the "right" data, who does? We're all free to analyze and draw conclusions based on our personal political ideology, and it's possible to argue solutions without making it political. It becomes political when we view data and assign motives because the data doesn't line up with our ideology -- if it doesn't fit what I believe therefore it must be intentionally flawed to push a certain agenda. I'm sure the CDC does get flawed data from time to time, but on balance, I don't think politics has anything to do with it. I trust the CDC when Democrats are in office and I trust the CDC when Republicans are in office. If we get to the point where we can't trust traditional, non-partisan sources of data and information, God help us all. We're in a much tougher place than we realize.Nobody has the right data! Too many fingers in the eye.

lionsrking2
May 15th, 2020, 11:14 AM
Nobody has the right data! Too many fingers in the eye.

If the CDC tells you 2+2=4, do you believe them?

ysubigred
May 15th, 2020, 11:56 AM
If the CDC tells you 2+2=4, do you believe them?

No not necessarily, I would if they were not a legitimate corrupt organization at the top level.

Wow you are really trying hard to push your free thinking American today!

Have a great day in safety land.

DFW HOYA
May 15th, 2020, 12:41 PM
No not necessarily, I would if they were not a legitimate corrupt organization at the top level.

We are not well served as a nation if we think that only one man tells the truth.

Derby City Duke
May 15th, 2020, 12:50 PM
Elective procedures are medical visits scheduled weeks or months in advance, or anything not needing immediate medical attention, so that’s why chemo falls under it.

My chemo is elective?

Yeah right, let me elect to let my cancer kill me faster...

ursus arctos horribilis
May 15th, 2020, 12:51 PM
Free thinker? Whose the sheep following along with what the corrupt organizations (CDC, WHO)is telling them on a virus manufacture and released in a foriegn country? This thread is full of politics. Just like another poster on here that can't back up their words so you go to the don't bring politics here [emoji1] stay in your safe space free thinker. Better yet come to the political board and back up your free thinkinghttps://media2.giphy.com/media/L3uog8HQSHdqzof9AF/giphy.gif?cid=349c9dd7bb48eb8197d8966e5e612a14ba3c 3ad8c62d8e9a&rid=giphy.gif

I don't GAF what anyone else said dude. What I f'n said is what you should have paid attention to. You purposely went against what i have given wide berth to in order to not have this happen but you are going to take a respite from the FCS board now.

I will get in touch with you in a couple weeks to see if we now have a better understanding of what this board is for and what the poli board is for.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 15th, 2020, 12:56 PM

Bull****, just like you think others ought to "toughen up" on the other boards I think I've made it real clear what goes on this board. Now can it start to go poli and be reeled back in? Easily, but if you feel the need to go political then GTFO of the FCS thread and go where you can do it.

I'm tired of this ****. Get better or this board goes away.

ysubigred
May 15th, 2020, 01:00 PM
We are not well served as a nation if we think that only one man tells the truth.Last post on this;

Never did I say one man tells the truth and I know where you were going here. I was the First to post about Covid-19 on a normal lounge thread "scarey ****". I was concerned when no one was paying attention.

No matter what that 1 man does he's wrong in the eyes of free thinking Americans. When Wuhan turned into investigations and finger pointing that's where I started to draw my own conclusions. Not one Dr, scientist, CDC, WHO or the majority of elected leader have nailed this down. It's a free country in the grand scheme of things this maybe a great way to trim Academia and that corruption of $ and disfunction. You believe what you want I believe what I want.

ysubigred
May 15th, 2020, 01:03 PM
I don't GAF what anyone else said dude. What I f'n said is what you should have paid attention to. You purposely went against what i have given wide berth to in order to not have this happen but you are going to take a respite from the FCS board now.

I will get in touch with you in a couple weeks to see if we now have a better understanding of what this board is for and what the poli board is for.Message loud and clear boss. Sorry. I swear I didn't think I was bringing poli here just questioning what I feel is misleading.

Raven Maniac
May 15th, 2020, 01:47 PM
No, the common flu is nowhere near as bad as Covid-19. Covid-19 affects multiple organs, blood, and causes a variety of conditions not seen in the flu.

