PDA

View Full Version : Tailgate Rip-Offs

Doo Cane 4 ever
August 15th, 2005, 06:42 PM
Just found out that Columbia charge $35.00 to park in the lot next to their stadium :eek: Add to that the $13 for the ticket, $30.00 in turnpike tolls from Pittsburgh and $70.00 for gas and you're looking at $150.00 before beer and food :bang:

McTailGator
August 18th, 2005, 09:09 PM
Just found out that Columbia charge $35.00 to park in the lot next to their stadium :eek: Add to that the $13 for the ticket, $30.00 in turnpike tolls from Pittsburgh and $70.00 for gas and you're looking at $150.00 before beer and food :bang:

Sounds like a deal to me...

A McNeese Tailgate spot is $250 for the season and you must buy 2 season tickets at $90 ea. to qualify for a tailgate spot or a simple parking spot for $60 (no tailgting allowed).

Our Tailgate prices could double next year as we have a waiting list and no more real estate to expand. Supply and demand...

Tribe4SF
August 18th, 2005, 09:44 PM

$13 for a sporting event and $35 for parking? In New York City? That's a steal, my friend.

If you ever come to Williamsburg, you won't park next to the stadium. Unless you want to shell out a minimum $250 donation and two season tickets at $100 each. Then your parking will cost you another $10 a game. QB Club lot is $110 a year. Of course you'll have to join at $70.

Sounds like you're not really ready to travel with your team. :shakingma

Cocky
August 18th, 2005, 09:45 PM
Our tailgaiting spots are in the 100-150 range. The Gamecock club members, I think, get priority. These spots come with cable, power, and water but no sewage. The lot is full but maybe expanded in the future.

Coastal89
August 18th, 2005, 09:59 PM
Those are all cheap compared to Coastal. To park in the stadium lot you first must buy a season ticket at $135 then they require a min. $1000 donation. The next level of parking is about 400yds from the stadium and requires a min. $300 donation. Followed by the third level which is about 700-800yds away,$100 donation. Free parking is about a 3/4 mile or more away.

MR. CHICKEN
August 18th, 2005, 10:09 PM
Our tailgaiting spots are in the 100-150 range. The Gamecock club members, I think, get priority. These spots come with cable, power, and water but no sewage. The lot is full but maybe expanded in the future.

NO SEWAGE?.......WHAT HAPPENS TA DUH BIRD DROPPIN'S?.....THROW IT AT DUH OPPONENT?........:rolleyes:...........AWK!

Retro
August 18th, 2005, 11:14 PM
Ralph, Those were parking spaces!

SUjagTILLiDIE
August 18th, 2005, 11:36 PM
Sounds like a deal to me...

A McNeese Tailgate spot is $250 for the season and you must buy 2 season tickets at $90 ea. to qualify for a tailgate spot or a simple parking spot for $60 (no tailgting allowed).

Our Tailgate prices could double next year as we have a waiting list and no more real estate to expand. Supply and demand...
So its no tailgating in regular parking spots. Someone needs to get the word out to SU fans. Trust me they will be pissed if they bring their stuff to JAG Charles and find out when they get there they can't tailgate in regular parking spots.

Sam Adams
August 19th, 2005, 07:01 AM
$35 to park on the island of Manhattan is a good deal. A decent bagel with lox and a schmear of cream cheese will run you $8. BTW Columbia may just be ready to suprise a few folks in the Ivy.

"Roar Lions Roar all up an down the Hudson shore...."

buckp
August 19th, 2005, 07:52 AM
Originally Posted by McTailGator
... Our Tailgate prices could double next year as we have a waiting list and no more real estate to expand...

Why isn't McNeese looking into buying the lots on the west side of Common St. - south of the Frosty Factory? That area runs even pass the 'Next Level' club which is now closed........:confused:

kats89
August 19th, 2005, 08:16 AM
I will tell ya'll a rip off. Sam Houston is playing Univ of Houston on Sept. 10 at Robertson stadium on the UH campus. We called about tailgating area and they want $125 for a 20' x 40' space. That is just for the space only + you don't get to park your vehicles by your tailgate area.

arkstfan
August 19th, 2005, 09:14 AM
Seems like Georgia announced a year or two ago that they were reserving a quarter mile buffer zone around their stadium for tailgating. To get in that area to tailgate was going to take a minimum donation of $900 with the prime spots going to those giving more.

bluehenbillk
August 19th, 2005, 09:21 AM
Folks, it's hard to put a price on a good tailgate.

kats89
August 19th, 2005, 11:02 AM
Seems like Georgia announced a year or two ago that they were reserving a quarter mile buffer zone around their stadium for tailgating. To get in that area to tailgate was going to take a minimum donation of $900 with the prime spots going to those giving more.

UH prices went up as high as $750, but that included it catered by a local rest. that they had already cut a deal with.

Husky Alum
August 19th, 2005, 12:23 PM
Couple of points..

1. I agree that Columbia could sneak up on some people in the Ivy. I'm a big Bob Shoop fan. I remember when he was at Yale and he and some of his teammates showed me a real good time on my recruiting trip. Several years later he joined Barry Gallup's staff at Northeastern when I was a student and has the epitome of class. I think that if Shoop gets the proper support from the administration there, he'll do very well in the Ivy.

