PDA

View Full Version : FCS vs. FBS Scalp Watch 2020

bonarae
March 17th, 2020, 05:33 AM
This early? This is an unusually quiet time in sports, so HERO Sports posted a list of all money games in 2020: 114 in all.

Do you have any forecast for scalps?

https://herosports.com/fcs/football-2020-fcs-vs-fbs-games-bzbz

PaladinFan
March 17th, 2020, 07:33 AM
I'm usually an optimist, but I can't help but circle that Furman/Tennessee game.

UT, you may recall, dropped a game to Georgia State in Knoxville last season. Furman had the same Georgia State team on the ropes for four quarters the following weekend. Many suggested Furman played Georgia State tougher than UT did.

The Paladins will return a lot of talent. They also play the Vols in a weekend sandwiched in between their road game to Oklahoma and home game against Florida (two HUGE games for them). They may well be overlooking the little FCS school coming in.

JSUSoutherner
March 17th, 2020, 07:34 AM
If JSU gets it's **** together, FIU is a ripe target.

But I seriously doubt we get our **** together.

McNeese72
March 17th, 2020, 08:01 AM
Hell, with the McNeese coaching change, players leaving, playoff ban next season, and now no spring practice because of the Corona Virus, I am just trying to figure out what FCS games McNeese might win much less thinking about them winning the game with ULL.

Doc

caribbeanhen
March 17th, 2020, 08:33 AM
Hell, with the McNeese coaching change, players leaving, playoff ban next season, and now no spring practice because of the Corona Virus, I am just trying to figure out what FCS games McNeese might win much less thinking about them winning the game with ULL.

Doc

or if they actually play any college football in 2020

Redbird 4th & short
March 17th, 2020, 08:36 AM
ISUr at big brother U of I ... very hard to say, U of I showed some life last year. And ... well ... we graduated 90% of our offense. What's that Simon & Garfunkle song ... "here's to you, Mr Robinson".

Our defense should give them tough time with 9 of 11 starters back and depth everywhere except LB (graduated 3 from 2 deep), maybe that will keep us in the game for a while. And I think the lack of spring ball will hurt our talented veteran defense less than most teams.

But offensively ? To say the jury is still out would be an understatement. Truth is, we really like our young skill players as a group .. lot of FR and RS FR at RB, WR, and TE from last year that we like and believe several will emerge in next year or so. Our #2 RB Proctor is 100% again after his season ending injury and was ready for spring ball, so that was good news. But we still have big question mark at QB .. original starter QB Davis had season ending knee injury and will not participate .. ahem, was not going to participate in spring ball.

Back to our youth on offense, the cancellation of spring ball will hurt our offense more than most. Now all they have is summer OTAs and than fall camp. I think this really hurts our chances to develop those young guys.

So the answer about ISUr getting a scalp ... I have no idea at this point. And with spring ball canceled, I have even less idea on offense.

Chalupa Batman
March 17th, 2020, 08:38 AM
I like NDSU’s ability to compete well against Oregon and give them a scare, but I’m afraid this is where our FBS winning streak ends. Will be happy to be wrong though!

SDSU has a great chance against Nebraska, assuming Gibbs is healthy and back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UAalum72
March 17th, 2020, 12:17 PM
I figure Albany has a good shot at UMass, assuming they’re still considered FBS

Anthony215
March 17th, 2020, 12:53 PM
I figure Albany has a good shot at UMass, assuming they’re still considered FBS

They may just win by more than a score at UMass as I just saw that UMass lost a 3 year starting tackle/guard to Buffalo via the grad transfer route.

BEAR
March 17th, 2020, 01:36 PM
I'd forgotten UCA has two scalps in the last 3 years. Missouri is ripe for picking this year with their large turnover. But they are SEC so.....

Go Lehigh TU owl
March 17th, 2020, 02:08 PM
Ahh, perhaps my favorite Kool-Aid thread.

Will FCS reach double-digits this year? Experience could be in their favor with the new dynamics.....