5 years from now you will understand.

Raven Maniac
May 15th, 2020, 01:48 PM

CDC has admitted to over counting.

clenz
May 15th, 2020, 01:49 PM
**** each and every one of you

ursus arctos horribilis
May 15th, 2020, 02:01 PM
CDC has admitted to over counting.

You don't appear to be able to read the temperature in the room here either. You will be taking a break as well now.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 15th, 2020, 02:04 PM
If the CDC doesn't have the "right" data, who does? We're all free to analyze and draw conclusions based on our personal political ideology, and it's possible to argue solutions without making it political. It becomes political when we view data and assign motives because the data doesn't line up with our ideology -- if it doesn't fit what I believe therefore it must be intentionally flawed to push a certain agenda. I'm sure the CDC does get flawed data from time to time, but on balance, I don't think politics has anything to do with it. I trust the CDC when Democrats are in office and I trust the CDC when Republicans are in office. If we get to the point where we can't trust traditional, non-partisan sources of data and information, God help us all. We're in a much tougher place than we realize.

If you got something FCS throw it in at this point and stop encouraging the argument. You were trying to keep it to health etc. but you can see it ain't going that way. You don't have to be guilty of starting it, you just gotta be guilty of elevating or extending it. As you all might be able to guess, I'm tired of this **** so knock it the **** off.

Simple enough.

FormerPokeCenter
May 15th, 2020, 02:26 PM
You have bad intel.

in the most recent year that we have actual data, there were only 1.1 million Americans tested for the two main strains of influenza. Of those tested, 109 K had one variant, and 108 k had the other...so...basically 20 percent of those tested were positive. I know it's NOT how they do it, but apply that 20 percent rate to the general population and you get 66 million flu cases, which is more than the CDC reports...and the criteria for reporting flu deaths is not altogether clear.

The CDC says this on their own website and says that the numbers are more than likely off because of the way they're reported at the community and state levels. Don't take my word for it, go to the CDC site and look for the flu numbers...they don't hide their data limitations verbiage.

YSU says that CDC admits to lying about its' numbers. It's probably important to realize the numbers that the CDC promulgates are estimates, and - thus - imprecise. Further, the CDC says that the underlying data collection methods lend themselves to inaccurate reporting.

I think that means that YSU is closer to the truth than somebody who bases an argument on CDC numbers. Now, having said that. The CDC numbers are all we have and that's what we have to work with.

If anything, Covid-19 should be a wake up call for an entirely new and much more stringent protocol for officially determining the cause of death. We're making political decisions based on what they publish, so I think there's a heightened onus on them to get it right.

Currently, if a flu patient presents at the hospital and while there dies of a heart attack, he goes in the heart attack column. According to the CDC, if a Covid-19 patient presents at the hospital and dies of a heart attack during his visit, he goes in the Covid-19 column. I understand why they're tracking it that way because it's a new threat, but...basically...

We're comparing death apples to death oranges. They're both death fruit, but they have different structure and are grown by different methods.

Also, it's an election year. Every single thing that any governmental agency, political candidate, elected official or governing body does is going to be perceived as being political in nature, particularly so for a place so synonymous with left-leaning agendas like California.

Perhaps titling the thread differently: "Schools who've closed for the remainder of 2020" as an example, would have made the thread less likely to turn political.

POD Knows
May 15th, 2020, 02:32 PM
Bull****, just like you think others ought to "toughen up" on the other boards I think I've made it real clear what goes on this board. Now can it start to go poli and be reeled back in? Easily, but if you feel the need to go political then GTFO of the FCS thread and go where you can do it.

I'm tired of this ****. Get better or this board goes away.For the record, I didn't get political in this thread and I don't think you implied that I did, I had a question on potential site functionality because I saw a "discrepancy" between what I visualized in a post and what was then reflected in that poster's text when I did a reply.