2. If you want to tailgate at Northeastern's scenic Parsons Field, good luck. There are about 10-15 spots in the far end zone for tailgating and that's it. Those spots go to designated donors, and I'm not sure what your giving level has to be, but it used to be about $500, plus season tickets (which are relatively inexpensive).

I'm lucky enough to have a spot, and I know many are envious. The school is going to try to have on campus tailgating in some parking lots and shuttle people over to the field this season. I can't see the idea being a great success. One more reason for an on campus facility.

LBPop
August 19th, 2005, 12:53 PM

Sounds like the cost of a movie in Manhattan. :D

Tribe4SF
August 19th, 2005, 01:02 PM
That is just for the space only + you don't get to park your vehicles by your tailgate area.

Then that's not a tailgate! :(

McTailGator
August 19th, 2005, 01:39 PM
Wow, I saw lots of space around the stadium last year. Why can't you expand?

It doesn't belong to the university...

A couple of land owners have been selling parking spots, and I think they will make a killing off the Southern Game this year alone.

McTailGator
August 19th, 2005, 01:50 PM
So its no tailgating in regular parking spots. Someone needs to get the word out to SU fans. Trust me they will be pissed if they bring their stuff to JAG Charles and find out when they get there they can't tailgate in regular parking spots.

Suggest your fans read the papers, get with SU 's ticket office and check GeauxCowboys.com for parking and tailgating details.

SU fans Will NOT get even close to those parking spots near the stadium. There are 1,785 reserved spots which are sold by the SEASON for $60. And 120 reserved tailgate spots also sold by the season.

All other fans park on campus (about 3 or 4 blocks away), and in a couple of private lots nearby as well. Campus will be free, and they will allow some tailgating, the private lots will be for a fee ($?) but I don't know how much.

Also, I understand that there will be about 40 RV hook ups and some additional tailgating 2 miles away at Burton Coliseum also for a small fee. But I'm not positive on that. It should all be SU fans there so that should be a lot of fun.

DTSpider
August 19th, 2005, 01:52 PM
Wow, very expensive all around. Come on down to Richmond where you can pay to park for $5 right next to the stadium in one of several available parking lots. If you're meeting people at tailgate park for free in the neighborhood right next to the stadium.

Of course, parking will become a real premium when the new oncampus stadium is built (maybe by 2008...but even that is optimistic unfortunately)

McTailGator
August 19th, 2005, 01:52 PM
Wow, I saw lots of space around the stadium last year. Why can't you expand?

Perhpas some of that space you saw were the reserved spots for the 6:50 arival fans that expect up close parking and valet service. (:

They pay for those spots. And they are usually filled by game time. Most of us real fans have followed the band into the stadium and are seated 35 minutes before the game.

McTailGator
August 19th, 2005, 01:54 PM
Why isn't McNeese looking into buying the lots on the west side of Common St. - south of the Frosty Factory? That area runs even pass the 'Next Level' club which is now closed........:confused:

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$BIG$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$4

I hear someone is putting a hotel there. ???

McTailGator
August 19th, 2005, 01:57 PM
Folks, it's hard to put a price on a good tailgate.

I haven't seen a high price yet... :)

cbuck
August 19th, 2005, 03:36 PM

McNeese fans couldn't tailgate in regular spots at SU last year. I don't recall any news flashes telling us in advance.

Our fans called and found out where they could tailgate.

McTailGator
August 19th, 2005, 06:16 PM
Our fans called and found out where they could tailgate.

That's what good smart fans do...

We typically publisize it on GC before each road game.

McNeese72
August 19th, 2005, 06:27 PM

He is talking about the reverved parking spots close to the stadium. You can't even get into those without a reserved parking pass. I don't think there will be very many Southern fans with McNeese reverved parking pass. The grass parking area North of the practice fields is free and open to anybody and open to tailgating.

SUjagTILLiDIE
August 19th, 2005, 11:07 PM
He is talking about the reverved parking spots close to the stadium. You can't even get into those without a reserved parking pass. I don't think there will be very many Southern fans with McNeese reverved parking pass. The grass parking area North of the practice fields is free and open to anybody and open to tailgating.
Ok cool.

SUjagTILLiDIE
August 19th, 2005, 11:08 PM
Also, I understand that there will be about 40 RV hook ups and some additional tailgating 2 miles away at Burton Coliseum also for a small fee. But I'm not positive on that. It should all be SU fans there so that should be a lot of fun.
No way 200 plus Rv's can run off of 40 hook ups. I guess they will have to figure something out.

GreatAppSt
August 20th, 2005, 09:08 AM
The stadium lot at ASU the last two rows are not numbered and run $750. All other closer rows with numbered parking are $1000. Meet me at #444.

McTailGator
August 20th, 2005, 10:27 AM
No way 200 plus Rv's can run off of 40 hook ups. I guess they will have to figure something out.

Generators ?

McNeese tailgate spots do not have any utilities, we all use generators. Hopefully that will change next year.

By the way, if anyone is looking for a good campground, Sam Houston Jones State Park is really nice, but ya'll better call for reservations being a holiday and all.

There is also a new RV park on Exit 43 in Iowa behind McDonalds right off I-10. It brand spanking new, some of the RV spots have yet to even have any customers. Probably about 50 or 60 spots. No shade, but very convenient.