CenMEBlackBearFan
March 17th, 2020, 07:05 PM
Maine at UConn on October 10th. Have not beaten UConn since both teams were part of the Yankee Conference. We last played UConn in 2016 and lost 24-21.
Hopefully we get our scalp on Columbus day weekend, alot of fun for me as I have family living in Connecticut many are grads of UConn as well.xbowx

The Yo Show
March 17th, 2020, 08:50 PM
MAYBE YSU @ Akron

lionsrking2
March 17th, 2020, 11:15 PM
We open with Tulane and have had some near misses with them over the years. We're really good on offense and should score some points. I think we'll be improved on defense but will it be enough to oustcore them? We'll see. I think it'll be competitive for four quarters. That is if COVID-19 doesn't get us all.

frozennorth
March 18th, 2020, 03:12 AM
none of these games will be played

CHIP72
March 18th, 2020, 06:10 AM
Hopefully we won’t have the “Coronavirus vs FBS” or “Coronavirus vs FCS” Scalp Watch.

OhioHen
March 18th, 2020, 06:17 AM
MAYBE YSU @ Akron

Not so long ago, this wouldn't have been considered an upset.

FUBeAR
March 18th, 2020, 07:03 AM
Gotta add Mercer @ Vandy on 9/5 to the list

Vandy Football is almost always immuno-compromised & Mercer will be under a new Coach coming in with a unique, somewhat run-heavy O from a D2 program. I doubt the Commie-Doors Coaches / Players will bother finding / watching any game video of ‘18-‘19 Lenoir-Rhyne or ‘16-‘17 Reinhardt...and I expect Mercer Fans, anxious to attend Coach Cronic’s debut & excited about a roadtrip to NashVegas, will outnumber those in Black/Gold.

Bears go up early & hang on for the FBS / P5 / SEC (sorta) scalp!

MR. CHICKEN
March 18th, 2020, 07:54 AM
[QUOTE=FUBeAR;2870967]Gotta add Mercer @ Vandy on 9/5 to the list

Vandy Football is almost always immuno-compromised & Mercer will be under a new Coach coming in with a unique, somewhat run-heavy O from a D2 program. I doubt the Commie-Doors Coaches / Players will bother finding / watching any game video of ‘18-‘19 Lenoir-Rhyne or ‘16-‘17 Reinhardt...and I expect Mercer Fans, anxious to attend Coach Cronic’s debut & excited about a roadtrip to NashVegas, will outnumber those in Black/Gold.

.....COACHES....ARE CONNECTED....SOMEBODAH WILL GIVE DUH C-DORES....UH GLIMPSE........AN' BESIDES.....VANDIES......ARE REALLY SMART......WOOD FIGURE YA'S OUT.....LIKE IN ONE SERIES.......AWK!

FUBeAR
March 18th, 2020, 02:33 PM
[QUOTE=FUBeAR;2870967]Gotta add Mercer @ Vandy on 9/5 to the list

.....COACHES....ARE CONNECTED....SOMEBODAH WILL GIVE DUH C-DORES....UH GLIMPSE........AN' BESIDES.....VANDIES......ARE REALLY SMART......WOOD FIGURE YA'S OUT.....LIKE IN ONE SERIES.......AWK!
Didn’t say they COULDN’T get video; said they wouldn’t bother.

Surprised at yer position on the figgerin’ out, Mr. Chicken. As the Bears will be runnin’ an updated, modern version of Tubby’s Delaware wang-T, woulda thought you felt/knew how difficult that O is to figger, particularly if you ain’t never seen it...regardless of your test score on the history section of the ACT.

MR. CHICKEN
March 18th, 2020, 03:22 PM
[QUOTE=MR. CHICKEN;2870971]
Didn’t say they COULDN’T get video; said they wouldn’t bother.

Surprised at yer position on the figgerin’ out, Mr. Chicken. As the Bears will be runnin’ an updated, modern version of Tubby’s Delaware wang-T, woulda thought you felt/knew how difficult that O is to figger, particularly if you ain’t never seen it...regardless of your test score on the history section of the ACT.

.......WHEN YA SAID....RUN HEAVY O.....YA FAILED TA MENTION......IT WAS DUH WING-T.........AH KNOW UH DUH WING-T.....AN' AH HAVE TUBBY'S TOME...."THE DELAWARE WING-T an order of football"....IT'S AN AUTOGRAPHED COPY.....AN' AH'VE BEEN GOIN' TA GAMES...SINCE 6TH GRADE........BRAWK!