I stand by my statement about people toughening up, there are way to many thin skinned people in this world that cut and run when their feathers get ruffled. I also get why somebody might start a thread in a football thread, that could end up being politized, but they post it here in order to hopefully prevent that. I will abide accordingly, I have mistakenly made a poli point or two in a FCS thread because I didn't check the breadcrumb and the thread already had politics inserted into it. I think this thread stayed "poli free" for about 5 posts, it was ripe to fall unfortunately. I guess when I start a thread that I think could get politized, I just stick it in the poli-board because I don't really care if it drifts that way but I get why people want to keep the conversation targeted on the "pure" subject at hand.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 15th, 2020, 03:51 PM
For the record, I didn't get political in this thread and I don't think you implied that I did, I had a question on potential site functionality because I saw a "discrepancy" between what I visualized in a post and what was then reflected in that poster's text when I did a reply.

I stand by my statement about people toughening up, there are way to many thin skinned people in this world that cut and run when their feathers get ruffled. I also get why somebody might start a thread in a football thread, that could end up being politized, but they post it here in order to hopefully prevent that. I will abide accordingly, I have mistakenly made a poli point or two in a FCS thread because I didn't check the breadcrumb and the thread already had politics inserted into it. I think this thread stayed "poli free" for about 5 posts, it was ripe to fall unfortunately. I guess when I start a thread that I think could get politized, I just stick it in the poli-board because I don't really care if it drifts that way but I get why people want to keep the conversation targeted on the "pure" subject at hand.

You basically got it. I am saying simply that I don't really care what opinions are as to why someone starts a thread on this board. If it is started here then the rule is and has been clearly stated many times. As such, coming in and talking about "liberal this" and "MSM bias" and all the other greatest hits of the talk radio circuit are just not something that probably ought to be gone over here.

I leave you guys alone over there to spit fire and have at it. You are gonna leave it alone over here though is the point. You do that quite well so not having any issue there anyway after the first couple times years back.

POD Knows
May 15th, 2020, 07:00 PM
You basically got it. I am saying simply that I don't really care what opinions are as to why someone starts a thread on this board. If it is started here then the rule is and has been clearly stated many times. As such, coming in and talking about "liberal this" and "MSM bias" and all the other greatest hits of the talk radio circuit are just not something that probably ought to be gone over here.

I leave you guys alone over there to spit fire and have at it. You are gonna leave it alone over here though is the point. You do that quite well so not having any issue there anyway after the first couple times years back.
Never any liberal poli stuff on the non poli boards, good to know. I will police it accordingly.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 17th, 2020, 06:17 PM
Never any liberal poli stuff on the non poli boards, good to know. I will police it accordingly.

Please do, I don't see it all every time it pops up but it is not like this is some new idea. If someone else is doing it somewhere from the opposition to your side I'm all for having you let me know. B ythe way stretched it to "non poli boards" which is not what I have been going after since we are on the FCS board and I have stated this particular board as the main source of the problem. Much like El Cid I'd rather have it all on the poli board but that is a bit more policing than I'm willing to do at this point.

cx500d
May 17th, 2020, 06:32 PM
Please do, I don't see it all every time it pops up but it is not like this is some new idea. If someone else is doing it somewhere from the opposition to your side I'm all for having you let me know. B ythe way stretched it to "non poli boards" which is not what I have been going after since we are on the FCS board and I have stated this particular board as the main source of the problem. Much like El Cid I'd rather have it all on the poli board but that is a bit more policing than I'm willing to do at this point.

Pod the Narc

POD Knows
May 17th, 2020, 06:37 PM
Pod the Narc

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkSnitches are bitches in the POD world

Catbooster
May 18th, 2020, 02:22 PM
Regardless of whether institutions/gov't officials are being too restrictive or not restrictive enough, Covid deaths are undercounted or overcounted, etc, the CSU system has said no on campus school this fall. Other schools will be making decisions about school, sports, etc. It will be interesting to see how this all ends up.

My understanding is that the Big Sky has left these decisions to the individual schools. Having members from a huge geographic ares, 8 states with all different policies, relatively rural vs. urban environments, etc. I think this is the way to do it for our conference. Since we have 13 football members, there is the possibility of rescheduling without the CSU schools and still playing a full conference schedule and maybe another school or two (not that it won't still be a headache). But there's still non-conf to deal with.

