PDA

View Full Version : Best FCS Comeback (Round 3)

NDSUFREAK
June 6th, 2007, 06:11 PM
Here comes round 3 of the best FCS comeback as chosen by AGS.

Grizo406
June 6th, 2007, 06:55 PM
I went with the SHSU vs EWU game.

The outcome of this game set up a re-match between SHSU, (who completely thumped us earlier that season), and the Griz. That semi-final game was the best game that I've ever seen the Griz play!

TexasTerror
June 6th, 2007, 07:59 PM
SHSU vs EWU...hands down.

I kept having faith and thank gawd, the Bearkats pulled this one out...

Lots of weird things. The guy who blocked a late EWU kick had never played on the block team before and he just jumped at just the right time...

FlyYtown
June 6th, 2007, 08:33 PM
My vote goes to the Penguins. They had a drive of over 90+ yards to finish that game off and win it for the Penguins. The best part about it was the game was on National TV in front of a huge crowd!!!

I WILL NEVER FORGET, "THE DRIVE"
http://youtube.com/watch?v=X0irIWj01FE

ASU_Chad
June 6th, 2007, 08:57 PM
Wow, Texas State. Who can pick against a game that effectively ended a head coach's job.

blackfordpu
June 6th, 2007, 09:47 PM
SHSU/EWU, no question. The Kats' QB, Long, never showed that he was rushed. Scared the crap out of me but he stayed calm and got the job done. 70 yards in 30 seconds on 1 timeout (I believe), how do you vote against that? Also, the score was so close which made for unbelievable drama.xnodx

CopperCat
June 7th, 2007, 12:07 AM
SHSU/EWU, no question. The Kats' QB, Long, never showed that he was rushed. Scared the crap out of me but he stayed calm and got the job done. 70 yards in 30 seconds on 1 timeout (I believe), how do you vote against that? Also, the score was so close which made for unbelievable drama.xnodx

Ditto my friend. That was a helluva finish.xnodx

slycat
June 7th, 2007, 12:25 AM
Wow, Texas State. Who can pick against a game that effectively ended a head coach's job.

and the triple option offense. change one of the biggest schools in FCS history.

NDSUFREAK
June 7th, 2007, 08:06 PM
GOOSE

appfan2008
June 7th, 2007, 08:09 PM
i am dumb... were all these games last year?

FlyYtown
June 7th, 2007, 08:24 PM

Well YSU-JMU was the first round of the 2006 Playoffs; I'd figure you would know since it was on ESPN2 and was the "BIG GAME" of the First Round. But chances are you were partying down in Boone.

NDSUFREAK
June 7th, 2007, 08:30 PM

i should have put the years but didn't have enough room to do so.

Hansel
June 7th, 2007, 08:39 PM
the Tex St win brought BVG to FCS... ugh

bobbythekidd
June 7th, 2007, 08:58 PM
the Tex St win brought BVG to FCS... ugh

ugh? I can think of many worse things to say. Of couse, I would be banished for life.

Still not a great comeback, but rather an internal meltdown on the part of GSU. I don't take anything away from Baliff and Texas State's victory. I am just saying GSU died.

GoldandBlack
June 7th, 2007, 09:02 PM
ugh? I can think of many worse things to say. Of couse, I would be banished for life.

Still not a great comeback, but rather an internal meltdown on the part of GSU. I don't take anything away from Baliff and Texas State's victory. I am just saying GSU died.

I agree- voted for the Penguins. Even as a rival, the GSU meltdown was tough to watch.

NDSUFREAK
June 8th, 2007, 04:34 PM
GOOSE

blackfordpu
June 8th, 2007, 09:41 PM

SHSU/EWU was in 2004.

ngineer
June 9th, 2007, 12:14 AM
The TSU/GSU comeback was amazing...I had turned the game off to out to dinner and didn't bother to tape it...:(

th0m
June 9th, 2007, 05:03 AM
It makes me sad there are two JMU games on here, both of which JMU is on the losing end :(

appfan2008
June 9th, 2007, 08:37 AM
Well YSU-JMU was the first round of the 2006 Playoffs; I'd figure you would know since it was on ESPN2 and was the "BIG GAME" of the First Round. But chances are you were partying down in Boone.

i knew that one thanks but i was just curious about the others...

blackfordpu
June 9th, 2007, 08:42 AM
The TSU/GSU comeback was amazing...I had turned the game off to out to dinner and didn't bother to tape it...:(

To me that does not make for an amazing comeback. The final score to that game was like it was a blowout the entire game. Not very exciting in the second half.

th0m
June 9th, 2007, 09:53 AM
The JMU-McNeese State game was in 1995 (the second leg of the home and home, which we won, was in 1996) and McNeese won by the score of 30-24, so not exactly 2 TD's, but definitely an impressive comeback. I didn't even know the game of football existed at that time, so needless to say I know nothing of the specifics of the game. I'd like to see a McNeese State home and home in the future though, quality program, and a nice road trip too I would think.

NDSUFREAK
June 10th, 2007, 03:02 PM
goose

patssle
June 10th, 2007, 03:22 PM
the SHSU comeback had NO timeouts and took SEVERAL plays to happen. Now thats a skilled comeback, not lucky.

slycat
June 10th, 2007, 03:32 PM
the SHSU comeback had NO timeouts and took SEVERAL plays to happen. Now thats a skilled comeback, not lucky.

the texas st comeback ended a dynasty. dont get me wrong the shsu comeback was great but the texas st one had a larger impact.

blackfordpu
June 10th, 2007, 04:13 PM
the texas st comeback ended a dynasty. dont get me wrong the shsu comeback was great but the texas st one had a larger impact.

Still was not a very exciting come back when it came down to it. The SHSU/EWU game was much more exciting from beginning to end. Tx St. had it wrapped up starting the fourth quarter.

NDSUFREAK
June 11th, 2007, 03:40 PM
GOOSE

blackfordpu
June 11th, 2007, 07:04 PM
NUTS & BOLTS, NUTS & BOLTS....WE GOT SCREWED!!!!!

NDSUFREAK
June 11th, 2007, 08:52 PM
BY 1 VOTE TEXAS STATE VS GEORGIA SOUTHERN ADVANCES......MYY OHH MYY