.......AN'....AH WON DUH YOU-DEE TRIVIA CONTEST....ON BUS RIDE TA CHATTY 2003......AWK!

The Yo Show
March 18th, 2020, 03:44 PM
Not so long ago, this wouldn't have been considered an upset.

After Akron's season last year it may still not be, but YSU isn't doing so well so it probably still would be ha

Derby City Duke
March 18th, 2020, 09:35 PM
JMU has no chance against UNC, if the game is played. We've got a great stable of RBs, but we will need a passing game to have a shot to keep it close. I've never been sold on Cole 'Baby Giraffe' Johnson and Moloney is seriously untested against real competition. I was stunned that Cignetti put him in late in the Natty. Whatever effect he thought it would have on the game was woefully overestimated.

FUBeAR
March 18th, 2020, 10:30 PM
JMU has no chance against UNC, if the game is played. We've got a great stable of RBs, but we will need a passing game to have a shot to keep it close. I've never been sold on Cole 'Baby Giraffe' Johnson and Moloney is seriously untested against real competition. I was stunned that Cignetti put him in late in the Natty. Whatever effect he thought it would have on the game was woefully overestimated.
Better have a secondary & a BIG-time pass rush if you want to take down the TarHoles. That cat can SPIN IT...with precision & throws an exquisite deep ball.

Sader87
March 19th, 2020, 08:59 AM
HC has about as good a chance as Lloyd Christmas had of wooing Mary Swanson against BC but I'm still thrilled they will be playing again next year (hopefully).

ST_Lawson
March 19th, 2020, 01:17 PM
We will not win our FBS game, no #bookit needed.

We play Oklahoma State (8-5 last year). It'll look like our game against Mizzou in 2011: https://mutigers.com/sports/football/opponent-history/western-illinois-university/73

NY Crusader 2010
March 20th, 2020, 06:18 PM
Here are my upset picks, without doing any research regarding returning personnel:

UC Davis over Nevada
YSU over Akron
Central Arkansas over Missouri
NCAT over Liberty
Duquesne over Coastal Carolina
Albany over UMASS
Maine over UCONN
Princeton over Army

Sader87
March 21st, 2020, 12:42 PM
I forgot Princeton was playing Army this year.....that will be an interesting game.

NY Crusader 2010
March 21st, 2020, 02:14 PM
I forgot Princeton was playing Army this year.....that will be an interesting game.

Definitely could be. I was under the impression from other posters that Princeton had a lot of injuries last year and is expected to be loaded in 2020, like they were in 2018. Army I believe is losing a lot and doesn't seem to automatically reload at key positions EVERY year like Navy does.

I did attend the Princeton-Dartmouth game at Yankee Stadium last year and wasn't THAT impressed considering how much the upper echelon of the Ivy has been talked up lately. Put it this way -- neither of those two teams would've stood a chance against JMU.

Mike296
March 23rd, 2020, 12:40 AM
If we even give Cinci a close game I’ll be happy. Book that as a blowout loss.

mvfcfan
March 23rd, 2020, 08:15 AM
Indiana State could beat Middle Tennessee if there is a season.

WeAreThePride
March 29th, 2020, 12:06 PM
none of these games will be played
OK Doomer.

ElCid
April 1st, 2020, 08:04 PM
I don't know. Clemson looked pretty weak in their Championship game. I like our chances come 14 Nov.:D AGS baby!

We are 5-32-1 against them overall. We did beat them in 1916, 24, 26, 28 and 31. In other words, we are due.xnodx

bonarae
May 5th, 2020, 08:57 AM
There might be no money games at all this season.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/dan-patrick-cfb-2020/

KPSUL
May 5th, 2020, 09:38 AM
[QUOTE=FUBeAR;2871069]

.......WHEN YA SAID....RUN HEAVY O.....YA FAILED TA MENTION......IT WAS DUH WING-T.........AH KNOW UH DUH WING-T.....AN' AH HAVE TUBBY'S TOME...."THE DELAWARE WING-T an order of football"....IT'S AN AUTOGRAPHED COPY.....AN' AH'VE BEEN GOIN' TA GAMES...SINCE 6TH GRADE........BRAWK!

