PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Fitzpatrick's Debut

Ivytalk
August 15th, 2005, 09:24 AM
Fitzie got some meaningful playing time during the Rams' win over the Bears. He was 2 for 6 for 26 yards, no picks, no fumbles.

Fordham
August 15th, 2005, 11:28 AM
Did you get to see him play? Was it a strong 2 for 6 (maybe some shoulda been caught balls?) or a weak one? Who is he competing with to backup Bulger?

Disappointing weekend for Rams' fans, as Kevin Eakin was given one series consisting of 3 handoffs (which led to a FG) in the Jets' win over Detroit. Bollinger received the majority of the gametime, which is disappointing given that Kevin is competing with him for the #3 spot. Now we probably have to hope that Fiedler trips over his walker and twists an ankle or something (not to wish something bad on a I-AA alum ... but loyalty to school always comes before loyalty to subclassification :D )

Ivytalk
August 15th, 2005, 01:06 PM
I didn't see the game, Fordham, just read the stats later. I think Ryan is competing with Jeff Smoker for the #3 QB job.

catbob
August 16th, 2005, 08:18 PM
Bulger
Martin (yay big sky :) )
Fitz/Smoker

Mr. C
August 16th, 2005, 11:09 PM
I thought Fitzy looked pretty sharp. He drove the team right down the field on his first series and as Ralph said had a TD pass go off a WR's fingers. Martin was also impressive during his action. I think Fitzpatrick will have a good chance of knocking off Smoker for that No. 3 spot and if he doesn't, he might be signed to the practice squad, or picked up by someone else. I think the Rams are a great fit for him.

Tribe4SF
August 16th, 2005, 11:09 PM
It was pretty good actually, I saw it. A TD pass of 20-30 yards skipped off the receiver's fingers... he looked strong and stable. Lots of I-AA guys in that game.

Dominique Thompson from W&M had two special teams tackles for the Rams.

Ivytalk
August 22nd, 2005, 08:13 AM
Fitzie got in at the end of the Chargers game and was 1-for-1 for a TD: a 78-yard scoring strike to Kevin Harris! I think he'll edge out Smoker for the #3 job.

Ivytalk
August 30th, 2005, 02:10 PM
Ryan went 2 for 3 for 25 yards against the Lions. I believe he led the Rams to a 4th-quarter FG. Smoker didn't even play.

Fordham
August 30th, 2005, 03:19 PM
didn't they have a quote that indicated Martz' confirmation that he's made the team?