PDA

View Full Version : Who is injured in your Preseason camp?

Gamecocks99
August 16th, 2005, 07:00 PM
What impact players are injured in your pre season football camp?

catbob
August 16th, 2005, 08:16 PM
Andy Matakis DL - was going to be a major player in the new 3-4 Bobcat defense. Is out until mid-October.

Zach Wolf C - 2 year starter All-BCS out most likely for entire season.

Those are the two biggies I can think of.

rokamortis
August 16th, 2005, 08:28 PM
We have some reserve players out for the season already. Our two top receivers have missed some practice - but should be back soon.

exbearkat
August 16th, 2005, 11:19 PM
Have heard that one of our 1-A transfers is out for the season with a knee injury - Derek Broussard WR 5-11 189 So-Tr (Ball State.) :(

No official confirmation as of yet though.

FightinBluHen51
August 17th, 2005, 07:37 AM
Sr. WR David Boler is out for the season with a torn ACL. Jr. DE Lou Samba is out for the season with shoulder problems. We've had some guys leave and another Sr. WR got dismissed from the team so it's going to be a little rough to start. I'm hoping to take and make our 8/31 scrimage and get a good look at hopefully a squad that is starting to gel by then.

dungeonjoe
August 17th, 2005, 04:18 PM
I read in the newspaper that SC State lost their PK for the season-- broken right leg--- someone hit him in a practice drill-- can you say don't hit the guy in the yellow shirt?

kmax
August 17th, 2005, 05:39 PM
Andy Matakis DL - was going to be a major player in the new 3-4 Bobcat defense. Is out until mid-October.

Zach Wolf C - 2 year starter All-BCS out most likely for entire season.

Those are the two biggies I can think of.
Also Brandon Bostick, TE and long-snapper. According to Kramer he dropped a cast iron bathtub on his toe just before the start of camp. Should return to long-snapping for first game, but will take longer to return to TE duties.

ngineer
August 17th, 2005, 09:20 PM
So far so good, and knock on wood...Lehigh has first scrimmage this coming Saturday so we'll see who lines up where, then.

FightinBluHen51
August 19th, 2005, 08:35 AM
Fr.-r WR Armand Cauthen pulled a hamstring and will likely be out 3 or 4 weeks

Fr.-t. walk on Zack Lapenta (OL) fracture his fibula & tore surrounding ligaments. He will miss most of the season.

bunny
August 19th, 2005, 12:23 PM
The New Journal reports another Blue Hen injury. Broken wing for the big TE....

Tight end Steve Selk recently broke the wrist he had surgery on earlier this year. He will likely play with a cast

PAmedic
August 22nd, 2005, 08:20 AM
Reports from our camp:

Defensive line: Dan Hughes (mononucleosis), Steve Ackley (shoulder), Matt Reid (knee) and Tyler Turner (knee)
Sr. Andre Gould did not return to the team this fall after discovering he had a benign tumor on his spine during the summer.

Josh Wallace (DB)will be out at least two weeks with a broken hand.

*info from Chris Lang
Lynchburg News & Advance
Saturday, August 20, 2005