.......AN'....AH WON DUH YOU-DEE TRIVIA CONTEST....ON BUS RIDE TA CHATTY 2003......AWK!

Big deal, a bus full of poultry!

PaladinFan
May 5th, 2020, 09:48 AM
I don't know. Clemson looked pretty weak in their Championship game. I like our chances come 14 Nov.:D AGS baby!

We are 5-32-1 against them overall. We did beat them in 1916, 24, 26, 28 and 31. In other words, we are due.xnodx

With Trevor Lawrence, Clemson could probably beat the Citadel playing 7 man football.

MR. CHICKEN
May 5th, 2020, 12:14 PM
[QUOTE=MR. CHICKEN;2871079]

Big deal, a bus full of poultry!

......BUT......AH WON DUH.....TIC-TAC-TOE TOURNEY..........ALSO...........BRAWK!!

smallcollegefbfan
May 5th, 2020, 07:47 PM
I'm usually an optimist, but I can't help but circle that Furman/Tennessee game.

UT, you may recall, dropped a game to Georgia State in Knoxville last season. Furman had the same Georgia State team on the ropes for four quarters the following weekend. Many suggested Furman played Georgia State tougher than UT did.

The Paladins will return a lot of talent. They also play the Vols in a weekend sandwiched in between their road game to Oklahoma and home game against Florida (two HUGE games for them). They may well be overlooking the little FCS school coming in.

Honestly, Georgia State surprised Tennessee and I think they were "drunk" as the expression goes. I really thought if Furman had a top 10 FCS caliber team that maybe they could have beat them since Furman was playing with house money and was able to throw everything at them for a key win. Usually when a team who is not use to winning big games pulls a game like that off they can have a hangover in the following weeks.

Furman has some talent but I don't see any shot you beat Tennessee. They should be sky high to prove that they are a rising program after the strong finish and high expectations. They know that they could lose in an upset so I don't think they will overlook you guys. I believe you should play them closer than many expect due to the reasons you gave on the schedule but I would still say Tennessee wins that game by at least 10 points.

ElCid
May 5th, 2020, 08:10 PM
Furman has some talent but I don't see any shot you beat Tennessee. They should be sky high to prove that they are a rising program after the strong finish and high expectations. They know that they could lose in an upset so I don't think they will overlook you guys. I believe you should play them closer than many expect due to the reasons you gave on the schedule but I would still say Tennessee wins that game by at least 10 points.

10 points?

I'm thinking at least 30. #Bookit

PaladinNation
May 6th, 2020, 06:10 AM
10 points?

I'm thinking at least 30. #Bookit

Could happen - lots of things can happen in these matchups. The one thing you can #Bookit is Furman will come to Knoxville planning to win. Furman lost to Clemson in 2018 48-7. Last year the Dins lost to GaSt 48-42 and VaTech 24-17.

Tennessee was up and down last season - IMO their only impressive win was 17-14 over Kentucky. I do give the VOLS credit for beating FCS competition badly. I think Furman scores some points with it's multi-offense the question is can the defense keep the offense in the game against the Tennessee offense.

cx500d
May 6th, 2020, 08:14 AM
Could happen - lots of things can happen in these matchups. The one thing you can #Bookit is Furman will come to Knoxville planning to win. Furman lost to Clemson in 2018 48-7. Last year the Dins lost to GaSt 48-42 and VaTech 24-17.

Tennessee was up and down last season - IMO their only impressive win was 17-14 over Kentucky. I do give the VOLS credit for beating FCS competition badly. I think Furman scores some points with it's multi-offense the question is can the defense keep the offense in the game against the Tennessee offense.

"Impressive Win over Kentucky" isn't something you hear often

PaladinFan
May 6th, 2020, 08:22 AM
Honestly, Georgia State surprised Tennessee and I think they were "drunk" as the expression goes. I really thought if Furman had a top 10 FCS caliber team that maybe they could have beat them since Furman was playing with house money and was able to throw everything at them for a key win. Usually when a team who is not use to winning big games pulls a game like that off they can have a hangover in the following weeks.

If Furman stays within 10 points of an SEC team on the road, then that's an impressive outing.

