PDA

View Full Version : OK Fishwrap: Missouri St and SHSU Are Div II?

TexasTerror
June 12th, 2007, 06:29 AM
When did Missouri State and Sam Houston State move down to Div II? I d idn't realize Arkansas State moved to Div II either. Big fan of the Div II message boards, but this is ridiculous...

---------------
Countdown to college football under way
Leo Kelley

The Cowboys finished a disappointing 7-6 (3-5 in the weak Big 12 Conference) in 2006. That included lopsided wins over three of the worst teams in the nation — Missouri State and Arkansas State (two Division II squads) and Florida Atlantic. OSU lost to its only non-conference opponent with a heartbeat — Houston. Other losses were to lowly Kansas State, Texas A&M, Texas, Texas Tech and OU.

The Cowboys open the season at No. 16 Georgia, then will roll over two absolute stiffs — No. 109 Florida Atlantic and No. 82 Troy. Week 4 brings No. 49 Texas Tech to Stillwater, followed by Division 2 Sam Houston State. OSU is at College Station in Week 6 to take on No. 23 Texas A&M, and at Lincoln the following week for the No. 18 Cornhuskers. The Kansas State Mildcats travel to Stillwater in Week 8, while the Cowboys head to Norman the following week. OSU hosts the Longhorns in Week 10 and finished the regular season against a couple of slugs — Kansas and Baylor.

The Cowboys face a tougher schedule in 2007, even after the ridiculous matchup with Sam Houston State is thrown out. But if OSU wants to become a force, games with Division II schools have to go. Wins over D2 clubs mean nothing.

http://www.adaeveningnews.com/localsports/local_story_162101716.html

chrisattsu
June 12th, 2007, 08:47 AM
With the Lonestar Conference's East Central being located in Ada, Oklahoma, they should know all of the the 'local' D2 schools.

Dear Leo Kelley,

Your fact checking totally sucks. Go back to college and learn research methodology. If you have any questions on Division 1 football please visit Any GivenSaturday.

Thanks,
Chrisattsu

andy7171
June 12th, 2007, 09:12 AM
Even for a small town rag like this, this is atrotious writing. Doesn't SHSU have the old QB from OU? Bohmar? How can he write a review of OU and not know the former QB plays for one of the teams he's slamming?

henfan
June 12th, 2007, 10:16 AM
That's just lazy writing, nearly akin to saying the Boston Patriots were AFL champions last season.

GeauxLions94
June 12th, 2007, 11:49 AM
That's just lazy writing, nearly akin to saying the Boston Patriots were AFL champions last season.

They weren't. Wasn't it the Baltimore Colts ;)

PMB4Life
June 12th, 2007, 01:17 PM
I wouldn't worry about it. I don't exactly think "the definitive source of all things college football" when I think The Ada, Oklahoma Evening News.

already123
June 12th, 2007, 02:02 PM
is SHSU really DII?!

Gorilla89
June 12th, 2007, 02:33 PM
is SHSU really DII?!

No. And I have met some guy's on the d2 MB.;) ;) No comment OB55.:D

already123
June 12th, 2007, 03:42 PM
good! I like SHSU...I'd hate to see them move down

already123
June 12th, 2007, 03:43 PM
GORILLA89....What are your affiliations with K. Matheney?

dgreco
June 12th, 2007, 04:34 PM
that is some horrible reporting, people are lazy though.

TexasTerror
June 12th, 2007, 04:41 PM
Even for a small town rag like this, this is atrotious writing. Doesn't SHSU have the old QB from OU? Bohmar? How can he write a review of OU and not know the former QB plays for one of the teams he's slamming?

SHSU does have Rhett Bomar, the OU transfer...

katstrapper
June 12th, 2007, 09:41 PM
All I could say after reading that was...xnonox xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

What a maroon!!xasswhipx

chrisattsu
June 13th, 2007, 09:13 AM
No. And I have met some guy's on the d2 MB.;) ;) No comment OB55.:D

Why did you pick the SUI helmet over PSU?