Montana State is currently planning to start school several weeks early so that the semester is over by Thanksgiving, thereby avoiding students scattering all over for Thanksgiving break, then returning and scattering again for Christmas break. I would assume UM will do the same. They also want to minimize the overlap of the semester with the normal flu season which is typically mostly after cold weather hits.

I'm still not sure what we'll end up with for football, but it sounds like MSU is tentatively planning to have something for a football season this fall.

walliver
May 18th, 2020, 04:04 PM
I personally think that California is making the wrong call.
You can't lock up tens of thousands of college students in their own homes for a year - It's cruel to the kids and cruel to the parents.
- My daughter has been home from school since Spring Break. If Clemson doesn't start back this fall, one of them will likely kill the other.
The real risks on college campi will be to faculty and staff

WestCoastAggie
May 18th, 2020, 04:26 PM
You can't lock up tens of thousands of college students in their own homes for a year - It's cruel to the kids and cruel to the parents.
- My daughter has been home from school since Spring Break. If Clemson doesn't start back this fall, one of them will likely kill the other.

Most likely, student athletes will be on campus with the international students and others that would be homeless otherwise. They also can’t go 100 percent remote due to research and labs. There’s a good chance these schools will play football this fall.

citdog
May 18th, 2020, 08:41 PM

Is she majoring in milking or plowing up at klempsin?

wapiti
June 16th, 2020, 10:49 PM
If I remember correctly USC is a private school and they are planning on games this fall.
https://sports.yahoo.com/usc-planning-reduced-capacity-coliseum-022457032.html.

Will this have an effect the CA state schools? Maybe they will back track their decision a bit.

Anthony215
June 17th, 2020, 07:05 AM
They'll find a way around the closure. As mentioned previously maybe it'll be distance online learning for the majority of kids while international students and athletes reside on campus while still taking online classes. That way they have access to the library, easily can get to and from practices and they're quarantined off from the majority of society. The hard part will be keeping their non student friends/family away from campus and the athletes to minimize the chances of someone contracting the virus and potentially spreading it.

JALMOND
June 17th, 2020, 10:44 AM
If I remember correctly USC is a private school and they are planning on games this fall.
https://sports.yahoo.com/usc-planning-reduced-capacity-coliseum-022457032.html.

Will this have an effect the CA state schools? Maybe they will back track their decision a bit.

The Pac-12 is planning on playing all their games this year. But...the Pac-12 does not have any CA state schools (USC and Stanford are private, Cal and UCLA are in the UC system which, interestingly, has not followed their in state counterparts yet). The CA state schools are spread among the Mtn West (San Jose State, San Diego State, Fresno State) and Big Sky (Sac State).

They will try to keep the athletes sequestered on campus, utilizing the school's equipment instead of the athletes going to LA Fitness, for example.

walliver
June 17th, 2020, 10:47 AM
They'll find a way around the closure. As mentioned previously maybe it'll be distance online learning for the majority of kids while international students and athletes reside on campus while still taking online classes. That way they have access to the library, easily can get to and from practices and they're quarantined off from the majority of society. The hard part will be keeping their non student friends/family away from campus and the athletes to minimize the chances of someone contracting the virus and potentially spreading it.

Unless the NCAA backs down, schools will have to have regular students on campus. There is talk that the University of South Carolina will allow students back on campus, but they will take most of their classes online anyway. That kind of defeats the purpose of an on-campus education, but football comes first.

cx500d
June 17th, 2020, 10:52 AM
Unless the NCAA backs down, schools will have to have regular students on campus. There is talk that the University of South Carolina will allow students back on campus, but they will take most of their classes online anyway. That kind of defeats the purpose of an on-campus education, but football comes first.

That way they can charge on-campus rates, make money with dorms, food service, etc.

TheKingpin28
June 17th, 2020, 10:56 AM
That way they can charge on-campus rates, make money with dorms, food service, etc.

They know what they are doing and you already know, if a school can squeeze a penny out of someone, they will do their best to be successful at it.