I watched UT's game against Georgia State last season. GSU was outgunned at every position, but wanted it more.

Furman will be big underdogs, but SoCon teams also have a long history of making these types of games uncomfortably close.

citdog
May 6th, 2020, 03:41 PM

How many of those games did you WIN? ZERO.

citdog
May 6th, 2020, 03:46 PM
How could I have missed this thread full of vermin scum touting how many moral victories they had?

https://celebritypictures.wiki/images/0001327/0001327_138.jpeg

cx500d
May 6th, 2020, 04:11 PM
How many of those games did you WIN? ZERO.

Its not about the wins, its about the quality losses

Seawolf97
May 6th, 2020, 07:40 PM
Stonybrook at Florida Atlantic will be a blow out if played . I doubt there will any season until maybe the spring though . We shall see

- - - Updated - - -

Stonybrook at Florida Atlantic will be a blow out if played . I doubt there will any season until maybe the spring though . We shall see

citdog
May 7th, 2020, 03:36 PM

- - - Updated - - -

https://youtu.be/CfW-MPUjC_0

citdog
May 7th, 2020, 04:46 PM
For the verminites in this thread just so you don't forget...
"If you do.You will win."

https://youtu.be/Bkxlh8gtJQo

FUBeAR
May 8th, 2020, 08:57 AM
For the verminites in this thread just so you don't forget...
"If you do.You will win."

”Exactly who we are...”

SCHOOL
CONF
CPCT.
CONF. HOME
CONF. AWAY
CONF. STREAK
OVERALL
PCT.
HOME
AWAY
NEUTRAL
STREAK

Wofford (http://soconsports.com/index.aspx?path=wofford)
7-1
3-1
4-0
W7
8-4
4-2
4-2
0-0
L1

Furman (http://soconsports.com/index.aspx?path=furman)
6-2
3-1
3-1
L1
8-5
5-1
3-4
0-0
L1

Chattanooga (http://soconsports.com/index.aspx?path=utc)
5-3
3-1
2-2
L1
6-6
4-2
2-4
0-0
L1

VMI
4-4
2-2
2-2
W1
5-7
3-3
2-4
0-0
W1

Samford
4-4
2-2
2-2
W1
5-7
3-2
2-4
0-1
L1

The Citadel (http://soconsports.com/index.aspx?path=citadel)
4-4
2-2
2-2
L2
6-6
3-3
3-3
0-0
L2

*Edited - forgot that VMI & Samford both rang up W’s vs. the bellhops

PaladinFan
May 8th, 2020, 10:58 AM
The Citadel's system is such that they will lose to teams they should beat, and beat teams they should lose to.

The latter helps their head coach keep a job.

citdog
May 8th, 2020, 02:29 PM
The Citadel's system is such that they will lose to teams they should beat, and beat teams they should lose to.

The latter helps their head coach keep a job.

Furman is a team who sucks.

cx500d
May 8th, 2020, 02:31 PM
Furman is a team who sucks.
Just curious, how many times has the citadel been to a natty vs furman?

citdog
May 8th, 2020, 02:43 PM

Curious this

cx500d
May 8th, 2020, 03:05 PM
Curious this
#NotanAnswer

KPSUL
May 8th, 2020, 03:33 PM
I know, I tried for hours to beat you when you were at the Tropicana up in Atlantic City!

PaladinFan
May 8th, 2020, 03:52 PM

The Citadel is 36-60-3 against Furman. You just only hear Citdog talk about it when they win.

Historically, Furman's 61% win percentage against the Citadel would rank among the top numbers of teams that have played at least 100 times (2020 will be the 100th meeting). You could argue that few Division 1 football teams have beaten another D1 program as frequently and for as long as Furman has beaten the Citadel.

frozennorth
May 8th, 2020, 08:56 PM
The Citadel is 36-60-3 against Furman. You just only hear Citdog talk about it when they win.

Historically, Furman's 61% win percentage against the Citadel would rank among the top numbers of teams that have played at least 100 times (2020 will be the 100th meeting). You could argue that few Division 1 football teams have beaten another D1 program as frequently and for as long as Furman has beaten the Citadel.
thats about the same win ratio that mighty UND has over pathetic NDSU

ElCid
May 8th, 2020, 09:10 PM

Ok. But what have you done recently?

Last 65 years? 33-32. Congrats.
Last 30 years? 17-13. Congrats.
Last 14 years? 7-7. Oooo.
Last 10 years? 5-5. Oooo.
Last 5 years? 2-3. Oops!

So pretty much since the mid 50s you have been batting 0.500.

Congrats. Furman will always suck. Accept it.

FUBeAR
May 8th, 2020, 11:52 PM

Last 5 years? 2-3.so...if I ciphered along correctly, you’re saying, the bellhops are losers compared to the mighty Paladins. Was that ever really a question?

cx500d
May 9th, 2020, 01:27 PM

Last 5 years? 2-3. Oops!

So pretty much since the mid 50s you have been batting 0.500.

Congrats. Furman will always suck. Accept it.

Nice comeback ElCitdog

Bison Fan in NW MN
May 9th, 2020, 03:39 PM
thats about the same win ratio that mighty UND has over pathetic NDSU

Gotta love the padded head/head for the lesser school from the 20s, 30s, 40s and 50s.....how many of those games did you go to?

VandalBasher
May 9th, 2020, 04:26 PM
Historically, about 10% of these games result in a "W" for D1-AA/FCS.

The Vandals got Washington State University eight miles to the west and Temple across the country.

cx500d
May 9th, 2020, 05:49 PM
Historically, about 10% of these games result in a "W" for D1-AA/FCS.

The Vandals got Washington State University eight miles to the west and Temple across the country.

A Leachless Wazzu and Temple are ripe for the picking

VandalBasher
May 9th, 2020, 10:40 PM
A Leachless Wazzu and Temple are ripe for the picking

If, and I say if, the Vandals have selected the best QB, we might have a sliver of a chance against Temple. WSU is going to ROTS as best they can to send a message for recruiting.

bonarae
September 30th, 2020, 04:32 AM
Now... bumping this up...

Due to COVID-19 and mass exodus of OOC games, do you think FCS has a chance of getting ZERO scalps for the first time in this century? xchinscratchx (even with all the late additions)

Libertine
September 30th, 2020, 07:30 AM

Due to COVID-19 and mass exodus of OOC games, do you think FCS has a chance of getting ZERO scalps for the first time in this century? xchinscratchx (even with all the late additions)

Campbell at Georgia Southern might have been the best chance. I've watched Campbell play three times this year against former-FCS-now-FBS teams and they've looked really good for about a quarter and a half.

Then the wheels come off.

Catatonic
September 30th, 2020, 09:14 AM
Campbell at Georgia Southern might have been the best chance. I've watched Campbell play three times this year against former-FCS-now-FBS teams and they've looked really good for about a quarter and a half.

Then the wheels come off.

Agreed.
I’ add that ACU had a legit shot at beating UTEP well into the 4th quarter

The Yo Show
October 1st, 2020, 08:48 AM

Yes unfortunately this is looking very likely.

KPSUL
October 5th, 2020, 01:45 PM

Yep. FCS football has the wrong Indians on the warpath this Fall to do any FBS Scalp'n.

BEAR
October 5th, 2020, 02:51 PM
I think there could be one this weekend.

UCA plays Arkansas State.

If arky lite plays like they did against Kansas lite the we lose.

If arky lite plays like they did against Coastal Carolina then we win.

Let’s see which one shows up.

This game means more to the Bears than it means to red wolf fans.

Lorne_Malvo
October 5th, 2020, 04:15 PM

This game means more to the Bears than it means to red wolf fans.

You are going to take an L. Sorry.

BEAR
October 5th, 2020, 04:34 PM
You are going to take an L. Sorry.

Anymore guesses you want to throw in the wind? Looks about as valid as mine.

POD Knows
October 5th, 2020, 05:26 PM

This game means more to the Bears than it means to red wolf fans.You already had your Super Bowl in Fargo, you will lose because of the Bison effect. Sorry, I had to say that, it is part of the blood oath some of us took.

BEAR
October 5th, 2020, 05:37 PM
You already had your Super Bowl in Fargo, you will lose because of the Bison effect. Sorry, I had to say that, it is part of the blood oath some of us took.

xlolx

Catatonic
October 5th, 2020, 05:42 PM
You already had your Super Bowl in Fargo, you will lose because of the Bison effect. Sorry, I had to say that, it is part of the blood oath some of us took.

Well played

NY Crusader 2010
October 5th, 2020, 08:45 PM
After UCA v. Arkansas State, what opportunities are left?

The Citadel always seems to play well in these types of games but will have their hands full with Army this year.

BEAR
October 5th, 2020, 11:05 PM
UCA plays ULL. :)

OhioHen
October 6th, 2020, 06:29 AM
UCA plays ULL. :)

The NDSU I saw on Saturday would struggle mightily against the ULL I've seen a couple times this season. That NDSU team won over UCA.

TheKingpin28
October 6th, 2020, 07:46 AM
You already had your Super Bowl in Fargo, you will lose because of the Bison effect. Sorry, I had to say that, it is part of the blood oath some of us took.Was I too drunk to remember this? When was this meeting?

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

BEAR
October 6th, 2020, 08:03 AM
The NDSU I saw on Saturday would struggle mightily against the ULL I've seen a couple times this season. That NDSU team won over UCA.

xlolx. It’s an answer to NY Crusader’s question.

ElCid
October 6th, 2020, 09:45 AM
After UCA v. Arkansas State, what opportunities are left?

The Citadel always seems to play well in these types of games but will have their hands full with Army this year.

We seem to be in some sort of disarray. It almost seems like they are playing scrimmages in practice. A lot of younger players getting reps though. The virus and a chunk of virus opt out players have left our experienced backfield drained. Unless something changes this week we will struggle moving the ball just as we have the first three games. Not optimistic about our chances.

NY Crusader 2010
October 22nd, 2020, 05:52 PM
Bump.

ElCid -- I watched the Army-Citadel game in full. Cadets threw the kitchen sink at the...Cadets, great effort in 14-9 loss. Spread was what, 30.5?

Tough loss for Eastern Kentucky last weekend against Troy. Scored TD with about :30 left to take lead. Troy wins game on last-second FG.

This week we have:

Jax State @ FIU
Mercer @ Army (long shot)
Chatty @ WKU

ElCid
October 23rd, 2020, 05:13 PM
Bump.

ElCid -- I watched the Army-Citadel game in full. Cadets threw the kitchen sink at the...Cadets, great effort in 14-9 loss. Spread was what, 30.5?

Tough loss for Eastern Kentucky last weekend against Troy. Scored TD with about :30 left to take lead. Troy wins game on last-second FG.

This week we have:

Jax State @ FIU
Mercer @ Army (long shot)
Chatty @ WKU

Yeah we did ok. A couple tough breaks, a couple missed FGs. Coach opened it up a bit.

I like JSU this week. But FIU knows they are in danger so they will be careful and play hard. I don't see Mercer having much of a chance. We were on a mission and knew their O and D intimately. Plus Mercer has got to be cold right now given the schedule. Moreso with UTC.

Professor Chaos
October 23rd, 2020, 09:05 PM
JSU wins 19-10 over FIU. Snaps a 67 game losing streak for FCS teams against FBS foes (going back The Citadel's win over Georgia Tech last year). Great job Cocks!

Nothing flukish about the win either. JSU outgains them 3 yards to 1 and possesses the ball for over 40 minutes. The score was actually closer than it should've been.

dgtw
October 23rd, 2020, 09:16 PM
JSU wins 19-10 over FIU. Snaps a 67 game losing streak for FCS teams against FBS foes (going back The Citadel's win over Georgia Tech last year). Great job Cocks!

Nothing flukish about the win either. JSU outgains them 3 yards to 1 and possesses the ball for over 40 minutes. The score was actually closer than it should've been.

FIU isn’t very good but they are still FBS. Jax State had a field goal blocked in the second half. They had a number of long drives that ate up clock. Our starting QB got knocked out early, hopefully he will be back for our next game.

FUBeAR
October 23rd, 2020, 09:48 PM
I like JSU this week.

I don't see Mercer having much of a chance.

Plus Mercer has got to be cold right now given the schedule.JaxSt @ FIU was not as close as the score - Jacksonville State was clearly the better Team.

FIU lost by 2 to undefeated #33 Liberty a couple of weeks ago.

Liberty is ranked ahead of Army in the AP Top 25.

Mercer’s close game with JaxSt looking even better right now.

Cold? The Bears had a single off-week after playing (FUBeAR’s #2...maybe #1 next week) JaxSt down to the wire.

The Bears looked a whole lot better against JaxSt than FIU did.

2 critical (and very correctable) special teams mistakes (fumbled punt snap / fumbled pooch KO), and a VERY questionable (unreviewed) ‘fumble’ returned for a TD gave JaxSt 3 TD’s & cost Mercer the win @ JaxSt.

CockyGeek
October 24th, 2020, 07:57 AM
Watching JSU take home a paycheck and a sub was nice. All they had to do was run the ball every down and kick field goals.

POD Knows
October 24th, 2020, 08:10 AM
xthumbsupx Hats off to JSU, again, I hate you guys as much as the next normal guy but it was a good win and JSU was clearly the better team, score wasn't as close as it indicated stats wise.

dgtw
October 24th, 2020, 09:03 AM
xthumbsupx Hats off to JSU, again, I hate you guys as much as the next normal guy but it was a good win and JSU was clearly the better team, score wasn't as close as it indicated stats wise.

We had four field goals and another that was blocked. The two in the second half were 23 and 20 yards. Turn those into TDs and convert the one that was blocked and it is 30-10. Held the ball over 42 minutes.

ElCid
October 24th, 2020, 09:21 AM
JaxSt @ FIU was not as close as the score - Jacksonville State was clearly the better Team.

FIU lost by 2 to undefeated #33 Liberty a couple of weeks ago.

Liberty is ranked ahead of Army in the AP Top 25.

Mercer’s close game with JaxSt looking even better right now.

Cold? The Bears had a single off-week after playing (FUBeAR’s #2...maybe #1 next week) JaxSt down to the wire.

The Bears looked a whole lot better against JaxSt than FIU did.

2 critical (and very correctable) special teams mistakes (fumbled punt snap / fumbled pooch KO), and a VERY questionable (unreviewed) ‘fumble’ returned for a TD gave JaxSt 3 TD’s & cost Mercer the win @ JaxSt.

Eh. Mercer is playing it's second game of the season. Army has been playing week in and week out and playing game seven. That's all I ment. I hope Mercer can make some noise, but doubt it. Glad the game is on TV!

Real good job JSU!

FUBeAR
October 24th, 2020, 10:50 AM
Eh. Mercer is playing it's second game of the season. Army has been playing week in and week out and playing game seven. That's all I ment. I hope Mercer can make some noise, but doubt it. Glad the game is on TV!

Real good job JSU!
Fair enough.

If Mercer’s toddlers on D can figure out how to contain Army’s TO O (a near impossible task for youngsters who have never faced it), we might have a decent game. If they can’t/don’t, things could get out of hand early.

...and, yes, FANTASTIC JOB, JSU. I know, at least one, AGS Poll voter is considering moving the Gamecocks to the #1 slot.

Libertine
October 24th, 2020, 06:17 PM
Officiating games is really hard so I generally try to avoid criticizing them too much in public. That being said, Chatty just got absolutely hosed by the C-USA replay crew at Western Kentucky. They took a game-winning KOR TD off the board with a minute to play because one camera angle caught the upback (25 yards from the ball) waving an arm trying to tell the return man to call fair catch. It was completely incidental procedure issue, had no effect on the outcome of the play and wasn't a safety issue which is exactly the opposite use for which replay was designed.

CockyGeek
November 7th, 2020, 03:24 PM
TUNA is leading Southern Miss at the half.

DEX
November 14th, 2020, 05:11 PM
Here are my upset picks, without doing any research regarding returning personnel:

UC Davis over Nevada
YSU over Akron
Central Arkansas over Missouri
NCAT over Liberty
Duquesne over Coastal Carolina
Albany over UMASS
Maine over UCONN
Princeton over Army

Not totally a bad thing our fall season was canceled. :D

NY Crusader 2010
November 14th, 2020, 06:30 PM
Not totally a bad thing our fall season was canceled. :D

I still think you guys would've had a fighting chance!

Duquesne over Coastal Carolina though...